No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a way ia gree with buba. I think the battle differs from what i origionally planned, which was for you to attack another Adnihlo fleet, not the same one. However we can still use this battle. How about this, because the adnihlo have suffered setbacks on thier way to Earth they call for a full Adnihlo war fleet, calling on all three remaining clans to send ships to destroy Earth. This means that we can still have the uber battle, and we will have longer to deploy and set up our defences because the Adnihlo have suffered setbacks.
    On thing i do like is that it expands our defences once again. We havent fully briefed Earth defence strategy before but i am in support of us having significant defences, not only in orbit and on earth but also outer earth defence bases which are designed to do exactly this, to stop a massive fleet getting to earth in the first place. The wraith nearly won because they were able to bring a collosal fleet to Earth a fleet bigger than anything the MW has ever seen, if they had been cut down on the way to Earth we might have had a better chance, we won but it cost us. so i think its logical that After the wraith we were not going to let a fleet that size get to Earth again without first having them deal with out outer defences. And most hyperdrives do have to stop and recharge/cool down and we can plot that so position our bases to be in the right spots to deal with fleets enroute to earth.

Now the weapon i kind of like, kind of dont like, i need it explained. Essentially the weapon extracts energy/hot plasma from the sun, using beam technology and then fires it through a massive energy cannon. so its like using pre-made plasma shots. Because each of the shots is in theory the power of a coronal mass emition like in echoes. it is a significantly powerful weapon, what i dont get is how we could ever take out enoguh energy or plasma to make the sun explode. Even if we built thousands of turrents and beamed millions of tons of matter out of the sun, it would equate to a tiny fraction of the suns mass. I do like the weapon though, its interesting but needs to be developed a bit further. But i like that battle.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

That bit I kind of took from the sg1 episode where they connected a stargate that dialed the black hole planet up to a star so it destroyed apophis's fleet.

That bit could be taken out, as it was there for a bit of drama and so it couldn't be used in any habitable system.
      Sorry I didn't mean to change your plan for the final battle. But I do agree with a way to resolve it, they realised we would do whatever it takes to survive and so their full war machine will be used.
      The weapon is kind of a Coronal mass ejection through a tube, I think the best way to direct the CME is through a magnetic field directed toward the converters. It needs a bit of finetuning.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet View Post
        Well the adnihlo can still have reinforcements coming in and the weapon was ditch just to raise tauri spirits. The weapon is similar to the icarus space probe seen in die another day. I think it was more this battle was the last attempt of stopping the adnihlo before they reached Earth. So of course you would try and destroy them before Earth. Maybe the weapon isn't brilliant, but it would be difficult to use it again, especially in the solar system.
        I get the last ditch attempt to stop them I just don't really like the premis thats all.

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
        In a way ia gree with buba. I think the battle differs from what i origionally planned, which was for you to attack another Adnihlo fleet, not the same one. However we can still use this battle. How about this, because the adnihlo have suffered setbacks on thier way to Earth they call for a full Adnihlo war fleet, calling on all three remaining clans to send ships to destroy Earth. This means that we can still have the uber battle, and we will have longer to deploy and set up our defences because the Adnihlo have suffered setbacks.
        On thing i do like is that it expands our defences once again. We havent fully briefed Earth defence strategy before but i am in support of us having significant defences, not only in orbit and on earth but also outer earth defence bases which are designed to do exactly this, to stop a massive fleet getting to earth in the first place. The wraith nearly won because they were able to bring a collosal fleet to Earth a fleet bigger than anything the MW has ever seen, if they had been cut down on the way to Earth we might have had a better chance, we won but it cost us. so i think its logical that After the wraith we were not going to let a fleet that size get to Earth again without first having them deal with out outer defences. And most hyperdrives do have to stop and recharge/cool down and we can plot that so position our bases to be in the right spots to deal with fleets enroute to earth.
        I don't think most hyperdrives have to cool down, the only reason they would do is if the hyperdrive is too small for the ship. Wraith stop because of hyperspace radiations damaging the organic ships.

We were lucky with the Wraith, they decided not to exterminate us straight away and in fighted when drak was killed. The Adnihilo won't make the same mistake. I think outer defenses are good but unless we can pull ships out of hyperspace it doesn't really work.

But yeah I think slightly changing it would help.

Now the weapon i kind of like, kind of dont like, i need it explained. Essentially the weapon extracts energy/hot plasma from the sun, using beam technology and then fires it through a massive energy cannon. so its like using pre-made plasma shots. Because each of the shots is in theory the power of a coronal mass emition like in echoes. it is a significantly powerful weapon, what i dont get is how we could ever take out enoguh energy or plasma to make the sun explode. Even if we built thousands of turrents and beamed millions of tons of matter out of the sun, it would equate to a tiny fraction of the suns mass. I do like the weapon though, its interesting but needs to be developed a bit further. But i like that battle.
        Well being that close to a sun and absorbing plasma from it like that would probably damage shields. It just doesn't work imo. I mean how much solar material is it going to fire? The sun wouldn't go nova either unless a massive amount of material was taken from it...a MASSIVE amount.
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Yes it does. Another project if people want to help me.
          As part of our pre 3.0 preparations and just as a useful guide to our tauri im hoping to do a full guide to exactly what our position is in the galaxy. I mean the full works, how many planets we actually control/own. Which ones are most important. What exactly we use them for. What our outposts, military bases, strongholds, fortresses, galactics defences. How does the fleet fit in to to the wider system of Tauri military.I am going to need help because you all know this is a place i can fall down at. It will need finetuning.

