Gateworld Virtual Fleet 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
    I say minimum the ori beam can take out a wraith hive ship in 3-4 shots.

1 is possible if they hit a generator or a air pocket.

An explosion from a tauri nuke does more damage to a hive ship because its an explosion causing more damage. A beam is more like a stab from a sword, where it pokes a hole in you. If they hit the right spot it will be destroyed in one hit. If not, it make take 3-4 hits to fully kill a hive ship.
    Maybe 1 hit if it flew over the top and blew up a generator causing secondary explosions but no way in head on hit to the front or side.
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

hey guys its been a while scince ive been on and im working on a new ship! well its more like an update to an old one its the Valor! its more like my first desgin of the valor. ill be calling it the Valor mkIII because i did a mkII that wasnt realy a good one but this is going to be my finest work yet and if you guys are ready i still have the titan model sitting around! some where?

Comment

I don't think that an ori main beam could take out a hive in one shot maybe 2-3 but not one
        Vote Anubis for President in 2012
        A Face you Can Trust
        sigpic
        So whats the worst that could happen?
        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Hey this a request for opinions from everyone. I need to know, what did people expect from the Adnihlo war, from the grace aliens and are we doing the war right in your view so far?
          This is an important issue because i am 80% unhappy with how im writing it and hows its going. And with only a battle and a half left at this point from me, its very late in the game to be getting cold feet. Theres so many thing to consider and i just need peoples opinions, im nearing the point where i want to reset the adnihlo war and redo it, but i cant do it alone and if i did then 3.0 would either be delayed or start without 2.0 ending.
          Theres another option. We reset 3.0's date to the end of the Aschen wars, then put 3.0 with the Adnihlo war as its beginning focus. So we are made 5th race after the Aschen wars then the Adnihlo go to war with us and we have to fight them as the fifth race, not as a prelude to becoming the fifth race. i just dont like that one of the most unexplained things in SG1 has been dealt with in a way that isnt really fufilling its potential. The grace aliens could be an enemy that is Ori Level, a way that last decades and calls upon the resources of all the galaxies we inhabit as the fifth race. It could be far more epic than it is at the moment.

Need help and im not asking you to make a decision but i do need to know how people feel about this, and dont worry, i already feel negative on my own so feel free to bash how things have been handled because thats useful in this context

Help, Tep
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
            Hey this a request for opinions from everyone. I need to know, what did people expect from the Adnihlo war, from the grace aliens and are we doing the war right in your view so far?
            This is an important issue because i am 80% unhappy with how im writing it and hows its going. And with only a battle and a half left at this point from me, its very late in the game to be getting cold feet. Theres so many thing to consider and i just need peoples opinions, im nearing the point where i want to reset the adnihlo war and redo it, but i cant do it alone and if i did then 3.0 would either be delayed or start without 2.0 ending.
            Theres another option. We reset 3.0's date to the end of the Aschen wars, then put 3.0 with the Adnihlo war as its beginning focus. So we are made 5th race after the Aschen wars then the Adnihlo go to war with us and we have to fight them as the fifth race, not as a prelude to becoming the fifth race. i just dont like that one of the most unexplained things in SG1 has been dealt with in a way that isnt really fufilling its potential. The grace aliens could be an enemy that is Ori Level, a way that last decades and calls upon the resources of all the galaxies we inhabit as the fifth race. It could be far more epic than it is at the moment.

Need help and im not asking you to make a decision but i do need to know how people feel about this, and dont worry, i already feel negative on my own so feel free to bash how things have been handled because thats useful in this context

Help, Tep
            Well, you know my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD View Post
              Well, you know my opinion.
              But I don't,

I don't care I think you are doing a great job immhotep so wahts ever easier or better for you and the fleet
              A Face you Can Trust
              sigpic
              It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                But I don't
                Huh?

Comment

Huh?
                  What is your opinion I do not know it
                  A Face you Can Trust
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                    What is your opinion I do not know it
                    Oh..uh, I was suggesting he end this fleet with the final battle of the Aschen war and just have the Adnihilo war as the first part of the third fleet.

Comment

Oh..uh, I was suggesting he end this fleet with the final battle of the Aschen war and just have the Adnihilo war as the first part of the third fleet.
                      Ok that is what I was wondering
                      A Face you Can Trust
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post

Help, Tep
                        well I think you have been doing a great job this far, but mayby we should start 3.0 with Adnihlo war
                        sigpic

Comment

Ok so starting 3.0 with a war we have technically already fougjht (in our eyes) sounds like a good idea. Because we have all the info but will be able to upgrade our fleet to be able to fight a more effective war. There is also the posisblility of making the war much much better. And to feed it in with many other storylines, spread it out over more area. Make the Adnihlo the threat they had built up as. At the moment, while im quite close to finishing the adnihlo war, im tempted just to finish it. I really do want to start 3.0, its exciting me much more than writing the Adnihlo war at the moment, but i have wanted to write the grace aliens story for so long, thats hwy i feel like i have let it down.
                          Ok the options are continue the war, bring them back at a later date if not satisfied with outcome. Restart war in 2.0, setting back 3.0 to make room for a fully, better Adnihlo war. Start 3.0 with Adnihlo war in mind, with us becoming fifth race after the Aschen, not the adnihlo.

Please have a vote, 1, 2 or 3. And where the hell is buba?! Actually need him and hes dropped off the planet..
                          sigpic
                          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                          11000! green me

Comment

Buba is here! lol. Ok these are my thoughts on the matter. What's been done already is good nothing wrong with it but IMO the Adnihilo war has flown by really quickly and i think some of the 'epicness' (if that's a word lol) has been lost.

We spent ages building up this image of a powerful unstoppable foe and I think we should drag the war out much more. Maybe show battles which show them kicking seven bells out of us for no other purpose then show how tough they are.

I think the Adnihilo war as it stands now belongs in 2.0. 3.0 should be the step after and bringing the Adnihilo into 3.0 would kind of ruin the idea of 3.0 being us as the 5th race struggling to survive amindst the chaos while doing out duty.

Normally I'd say leave the war as it is why change something that's not broken eh? But I can see Immhotep won't be satisfied as it is so I think 3.0 could be delayed maybe edit certain parts of the battles already written to fit in with a larger scale war give it a more epic feel.

Ok hows this we reset the Adnihilo war go back to beginning we spend more time setting them up as an 'uber' threat have maybe 4-5 battles of them kicking us about a bit then we get move into the plot line already laid out by Immhotep and maybe enlarge that a bit as well. Then possibly bring them back later on...
                            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

I just figured out what is wrong with this war. We havent fought it. Can people help me by writing Adnihlo attacks on our forces. I will do one, i might have them attack Tortuga or Tiamet. Thats whats missing, the Tauri havent fought the adnihl yet and i havent planned so far, any battles besides the last one, where our ships would be fighting solo against the adnihlo...
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

well are we going to reset the anhildo war or start 3.0 with them?
                                lol I am confused
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X