No announcement yet.

GateWorld Virtual Fleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah i understand totally what your saying, the whole point of this is to generate a good, well rounded, believable Fleet.
    I really think this is the next step for ships design on Gw, we have all bene getting ideas for designs and putting them on the various thread and they are not meaning anything more than that inspiration and the 'thats a great design'. A fleet however, that uses all of our designs, the best, and then translates that in to something that we can all use as a backdrop or as a working model for the future is something more worthwhile than just keep publishing designs once a month or so.
    Once i get the specs for all our classes then ill evaluate the fleet, probley with freya's mother and see if it need adjustment and then pass all the final thing on to the modeling people. From that point its up to those guys to make it visual, and ill come up with some kind of storyline to put the fleet in to.
    Then tactics, battle plan,formations etc will flow on from those things hopefully. Im really enjoying this fleet stuff
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

yea me too. this is my new fav thread. im just working in my serpant class modle at the moment, it seems to be comming along nicly but it is nothing compared to JQ's stuff so we probably wont use it. soon i may do a quick ms paint of a space station just for somthing to base the fleet around. once we have done this im quite up for helping someone out with maby a short fan fiction story. i think where the uber ship is concered i dont realy like the idea of having a fanwank ship in it. however i do think we should have a huge command ship that has only slightly better weapons but still belivable that is a mother ship to all the others but that issue should be addressed last. i think when doing this we have to ignor the fact that earth would not be able to build a fleet this large in that time because it is a large fleet and there would be much better tech by the time they finished it.i love all fo the ships that are going in to it and i think its going to be a great project.

Comment

oh sorry from the list you posted originaly i vote that we get rid of:

-F-322 Starfire by Seastallion
        -FIX-403

all the others are good and i think should stay.

Comment

Originally posted by JRPR
          oh sorry from the list you posted originaly i vote that we get rid of:

-F-322 Starfire by Seastallion
          -FIX-403

all the others are good and i think should stay.
          Okay, so I guess we're going with the you vote to get rid of something method.

Best Stargate quote:
          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
          Green is your friend.

Comment

i vote:
            -F-302 Heavy Variant by mburrows

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas Quiinn
              i vote:
              -F-302 Heavy Variant by mburrows
              To eliminate, yes?

Best Stargate quote:
              Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
              Green is your friend.

Comment

Ok im going to post the ships i considder to be my best and the ones you may be interested in. i have no ideas if they are on the list or not. i changed the amount of weapons on the serpant class to make it a little more belivable.

-F 307 Constrictor class:

Type: gun ship/light drop ship
                Technology Base: Earth/Asgard/Goauld
                Hull: Titanium/trinium Alloy with Carbon composites
                Dimensions:
                -Length: 25m
                -Width: 15m
                -Height: 5m
                Crew: gun ship=6 Drop ship=6 with capacity for 20 passengers
                Powerplant: Naquadah Generator
                Engines:
                ion-based sublight drives
                Anti-gravity wave generators
                Weapons:
                -4 remote controled light coil guns (gunship=1000 rounds each drop ship=200 rounds each)
                -2 fixed foward fireing light coil guns 1000 rounds each
                -Gunship= 20 sidewinder air to air missles. dropship= 4 hellfire bunker buster missles
                Defenses:
                -Inert Naquadah Plating in certain areas
                -Asgard designed shields

This ship was designed to give consderable support to the F 302 in air to air combat. due to the advanced and complex tech that it uses there are only a fue 307s that came of eh production line .It was also designed to carry out the roles of a drop ship. In the drop ship version many of the amunition boxes and missles are removed to allow more room for people. Also there are 4 hellfire missles added to help clear out landing zones. the 307 does feature a shielding device however it is considerably week, it also uses small ion drives alowing it to perform verticle take off and landing, using the shield and verticle take of and landing function is a considerable drain on power. The 307 is very manueverable but cannot match up to the smaller F 302. 1 pilot flyes the ship and has controlle of the 2 fixed coil guns and missles. Another person controlles secondary systems and 4 others control the remote coil guns.

