Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well really, what constitutes a religion? A large following, a religious building of some kind, and people who will pay to be a part of that religion.

I think the Jedi people are enough to create a religion .
    Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

true, i think on my next aplication form i will put Ori as mine lol see if anyone really reads that crap anyway lol

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
        Trust me, give it time. I'm sure someone will.
        I might take it upon myself to try it out at some point, because I like the concept so much.

Comment

Originally posted by essexgunner2003
          you mean to tell me that with all the knolage of the gaters noone has comeup with The Book of Origin?

how can i follow the path?

Because it's not real?

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
            Because it's not real?
            "Those who follow the path of righteousness shall be raised up high."

"Those who reject the path to enlightenment must be destroyed."

Comment

An In-Depth Analysis of the Ori Religion of Origin

The Ori
              Priors
              Book of Origin
              Ascension (enlightenment)
              The path of Origin
              Society under Origin
              Attitudes of Origin
              Quotes from the Book of Origin

The Ori
              The Ori are central to Origin. The Ori created all and according to Origin, down the path of Origin so that others could follow them to enlightenment. Origin demands that the Ori must be worshiped and that all must bow down and submit to their will.

"Life and death. Light and darkness. Hope and despair. The rift was created, and on that day, the Ori were born. But the hatred of those who strayed from the true path festered and bloomed in the dark corners of the Avernakis to which they had been cast! And consumed by this hatred, they poisoned all they touched, bringing death, darkness and despair. And the souls of their victims knew no peace, until the Ori came and whispered to them: "sleep, for the end draws near!" And on that day, all will rejoice, when the Ori come and lay them low."

Priors
              Priors are "beacons on the road to enlightenment". Priors are the enforcers of the will of the Ori and spread the word of the Ori to those who do not know of Origin. Priors can perform 'miracles', which they use to show the power of the Ori.

The Book of Origin
              The Book of Origin is another central aspect to Origin. The Book of Origin is the 'manual' of Origin, telling followers what the Ori require of them. The Ori path to enlightenment is laid out in the book of Origin.

Enlightenment
              Origin claims to be a 'path to enlightenment'. The Ori promise that they will ascend their followers when they die, to join them in elightenment. They claim that the Alterans are evil for not sharing the secrets of enlightenment with those beneath them and that the Ori wish to share their knowlage of the universe; all they ask is that believers follow the path that they have laid out.

The Path of Origin
              Origin is the religion of the Ori. The Ori use it to gain followers and power. The Ori claim that Origin is the path to enlightenment and that all who follow it will be rewarded with enlightenment when they die.

Origin demands worship of the Ori and the belief that the Ori created all. The icon of Origin is fire: symbolising heat and warmth.

The followers of Origin perform a cerimony called 'Prostration' regularly. Prostration involves worship of the Ori by chanting "all hallow the Ori" and "hallowed are the Ori". Prostration is presided over by the village administrators. Prostration can last a very long time.

A central tenet of Origin is that those who do not follow the path must be converted or destroyed. Is is the duty of a believer to convert or kill an unbeliever.

Society Under Origin
              Societies following Origin are governed by village administrators. Administrators run the village and preside over various Origin ceremonies. Administrators have a lot of power under Origin. They control their village making sure that the populace does not waver from the path and directing the duties of the village.

Followers of Origin are keen to root out heresy. Each Ori village has a stone structure called an Ara at it's center where heretics and unbelievers are chained and punishment is meted out. In an execution, flaming oil is poured onto the Ara and slowly channeled towards the condemned who are burned to death.

Ori follower level of society is similar to medieval Europe. They are kept at that level of technology to ensure loyalty but are given advanced capabilities by the Ori to kill the unbelievers when they need it. They are taught to depend on the Ori and not to think for themselves.

Attitudes of Origin
              Origin dictates that the Ori will provide for their followers in return for unquestioning faith. Doubt is a concept which is alien the followers of Origin.

"Ours is not to question, but to rejoice in their service, for they are perfection."

The Book of Origin says that "Adelenus chose to hunt the lion and was eaten by his prey" I interpret this to mean that Adelenus was a fool to choose to hunt the lion. You must accept the consequences of your own actions. As a result of this you must let the Ori make your choices for you, for "they are perfection" and if you let the Ori guide you you cannot go wrong. Humans are falliable, the Ori are not, so let the Ori guide you.

The Ori allow redemption. If you truly repent your sins and return to the path then you will be forgiven.

"Amica strayed from the path of enlightenment. He was forgiven, and was allowed back on the path."

"Hallowed are the children of the Ori."

