No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The more I think about it..the more I start to think the Grace aliens wouldn't have been able to force the Joten to flee with only 60 ships. And in bubas story they didn't have a lot..so they wouldnt be able to really send more. And sending their main fleet wouldn't have been to smart, because if the Joten has won, they would have been weakened considerably. I think this part should be changed..

The main fleet of the Grace aliens attacks the Joten homeworld in a surprise attack devastating the Joten who recognise the Grace Aliens from the first war, in series of clashes the Joten prove to be a formidable foe but unable to beat the grace aliens. Unable to win, the Joten flee in search of allies...the Asgard though it takes a while to find them as the Asgard have migrated several times...
    Make it like..
    The grace aliens send a small fleet of 10 ships to test the defenses of the Joten. The ten ships fair well and take out about 2 ships each. Not long after, the Grace aliens send another fleet, this time with 20 ships. This time the Joten are more prepared, and the grace aliens only take down 30 ships. Knowing the grace aliens will continue to return with more ships and eventually besiege their world, the Joten gather their ships and evacuate Jotenheimr and their followers. Knowing that the Grace Aliens pose a great threat, they head off in Search of the Asgard to warn them and possibly reunite their forces.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
      Nah cos ive atlantis's drone dont get through, then theyre screwed, we KNOW the grace aliens gun have enough of a punch to get through even the toughest shields and if their shields have anywhere near as much WOW in thme as thier guns then thier shields are going to be able to take such a pounding, even from the ori. They would lose eventually but IMO the GS may just be the only ship in the MW that could take on the Ori's ships and put up a decent fight, if they had 2 against the Ori ship they would win.

The GA are powerful but the prometheus's shields weren't that amazing, the deadalus has much stronger shields, the Ori would beat the GA with their uber beams which drain shields far faster than the GA weapons...

Atlantis would own an ori mothership, i don't care how strong the ori shields are 10,000 drones like the amount seen in TLC would destroy it...

Originally posted by ZakeD View Post
      I don't think every ship they had would have been near their capital planet..they have a large amount of planets. They probably would have used some of their ships to evacuate their planet when the realize they were losing also. I think they would have taken every remaining ship and left after they realized there was no way they could win.
      it wasn't just the capital which was attacked, the GA attacked the capital first then proceded to attack other high profile targets...

Originally posted by ZakeD View Post
      The more I think about it..the more I start to think the Grace aliens wouldn't have been able to force the Joten to flee with only 60 ships.
      60 grace warships would beat the Joten in a surprise attack which is what gave them the edge, with your fleet figures the Joten would have had a 2-1 advantage but that would have been offset by the surprise attack...

And in bubas story they didn't have a lot..so they wouldnt be able to really send more. And sending their main fleet wouldn't have been to smart, because if the Joten has won, they would have been weakened considerably. I think this part should be changed..
      The GA aliens knew their fleet would be enough, they knew they would win beyond a shadow of a doubt...(though obviously not without casulties)

Make it like..
      The grace aliens send a small fleet of 10 ships to test the defenses of the Joten. The ten ships fair well and take out about 2 ships each. Not long after, the Grace aliens send another fleet, this time with 20 ships. This time the Joten are more prepared, and the grace aliens only take down 30 ships. Knowing the grace aliens will continue to return with more ships and eventually besiege their world, the Joten gather their ships and evacuate Jotenheimr and their followers. Knowing that the Grace Aliens pose a great threat, they head off in Search of the Asgard to warn them and possibly reunite their forces.
      thats ok, i'll change it...but the first fleet will be 30 ships (warships and cruisers) and thye willl completely devastate the Joten capital world only the heroics of the Joten fleet saves the planet from destruction...