-BC-305 'Serpant' class

Type: Battle Cruser
                Hull: Titanium/titanium Alloy with Carbon composites
                Dimensions:
                -Length: 150m
                -Width: 80m
                -Height: 40m
                Crew: 50
                Powerplant: Mk. IV Naquadah Generator
                Engines:
                advanced hyperspace window generator
                Two advanced ion-based sublight drives
                Next genaraton advanced Anti-gravity wave generators
                Weapons:
                -1 fixed forward firing heavy coil guns 10000 rounds
                -2 remote controled medium coil guns 10000 rounds each
                -16 tactical naquada enhanced nuclear warheads
                -1 gate buster class space mine (as it could have helped by laying some near the event horizon of the super gate in camalot)
                Defenses:
                -Asgard designed shields
                Other tech:
                -Sensor masking counter measures (when the counter measures are activated the ship starts giving of false dummy ship signitures in different positions around the enemy ship making it harder to get a lock on the real ship)
                -AFC (adaptable flight computer) This is a state of the art computer that is intagrated in to the sensor, comunicational and flight systems. It has tactical, evasive and aggresive manuevers programed in to the system. It is highly inteligent and is able to analyse enemy attack patterns and formulate an evasive pattern to counter it.
                -Asgard sensor tech
                -Asgard Beeming tech
                -Gou'ald rings

A brief technical history:
                -The BC 305 project codenamed 'Serpant' began in 2006 to attempt to counter the Ori threat. A group project between the British, French and American govornment to maximise productivity. After the korlev was destrodyed at the hands of the ori it was clear that a faster more manueverable ships were needed.

It has been made clear that the ori ships main weapon is a slow fireing directed weapon. The BC 305 manages this in several ways. First of all it has advanced anti grav wave genarators to alow it to perform more complex sharp manuevers. Also as the oir ships must be facing the target to shoot at it it 305 features advanced sublight drives to help out manuever and get behind the Ori ships.

The sensor masking countermeasures take advantage of the fact that an ori ship can only fire on one vessle at a time, the countermeasures make the probability of a direct hit to the ship much lower. Finaly the advanced flight computer, once activated it will continuously scan the ori vessle to detect a weapon power up, once it detacts that the weapon is about to be discarged it will alter direction and begin evasive flight to dodge the energy blast.

This ship was designed to be used in small swarms as a single 305 can only have limited effect on an ori ships shield. The international involvement alows greater amounts of these ships to be built in a shorter amount of time.

befor you slate it its a work in progress.

and last but by no meens least

-DSC 308 longsword

Type: Deep space carrier
                Dimensions:
                -Length: 470m
                -Width: 200m
                -Height: 80m
                Crew: 200
                Powerplant: 4 Mk. IV Naquadah Generator
                Engines:
                Four advanced ion-based sublight drives
                Support craft:
                -48 F-302s
                -24 F-307s
                Weapons:
                -10 double barreled heavy coil guns 10000 rounds each
                -44 remote controled light coil guns 10000 rounds each
                -40 naquada enhanced nuclear warheads
                Defenses:
                -Advanced Asgard designed shields
                Other tech:
                -AFC (adaptable flight computer)
                -Asgard sensor tech
                -Asgard Beeming tech
                -Gou'ald rings

The first of this line of ships rolled off the production line in 2010 when it was decided that there was a need for a ship with a greater fighter capacity that the 304. As the F-307s have verticle takeoff and landing there is a second hanger doar located on top of the hanger bay for the 307s. All of the hanger openings have bulkhead doars but also when in a battle situation a teporary shield is activated over the opening alowing craft to take off whilst people opperate insid the hanger. As there will be multiple craft being lanched and landing on the ship there is a comand point on top of each hanger to monitor the craft alot like an air trafic control center. The longsword was not designed to go in to battle on its own and would only go in to a danger zone acompanied by a battle ship meaning that it has limited offensive capabilities and the main coil guns are only to desencorage a ship from attacking, however the ship does have good defensive capabilities with many point defence coil guns. it was decided that more power should be put in to defence as there is no point in having a fighter carrier when there is no carrier left fo the fighters to go back to.

i did do another battleship but i dont know if its anygood but you can find it here http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=25173&page=13 post 251

also the first ever ship i did was kinda fanwank and should not be used but is the sort of thing i meen when i say capital shiphttp://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=25173&page=11 its the 204th post

if anyone wants to take any of my ideas and run with it feel free. my modling skills are extremly limited so if you wish to do a version of one of my ships go for it
                Last edited by JRPR; 05 July 2006, 04:29 PM.

