The Real GateWorld Virtual Fleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet View Post
    And you say to me about not reading the fleet: If you had you would notice how in 2.0, I wrote someof the battles, gave ideas (most of which you disagreed too). 3.0, plenty of ship designs, my own race, 1 battle and 2 dialogues already and part of the tech list. What have you done zake? besides have a go at everyone.
    I didn't say you didn't read 'teps fleet, I said you didn't read this one. I don't see the point in posting what you've done, but okay. A few ships that were pretty much the same and had, except for Volante, one paragraph backstories equipped with all sorts of weird things found nowhere else in the fleet, and models that you spent like 3 minutes on. It's not like I couldn't post a bunch of mediocre one paragraph backstory designs that wouldn't win any votes or make hundreds of models of the same quality as yours, I just choose to post things that actually have a chance of being voted in. That's why I have more ships than anyone else in both 2.0 and 3.0. Then there's this battle I never saw, that probably included a bunch of weird things no one agreed to like uber fusion missiles and particle cannons that sucked matter out of stars, and part of a tech list that you'd be better off claiming you had no part making as to spare yourself embarrassment.

Diplomatic: yes! what I said could of been a lot worse. I didn't lie or insult in my first post. I said things as to how I saw them.
    Your idea of being diplomatic is trying to "rip the crap" out of my thread? And what else do you call knowingly posting false misleading information?

Oh sorry, I meant Romanticise (missed out 2 letter woopee doo).
    Oh no you never went in 2.0 in the first place. Apart from when you went in and slated everyone's ideas and ships. Then you made this place, which was made out of bitterness. But then it failed and you returned to 2.0 for more arguements.
    Never said I didn't go in 2.0. Learn to read dude, I said "he." As in AJT. This place wasn't made out of bitterness, we had the idea to make our own since 1.0. If you wanna look back in ODST you can verify that. Events in 2.0 just made us sick of having a fleet full of mistakes and insanely powerful ships, and we wanted a fleet based around our ideas and a better sense of realism. At the time we had just come up with a big storyline that a bunch of people in 2.0 liked, that was turned down by tep even though the majority of people liked it, and we didn't want it all to go completely to waste.

Oh, and one more thing. I was posting in 2.0 minutes after we started the real gateworld fleet, so I never "returned" to 2.0 seeing that I never left.
    Last edited by ZakeD; 17 January 2008, 08:10 AM.

Comment

insanely powerful ships
      Yours was the most powerful ship in the fleet. And it was a hangover of the Gaia wars that made you think that not by actually backing it up with a credible dreadnaut, you played our game and won it, what does that say about the credibility of that comment.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Thats the point I was making, you say I haven't read this fleet, but you obviously haven't read the other fleet because you said that I haven't made any contribution to the fleet. Open your eyes and you may see. 3 minute models: yeah ok whatever, I'm not brilliant at modelling I accept that, it may come easier for you zake, but that doesn't mean it comes easy for everyone.
        Your arrogance proceeds yourself zake and it proves it in that paragraph you made.
        My uber fusion missiles: at least they mathematically work.
        The solar particle cannons: again they work greater magnetic field than the star will pull the solar material into the cannon. See it works.
        I don't expect you to understand Zake as you think you are always right, how your the best at everything. You said tep had a "godlike" streak. Are you sure you weren't looking in the mirror?
        When you've learnt physics and astrophysics upto the point I have, then comeback and try to say what I've said doesn't make sense. Until that time, don't stick your nose into something you don't understand. The fusion missile has be agreed upon. I am proud of my accomplishments in the fleet regardless of the outcome.
        Regardless, of how it was originally planned: you know that this fleet was made out of bitterness (you even admitted it in your last post) and if the majority of people liked the idea, then why did it collapse? and don't say that the leaders weren't here. The original leaders of the first fleet now are not really part of 2.0 and 3.0, yet these fleets have progressed and survived.

Comment

Can we let this thread stay dead?

