No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 3.0!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Asgard couldn't build a San Graal...they new what it was. But they couldn't build it.
    We dont know they couldnt built it, and its not actually that sophisticated, in fact by my understanding its just transfering energy from one dimension to another, something that is reletively simple. We have been able to extract energy from other universes as TRNT showsed and our own arcturis research, the asgard are capable of similar feats as well im sure. And to say that the road not taken cant count is wrong because they did it without even knowledge from atlantis, to them it was an entirely origional concept. In addition we have no reason to deny to that the asgard would be capable of creating a sangraal, the fact that they didnt is a plot hole. It was not a complex weapon by any standard, it was simply drawing energy from one place and sending it to another, they are capable of doing that with beaming technology with ease so theres no reason to dispute thier ability to do that between subspace and the ascended realm...now as to the Phantoms being able to do that, it is easy by thier standards, and we know the ancients should be able to create such a device, they have interdimensional viewports and cloaking technology so it shouldnt be too hard IMO by any standards. Even we have the ability to cross dimensions via the DV technology, energy is much easier than matter to cross dimensions.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Traditional labels of UBER do noyt apply to me, I'm ust interested in it making sense within the constraints presented.

And these are amchines, granted hybrid biological ones but stll machines, removing junk DNA is just somehting they would consider "efficient", especialy in light of their independence from natural selection.

Comment

This from the person who said dont make a race older than 10,000 years?
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        11000! green me

Comment

Okay. Forget UBER.

How do you beat the Swarm? (without junk DNA or any other weakness...and without destroying the timeline)
          sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

but not all deactivated DNA is junk. including the 5 killer genes, and a ton of other DNA thats nessecary, but deactivated cause that one cell doesnt need it. the CCC will make a unified code for all, and some wont and some will need every sequence

Comment

This from the person who said dont make a race older than 10,000 years?
              I didn't come up with these guys.

Okay. Forget UBER.

How do you beat the Swarm? (without junk DNA or any other weakness...and without destroying the timeline)
              Shhhhhh. Let me think......*meditates*

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                We dont know they couldnt built it, and its not actually that sophisticated, in fact by my understanding its just transfering energy from one dimension to another, something that is reletively simple. We have been able to extract energy from other universes as TRNT showsed and our own arcturis research, the asgard are capable of similar feats as well im sure. And to say that the road not taken cant count is wrong because they did it without even knowledge from atlantis, to them it was an entirely origional concept. In addition we have no reason to deny to that the asgard would be capable of creating a sangraal, the fact that they didnt is a plot hole. It was not a complex weapon by any standard, it was simply drawing energy from one place and sending it to another, they are capable of doing that with beaming technology with ease so theres no reason to dispute thier ability to do that between subspace and the ascended realm...now as to the Phantoms being able to do that, it is easy by thier standards, and we know the ancients should be able to create such a device, they have interdimensional viewports and cloaking technology so it shouldnt be too hard IMO by any standards. Even we have the ability to cross dimensions via the DV technology, energy is much easier than matter to cross dimensions.
                Its clearly not as easy as that. The Ori couldn't even make it without help. No way could the Asgard. To say its not sophisticated tbh is quite a stupid thing to say.

As for the Swarm, maybe they don't have time to eliminate the the base. Its advanced enough to temporarily fool them and then its too late.
                Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Alright, here's something:

Ironicaly, the answer was right in front of us. Talikng the fom of AOT, and The Sound Of Drums. Adria was incredibly powerful becuase she was recieving the whole power of her followers, and teh Doctor sort of regenerated becasue evey person on erath believed in him. No we could Ascend one of our people, probably Daniel, then have everyone in teh four galaies send out good vibes to him, that should make him powerful enough to overide the other Ascended beings and wipe the swarm out, at least in our area.

A more long tem solution wold be to harness the powr of the ascended plane into a weapon. Some sort of bridge device that could shape the ascended plane into whatever we want, if it's big enough, we can make a reality bomb like device that would meke a wave in the ascended plane that would sweep outward at FTL speeds and erase the swarm it passes over.

Comment

Umm, I thought we were avoiding Tau'ri superness.
                    sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                      Umm, I thought we were avoiding Tau'ri superness.
                      Your right, best let the Navos do it. Have daniel show up and guide them to the sangrahal to give them a head start.

But what about the first part?

Comment

I am working on a way to defend our ships against the swarm. Already checked it with buba and it's fine. You'll have to wait and see , but it has been used many times in SG1.

Comment

plot holes?

Oh buba havent been online to check but hope your Alevels went ok, i think your out 2night if facebook is correct but well done
                          sigpic
                          11000! green me

Comment

Its clearly not as easy as that. The Ori couldn't even make it without help. No way could the Asgard. To say its not sophisticated tbh is quite a stupid thing to say.
                            Well depends on how you define sophisticated, asgard technology has been shown to be superior to Ori on several occasions now and the ori didnt have all the knowledge of the universe, otherwise thier ships would be absolutely invinsible which they are clearly not. Also because they were unaware of the MW they did not know of the galaxy to use as a base for a corporeal assault on the MW and because they so feared the weapon, ie adrias quest for it, they must have been aware of some kind of weapon's existence. Because the ancients were non interfering they were not threatened by the ancients because they knew they wouldnt interfere and build one...without it wiping out themselves in the process/
                            sigpic
                            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet View Post
                              I am working on a way to defend our ships against the swarm. Already checked it with buba and it's fine. You'll have to wait and see , but it has been used many times in SG1.
                              Define many.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                                Well depends on how you define sophisticated, asgard technology has been shown to be superior to Ori on several occasions now and the ori didnt have all the knowledge of the universe, otherwise thier ships would be absolutely invinsible which they are clearly not. Also because they were unaware of the MW they did not know of the galaxy to use as a base for a corporeal assault on the MW and because they so feared the weapon, ie adrias quest for it, they must have been aware of some kind of weapon's existence. Because the ancients were non interfering they were not threatened by the ancients because they knew they wouldnt interfere and build one...without it wiping out themselves in the process/
                                Has it really though? The Asgard beams are effective and the shields are powerful enough to defend against Ori weapons. But that is also true of the Ori. I wouldn't say the Asgard are superior to the Ori.
                                Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Working...
                                X