Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its going to be another painful war!
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Hey fugi, I see your there. Did you ever come up with two more races for me? I know you've been busy, so either way it's cool.
      sigpic
      "A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell." - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Yep it certainly is.

Comment

Just for practicality sake, should be do fleet numbers. As the final stage of organisation, voting ,standardisation, tech lists and the like i think numbers for each individual ship class may need to be established perhaps broken down in to fleets and galaxy so that we dont blow up more ships than we actually have. In previous fleets we have basicly used the general rule of blow up as many as the battle requires and assume they get rebuilt so we can blow even more up next time around...Which given our new organisational theme running through and filling up 3.0 doesnt no longer make sense.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by spacecowboy000 View Post
            Hey fugi, I see your there. Did you ever come up with two more races for me? I know you've been busy, so either way it's cool.
            Yeah I will post one in a second
            Vote Anubis for President in 2012
            A Face you Can Trust
            sigpic
            So whats the worst that could happen?
            Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
            It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
              Well I try, and usually most I make stuff gets argued by ZakeD until the point to were it's stupid. Then it's left in the dust and forgotten after you or buba stops it.
              What did I argue about that you posted besides your inaccurate timeline?

Comment

Yeah, not as smart, but yeah.
                Not as smart? Pffft. You obviously don't know me or McKay very well.

Oh, and I'm not arrogant.

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD View Post
                  What did I argue about that you posted besides your inaccurate timeline?
                  Well then:
                  The Master Tech List
                  The Weapons List
                  The Timeline
                  The Ecumenical Government
                  World Government Structure
                  All my ships tech on my specs
                  sigpic
                  ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                    Well then:
                    The Master Tech List
                    The Weapons List
                    The Timeline
                    The Ecumenical Government
                    World Government Structure
                    All my ships tech on my specs
                    Well duh I'd get mad at the master tech list, you just stole it from me and AJTs other thread and added a few things to it without giving any credit or anything. The weapons list and timeline were inaccurate, and I'm pretty sure I never said anything about your government, but I can't remember. And the only ship I think I said stuff about was your frigate.

Comment

Not as smart? Pffft. You obviously don't know me or McKay very well.

Oh, and I'm not arrogant.
                      Zake you're smart, but do you have an IQ between 180 - 200 like Mckay probably does?

We all are a bit arrogant. The only difference between pride and arrogance, is that pride is usually tempered with humility and/or wisdom.

Bobo, do you think it would be ok if I used the Typhon as my LHC's frigate later in the fleet? It's still the best unused ship in the fleet.
                      sigpic
                      "A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell." - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Can we not turn this into a "who's more of a jerk"-fest? Let's focus on the Fleet, not the people that make it up.
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Well duh I'd get mad at the master tech list, you just stole it from me and AJTs other thread and added a few things to it without giving any credit or anything. The weapons list and timeline were inaccurate, and I'm pretty sure I never said anything about your government, but I can't remember. And the only ship I think I said stuff about was your frigate.
                          For the frigate you wrong, pretty much all the ships I submitted in the last fleet you said they were either too powerful or they was something else wrong with it. and what was wrong with the timelime I got all of those dates from the posts of the battles.
                          sigpic
                          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Zake you're smart, but do you have an IQ between 180 - 200 like Mckay probably does?

We all are a bit arrogant. The only difference between pride and arrogance, is that pride is usually tempered with humility and/or wisdom.

Bobo, do you think it would be ok if I used the Typhon as my LHC's frigate later in the fleet? It's still the best unused ship in the fleet.
                            LCH?
                            sigpic
                            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                              The Coming Storm - December 23rd 2060

David ran down the streets of the outpost on Alpha Zetta IV, screams filled his ears and clouds of dust choked him as he ran. All around him shadows lept from building to building a cold sweat dripped down his face. Seeking sanctury he ran into a newby building he opened the door and nearly fell over from shock as lining the walls of the building bodies lay aged nothing but lifeless husks. He ran back out into the streets as an eerie but familar buzz could be heard flying overhead. Spinning around disorientated he ran to other nearby buildings the same lifeless corpses filling each one. Terror overcame him and he ran towards the Stargate suddenly the ground a head of him burst into flames in an intense explosion sending flying backwards. Laying motionless for several moments David struggled to pull himself to his feet, he spun round only to be faced with one of the shadows it let loose a blood curdling scream and plunged it's hand into Davids chest...

"And thats my dream," David said as he sat up to look at the base psychiatrist. The lights flickered back on and David looked expectedly at the friendly face of Emma the psychiatrist.
                              "I just need something to make me sleep, I'm getting on a bit I need my rest," David said jokingly though the look in eyes belayed the sense of dread and fear he was experiencing afraid these weren't just dreams.
                              "You say you've been having these nightmares for 5 nights. Well it's quite common for veterans of the Wraith wars to suffer from sleeping disorders, I mean after the sights you saw who wouldn't. People often dream of being fed on by Wraith or..." Emma began to say before David cut her off.
                              "They weren't Wraith..." David interupted.
                              "Pardon?" Inquired Emma slightly confused.
                              "It wasn't the Wraith attacking the outpost, it was something, something worse..." David continued the look in his eyes as he spoke sent a chill down Emma's spine, "I've felt this feeling before, the feeling that they're coming." Emma looked concerned as David continued to speak.
                              "It's like they're teasing me, showing me my fate the fate of everyone on this base. We should never have..."
                              "David!" Emma cut him off, beads of sweats could be seen trickling down his face and his hands were shaking.
                              "The Reapers are dead, David. I think the trauma of those years has finally caught up to you. I'm going to prescribe some medication to help you sleep and I seriously recommend you take a week off active duty." Emma said as she placed her hand on his shoulder reassuringly.
                              "Yeah sorry, I got a bit carried away for a moment," David nervously laughed.
                              "It's ok part of the job," Emma said with a smile.

