No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh the reason there are no fighters in because there are no carriers present. its a strategic thing as well. Drones are hard to use when there are fighters present in space. Because our drone chair opperators cant gaunentee they wont destory our own fighters they cant use drones as effectively, sometimes having drones as a defence can be hindered by having fighters as an offence. Also this was a Lantian base and a research centre, so there isnt a real need for fighters because again this falls down to drones, the massive drone silo can deal with any range of target large or small, essentially when drones are present fighters can become redundent, theres no point putting pilots lives at risk when you can use drones to accomplish the task better.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
      Oh the reason there are no fighters in because there are no carriers present. its a strategic thing as well. Drones are hard to use when there are fighters present in space. Because our drone chair opperators cant gaunentee they wont destory our own fighters they cant use drones as effectively, sometimes having drones as a defence can be hindered by having fighters as an offence. Also this was a Lantian base and a research centre, so there isnt a real need for fighters because again this falls down to drones, the massive drone silo can deal with any range of target large or small, essentially when drones are present fighters can become redundent, theres no point putting pilots lives at risk when you can use drones to accomplish the task better.
      Drones can be told to avoid friendly ships, so you wouldn't have to worry about that problem ("Lost City").

Anyway, there WERE carriers present; you have 8 Daedalus-class ships, and they each carry 16 F-302s . Just thought I'd point that out.

Otherwise, as I said, excellent.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

im working on a revamped Valor mK III 2.0 so that sould be done tonight! so im not sure that it will be ready for the anhillo seige but it will be done soon

Comment

well its finally done the Valor mK III with your input i redesigned it and here it is

Heres the iso
          Spoiler:

the bow
          Spoiler:

the mid section
          Spoiler:

and a cool pic
          Spoiler:

Comment

For one, take off that texture.

Then, you can maybe add 10 - 20 more weapons platforms.

Also, you may want to add quad hanger bays.

This ship looks massive, and whats the point of having a huge ship if it cant carry a vast amount of fighters.
            Visit my Website

Comment

ok if any of you have the ion cannon models ill use them but the have to be in skechup

Comment

I have a version that looks like an earths version of the tollan ion cannons (see sig) but I never got into modeling in sketchup.

Do you know how to import models into sketchup?
                Visit my Website

Comment

immhotep I like the battle

Just one question will the Spartans help defend earth?
                  Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                  A Face you Can Trust
                  sigpic
                  So whats the worst that could happen?
                  Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                  It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Speaking of the spartans, I'm making you a little present fugi.
                    Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                      I have a version that looks like an earths version of the tollan ion cannons (see sig) but I never got into modeling in sketchup.

Do you know how to import models into sketchup?
                      If you wanna to import 3DS models into sketchup you've gotta use .DWG (not sure) file, which is the autocad format. Only downside is that it might screw up the face headings and it redoes scale by some specific number.

Comment

They mgiht help defend Earth, not entirely sure what roel they are going to play in terms of space fleet battles, they will play a big part in ground combat but i need to know thier ship/fleet numbers to be able to put them in battles, though buba is going to write the earth battle now..
                        sigpic
                        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                        Stargate : Genesis |
                        Original Starship DesignThread
                        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                        11000! green me

Comment

I wrote a battle last night as a continuation of the adnihlo attack towards Earth:
                          Checked by Immhotep as well. Our final chance before they reach Earth:

Spoiler:

Battle against the adnihlo part II

Date: 14th January 2055, 12 hours after the Avalon battle
                          Location: 2100 light years from Earth, the algenib system.

This maybe our last hope Colonel, we are building up a fleet here. The Avalon fleet done all they could and are on their way here. The science boys have built something on a massive scale that can be used as a weapon. It is not ready yet Colonel, here will be the ships you will have in the fleet.

Avalon fleet
                          7x Constellation
                          5x Dante
                          3x Daedalus II

Algenib fleet
                          7x Contellations
                          15x Dantes
                          12x Dauntless
                          8x Challengers
                          14x Daedalus IIs
                          20x Thors
                          16x Phoenixes
                          20x Artemis
                          5x Poesidon
                          760x F-322 fighters
                          20x Hades anti-fighter attack ship

Adnihlo fleet
                          48x motherships
                          310x Cruisers
                          3000x fighters

As the Algenib fleet saw the arrival of the Avalon fleet, the Adnihlo followed right behind. Dante class ships activated the fusion1 missiles in preparation for the possibility of destruction. The “all ships engaged” command was given and both fleets engaged the Adnihlo with little affect, the Adnihlo outnumbered the tauri forces by 3:1, the fighters 4:1. However the fighters were having the best luck against the Adnihlo fighters. 40 fusion1 missiles were fired at the Adnihlo, damaging the shields of 10 motherships and 30 cruisers. Tauri beam weapons and nukes continue to fire.
                          The matter/energy converter is ready and is firing 580 million kilograms of solar material at the adnihlo though the matter/energy converter into the particle cannons at the end. 10 particle cannons surround the sun. Ships upon ships are falling to the adnihlo, but now the solar cannons are destroying them. After around 50 hits, the weapons stop working. 15 motherships, and 35 cruisers were destroyed by the solar cannon. The star is about to explode: too much material was extracted from the star. All ships evacuate the system. As the star exploded another 5 motherships and 20 cruisers were destroyed. Only 500 adnihlo fighters survived the battle and 300 tauri fighters.

