No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 3.0!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I said I would edit this with something special at some point, this was the end game for the war with the reapers, and the culmination of the Halen storylines, I hope this might give some indication as to how it would have ended, and perhaps one day we will finish this era of the fleets. Needless to say I am sorry we never got too and i hope you like it.

The Halen: A Eulogy

Spoiler:

To those who remained on the plains of solitude after that final act, few words could have humbled them more. The last great act of war by that great tribe of the ancients was the final and utter destruction of their most darkest of enemies. For thousands of years the Halen and the Lantians fought and died in a seemingly endless war with the wraith and in these latest of days the reapers. The last act, was also their final escape. The death of the Halen is unfortunately perhaps the single greatest feat the ancients ever accomplished. These next words will describe that end, and lay to rest the war which consumed all who witnessed it.

In the final years of the Halen before they set themselves in slumber, they prepared themselves for the end, for their final ascension in to the glory of their ancient cousins. The tower of the great citadel it should be known held a secret. Inside its vast complex lay a technology that would be the undoing of their race and their enemy. The Halen had been told from the Pathosians that their final days would be an ascent in to light, and

“When the Halen no longer fear death the great darkness will become light, when the Halen no longer live, their greatest day will become the longest of nights.”

The leaders agreed that in the final war of their kind the only weapon that could free them was death, their own sacrifice for the survival of those who are left behind. And so the Halen decided that their last weapon would be to ascend and in the gaining of their vast power they would take their enemy with them.

The battle for Earth had been brutal and we lost dearly for it. The reapers had now come for the citadel, and every soul who had witnessed that battle knew only one thing could save them. It was time for the Halen to take their place in the heavens. For generation upon generation they had denied themselves ascension, for hundreds of years their people had been at the very limit of human physiology, right at the brink. Their last act would be to take that last leap.

The reapers were a threat to everyone, the greatest civilizations of our region of space had fought for millennia against them and their ancestors. It was their right as the last true ancients to take action on behalf of us all. They created a device, a temple to ascension that when activated by the wanderer, and only he could use it, would force all of the Halen to ascend. In this act he was most qualified. Daniel Jackson, the man who had ascended three times, who had walked the fine line of the rules, done battle with the Ori and returned too their planes a hero would finally become one of them again. He was told of these secrets on ASOPT, the plan was made long before he arrived, but his knowledge would be vital to its success.

Koras and the Patriarchs, the greatest soldiers the human mind could have ever created had been victorious, they had shown the power of the Ancients in a way no other act could have. While the story of that feat is alive in the minds of those who witnessed it, their kin left behind to tell the stories of battle. Where the ancients returned through their stargates, and with their minds ripped apart the hordes of evil descending upon their last great citadel. Their final act to be consumed by a light so bright it outshone the stars. In that moment, everything Reaper and Wraith died.

Daniel Jackson, the most human Ancient there ever was, seated in a vast control room surrounded by Patriarchs and Ancients and Halen. Bathed in a light he has rejected more times than any. But this time, he was in control. He knew the rules and broke every single one of them. The Halen population and the Navos and Lantians who were too join him were vast in number, their collective will so strong and so powerful that no force could contain them. In that moment they could do anything, they used this power for one act, to destroy everything reaper. Throughout the galaxy the end of the reapers came, as their fleets raped planets and their soldiers tore civilizations asunder they died. Not just in Andromeda, but their armies in Ida and Pegasus and Aquarius and in the voids and in Avalon, they died. Their ships imploded, their bodies disappeared, all things reaper were removed from existence.

And in their place, the light of the Halen ascending filled the skies, millions upon millions of them, all controlled and coordinated through Daniel, and through his mind the true enlightenment he had sought for all his long life was achieved. The time of the Ancients was over and he had made it happen. It was time for a new age to begin, where new races and new peoples would shape its fate. The man who opened the stargate and watched all these long years as the galaxies around him changed because of those actions he took long ago, now had his answers. He was free. The Halen ascended, and in doing so free not only a old human but a whole universe from a generation of war that would never have ended. It is these actions that should be the mark of the ancients, the mark that they died to save us all from the mistakes of the past and that those mistakes in the future should never be underestimated. To take responsibility for them is the greatest test of civilization, and that if you have the power, use it.

The Halen are now part of a grander design, and a greater purpose than we can yet know. But their ascension changed things, their is now a new plane, not just a higher plane, but a noble one also, and this is where Daniel and the rest of his adopted kind will reside. The power of the Halen is greater than those of the others, and with Daniel as their head it may not be the last we see of them. The rules of the game changed, and humanity can finally look up at the stars and know that somewhere someone will be looking down on them with pride. It is now our job to give the universe the Halen left behind and will protect in some measure for us, a future worthy of their sacrifice.

Celebrate! and Happy birthday 3.0

Immhotep
    Last edited by immhotep; 07 September 2011, 08:05 AM.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Which reminds me, I think we should post everything we were going to do with the civil war here. I know I have a few battles I wrote that never saw the light of day.

Comment

I have lost track on where we were. I know how I was going to end the war with the reapers, and I have a major chunk of the battle complete. But i never finished the final scenes or the main space battle. I know how it was going to end though. I might write a simpler aftermath of the whole reaper saga which detailed the end of that phase of the war. But there are some details im struggling to remember and need to double check.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        11000! green me

Comment

Yeah I have two battles for the civil war and I can't remember if I ever posted the meeting with Jackson and Shelton.

OK I did on page 894 I think it was.
          Last edited by Davidtourniquet; 07 September 2011, 07:48 AM.

Comment

I just edited mine above. The end of the Halen :'( and the reaper war. If anyone wants continue the fleet from a point after this then they can use that as a line in the sand and start fresh without needing to tie up the many loose ends and storylines from the reapers and Andromeda.

There were many ideas that may be continued now and its just possible someone may want to follow on and continue with this timeline of fleets. If so then you are welcome to

Tep
            sigpic
            11000! green me

Comment

unfortunately it's short, but damn nice. a handful of words can be more powerful than a few sentence, and the relatively simple makeup of the story makes it IMHO so much more powerful, like it's being read at a memorial for the Halen.

that end for the halen is perhaps one of the more beautiful things i've laid my eyes on. one pure moment of total control, one moment to undo your mistakes, right your wrongs, one moment to change it all for the betterment of all. it reminds me of the story of Samson. IMO the most beautiful story ever told. a lone man, robbed of his sight, robbed of his family, robbed of all he held dear, betrayed by the one he held most dear, turns to the man he betrayed and asks for forgiveness, for one final act to compensate his mistakes. and unselfishly he does as he promised.

and there is a parallel to the Halen. one last act before they end their life here, one last act to undo the mistakes of generations, for the betterment of all, unselfishly.

good job

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                If you have more questions feel free to PM or use the sig links.
                Ok; tnx; will do, Tep
                If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Working...
                X