David walked out of the building and looked up at the sky. Before strolling home. Night came and the busy outpost went to sleep, taking his medication David went to sleep optimistic of a good nights sleep...

David ran down the streets of the outpost on Alpha Zetta IV, screams filled his ears and clouds of dust choked him as he ran. All around him shadows lept from building to building a cold sweat dripped down his face. Seeking sanctury he ran into a newby building he opened the door and nearly fell over from shock as lining the walls of the building bodies lay aged nothing but lifeless husks. He ran back out into the streets as an eerie but familar buzz could be heard flying overhead. Spinning around disorientated he ran to other nearby buildings the same lifeless corpses filling each one. Terror overcame him and he ran towards the Stargate suddenly the ground a head of him burst into flames in an intense explosion sending flying backwards. Laying motionless for several moments David struggled to pull himself to his feet, he spun round only to be faced with one of the shadows. Instead of attacking it spoke.
                              "Soon." The creature spoke.
                              "You're not real, you can't hurt me, you're dead!" David shouted back. Overhead a huge vessel appeared stretching for miles blocking out the sun, David's heart was racing suddenly all around him he was surrounded by the shadows too many to count, he turned to face the leader.
                              "I see you." The creature spoke as it plunged it's hand into Davids chest. He was griped with intense pain as he slowly lost consciousness...

Suddenly David work up, his heart racing he quickly felt his chest a red hand print appeared.
                              "My God..." David stammered, terrified he ran to the computer in his courters.
                              "I need to talk to Commander Thadon! It's urgent!" David desperately pleaded to the communications chief at the main base.
                              "I'm sorry, David we're experiencing some strange communications difficulties at the moment. None of our communications are reaching orbit...we're...don't...know..." Static could be heard over the comm. system as the signal broke down. David collapsed backwards horrified before running to his window and looking out at the sky as the sun crept over the horizon.

Meanwhile in space...

"Sir we're experiencing communications difficulties on all channels." Lieutenant Williams informed Command Thadon aboard the Andromeda flagship the Scimitar. A Constellation class it was at the head of a fleet of four Pegasus class , three Tempest, two vectors and a Poseidon.
                              "Keep an eye on it." Thadon said as he sat in his chair. Down in the mess hall an ensign collected his food and went to sit down next to his colleagues, suddenly he dropped his plate as he stared blankly out the window. People began to turn and look and turned white with fear as three collossal ships floated towards them.
                              "Battle stations..." Stammered a lieutenant, no one responded, "BATTLE STATIONS!" He roared as he activated an emergency red alert. The bridge erupted to life as Thadon recieved the call from the mess hall.
                              "I see them..." Thadon replied as he stared in dread at the massive vessels heading towards him.
                              "Order the fleet to raise shields and form a line!" He ordered.
                              "It's no use Sir communications are down!" Williams exclaimed.

A pair of blue energy pulses flew past the Scimitar slamming into an unprepared Pegasus, the first hit blew a huge chunk of the neck apart and the second reduced it to debris.
                              "Somehow they're jamming our communications and sensors!" Williams shouted over the sound of the crash and thunder of the weapon impacts. After a second volley of weapons fire destroyed an unshielded Vector the rest of the fleet sprung into action and began to return fire. Ion canon fire, coil fun rounds and missiles hurtled towards the enemy vessels as dozens of pulses from each ship slammed into the Tau'ri shields. The Tau'ri weapons struck a field surrounding the vessels the effect was like a stone hitting a pond with the weaponry losing most of there energy getting through the field causing minimal damage to the armor underneath. With the enemy ships within striking range of the planets thousands of fighters poured out of them intercepting the weapons fire the sheer number of fighters was like a solid wall. Scraping past the defending ships they descended on the unsuspecting planet bellow leveling buildings and taking people from their beds as they lay.

In space the Tempest class made a passing run on a single enemy vessel closing to close range they hit it with everything they had causing damage to a small section of the hull. Being pelted with weapons fire one of the Tempest succumbed to the attack and was vaporized. The other three separately turned for another pass when they were each struck in short succession by a a barely coherent energy beam. The impact blew out power circuits across the ships some ships lost weapons others hyperdrive. On board the ships terrifying visions griped the crew as the enemy launched a psychic attack, visions of their own deaths filled their minds. Overcome by terror the helmsman of a Tempest lost control of the ship plunging it into the enemy ship . A second string of shots destroyed the remaining two vessels. Another two Pegasus were destroyed by the three seemingly unstoppable ships. The heavy coil guns of the Pegasus had the most impact the dampening field having less effect on the fast moving rounds. Seeing the hopelessness of the battle the Poseidon class attempted to been up people from the base but it was struck by dozens of energy pulses. The impact overloaded the shields and ripped the ship apart. Commander Thadon ordered the Scimitar's main Ion canons to fire and two bright lights flew out of the ship. They impacted the field around one of the vessels and strings of energy flew off the field in all directions as the field distorted from the impact. The blast struck the armor hard causing small fire balls around the impact zone. Now within close range though the three ships let lose a torrent of fire with multiple beams and pulses obliterating the remaining Tau'ri ships. They then descended on the planet...
                              oh no! we lost a Tempest! AHhhhh...

Good battle buba, I like your writing style

Edit: triple post - my bad
                              sigpic
                              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

That wasn't a serious post my friend. It was meant as a joke.

Comment

Working...
                                X