Comment

good designs. i like the battleship concept design, well done

Comment

Immhotep, I've found all of the others that you were unable to find.

Here's the full list people:

Carriers
                    The DSC-308 Longsword by JRPR
                    Spoiler:

DSC 308 longsword

Type: Deep space carrier
                    Dimensions:
                    -Length: 470m
                    -Width: 200m
                    -Height: 80m
                    Crew: 200
                    Powerplant: 4 Mk. IV Naquadah Generator
                    Engines:
                    Four advanced ion-based sublight drives
                    Support craft:
                    -48 F-302s
                    -24 F-307s (see page 14 of this tread for my f-307 design and specs)
                    Weapons:
                    -10 double barreled heavy coil guns 1000 rounds each
                    -44 remote controled light coil guns 1000 rounds each
                    -40 naquada enhanced nuclear warheads
                    Defenses:
                    Other tech:
                    -AFC (adaptable flight computer)
                    -Asgard sensor tech
                    -Asgard Beeming tech
                    -Gou'ald rings

Ships of the line
                    Tegalus
                    History(reason for existence):

Battlecarriers
                    DSBC-401 By Freyr's Mother
                    Spoiler:
                    DSBC-401
                    (Deep Space Battle Carrier)

Price: $ 6 Billion

Hull: Naquadah, Carbon, Trinium, Neutronium alloy

Size: 2x Size of DSC-304

Sub-light Propulsion: 10 Sub-light engines (Standard DSC sub-light system)

Power: Standard Asgard Power source, 48 Mark III Naquadah Generators provide secondary power

Hyperdrive: Asgard Hyperdrive

Shields: Top of the line Asgard shields (The one's they have on the O'Neill class ships)

Fighter compliment: 64 F-302's, 2 Puddlejumpers (fully loaded with drones)

The fighter bays will be two times as wide and two times as long. There are 16 F-302's on the top deck and 16 F-302's on the lower deck. Both hangars are utilized. The fighter elevator can lift up to four F-302's from the lower deck to the top deck at once. Since the DSBC-401 is 2x as wide, 2 F-302's will be able to take off at the same time from one hangar.

In the event that a conflict must end quickly, all F-302's will make hyperspace jumps to a position determined by the ship commander. If the puddlejumpers on board have been deployed (or if there are any at all) the ship can quickly pick them up or the jumpers can cloak and be retrieved later.

Offensive/defensive weapons: 10 Main Railguns, 20 anti-fighter railguns, 128 Mark VIII's, 10 Mark IX Gatebusters.

The Mark IX Gatebusters are not only used for vaporizing stargates, but for any other purpose that the commander of the ship deems necessary. The ten Mark XI silos are located right in front of the bridge.

There is a new upgrade on the Mark VIII's that made them shorter so we can accomodate more missiles. There will be a second layer of missiles under the first one. Once the ship has fired all the missiles in it's first layer, it will begin with the second. Since the DSBC-401 is 2x the size of the DSBC-304, it will accomodate two more rows of missile silos (two more of the things I circled in red)

Other goodies: Asgard Long-range sensors, Asgard Long-range communications unit, Multiple Asgard Beaming sensors on the ships hull, multiple internal asgard beaming sensors, Self-destruct, fighter bay shields.

The self-destruct command can only be given by the commander. When this command is given, all fighters and jumpers will be launched and will fly as far away from the impending explosion as possible. The self destruct will overload the asgard generator, all of the naquadah generators, and detonate all remaining nukes at once.

Background: The asgard were nice enough to give us the chemical formula for the alloy that the hull is comprised of, along with enough Neutronium to complete the first ship in the series. They then provided us with locations of known Neutronium deposits so we may mine the stuff ourselves.