Keep all comments in PM form so it doesnt clutter up.
          Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
            Yours was the most powerful ship in the fleet. And it was a hangover of the Gaia wars that made you think that not by actually backing it up with a credible dreadnaut, you played our game and won it, what does that say about the credibility of that comment.
            Well duh, it was the dreadnought. The dreadnought is supposed to be the most powerful ship, no? Was I supposed to make it weaker than our battleship? Or cruiser? Don't even try to claim that the original Gaia was in any way credible, or I'll just bring up the old posts concerning the extremely insane power of Gaia that demonstrated how idiotic you were concerning the power of ships. The only thing that ship ever had going for it was the model.

Comment

Thats the point I was making, you say I haven't read this fleet, but you obviously haven't read the other fleet because you said that I haven't made any contribution to the fleet. Open your eyes and you may see.
              OMFG. Are you unable to read, or do you just like lying? When did I ever say you didn't contribute to the fleet? For the third time, all I said was you don't contribute as much as 'tep or buba. Open yours eyes and try to read.

3 minute models: yeah ok whatever, I'm not brilliant at modelling I accept that, it may come easier for you zake, but that doesn't mean it comes easy for everyone.
              I'm not talking about the designs of your models, I'm talking about the effort put into them. Regardless of the design, they have no details at all. It doesn't take a genius to draw random boxes and extrude them, I do it just fine. And if you don't know how to do that, maybe you should have done the tutorial.

Your arrogance proceeds yourself zake and it proves it in that paragraph you made.
              Oh yeah, when I post what I've contributed to the fleet I'm arrogant. I'm also arrogant because I only post designs I think have a decent chance of winning.

My uber fusion missiles: at least they mathematically work.
              No, they don't.
              The solar particle cannons: again they work greater magnetic field than the star will pull the solar material into the cannon. See it works.
              Didn't say it wasn't possible, but you throw things into your work despite the fact that everyone else disagrees with them, and then expect it to be a canon part of the fleet.
              I don't expect you to understand Zake as you think you are always right, how your the best at everything. You said tep had a "godlike" streak. Are you sure you weren't looking in the mirror?
              Because you know what I think better than I do, amirite? I don't consider myself the best at anything in the fleet, except for being the only person brave enough to point out senseless mistakes. The only thing I ever thought I was the best in was modeling, and I stopped thinking that a long time ago.

When you've learnt physics and astrophysics upto the point I have, then comeback and try to say what I've said doesn't make sense. Until that time, don't stick your nose into something you don't understand. The fusion missile has be agreed upon.
              Lol, learnt. There's not much to understand about your missile, you just made some wrong assumptions that allowed it to be way more powerful than it really would be.

I am proud of my accomplishments in the fleet regardless of the outcome.
              Those who are prideful, and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

Regardless, of how it was originally planned: you know that this fleet was made out of bitterness (you even admitted it in your last post) and if the majority of people liked the idea, then why did it collapse? and don't say that the leaders weren't here.
              How did I admit it, I've been denying it was made out of bitterness the whole time. It collapsed because it wasn't used because it didn't fit into 'teps grand scheme of things. Despite all the bull **** he says about going along with the majority, if someone dislikes something that will interfere with what he wants in a significant way, he won't let it go through.

The original leaders of the first fleet now are not really part of 2.0 and 3.0, yet these fleets have progressed and survived.
              I wasn't aware that Immhotep and Buba weren't really part of 2.0 and 3.0

Seriously, just GTFO of this thread. You're making yourself look stupid, and imagine how much astrophysics you could have learnt by now if you hadn't wasted time arguing with me.

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post

nah. lets keep the trash in this thread....
                Its a nice way to spend my lunchbrake, reading all the ****in crap posted here.

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post

No. I like having it so everyone can see them lying and getting pwnt and whatnot.

