Gateworld Virtual Fleet 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew Joshua Talon View Post
    Okay, here's the deal. Immhotep, the entire storyline is too convoluted for anyone, even me, to fix, so I'll just ignore it and keep my peace on it. However, considering that your dreadnought is far more powerful than an O'Neill (when it's the pinnacle of ASGARD technology), not to mention Buba's overpowered "cruiser" and "destroyer", I'm sure you can understand my grievances. I do apologize for ranting like I did, but c'mon! It's like you guys sink into Fanboy World when I'm not around!

Anyway, rather than all this arguing, let's hold the vote on dreadnoughts right now. Though to be honest, I question if we need them at all.

In defense of the Constellation, it takes more than a minute for her to charge her two Mk. VI ion cannons, and then after firing another minute to recharge. Not to mention that even using those cannons puts a considerable strain on the entire ship's power system, making her vulnerable while recharging the Mk. VIs. She can blow a hole in a Superhive, even while it has it's shields up, but that's not a guaranteed kill if they don't hit a vital system. And there is only one Constellation. She's not invincible, we don't have an entire fleet of them, and her main job is to blow stuff up-Like a real dreadnought.

I would like to propose a vote: Whether or not the fleet even needs dreadnoughts. If the vote is no, then there are no dreadnought-class ships, including the Constellation. If the vote is yes, then we vote for which of the submitted classes to use as per usual. Does this seem fair?
    i've already said i'm going to change my cruiser and destroyer...but lets not argue. I still don't like the idea of it blowing a hole in a superhive that would make it the most powerful weapon ever seen on stargate...

but we'll cross that bridge if the constellation is voted in or we ahve a dreadnaught vote...did you have a hand in the constellations design?

edit: i've thought of a compramise for the mark V ion canons, one shot is capable of smashing through the superhives shields though it does not drain them it simply makes a brief hole in the area hit and creates huge structure damage to the outside though doesn't pierce the entire ship. A second shot blows to the same area in quick succession blows a hole through the ship though doesn't destroy it...
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD View Post
      Sounds cool..but isn't that off of star trek?
      Can't say I've ever seen it on trek. I did however think of the trinity device when i made it (the weapon tried to release the energy stored by artucurus).

I think Andrew, you have to remember the time we are talking about now, it's the 2040s not the 2000s and we have fought a lot of wars in that space of time (which can help booster technology along). The O'neill class is (by this time) nearly 50 years old. Technology must move on, we can't be stuck just firing railguns and pre-mark X nukes in the 40s.
      Last edited by Davidtourniquet; 03 February 2007, 06:50 AM.

Comment

I can live with not having Dreadnauts, im not going to comprimise a great ship, i was not aware they were more powerfull than oniels, i just didnt, and the power source will be revised, the comment about nearly as powerfull as asgard weapons taken out. Other than that mine is going to stay the same.

The Storyline is staying because it cant be changed and doesnt need to be and if you dont agree then you can live with that opinion and join in or be quiet.

Do we want Dreadnauts?
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
          I can live with not having Dreadnauts, im not going to comprimise a great ship, i was not aware they were more powerfull than oniels, i just didnt, and the power source will be revised, the comment about nearly as powerfull as asgard weapons taken out. Other than that mine is going to stay the same.

The Storyline is staying because it cant be changed and doesnt need to be and if you dont agree then you can live with that opinion and join in or be quiet.

Do we want Dreadnauts?
          i like the idea of having 'big guns' in the fleet, so i would like to have a dreadnaught as long we keep track of how many there are....and i agree about the story there's nothing wrong with it...

though i'd be interested to see what is so bad about the story
          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Sam fisher View Post
            Guys, I need to bring something up and while it might cause you to all go into collective "why the hell are you bringing this up NOW", it seems to me that everyone is depending upon shields. I would think it likely that we would have some sort of active protection system by now to help with the sheilds.
            I don't understand what you are proposing, can you explain it?

As for the Constellation, how about it can punch a hole through a normal (from the show) hiveship. That would give it the power of an Atlantis satelite weapon. Just an idea.

I think we need to advance asgard and gouald technology. A lot of the complaining is happening because our shiips can rival designs that are 30 or more years old. If the asgard make a new ship that is, say, 3 or 4 times more powerful then an O'neil, then we can have ships that are close to an O'neil without being a threat to the asgard. Same thing to the Gouald motherships, even during the show, they were advancing some what. For example: 10c to 3650c to 32,000c. Shields the tollan could destroy in one shot to shields that could rival a Besnir asgard ship. Cloaking devises that could cloak a mothership. that all happened in 10 years. Think how far they should advance in another 30 years. This is my 3 cents (yes 3, I'm a big spender)

p.s. I vote for having dregnaughts
            Quacks

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
              i like the idea of having 'big guns' in the fleet, so i would like to have a dreadnaught as long we keep track of how many there are....and i agree about the story there's nothing wrong with it...

though i'd be interested to see what is so bad about the story
              The Gaia is commisioned in 2043 and will be completed in 2045, there are 4 ships, so 1 every 2 years. it will be 2051 by the time all 4 are complete. This is a special class which are powerfull but few in number..
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by CouchPotator View Post
                I don't understand what you are proposing, can you explain it?