Immhotep what do think of this idea for GA weapons...Directed Zero point energy that would account for their absurdly powerful weapons and i'd like the GA to be blowing up planets with Z.P.E bombs in the story...
      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

No ZPE bombs...thats kinda lame IMO, its just like kinda fanwank..in fact ive seen it on fanwank ships lol. I think Direct Solar Plasma would be coolest. We could have them use massive fusion reactors as power sources, and from that they siphon off massive amounts of super charged plasma, which is fired in large bolts out of the main guns. It might sound like a normal energy weapon but if you think about it, that kind of energy is what supernova vaporise planets with..so it would be immensely powerfull.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by buba uognarf
          thats ok, i'll change it...but the first fleet will be 30 ships (warships and cruisers) and thye willl completely devastate the Joten capital world only the heroics of the Joten fleet saves the planet from destruction...
          Well, I didnt want it to be so high..like 30, because I didn't want the Joten to lose so much. And to fit with what I wrote they would have to send 60 the next time..meaning the Joten would lose like..150 ships. Also, what do you mean by devastate the capital world? I say we stick with the one I wrote. I like the fact that they are forced to retreat in my version but aren't completely devastated.

Originally posted by buba uognarf
          Immhotep what do think of this idea for GA weapons...Directed Zero point energy that would account for their absurdly powerful weapons and i'd like the GA to be blowing up planets with Z.P.E bombs in the story...
          Also..for their weapons, it would have taken 29 shots to take out the Prometheus shiels. So how strong are the Proms shields compared to the Daedys? And how strong are the Daedys compared to an O'neills?

Comment

Ok here are the ships to vote up for the Trasport/personnel carrier class:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=189

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=233

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=265

So pick between those too
            Last edited by immhotep; 24 November 2006, 01:41 PM.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            11000! green me

Comment

I vote for the Atlantis/ ATS combo

Comment

No ZPE bombs...thats kinda lame IMO, its just like kinda fanwank..in fact ive seen it on fanwank ships lol. I think Direct Solar Plasma would be coolest. We could have them use massive fusion reactors as power sources, and from that they siphon off massive amounts of super charged plasma, which is fired in large bolts out of the main guns. It might sound like a normal energy weapon but if you think about it, that kind of energy is what supernova vaporise planets with..so it would be immensely powerfull.
                i was talking about directed Zero point energy as beam weapons and Z.P.E bombs being used to blow up planets, and it's hardely fanwank seeing as it's the GA. It would also account for them being able to take on the great alliance a mastery of Zero point energy would give them an incredable advantage. And directed solar plasma wouldn't have any advantage over normal plasma, solar plasma and normal plasma are probably almost exactly the same. So they'd have standard energy weapons...

and it's not solar plasma which vapourises the planets it's the shockwave from the exploding star which is caused when the gravitational force of the star is no longer able to contain the immense heat it produces (did this recently in science) so it's basically and explosion of heat...

Anything in huge quantities is powerful but having solar plasma weapons while sounding cool would have no advantage over any other weapon...

i'd rather have directed Z.P.E, then plasma weapons...

Well, I didnt want it to be so high..like 30, because I didn't want the Joten to lose so much. And to fit with what I wrote they would have to send 60 the next time..meaning the Joten would lose like..150 ships. Also, what do you mean by devastate the capital world? I say we stick with the one I wrote. I like the fact that they are forced to retreat in my version but aren't completely devastated.
                I think you've misunderstood me...

You're think about it in a linear way, it's not going to work out as 1 for 2 in an actual war, and i'm not going to keep exactly to what you wrote i'm going to take the general idea and write it in my own way (if thats ok)...

they send 30 then maybe 20 or 30 more as reinforcements, so 50-60 ships in total, and they devaste the capital world as in burn it to the ground...

they aren't completely devastated in my one either, they're fighting but can see no way to win so retreat...

i am basically sticking to the one you wrote, i'm just adding a new spin...

wait till i write it before making final judgement, but feel free to add suggestions...

Also..for their weapons, it would have taken 29 shots to take out the Prometheus shiels. So how strong are the Proms shields compared to the Daedys? And how strong are the Daedys compared to an O'neills?
                i'd put them at atleast twice the strength of the Prometheus's, and we have no real idea of the Oneills shield strength...

if it would take 29 shots to take out the Prometheus then maybe their weapons aren't as powerful as we thought, only about twice as strong as a hives...

