Gateworld Virtual Fleet 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
    Zake i like you model best and my story so maybe we could team up.
    That would be cool. Your backstory is awesome.

Comment

I have more to go with the backstory, or anecdotes to it so i can flesh the backstory out some more too.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Obviously a vote for my particle cannon and space station.

Comment

Zake i like you model best and my story so maybe we could team up. I did ask for all designs for only this class to be submitted, and by the 15th.
          So far it looks as if i have got all the votes but i will leave it a little longer to see if anyone else wants to Vote.

I think the Cruiser will be the next class. I want people to havea bit of time to develop or model the larger class and i have already got my favourate cruiser so it seems prudent that we should start with a smaller class..
          I thinks thats a good idea too, it would be awesome to put both of your stations together...

what cruiser are you talking about i'd like to have a look at it?
          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

I have more to go with the backstory, or anecdotes to it so i can flesh the backstory out some more too.
            So did you want to combine our designs, my model and your story?

Comment

Yeah i think thatd be gd, also my favourate cruiser is the ASIS but i did design a cruiser/freighters this morning that might just rival the ASIS. I didnt want to submit for too many classes so i might make the sacrafice not to put mine in.
              I have posted mine over in the OSDT anyway so you can check it out, its called the hermes.
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              11000! green me

Comment

it's a cool ship, i've built my own cruiser it's in the OSDT somewhere but i don't want to put it in against the ASIS because quite frankely it would lose i mean i'd vote for the ASIS it should be in the fleet...but i think the ASIS is a bit too big and impressive to be just a cruiser i think it should have a grander role...
                Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Yeah i think thatd be gd, also my favourate cruiser is the ASIS but i did design a cruiser/freighters this morning that might just rival the ASIS. I didnt want to submit for too many classes so i might make the sacrafice not to put mine in.
                  I have posted mine over in the OSDT anyway so you can check it out, its called the hermes.
                  Okay, cool.

Comment

Yeah i agree, its just too impressive, the model is so cool too. Id hate to go up against it, i love that ship!
                    sigpic
                    11000! green me

Comment

Yeah i agree, its just too impressive, the model is so cool too. Id hate to go up against it, i love that ship!
                      it needs to be in the fleet which is why i don't want to have to go up against it,

WTFOWNEN what role would you like your ship to fill?

Comment

It'd be nice if there was a post including all the current ship technology Earth uses. Like..do we have our own shields now? Energy weapons? Hyperdrive? Sensors? Etc. How much ancient/asgard/goa'uld technology have we adapted? Stuff like that.

Comment

Basicly nearly all of the main things like hyperdrive and shields have been completely retroengineered, after nearly 40 years of being around that technology we are able to create totally origional shields which surpass the Goauld and are nearly as strong as asgard shields.
                          We have retro engineered at least 1 energy weapon, the goauld hatak ( at some point between now and 2040 we have gained a fleet of hataks and retroengineered alot of weapons technology from studying) also we have a good idea about how Ancient/Asgard/Tollan and even Ori weapons work, but they are still beyond retro engineering.
                          Our hyperdrives are at the same level as shields, they are better than goauld but not as good as asgard.
                          Other technology is in the works, we know how its works and are getting to stage where we can put it on our ships ourselves. Stuff like cloaks, sensors , beaming technology, holographics.

Basicly we are more advanced than the goauld at this point, we havent yet got to thep oint of the Asgard or ancients but we know how thier technology works and can opperate most of it. We cant build it though. After 40+ years of using it almost non stop we are pretty able to manipulate it to do anything we want. the fact that atlantis and the Asgard have been givng us access to all the technology and info we need for all that time means that we have advanced far quicker than anyone could have imagined. Weve taken the reletivly primitive technology of the goauld, which we were comfortable with and added our expertise with ancient and Asgard technology to create a new base of technology that is Post Goauld -human. On the level of the tollan or even the wraith.
                          sigpic
                          11000! green me

Comment

I think the energy weapon on my ships will be a ship version of the particle cannon defence platform.
                            Of course we would have more knowledge about the universe and tech around us. 2 pegasus wars have taught as a lot. But I agree, ancient/ori tech is still not within our retroengineered hands.

Comment

Spoiler:

I made a defense satellite by modifying my station. Its not detailed, but I don't think it's too bad.

Comment

I think I'm done. Might add some missile launchers, but thats about it. Finished the windows and added eight 16 inch nuke-launching railguns. Replaced 4 of the docking things with maneuvering thrusters. Didnt think it needed 8 docking things because of the asgard tranporters and rings used on most ships.

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X