No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Niether, we will just add a couple of extra battles and leave it as it is.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
      Niether, we will just add a couple of extra battles and leave it as it is.
      Not a couple...loads lol. Everyone needs to pitch in. Just write battles where we get beaten badly.
      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

well im back again and i have to say i love the battles i agree it needs some epicness. but its good. im almost done my up date of the valor and have a back stoire ready altho at this poit it may need some tweeking to fit the story line but im putting on the finishing touches of the design and i have to say this is realy my best work ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
          Not a couple...loads lol. Everyone needs to pitch in. Just write battles where we get beaten badly.
          lol I read that out loud and my girlfriend heard it and gave me an evil look.

Yep, Ill see if I can add a little battle in here.

But, Ill need a few things...

*Up to date lists of all the ships we have (and where they are at).

*the tech and ships of the enemy.

*and a cookie.
          Visit my Website

Comment

Also!

This is one of the off road vehicles going in my dropship

Do you think it looks better without the cargo shell in the back?

Spoiler:
            Visit my Website

Comment

DUDE! THATS A-SOME! just for that i may need to add a bay for ground assault! oh and ill post the desgin for the valor on the google ware house because i would realy like to see if some one could put the texture and mabey and other cool details on to it. and i like it with the shell
              Last edited by Aroura-Gate; 02 September 2007, 06:16 PM.

Comment

A little more work done with the roll cage, made some glass (bullet proof) and added a texture.

And a how it gets out of the ship. I may need to redesign the inside ramp. Maybe I'll have it able to expand to the lower ramp.

But for now, Ill have it like this. A rough ride out of the ship.
                Last edited by ManiacMike; 02 September 2007, 11:43 PM.
                Visit my Website

Comment

Dude! Thats exactly the kind of thing i imagined for the SOT battle, remember when i said dirt bikes and quads sped off in to the hills from inside the dropships. Combined with J's Tank and APC, your dropship and this. We have some pretty great ground artilary.
                  If you want to do a battle thats great people, the ships can be found on the site as always. You should know the tech and the ships already though But yeah i would really apprechiate some help. Im gunna do an attack on Tortuga.
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  11000! green me

Comment

Ok so a rather quick battle here, its not fantastic but as a taster for some minro battles to come, which i hope people will contribute to our thurough ass kicking from the adnihlo. Heres the battle
                    Spoiler:
                    Tortuga is home to one of the largest weapons development and mining facilities the Tauri posses. It was founded as a base unintentionally, a deadalus class crash landed on the planet, spending 4 months alone, using the wreckage of the crash (including its bizarely functioning shield) to protect themselves from the harsh enviroment. With communcations down and sensors offline as well. They steadily created a home, using the detatched wing pods as sleeping quarters and command centre. After being rescued sensors on another ship found that the planet was incredible special, a chance in a lifetime, the crust of the planet was almost 80% naquadah, buried under a mile of sand though. We set up one of our earliest mining plants near the wreckage, and recently developed refinaries were also placed on the world.
                    Over the last 30 years Tortuga has developed from a unique crash site, to a mining facility, to one of a few top secret military research centres. On the planet some of our most important weapons have been developed including the coil gun, and Ion cannon.
                    In orbit around the planet, in 2054, is a fleet of military vessels, all equipped with the latest technology, Athena, one of the old deadalus classes (built as the 5th deadalus class) is the staging or testing ship for our entire fleet and has been for decades. She is stationed here so any developments can be tested directly on her. Theory's as to why athena is still used to test weapons are wildly exagerated, the simple fact is that athena, as the oldest test ship in the fleet has been through so many upgrades that her systems are attuned to accept upgrades, the only ship that is capable of rapid progression. At the moment she has numerous power sources (1x mark III to VI), two hyperdrives, two shields, ion cannons , coil guns and a less powerful Gaia class beam weapon. She is joined by a dante class, 4 deadalus II's, a dauntless, and twenty thor destroyers. The base on the planet also has command of 6 satalites and a working ground covering shield unique to tortuga and its namesake, tortuga comes from the shield technique which covers a cohort of troops in a tortoise like shell, tortuga is tortoise like in that the deadalus's shield can cover signifcant areas of the research facility & more with additional power sources