i'll vote a little later...
                Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

buba No offense but im Veto'ing Direct ZPE weapons, we already know they have energy weapons which fire pulse, not beams. Why change things. And weapons fire is dependant upon energy source, which is why Hatak weapons were so much more powerfull when the replicators created a power surge by making thier own PS out of the blocks. So If they are using a star to power thier weapons they are going to be massively powerfull, and the plasma thats produced, which makes up solar flares ( which is about 1500000 oC, about 2000 times hotter than the earth core) would be a pretty awesome weapon, if you could direct the energy of a solar flare at a ship you could literally cut a ship in two, shielded or not, at that kind of temperature it wouldnt matter.
                  sigpic
                  11000! green me

Comment

buba No offense but im Veto'ing Direct ZPE weapons, we already know they have energy weapons which fire pulse, not beams. Why change things. And weapons fire is dependant upon energy source, which is why Hatak weapons were so much more powerfull when the replicators created a power surge by making thier own PS out of the blocks. So If they are using a star to power thier weapons they are going to be massively powerfull, and the plasma thats produced, which makes up solar flares ( which is about 1500000 oC, about 2000 times hotter than the earth core) would be a pretty awesome weapon, if you could direct the energy of a solar flare at a ship you could literally cut a ship in two, shielded or not, at that kind of temperature it wouldnt matter.
                    non taken, but i was thinking the weapons would be in pulse form...

solar flares aren't in pulse form anyway, so we're going for boring pulse plasma weapons then?

how is a gun supposed to fire solar flares anyway? and how are they going to generate that kind of heat without destroying their own ship?

Comment

I would just wondering if I could enter my shuttle into the voting. Sorry could not post it earlier had problems with my server. But here it is now posted here.

HMS Endeavour

Class: Long range shuttle/ scout vessel.

Technology Base: Earth built tech apart from Asguard transporters and hyperdrive.

crew: Five crew men with ten passengers

Engines: 4 ion drives and a Asguard hyperdrive

Weapons: 2 rail guns turrets, with two guns each. Soon to be updated with four plasma cannons, base on Felger early work, is currently being perfected by Samantha carter.

Shields: One earth made shield. This shield is a prototype for earth base shield tech. The shields were base of Gould tech which was obtained from reverse engineering of their cargo ships, partially improved by suggestions of Asguard engineers. These can be built using earth base materials.

Reactors: Two mark two reactors.

Other equipment:

A earth base sensor package, subspace sensors, heat sensors, Sound sensors and many more.

Subspace Communications

History:

It was first dreamed up be Samantha carter. She wanted to explore a strange nebula but was not unable to because all earth vessels were engage in operations. She came to relies that they needed to design and build a small craft capable of such missions and also of ferrying troops to planet and exploring planets with no Stargate on them. These operations often do not take place simple because vessels are not available.

The basic hull was inspired by the NASA space shuttle designs, with heavy modifications.

Unfortunately congress refuses to fund the project because they were more interested in building battle ships and larger craft. Carter after spending several months on designing the craft was disappointed.

That until the United Kingdom got involve. An agreement in allowing SG1 on British soil to explore Merlin cavern, meant we were given full access to all of Americans research and development programmes. Although Britain had the knowledge and funding to launch their own battle ships they did have not enough materials. Although the agreement provided a certain amount of Naquadah and trinium each year this was only enough to construct 10 fighters per year. United Kingdom currently had thirty in it fleet. They lack the capability of mining the ores themselves.

United Kingdom approach Samantha carter, head of research at the time and agree that Britain would and fund and construct the HMS Endeavour to be the United Kingdom first interstellar craft. Although certain congressman objected to the agreement, thy quickly overall by President Hayes who wanted to increase cooperation’s between nations and he was also being pressured into an agreement by the Asguard.

This craft was design and built in less than eighteen months. Its first mission was meant to test the hyperdrive engines in a three day mission to an American run out post. Unfortunately they were intercepted by two Lucian alliance cargo ships, equip with weapons. The Endeavour manages to destroy one of the vessels and severely damage the other one. Although the Endeavour it self was severely damage.
                      A race begun between the two vessels fortunately the Endeavour was able to get it hyperdrives online and made run back to earth. The craft showed it was well capable of holding up to in combat.

Its second mission was to explore the newly named Samantha carter nebula. This nebula turns out to be rather strange. As it contained several planets independent of stars. Also a strange outpost was discover on one of the planets which turn out to be furling in origin and which contained the strange energy reading which Samantha first discovered and was the reason for her wanting to explore the nebula. The base is still being study today although with very little success. They still have not learned how to operate any of its equipment.

