Gateworld Virtual Fleet 3.0!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cephalus View Post
    Hey guys Im ready to come back RL has allowed me to lol, wanting to know if you would accept me back.

Cephalus
    You don't need to ask. People frequently disappear and come back lol. Anyone is allowed to join in.
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

What I am going to do is post the prelude and prologue before 10,000, so the battle itself starts on 10,000. So look for the beginning to start around post 9,994

Comment

The Jove -

History
        History
        Not many people know how they were created. The truth of the matter is that they were made and took in by a race called the Tharr as slaves. The Tharr lived in perfect harmony and weren't ready for the Jove to disappear. A few Jove found a Stargate in an underground mine with technology they couldn't identify. Working in complete secrecy they figured out how to operate the Stargate and successfully dialed one address. Which in turn they took the technology they found and escaped. The Tharr didn’t take to kind to this and trained an army, as did the Jove.

The Jove met with several advanced race including the Asgard and Aschen. The Asgard refused to help them because there level of technology was advanced enough but the Aschen agreed to trade several technological advancements with them for use of there world for "harvesting". They received several technologies that allowed them to use space travel. The Jove only existed in a population of thousands. They built exploration vessels with sensors and technology from the Aschen. The vessel set to space and discovered a race called the Goa'uld which uses technology which was of great interest to the Jove. The Jove made a deal with a leader called “Ra” and docked with there vessel. Four representatives entered the Goa’uld vessel and never left with eyes the same again. The Jovian exploration vessel barely made it away.

Jove who worked with the Aschen became sick and died a slow and painful death. Later it was discovered that the Aschen had poisoned them. Fearing that the Aschen was going to wipe them out the killed the Aschen on the planet and berried the “Stargate”.

Their old “masters” also found allies and space technology. Both races were advancing in technology and it was only a matter of time until one strike against the other. Sent a ship unto orbit of the Jovian planet and launched a Stargate to the surface. Then from the Tharr homeworld launched nuclear weapons through the gate and destroyed a city of Jove. The Jove sent two of their most powerful ships to Tharra which destroyed their nuclear launching facilities and ship development platforms.

Years passed until the Jove met with a group of humans who used Goa’uld technology called Tau’ri. Their old interested in Goa’uld technology regained control and the Tau’ri discovered a friend. They prospered for years until the Tharr launched an attack on a small Human vessel. The Jove promised the Tau’ri that the Tharr would be destroyed and war was declared.

The Tau’ri helped them when they could but they were pretty much on their own. Then the war with a race called replicators came to the Tau’ri. The Jove helped defeat what they could but mainly focused on the Tharr.

The year is now 2060 in human time. The Tau’ri defeated the Goa’uld, Replicators, Ori, and Aschen. However the Jove-Tharr war rages on.

----------------------------------

Technology List
        Power Source:

Naquadah

Mark IV (Tau’ri Designed)
        The mark four is the standard reactor on all Tau’ri ships from 2060 onwards. It is the most stable, cost effective reactor the Tau’ri has built. It has a standard output 800% greater than the original mark I, just above the mark III. Standalone reactor is small enough in comparison to most fleet ships to be used as the primary reactor while not taking up large areas of the ship. On larger ships, multiple mark IV's are used for additional power. The designs which were later reproduced to power cities on Jovian planets were given to them.

Mark I (Jove Designed)
        The mark one was interiorly designed, built, and produced by the Jove. The Tau’ri mark four was inspiration for this and later Jove models. The mark one was built to power starships and orbital sensor platforms.

Mark II (Jove Designed)
        The mark two reactor was built to power larger warships built by the Jove. The mark two was produced to power larger starships and space stations use by the Jove. The mark two gives a 65% greater power increase then the three mark ones put together.

Mark IIa (Jove Designed)
        The mark two was later redesigned to power weapons system. One mark two a reactor powers one weapons system aboard a ship allowing the weapons to use more power without taking away from power the ship uses. This also allows the weapon systems to be operation when main power is offline.

Plasma

Mark I PG
        The mark one plasma reactor was designed to power small fighter crafts. The plasma reactor allows the same power as a mark one Naquadah reactor in a small package. However the Plasma must be replaced every 5 hours.

Propulsion:
        Name: Plasma Drives
        Description: The most widely used engine on capital ships in the Jove fleet.
        Modules: Large

Name: Chemical Engines
        Description: Second most used type of engine used. Several of these are used as backups on capital ships in the Jove fleet. They are also used on smaller ships such as fighters.

Shielding:

Bubble Shield
        Bubble Shields form a bubble around the ship or station disallowing objects to pass through until shields fail.

Form Fitting Shield
        The newest type of shield used by the Jove, a shield forms over the hull in the same shape disallowing objects to pass through. This shield is still experimental and not widely used.

Weapons:

Energy Weapons

Name: Type A Plasma Cannon
        Description: These cannons excel blots of plasma about the size 20th century earth 50 cal bullets.
        Modules: Available in quad barrel only.
        Rate of Fire: 600 bolts a minute (all barrels combined).
        DPS: Low used against fighters.

Name: Type B Plasma Cannon
        Description: These cannons excel bolts of Plasma the size of a 20th century earth Abrams tank shell.
        Modules: Available in single and double barrel.
        Rate of Fire: 20 bolts a minute.
        DPS: 60 Megatons

Name: Type A Energy Beam
        Description: A fixed beam of energy and plasma sent into the enemy ship.
        Modules: Single barrel fixment only.
        DPS: 5 Second Pulse = 1.5 Gigatons 45 Second Pulse = 30 Gigatons

Production:

Orbital Shipyard
        The orbital shipyard is used to build large and small capital ships and fighters. The shipyard can old 2 ships either being worked on or built at a time. The shipyards also hold 26 Type A Plasma Cannons. The shipyard has computers that the designers use to build the ship then the station uses ring transporters to send robotic drones to contruct the ship or reapir it. The station is powered by 3 Tau'ri Mark 4 reactors.
        Here is the Jove History and Tech List. Both are gona be edited to fit new ideas I had, nothing major though. So we'll call this one version 1.
        sigpic

Comment

Not bad not bad at all. 500 pages, 19 till 10,000, 13 till it begins.

Comment

im writing something right now that i will be posting for MY 10k. which wont be far away lol...It could be put in as 20k, its a profile of the tauri race with a full history. Its looking pretty good.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

Sounds good, can't wait for that.

Comment

wouldn't it be like version 5.0 since its been edited so many times? lol
                Visit my Website

Comment

Probably lol. 9 to go.

Comment

Eight.....

The exmpanation for neutronium won't work, becasue the mass required for fusion would mean our engines would have to push a ship with a mass comparable to a star. You can obviusly see the problem.

Comment

I'm confused its like 14 until post 10,000 of this fleet isn't it?

Anyway...I need someone famous to sacrifice themselves in the battle i'm writing? Its set in 1.0...so any idea's?
                      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

6 till I start posting the battle though

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet View Post
                          6 till I start posting the battle though
                          Ahhh I see .

Comment

Have we ever discussed if the fleet will ever use mechs for ground troops?
                            Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                              I'm confused its like 14 until post 10,000 of this fleet isn't it?

Anyway...I need someone famous to sacrifice themselves in the battle i'm writing? Its set in 1.0...so any idea's?
                              Mckay? Sam Carter...we never did explain her death or Oniels. Both were presumed dead in the battle for Earth...So you can kill either if you like during 1.0...
                              sigpic
                              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                              Stargate : Genesis |
                              Original Starship DesignThread
                              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                              11000! green me

Comment

Well in this battle coming up i use marines.

Comment

Working...
                                X