"Those who seek the path to enlightenment must not be led astray!"

"Glorious are the Ori, who lead us to salvation, who did fight the evil that would doom us all to mortal sin. Did they defeat the old spirits and cast them out? And now, with the strength of our will, they do call upon us to prevail against the corruption of all unbelievers."

"Fear not the Ori, fear the darkness that would conceal the knowledge of the universe. Believe in the truth of all things, and you too may find the path to enlightenment."

"Guide us on the path that we may triumph over the enemy of our salvation and be with you in the end of ends on the planes of enlightenment."

"Those who abandon the path are evil."

"And the people shall deliver unto you the wicked for your divine judgment, where their sins shall be weighed in the balance of all that is just and true."

"Life and death, light and darkness, hope and despair. The rift was created, and on that day, the Ori were born."

"The hatred of those who strayed from the true path festered and bloomed in the dark corners of the Avernakis to which they have been cast!"

"Consumed by this hatred, they poisoned all they touched, bringing death, darkness and despair."

"The souls of their victims knew no peace, until the Ori came and whispered to them: 'Sleep, for the end draws near!' And on that day all will rejoice, when the Ori come and lay them low."

"Ours is not to question, but to rejoice in their service, for they are perfection."

"Priors are beacons on the road to enlightenment."

"Pity not the blind man, for he is hindered not by the visions of this world, but rather pity yourselves, for he will see the light before you do."

"The book of Origin tell us that enemies of the Ori will show no mercy in their attempt to lead us astray from the true path"

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made into dust."

"Then to Tyolus: say to the people of the low plains, seek not the wickedness amongst your neighbors lest it find purchase in your own house."

"As he lay there, dying in the sun, the sand of desert all around him, Petris spoke to the rock, not with his lips, but with his mind, and the rock wept tears of fresh water and his thirst was quenched."

"When Hannor Mir fell from above and learned to fly on the way down, that was a miracle."

"Amica strayed from the path of enlightenment. He was forgiven, and was allowed back on the path."

"Egidius of Valdair needed to speak things that could only be spoken in the light of the fire."

"Adelenus chose to hunt the lion and was eaten by his prey."

"The Ori fought the Alterans, to save their followers."

Comment

true, i think on my next aplication form i will put Ori as mine lol see if anyone really reads that crap anyway lol
                Jedi is a religion in the UK as well. In order to make a religion you need at least summat like 3000, 30000 (cant rememember which) peoplle to say they are of that religion and it becomes official. Crazy eh

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Scientist
                  An In-Depth Analysis of the Ori Religion of Origin

The Ori
                  Priors
                  Book of Origin
                  Ascension (enlightenment)
                  The path of Origin
                  Society under Origin
                  Attitudes of Origin

(snip)
                  Did you write this up for just this thread or is it taken from a website (then link please )?

The gateworld omnipedia summarizes the Book of Origin here.

Originally posted by WraithWarrior
                  Jedi is a religion in the UK as well. In order to make a religion you need at least summat like 3000, 30000 (cant rememember which) peoplle to say they are of that religion and it becomes official. Crazy eh
                  No it is not. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jedi_ce...land_and_Wales:
                  Jedi is still not recognised as an "official" religion in any nation where the movement took place, and in fact there is no such concept in the United Kingdom. However, it was assigned its own code in the United Kingdom for census processing: officials from the Office for National Statistics pointed out that this merely means that it has been registered as a common answer to the "religion" question. John Pullinger (Director of Reporting and Analysis for the Census) noted that many people who would otherwise not have completed a Census form did so solely to record themselves as Jedi, so this joke helped to improve the quality of the Census.
                  No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                  (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka
                    Did you write this up for just this thread or is it taken from a website (then link please )?
                    I wrote it up for another thread about the Book of Origin in the SG-1 series 10 forum.

Let me see ...

Here it is

The Book of Origin quotes are from Wikipedia's Ori article

Comment

i want be a follower !
                      Hallowed are the Ori !!!
                      Follow the path of the Enlightment !
                      Why Sg1 !!?? Why not me!!?? Why !!??

Comment

Originally posted by The_Fifth
                        i want be a follower !
                        Me too

Comment

No. . . . . . no.

See. . . 'cause Origin isn't real.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                            No. . . . . . no.

See. . . 'cause Origin isn't real.
                            Thats what they want you to believe by putting it on TV as if it were fake and fiction

Comment

its real dam it lol

Comment

I reckon the stargate producers should pay a group of people to actually spend a few months writing the book of Origin and make it as realistic and religious looking as possible! Does anyone know whether they are planning on making it? I want to buy it!!!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X