It third mission was to a colony one of the other planets inside the nebula. Here they set up Britain first off world colony. It was a massive mining facility. The planet was found to be rather strange as it had both trinium and Naquadah deposits, which is very uncommon to find. This planet allowed Britain to construct and build its first warship named the HMS Excalibur.
                      A new fighter, the RSF Raven, was put into rapid production and sold to the Russians, Chinese and French.

The Endeavour was soon joined by six new crafts, the Columbia, Atlantis, Enterprise, Discovery, Challenger and one named after her designer, The Samantha Carter.

Okay here some pictures of her, still a long way to go as usual, may be one day I will finished one of my models off, would not hold my breath through.

I will try and post some better render pictures up later.

sorry for the late response.

I vote my shuttle as the personal transport and immhotep troop lander. And maybe we could even the idea of Britain setting up a of world colony and the mining out post.
                      Last edited by knowles2; 24 November 2006, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Hense being advanced and Allience level in technology... its mystery, and they trap the solar flares in a chamber thats pressured and then release it in bolts. But the flare maintains the same temperate because of soem kind of advanced technology.
                        And yes i think plasma pulses are fine. Lets put this in to perpective, the Asgard and Goauld have had PP weapons that are tiny, a few meters in diameter at most. And they have been able to wipe out entire civilzations. THe guns this race use are the size of the promethius, the could probley vaporise a hatak without even flinching..
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

Hense being advanced and Allience level in technology... its mystery, and they trap the solar flares in a chamber thats pressured and then release it in bolts. But the flare maintains the same temperate because of soem kind of advanced technology.
                          And yes i think plasma pulses are fine. Lets put this in to perpective, the Asgard and Goauld have had PP weapons that are tiny, a few meters in diameter at most. And they have been able to wipe out entire civilzations. THe guns this race use are the size of the promethius, the could probley vaporise a hatak without even flinching..
                          sorry but that sounds more like wanktech then Z.P.E seeing as Z.P.E has alreayd been established...

they trap solar flares mate i'm sorry for argueing but that really doesn't make sense it just sounds abit silly (not being rude)...

Goa'uld yes, Asgard unknown...their weapons are blue like the tollan ion canons we don't know what kind of weapons they use... unless it's been stated?

I won't go as far as vapourising a Ha'tak without even flinching...

mate i think you've made these huys a little too powerful, i just thing Z.P.E is more advanced and already established, solar flare guns are more science fantasy then science fiction...

sorry if this arguement is annoying you or anything but i really disagree with Solar flare guns lol

Comment

Well..in Star Wars they use solar ionization reactors, which are miniature suns. Or they could have a powersource like that sun thing in spiderman 2. xD The solar flare weapons is a little..lame sounding. Just have the power source powering some plasma firing weapon. I also the think the ZPE firing gun is kinda lame. I don't have a really high understanding of that kind of crap..but I'm not sure it would be very effective.

Comment

I'd say a Ha'tak would take about the same amount of shots as the Prometheus to be destroyerd.

Comment

No im sorry but having a technolgy which store plasma produced in mini solar flares( their fusion reactors) and then firing that plasma is much, much less fanwank than taking energy from another layer of our subspace, which we know produces exotic particles and destroys entire solar systems because it was the basis for the Arcturis project.

Asgard use some kind of Plasma pulse based technology, either Ion based or Naquadah based (that IMO is the difference, the power source). the goauld use Naquadah which produced a golden bolt, the Asgard use Ion plasma (from thier Neutrino Ion generators)..its just like using spent fuel from a nuclear reactors to armour tanks.
                                If they use a Hydrogen fusion reactor, which any race in SG would be able to do, including us at this point (i think carter has said that the N.G is a fusion reactor) then the spent fuel would be the plasma ejected in solar flares, which could be caught by a beaming technolgy of some kind and repositioned in a chamber, which stores the ejected plasma; maybe even in a buffer like the stargates do, not actually remateriallising it until the guns fire.

I totally disagree with ZPE, its so fanwank that it makes and Ori warship look like a tug boat.

PS knowles ive add your ship to the voting.
                                sigpic
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X