No announcement yet.

Alternate Universe Virtual Fleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the thing is we shouldnt be advancing thats the thing with fleets youdont really advance you make the odd weapon upgrade here and the mabee slight sheild mods but no advancements

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
      the thing is we shouldnt be advancing thats the thing with fleets youdont really advance you make the odd weapon upgrade here and the mabee slight sheild mods but no advancements
      mmmmmm right.

Whos with me on wraith shields?
      Perhaps Puff

Comment

A regenerative hull might actually be more effective than shields in some cases. Perhaps Michael or Todd could put shields on some of their ships...but not all the Wraith. Would that be acceptable to all? I mean, it'd be like the normal Wraith are too stubborn to give up their old ways, but because Michael is not fully Wraith, and since Todd is a genius (in my opinion), perhaps one of them might do it.
        sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

wraith do have shields

they should use it on cruisers and the battlecruiser i proposed

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
            A regenerative hull might actually be more effective than shields in some cases. Perhaps Michael or Todd could put shields on some of their ships...but not all the Wraith. Would that be acceptable to all? I mean, it'd be like the normal Wraith are too stubborn to give up their old ways, but because Michael is not fully Wraith, and since Todd is a genius (in my opinion), perhaps one of them might do it.
            I agree, it wouldn't be cannon with the show.
            sigpic
            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

thats why i split the wraith in three factions on the wiki:
              michael
              the wraith
              todd.

todd is wraith, but rather renewing and inventive
              wraith are normal wraith
              michael uses hybrids. i see him absorb existing ships and simply building more
              but todd. he would make a ship with the punch of a hive, and shields.

like i proposed: a battlecruiser/dreadnought of some 4-5 km long instead of the idiotic 11km hive

Comment

Well that would be quite cool, there ships could be like leaders with some new weapons
                Perhaps Puff

Comment

wraith have shields. they didnt use them as the ancients punctured through them as if they werent there. so they dropped the idea. but what if todd finds some ancient wraith warship with shields, some 4-5km long, and the shipyards which produced them, and decides to renew the class.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    wraith have shields. they didnt use them as the ancients punctured through them as if they werent there. so they dropped the idea. but what if todd finds some ancient wraith warship with shields, some 4-5km long, and the shipyards which produced them, and decides to renew the class.
                    well i like the ships, but I think there is a limit to the amount ships you can find lying around. Maybe he finds the specs, alters his hive with a shield. Then starts to build the class. Then maybe michael steals one, odd puts in extra sercurity but its too late, michael also has shields.
                    Perhaps Puff

Comment

That sounds good. It could be that previously-unidentified warship from the hologram in Rising. (there's a thread explaining how it couldn't have been a Hive). And he should start using the 'Falling Stars' more often than the plasma cannon, 'cause they do more damage.

And yes...we all know that Wraith have shields. What else is the canopy of a Dart? How else does the air stay in their hangars?
                      sigpic

Comment

That sounds good. It could be that previously-unidentified warship from the hologram in Rising. (there's a thread explaining how it couldn't have been a Hive). And he should start using the 'Falling Stars' more often than the plasma cannon, 'cause they do more damage.

And yes...we all know that Wraith have shields. What else is the canopy of a Dart? How else does the air stay in their hangars?
                        hmm, I dont remeber that, does anyone have a screencap? what are teh falling stars (they sound very cool)
                        Perhaps Puff

Comment

They're the blocky ships in the hologram about the War. And the falling stars are those big white things they fired at Atlantis in the Seige. The ones that could deplete a ZPM-powered shield in days.
                          sigpic

Comment

They're the blocky ships in the hologram about the War. And the falling stars are those big white things they fired at Atlantis in the Seige. The ones that could deplete a ZPM-powered shield in days.
                            *vague memories*

Havent seen rising for a loooooong while. I though it was because we only had one zpm that it didnt last very long
                            Perhaps Puff

Comment

does everyone agree on the managable size of 4-5m km?

its bigger than a 1200m cruiser, bigger than atlantis[ 4km]. smaller than a hive.

hives would be the colony ships, the most powerfull monolithic ship.
                              the second best would be the new ship. its best if it has quite powerfull shields [some prometheus level], yet they drop to 60% efficiency when they use weapons at maximum. weapons at maximum is hive type of weapons [just a few of em] combined with cruiser weapons. it has quite powerfull reactors, and some darts, but not too much.
                              michael wouldnt use them. he'd rather create some reactive armour, or the dampening field.

todd: shields
                              Michael: dampening field
                              wraith: powerfull hull.

Comment

That's okay, killman, except that Hives are Super Carriers. And the new ship should use Falling Stars.

Still, nich, it (the ZPM) was completely unused (as far as we know), and McKay said the 'falling stars' from 12 hives would deplete it in days. We're talking about a generator with enough power to destroy a solar system here, and they could deplete it in days. That's some serious firepower.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X