When our commanders realized that the current DSC-304's were not cutting it, in terms of shielding, firepower, and fighter support, they drew up the plans for the DSBC-401. It was designed with the purpose of heavy fire support and assult on enemy strongholds, and defense against enemy attacks on off world bases.DSBC-401
                    (Deep Space Battle Carrier)

Price: $ 6 Billion

Hull: Naquadah, Carbon, Trinium, Neutronium alloy

Size: 2x Size of DSC-304

Sub-light Propulsion: 10 Sub-light engines (Standard DSC sub-light system)

Power: Standard Asgard Power source, 48 Mark III Naquadah Generators provide secondary power

Hyperdrive: Asgard Hyperdrive

Shields: Top of the line Asgard shields (The one's they have on the O'Neill class ships)

Fighter compliment: 64 F-302's, 2 Puddlejumpers (fully loaded with drones)

The fighter bays will be two times as wide and two times as long. There are 16 F-302's on the top deck and 16 F-302's on the lower deck. Both hangars are utilized. The fighter elevator can lift up to four F-302's from the lower deck to the top deck at once. Since the DSBC-401 is 2x as wide, 2 F-302's will be able to take off at the same time from one hangar.

In the event that a conflict must end quickly, all F-302's will make hyperspace jumps to a position determined by the ship commander. If the puddlejumpers on board have been deployed (or if there are any at all) the ship can quickly pick them up or the jumpers can cloak and be retrieved later.

Offensive/defensive weapons: 10 Main Railguns, 20 anti-fighter railguns, 128 Mark VIII's, 10 Mark IX Gatebusters.

The Mark IX Gatebusters are not only used for vaporizing stargates, but for any other purpose that the commander of the ship deems necessary. The ten Mark XI silos are located right in front of the bridge.

There is a new upgrade on the Mark VIII's that made them shorter so we can accomodate more missiles. There will be a second layer of missiles under the first one. Once the ship has fired all the missiles in it's first layer, it will begin with the second. Since the DSBC-401 is 2x the size of the DSBC-304, it will accomodate two more rows of missile silos (two more of the things I circled in red)

Other goodies: Asgard Long-range sensors, Asgard Long-range communications unit, Multiple Asgard Beaming sensors on the ships hull, multiple internal asgard beaming sensors, Self-destruct, fighter bay shields.

The self-destruct command can only be given by the commander. When this command is given, all fighters and jumpers will be launched and will fly as far away from the impending explosion as possible. The self destruct will overload the asgard generator, all of the naquadah generators, and detonate all remaining nukes at once.

Background: The asgard were nice enough to give us the chemical formula for the alloy that the hull is comprised of, along with enough Neutronium to complete the first ship in the series. They then provided us with locations of known Neutronium deposits so we may mine the stuff ourselves.

When our commanders realized that the current DSC-304's were not cutting it, in terms of shielding, firepower, and fighter support, they drew up the plans for the DSBC-401. It was designed with the purpose of heavy fire support and assult on enemy strongholds, and defense against enemy attacks on off world bases.

Battleships
                    The BS-101 (Battleship) by deadman
                    Spoiler:
                    (Battle Ship) BS-101
                    Dimensions
                    -length: 250 meters
                    -width: 150 metes
                    -decks: 20 (3 meters each)

Power
                    -First Generation Tauri Ion Reactor

Hull
                    -Double Triquadium Alloy (Trinium + Titanium + inert Naquada)
                    -1/2' Carbon Fiber Plating (adds level of stealth)

Shields
                    -Upgraded Asgard Ion Shielding

Propulsion
                    -Asgard Hyperdrive Window Generator (2 Thrusters)
                    -Ion Sublight Drive (4 Thrusters)
                    -Anti-Gravity Wave Generator

Offensive Weapons
                    -Twin Frontal 50 meter Coil Guns (10 Naquada enhanced nukes each)
                    -Reverse Engineered Ion Cannons (originally Anubis')
                    -20 Nuke Silos (2 rows of 10 lining ship's neck like Daedalus')
                    -Nuclear Missile Torpedo Bays
                    -Coil Guns