Today another force was going to come to this planet, unknown to the denisens of Tortuga 3 Adnihlo motherships are on thier way to this important site and our forces stood no chance. Dropping out of subspace near the planet, alerts were sent out instantly. The motherships dwarfed any ship in the system by along way. This planet was defended quite heavily but had none of the signifanct military defences of other worlds because defending it with high profile ships would draw attention to the planet.
                    The Thor classes attacked first, flying in a pack formation they attacked the motherships, thier missiles, were launched enmasse, with 64 missiles each and nearly 20 ships. Over 1000 missiles were on course with the ships. However the main weapons on the adnihlo ships were quite capable, as our main offensive weapon the missiles were intercepted, blasted rapidly out of the sky. The Adnihlo can fire 4 times per second, in just over a minute the missile were gone. They didnt stop. Taking down the Thor's at a rate unseen since the wraith, thier weapons taking 10% of shields off with every hit. It was catastrophic. After 3 minutes all of the thors were gone. Athena, a Dante class, 4 deadalus and a dauntless were all that remained of our fleet. As well as 6 satalites. The 3 motherships attacked. The were hit by the force of many ion cannons as well as the duantless and deadalus II's massed ranks of Coil and rail guns. As well as more and more missiles. It had no effect we could see. They returned fire, one by one the deadali's fell. After 7 minutes the deadalus and dante were gone. The Dauntless and Athena were all that remained. Dauntless attacked, but was destroyed by a beam weapon unlike any we had witnessed. As one of our most powerful ships the dauntless's destruction sent out a clear signal, the adnihlo were going to destroy us.
                    With only Athena left the base began to evacuate, the stargate on the planet which was brought by athena nearly 30 years ago was ferrying personel. Ordered to retreat Athena opened up a hyperspace window just as her shields were lowered she was hit by a blast from an Adnihlo mothership. In hyperspace for mere seconds she emerged on the far side of the solar system out of range. Suddenly a massive wave of energy course through the system. As if a supernova had happened sensors were blinded. The Adnihlo ships were gone, destroyed in a fatal tactical error on thier part. They had used thier weapons to destroy the stargate, preventing the escape of our people in order to capture those who remained. It was devastating. Not only did the stargate absorb over 300 gigatons of energy, exploding in a fireball but at the same time, trillions of tons of nauquadah exploded with the force unlike anything seen in this galaxy. With a crust of 80% naquadah tortuga was a timebomb, with enough naquadah to build every ship in our fleet 5 times over and rebuild every hatak built since the rise of the goauld. That amount of naquadah exploded, destroying not only the motherships, but the planet, 2 moons and sending a shockwave which obliterated an asteroid belt in the system. If Athena had no jumped away, the loss of Tortuga and more importantly the secrets of the base would have been lost.

tep.
                    sigpic
                    11000! green me

Comment

If I did my math right a planet thats 80% naq. is 866,666,666,666,666,666,666,666,667 tons. That one meteor that anubis threw at earth was significantly smaller. So something with that magnitude would blow that entire galaxy. Maybe 2 or 3. Isn't naq. dense too, so a planet with 80% will have a huge gravity.
                      Visit my Website

Comment

Is crust is, minus oceans. Basicly the derset part of the surface under the sand is almost entirely naquadah.
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                          Ok so a rather quick battle here, its not fantastic but as a taster for some minro battles to come, which i hope people will contribute to our thurough ass kicking from the adnihlo. Heres the battle
                          Spoiler:
                          Tortuga is home to one of the largest weapons development and mining facilities the Tauri posses. It was founded as a base unintentionally, a deadalus class crash landed on the planet, spending 4 months alone, using the wreckage of the crash (including its bizarely functioning shield) to protect themselves from the harsh enviroment. With communcations down and sensors offline as well. They steadily created a home, using the detatched wing pods as sleeping quarters and command centre. After being rescued sensors on another ship found that the planet was incredible special, a chance in a lifetime, the crust of the planet was almost 80% naquadah, buried under a mile of sand though. We set up one of our earliest mining plants near the wreckage, and recently developed refinaries were also placed on the world.
                          Over the last 30 years Tortuga has developed from a unique crash site, to a mining facility, to one of a few top secret military research centres. On the planet some of our most important weapons have been developed including the coil gun, and Ion cannon.
                          In orbit around the planet, in 2054, is a fleet of military vessels, all equipped with the latest technology, Athena, one of the old deadalus classes (built as the 5th deadalus class) is the staging or testing ship for our entire fleet and has been for decades. She is stationed here so any developments can be tested directly on her. Theory's as to why athena is still used to test weapons are wildly exagerated, the simple fact is that athena, as the oldest test ship in the fleet has been through so many upgrades that her systems are attuned to accept upgrades, the only ship that is capable of rapid progression. At the moment she has numerous power sources (1x mark III to VI), two hyperdrives, two shields, ion cannons , coil guns and a less powerful Gaia class beam weapon. She is joined by a dante class, 4 deadalus II's, a dauntless, and twenty thor destroyers. The base on the planet also has command of 6 satalites and a working ground covering shield unique to tortuga and its namesake, tortuga comes from the shield technique which covers a cohort of troops in a tortoise like shell, tortuga is tortoise like in that the deadalus's shield can cover signifcant areas of the research facility & more with additional power sources