As for the Constellation, how about it can punch a hole through a normal (from the show) hiveship. That would give it the power of an Atlantis satelite weapon. Just an idea.

I think we need to advance asgard and gouald technology. A lot of the complaining is happening because our shiips can rival designs that are 30 or more years old. If the asgard make a new ship that is, say, 3 or 4 times more powerful then an O'neil, then we can have ships that are close to an O'neil without being a threat to the asgard. Same thing to the Gouald motherships, even during the show, they were advancing some what. For example: 10c to 3650c to 32,000c. Shields the tollan could destroy in one shot to shields that could rival a Besnir asgard ship. Cloaking devises that could cloak a mothership. that all happened in 10 years. Think how far they should advance in another 30 years. This is my 3 cents (yes 3, I'm a big spender)

p.s. I vote for having dregnaughts
                Asgard fine, they have the hammond which is slightly more powerful ship than the Oneill and they have vahalla (an asgard city ship) i think that's enough the asgard are pretty weakened...3-4 times stronger is too power and beyond their power the beliskner was in service for thousands of years i doubt they're going to make a radically new and much more powerful ship in 30 years when they have virtually no resources left...

The Goa'uld are gone face it they have no place in the virtual fleet, in 30 years time the rest of the goa'uld would probably have been hunted down and killed let alone advanced...i design a jaffa ubertak which is basically a jaffa supermothership but they got owned by the Wraith over earth

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                  The Gaia is commisioned in 2043 and will be completed in 2045, there are 4 ships, so 1 every 2 years. it will be 2051 by the time all 4 are complete. This is a special class which are powerfull but few in number..
                  kl, this also means that we'll have to keep track of how many are destroyed...

Btw i'm gonna get started on the wandering wolf/ Swarm mini series soon and lets just say an old foe is going to be there along for the ride also contending with the swarm...

Comment

The Asgard have not changed in power and technology, they have changed in Society. They now are a nomadic people who use a Large City ship that was built by them in 2020. since then they have become much more powerfull because they are moving around in a city ship almost all the time, thier only official home is New london, where the City ship provides and Asgard Annex to the city once every 2 months.
                    The Asgard also have the ability to avoid war much better, they no longer fight themselves unless they are attacked but have changed thier stance on other races having their technology. They built our old fleet so that we could fight the war with the wraith on thier behalf, the Wriath started the war with the asgard by wiping out a colony that had been and had basicly completed a cure to their genetic flaws, dooming the asgard and therefore as thier last at they chose to give us the ability to fight in thier name.
                    The Asgard have less ships now than they used too, but those that they do have are of a superior quality and have more firepower. The Hammond and the Oniel and the Valkyrie and the Valhalla are well capable of defending the Asgard. The Valkyrie is an Asgard destroyer, which is about as powerfull as our warships. The Hammond is an upgrade to the Oniel and is a Command vessel that Escourts the Valhalla city ship on its 3 month trip around the asgard Domain. 200000 Asgard, which is 70% of the Asgard population live on Valhalla and its as powerfull as a lantian city ship. while a Oniel has 6 cannons, this ship has 30...it CAN take out or severely damage a superhive.
                    So yeah the Asgard did evolve in the last fleet..
                    sigpic
                    11000! green me

Comment

buba can you host your swarm model in the warehouse plz. that would be much appreciated tnx
                      Have you done your 20km ship btw ??

Comment

Originally posted by Extrenix View Post
                        buba can you host your swarm model in the warehouse plz. that would be much appreciated tnx
                        Have you done your 20km ship btw ??
                        lol, i'm finding it difficult to get my ships onto the website my computer doesn't seem to want to let me...as for my 20km ship i've decided against doing it it's pointless lol...

i've got one more ship for you to design for me, it's basically a swarm ship design for ground invasions, it's long and thin and it uses tech similar to Wraith culling beams to deploy ground troops and attack enemy regiments

Comment

ill see what I can do.
                          can you send it via msn ?

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                            but we'll cross that bridge if the constellation is voted in or we ahve a dreadnaught vote...did you have a hand in the constellations design?
                            Uhm..duh. o_0

Comment

Originally posted by Extrenix View Post
                              ill see what I can do.
                              can you send it via msn ?
                              no lol, i have to a webmessenger due to the crapness of my computer i may upload it to a file sharing website, i'll see what i can do, i'll let you know when it comes available

Comment

Uhm..so I'm all caught up with the latest posts, and I say we keep the dreadnoughts.

Comment

Working...
                                X