Surviving ships
                          Tauri
                          8x Constellations
                          10x Dantes
                          10x Daunteless
                          4x Challengers
                          8x Daedalus II
                          13x Thors
                          5x Phoenixes
                          10x Artemis
                          3x Poesidons
                          300x f-322 fighters

Adnihlo
                          25x Motherships
                          225x Cruisers
                          1x super carrier
                          500x adnihlo fighters

This battle is classed as a success. But the Adnihlo still continue towards Earth. There are no more ancient weapons and that solar weapon cannot be used again.
                          Yet again the Earth stands on the cliff edge. But we must fight till the death.
                          Countdown: 24 hours to go.
                          The fleet is racing towards Earth. Once they return to Earth, a quick refill will be needed. The fleet will arrive in the solar system 12 hours before the Adnihlo.
                          War returns to Earth…..

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
                            If you wanna to import 3DS models into sketchup you've gotta use .DWG (not sure) file, which is the autocad format. Only downside is that it might screw up the face headings and it redoes scale by some specific number.
                            Er..you can import .3DS directly into sketchup.

As for teh ion cannons..I have an older version of the current de facto official model on the warehouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet View Post
                              I wrote a battle last night as a continuation of the adnihlo attack towards Earth:
                              Checked by Immhotep as well. Our final chance before they reach Earth:

Spoiler:

Battle against the adnihlo part II

Date: 14th January 2055, 12 hours after the Avalon battle
                              Location: 2100 light years from Earth, the algenib system.

This maybe our last hope Colonel, we are building up a fleet here. The Avalon fleet done all they could and are on their way here. The science boys have built something on a massive scale that can be used as a weapon. It is not ready yet Colonel, here will be the ships you will have in the fleet.

Avalon fleet
                              7x Constellation
                              5x Dante
                              3x Daedalus II

Algenib fleet
                              7x Contellations
                              15x Dantes
                              12x Dauntless
                              8x Challengers
                              14x Daedalus IIs
                              20x Thors
                              16x Phoenixes
                              20x Artemis
                              5x Poesidon
                              760x F-322 fighters
                              20x Hades anti-fighter attack ship

Adnihlo fleet
                              48x motherships
                              310x Cruisers
                              3000x fighters

As the Algenib fleet saw the arrival of the Avalon fleet, the Adnihlo followed right behind. Dante class ships activated the fusion1 missiles in preparation for the possibility of destruction. The “all ships engaged” command was given and both fleets engaged the Adnihlo with little affect, the Adnihlo outnumbered the tauri forces by 3:1, the fighters 4:1. However the fighters were having the best luck against the Adnihlo fighters. 40 fusion1 missiles were fired at the Adnihlo, damaging the shields of 10 motherships and 30 cruisers. Tauri beam weapons and nukes continue to fire.
                              The matter/energy converter is ready and is firing 580 million kilograms of solar material at the adnihlo though the matter/energy converter into the particle cannons at the end. 10 particle cannons surround the sun. Ships upon ships are falling to the adnihlo, but now the solar cannons are destroying them. After around 50 hits, the weapons stop working. 15 motherships, and 35 cruisers were destroyed by the solar cannon. The star is about to explode: too much material was extracted from the star. All ships evacuate the system. As the star exploded another 5 motherships and 20 cruisers were destroyed. Only 500 adnihlo fighters survived the battle and 300 tauri fighters.

Surviving ships
                              Tauri
                              8x Constellations
                              10x Dantes
                              10x Daunteless
                              4x Challengers
                              8x Daedalus II
                              13x Thors
                              5x Phoenixes
                              10x Artemis
                              3x Poesidons
                              300x f-322 fighters

Adnihlo
                              25x Motherships
                              225x Cruisers
                              1x super carrier
                              500x adnihlo fighters

This battle is classed as a success. But the Adnihlo still continue towards Earth. There are no more ancient weapons and that solar weapon cannot be used again.
                              Yet again the Earth stands on the cliff edge. But we must fight till the death.
                              Countdown: 24 hours to go.
                              The fleet is racing towards Earth. Once they return to Earth, a quick refill will be needed. The fleet will arrive in the solar system 12 hours before the Adnihlo.
                              War returns to Earth…..

I must say i'm not sure about this battle...for 2 reasons in the Earth battle which I will now be writing the Adnihilo are going to be coming with a much larger fleet than that so wiping out yet more ships is helpful also I don't like the weapon used I don't think it's a good weapon.

Also if the Tau'ri knew they couldn't stop the Adnihilo getting to Earth which would be pretty clear they'd probably pull all ships back to Earth to benefit from the better defenses although I guess the inclusion of the weapon changes things a fair bit.

Personally I don't like it, not because it's a bad battle I just think a better battle would be the Adnihilo gaining large amounts of reinforcements and taking out some of our fleets as they attempt to get back to Earth leaving us more vulnerable.

Sorry
                              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Well the adnihlo can still have reinforcements coming in and the weapon was ditch just to raise tauri spirits. The weapon is similar to the icarus space probe seen in die another day. I think it was more this battle was the last attempt of stopping the adnihlo before they reached Earth. So of course you would try and destroy them before Earth. Maybe the weapon isn't brilliant, but it would be difficult to use it again, especially in the solar system.

Comment

Working...
                                X