Comment

By them you mean AJT and yourself obviously.
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    11000! green me

Comment

Oh yeah, when I post what I've contributed to the fleet I'm arrogant. I'm also arrogant because I only post designs I think have a decent chance of winning.
                      Thats unfair and a new low for you. Everyone's design has a decent chance of winning, and yes if you need to assert the contributions you make to this site for no purpose then you are insecure and arrogent. If i posted about the contributions i have made to this community and gateworld, then we could be here for weeks, but i dont, because i am secure in the knowledge that other people respect the contributions that i have made and i dont need to buff myself up by reposting things that people are already aware of just to be secure in my own work.
                      sigpic
                      11000! green me

Comment

Oh tell me oh wise one, why the maths doesn't work out with the missile. What assumptions did I make that were wrong? Come tell me, so I can be enlightened to the truth.
                        I don't expect it to be canon. I asked for the solar cannon to be included and it hasn't been (win some, you lose some). No and I say again, I am not a genius when it comes to modelling. I have a go and I am getting better at it.
                        You said (and I quote): It's a lot harder to run a fleet than to post one ship with a paragraph backstory once a month. So you were saying that my contribution was "one ship with a paragraph backstory once a month". So yes I can read and can read right through your little pathetic insults.
                        I will show you where you admitted that this fleet was made out of bitterness: "Events in 2.0 just made us sick of having a fleet full of mistakes and insanely powerful ships, and we wanted a fleet based around our ideas and a better sense of realism." Basically, "we" (ie you and AJT), couldn't get your own way and so went off in a huff and made your own fleet.
                        No wonder you disagree with so many peoples ideas, you can't even see your own mistakes.

Comment

By them you mean AJT and yourself obviously.
                          Well obviously. Why else would I use the word them?

Thats unfair and a new low for you. Everyone's design has a decent chance of winning, and yes if you need to assert the contributions you make to this site for no purpose then you are insecure and arrogent.
                          How is that a new low? I was referring to myself only posting the best designs I come up with, instead of posting a tons of ships, despite the fact that I could. I'm not the one that asserted contributions to the fleet for no reason, that was david. I just responded by saying I also have done plenty of ships. Scroll up like 3-4 posts and see who started saying their contributions for no reason, and once you have, call that person insecure and arrogant.

If i posted about the contributions i have made to this community and gateworld, then we could be here for weeks, but i dont, because i am secure in the knowledge that other people respect the contributions that i have made and i dont need to buff myself up by reposting things that people are already aware of just to be secure in my own work.
                          Then why even include the whole "then we could be here for weeks"? That's just cleverly veiled bragging about how much you've done.
                          Last edited by ZakeD; 17 January 2008, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Oh tell me oh wise one, why the maths doesn't work out with the missile. What assumptions did I make that were wrong? Come tell me, so I can be enlightened to the truth.
                            For starters, you assumed the mark 8 used fission.

You said (and I quote): It's a lot harder to run a fleet than to post one ship with a paragraph backstory once a month. So you were saying that my contribution was "one ship with a paragraph backstory once a month".
                            And that is, for the most part, what you do. I never said you made 0 contributions, the point was that even though you contribute while working on a degree, you don't contribute nearly as much as is required to run a fleet.

So yes I can read and can read right through your little pathetic insults.
                            I will show you where you admitted that this fleet was made out of bitterness: "Events in 2.0 just made us sick of having a fleet full of mistakes and insanely powerful ships, and we wanted a fleet based around our ideas and a better sense of realism." Basically, "we" (ie you and AJT), couldn't get your own way and so went off in a huff and made your own fleet.
                            No wonder you disagree with so many peoples ideas, you can't even see your own mistakes.
                            How is that admitting that we made this fleet in a hostile manner? We wanted our own ideas used because we thought they were worth being used, and we wanted to start a new fleet that wasn't full of errors. What's hostile about that?

Comment

I see i found the fight on here.....

I don't know what happened to set all this off... and TBH i don't wanna know or care... But can't it just stop?

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Oh come on zake who the hell are you kidding.
                                Yes I assumed the mark IX was fission, but that didn't change the maths behind calculating what the yield was for the fusion missiles. Plus you assumed out of nowhere that it was a thermonuclear device.
                                Maybe I don't do enough to run a fleet, but I do what I can (isn't that asking enough of someone).
                                You attacked my efforts zake in which I defended, thats not insecure or arrogant.
                                If you knew anything about me, then you will know that I am not arrogant.
                                I can get slightly arrogant when I'm being defensive.

Comment

Working...
                                X