Bo, ive been on aim and cant find out, did you ever make that galactic map or does anyone else have one/want to make one. Also a list of any planets mentioned so far in the fleets, anything relevent, cna you either post it or PM me. Surgestions/ideas. Yeah...it would help.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post

Well being that close to a sun and absorbing plasma from it like that would probably damage shields. It just doesn't work imo. I mean how much solar material is it going to fire? The sun wouldn't go nova either unless a massive amount of material was taken from it...a MASSIVE amount.
            The amount of solar material needed to do this much damage would be around 10^10 kilograms of material, compared to a CME size of 10^12 kg.
            That star does exist and is about 7 times bigger than our sun and a temperature of 21,500 Kelvin.
            They weren't cooling the engines down, they were following the Avalon fleet.
            The temperature of the solar wind is 100,000 Kelvin so assuming the same for a CME. I think the shields could hold that.

Comment

The amount of solar material needed to do this much damage would be around 10^10 kilograms of material, compared to a CME size of 10^12 kg.
              That star does exist and is about 7 times bigger than our sun and a temperature of 21,500 Kelvin.
              They weren't cooling the engines down, they were following the Avalon fleet.
              The temperature of the solar wind is 100,000 Kelvin so assuming the same for a CME. I think the shields could hold that.
              We know from numerous episodes being that close to a sun damages the shields. Well what are you basing your numbers on? How do you know it would take that much material to cause that damage.
              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Acualy in Sg1 the radiation from the sun can bleed through the shields if not fully powered, mostly ships go near the sun to block their sensor readings and the radiation will evnetually kill the inhabitants of the ship from building up against the hull and shields of the ship but it never says going near a sun will harm the shields, its the people inside we have to worry about. Also our shields have hebridan solar shielding addons. The same shield modifications which allow the hebridans to go closer to the sun in the loops of con garat are used on our ships to boost protection from plasma based weapons.
                sigpic
                11000! green me

Comment

Yes the CME will damage the cannons, a typical CME has a temperature of 10 million degrees. Obviously this is much smaller in mass than a CME. Which is why the weapon only lasted for 5 firings.
                  The matter needed for this was calculated like this:
                  A fusion1 missile has a power of 126 Tt this constitutes as 5.2x10^23 joules.
                  The shield damage to the Adnihlo ship was about 10%, the shields in theory could take upto 5.2x10^24 joules of damage. To destroy the ship and included an efficiency of 10% then the total energy needed is 5.2x10^26 joules. Now using the matter/energy equation given too us by a early 20th century german. The mass needed for this amount of energy is 5.6x10^9 kg.
                  The actual star temperature wont affect the shields and the cannons are unmanned.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                    Acualy in Sg1 the radiation from the sun can bleed through the shields if not fully powered, mostly ships go near the sun to block their sensor readings and the radiation will evnetually kill the inhabitants of the ship from building up against the hull and shields of the ship but it never says going near a sun will harm the shields, its the people inside we have to worry about. Also our shields have hebridan solar shielding addons. The same shield modifications which allow the hebridans to go closer to the sun in the loops of con garat are used on our ships to boost protection from plasma based weapons.
                    Exodus the shields on the Ha'tak were being drained by the radiations etc...from the blue giant they could hold for 10 hours. So it's not just the people who have to worry. Also presumably the weapons would have to be significantly closer to the sun than that to draw the solar material.

Yes the CME will damage the cannons, a typical CME has a temperature of 10 million degrees. Obviously this is much smaller in mass than a CME. Which is why the weapon only lasted for 5 firings.
                    The matter needed for this was calculated like this:
                    A fusion1 missile has a power of 126 Tt this constitutes as 5.2x10^23 joules.
                    The shield damage to the Adnihlo ship was about 10%, the shields in theory could take upto 5.2x10^24 joules of damage. To destroy the ship and included an efficiency of 10% then the total energy needed is 5.2x10^26 joules. Now using the matter/energy equation given too us by a early 20th century german. The mass needed for this amount of energy is 5.6x10^9 kg.
                    The actual star temperature wont affect the shields and the cannons are unmanned.
                    Could you put that in gigatons lol.

Comment

126 Petatons and the mass needed is 5.2 billion kilograms
                      Well Algenib is a blue star thats about 7 solar masses, so not as big as that. But the weapons would of only last a few minutes before they burnt out.

Comment

126 Petatons and the mass needed is 5.2 billion kilograms
                        Well Algenib is a blue star thats about 7 solar masses, so not as big as that. But the weapons would of only last a few minutes before they burnt out.
                        126 Petatons!!! Thats an insane amount of power.

Comment

As i said its needed as the efficiency of the weapon isn't brilliant. So the adnihlo shields are can take about 1 petaton of energy. Alot of the mass is wasted in the conversion.
                          The energy required could be cut done a bit as ive just thought the hull wouldn't be able to survive much over the shields so maybe 1.5 petatons are needed, maybe it could be changed to only 13 petatons. So the efficiency is only 12%.
                          Last edited by Davidtourniquet; 12 September 2007, 11:29 AM.

Comment

As i said its needed as the efficiency of the weapon isn't brilliant. So the adnihlo shields are can take about 1 petaton of energy. Alot of the mass is wasted in the conversion.
                            The energy required could be cut done a bit as ive just thought the hull wouldn't be able to survive much over the shields so maybe 1.5 petatons are needed, maybe it could be changed to only 13 petatons. So the efficiency is only 12%.
                            Uhm..you have the Adnihilo shields waaay too powerful. Sorry, but your weapons are just..dumb.

Comment

Thats still way too powerful Dave. I mean thor ha a 5 petawatt laser but even our most powerful nuke is only 126 TT which is the fusion missile you have, those weapon could wipe out an adnihlo mothership outright, there wouldnt be an issue of shields..
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

A petaton is toooo much. I'd say Adnihilo shields are around the 5-10 terraton mark.

Comment

Working...
                                X