Today another force was going to come to this planet, unknown to the denisens of Tortuga 3 Adnihlo motherships are on thier way to this important site and our forces stood no chance. Dropping out of subspace near the planet, alerts were sent out instantly. The motherships dwarfed any ship in the system by along way. This planet was defended quite heavily but had none of the signifanct military defences of other worlds because defending it with high profile ships would draw attention to the planet.
                          The Thor classes attacked first, flying in a pack formation they attacked the motherships, thier missiles, were launched enmasse, with 64 missiles each and nearly 20 ships. Over 1000 missiles were on course with the ships. However the main weapons on the adnihlo ships were quite capable, as our main offensive weapon the missiles were intercepted, blasted rapidly out of the sky. The Adnihlo can fire 4 times per second, in just over a minute the missile were gone. They didnt stop. Taking down the Thor's at a rate unseen since the wraith, thier weapons taking 10% of shields off with every hit. It was catastrophic. After 3 minutes all of the thors were gone. Athena, a Dante class, 4 deadalus and a dauntless were all that remained of our fleet. As well as 6 satalites. The 3 motherships attacked. The were hit by the force of many ion cannons as well as the duantless and deadalus II's massed ranks of Coil and rail guns. As well as more and more missiles. It had no effect we could see. They returned fire, one by one the deadali's fell. After 7 minutes the deadalus and dante were gone. The Dauntless and Athena were all that remained. Dauntless attacked, but was destroyed by a beam weapon unlike any we had witnessed. As one of our most powerful ships the dauntless's destruction sent out a clear signal, the adnihlo were going to destroy us.
                          With only Athena left the base began to evacuate, the stargate on the planet which was brought by athena nearly 30 years ago was ferrying personel. Ordered to retreat Athena opened up a hyperspace window just as her shields were lowered she was hit by a blast from an Adnihlo mothership. In hyperspace for mere seconds she emerged on the far side of the solar system out of range. Suddenly a massive wave of energy course through the system. As if a supernova had happened sensors were blinded. The Adnihlo ships were gone, destroyed in a fatal tactical error on thier part. They had used thier weapons to destroy the stargate, preventing the escape of our people in order to capture those who remained. It was devastating. Not only did the stargate absorb over 300 gigatons of energy, exploding in a fireball but at the same time, trillions of tons of nauquadah exploded with the force unlike anything seen in this galaxy. With a crust of 80% naquadah tortuga was a timebomb, with enough naquadah to build every ship in our fleet 5 times over and rebuild every hatak built since the rise of the goauld. That amount of naquadah exploded, destroying not only the motherships, but the planet, 2 moons and sending a shockwave which obliterated an asteroid belt in the system. If Athena had no jumped away, the loss of Tortuga and more importantly the secrets of the base would have been lost.

tep.
                          Okay, so..a few nitpicks. First..80% naq is insane. If you'd set up a base on that Asteroid Anubis sent you could have gotten tons of naq..and an 80% naq planet isn't necessary for the story and is just crazy. Second, coil guns were on the Columbia in like 2004. Third, the Dauntless should be a Connie. Fourth, you have the Thors shields waaaay to weak. Prometheus could have took 64, and her powersource was crap. Thor has a mark iv so should take way more unless you've made their weapons stronger. And yeah, that's about it. xD Poor Tortuga.

Comment

wow 80% thats insane but would that realy wipe out that much because in the atlantis episode when rodny is working on that achient experiment and id goes ballistic he wiped out 1/4 of a solar system. oh and i absoultly hate working with this damn Valor mkIII model but i love how its turned out it s almost done!

Comment

Hey immhotep remember what I told you earlier? Well here it is, now dont get your hopes up
                              Spoiler:
                              sigpic
                              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Ok im sorry about the 80% figure. Essentially there a huge naquadah deposits on the planet. Far more than an usual planet, which combined with the Naquadah from the gate destroyed the planet. And surrounding moons, plus asteroid belt. The Deposits and explosion were roughly 5x what hit abydos, considering abydos was one of Ra principle naquadah mines yet the explosion didnt destroy anubis's flagship but still the planet we can estimate that this explosion was significantly greater than Anubis's. Plus Anubis's eye weapon wasnt "as" powerful as the Adnihlo but its based on the same technology.
                                I am sorry the thors were shown less powerful but i did use the missiles as the main weapon I had to balence it out. And considering i used to think the Thors were like our version of an Alkesh, oh well i cant consider everything.

Bo, not getting excited but if this is a taste of your "project" to come, then we are in for some amazing treats

AG, looking forward to the Valor ship

Oh and yes poor Tortuga! I loved that place but i thought it went down in style, few planets get blown up this spectacularly, only abydos has been blown up this well. At least i saved athena, which is one of my favourate ships, after Leviathon and Gaia. Athena is my favourate. Btw if people were wondering the reason it had two of everything was that it was the test bed for Tauri vs Asgard tests. So it has a first generation tauri capitol shield, Retro engineered Asgard hyperdrive + standard asgard hyperdrive. It was so one ship could test how they compared. If Gaia and Athena raced it wouldnt be fair but Athena could test all the asgard tech. Then switch to the Tauri version and redo the tests, giving both types of technology a fair run on the same ship. Obviously the Asgard tech was better, but it did provide useful Data on exactly how inferiour we were (which isnt as bad as we hoped). Like Our intergalactic hyperdrive is as fast as a the first deadalus hyperdrive was when powered by our latest reactors. So Same as shields. Which proved that with sufficent power our technology can match asgard technology. But when our reactors are used with Asgard technology its still better than our technology + our reactors. If that makes sense. Our current technology is nearly as advanced as the asgard were 50 years ago(because we have had 50 years to study and use that level of tech so retro'd to that level), but isnt as advanced as the technology the asgard provide us with now. We still havent retroengieered beaming technology though we do have holographics.
                                Last edited by immhotep; 03 September 2007, 01:36 PM.
                                sigpic
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X