BS-365 Telemakhos Class Battleship by deadman
                    Spoiler:
                    BS-365 Telemakhos Class

Dimensions
                    -length 375 meters
                    -width 200 meters
                    -hieght 75 meters

Hull, Decks, and Crew
                    -double Triquadium Alloy Hull
                    -35 decks
                    -20 crew
                    -capacity 150

Power
                    -First Generation Tauri Ion Reactor

Propulsion
                    -Asgard Hyperdrive Window Generator (2 long engines)
                    -Ion Sublight Drive (4 engines)

Shields
                    -Newer Asgard Class

Weapons
                    -2 Frontal 100 Meter Naquada Warhead Coil Guns (10 nukes each)
                    -4 Frontal 50 Meter Naquada-tipped Shell Coil Guns
                    -8 Dual High Caliber Coil Guns
                    -2 dozen anti-aircraft coil guns
                    -reversed engineered Ha'tak Plasma Cannon
                    -Nuke silos (located on back of ship

Backround
                    Project began in 2007 to better deal with ship to ship combat, the Telemakhos is the final product. This is our first ship to use Goa'uld style Plasma cannons which we reversed engineered from Free Jaffa Nation Ha'taks.

This ship is meant to compliment the 304s ship hangar with it's improved weapon systems.

Best Stargate quote:
                    Green is your friend.

Comment

Battlecruisers
                      BC-305 Serpant Class
                      Spoiler:
                      BC-305 'Serpant' class
                      Type: Battle Cruiser
                      Hull: Titanium/titanium Alloy with Carbon composites
                      Dimensions:
                      -Length: 150m
                      -Width: 80m
                      -Height: 40m
                      Crew: 50
                      Powerplant: Mk. IV Naquadah Generator
                      Engines:
                      Next genaraton advanced Anti-gravity wave generators
                      Weapons:
                      -6 fixed forward firing heavy coil guns 1000 rounds each
                      -4 remote controled light coil guns 1000 rounds each
                      -24 tactical naquada enhanced nuclear warheads
                      -1 gate buster class space mine (as it could have helped by laying some near the event horizon of the super gate in camalot)
                      Defenses:
                      -Asgard designed shields
                      Other tech:
                      -Sensor masking counter measures (when the counter measures are activated the ship starts giving of false dummy ship signitures in different positions around the enemy ship making it harder to get a lock on the real ship)
                      -AFC (adaptable flight computer) This is a state of the art computer that is intagrated in to the sensor, comunicational and flight systems. It has tactical, evasive and aggresive manuevers programed in to the system. It is highly inteligent and is able to analyse enemy attack patterns and formulate an evasive pattern to counter it.
                      -Asgard sensor tech
                      -Asgard Beeming tech
                      -Gou'ald rings

A brief technical history:
                      -The BC 305 project codenamed 'Serpant' began in 2006 to attempt to counter the Ori threat. A group project between the British, French and American govornment to maximise productivity. After the korlev was destrodyed at the hands of the ori it was clear that a faster more manueverable ships were needed.

It has been made clear that the ori ships main weapon is a slow fireing directed weapon. The BC 305 manages this in several ways. First of all it has advanced anti grav wave genarators to alow it to perform more complex sharp manuevers. Also as the oir ships must be facing the target to shoot at it it 305 features advanced sublight drives to help out manuever and get behind the Ori ships.

The sensor masking countermeasures take advantage of the fact that an ori ship can only fire on one vessle at a time, the countermeasures make the probability of a direct hit to the ship much lower. Finaly the advanced flight computer, once activated it will continuously scan the ori vessle to detect a weapon power up, once it detacts that the weapon is about to be discarged it will alter direction and begin evasive flight to dodge the energy blast.

This ship was designed to be used in small swarms as a single 305 can only have limited effect on an ori ships shield. The international involvement alows greater amounts of these ships to be built in a shorter amount of time.

Cruisers
                      Andrew Joshua Talon's Gladius Class Cruiser
                      Spoiler:
                      Gladius-class Cruiser

~Type: Advanced small hyperspace capable warship
                      ~Technology Base: Tollan/Asgard
                      ~Dimensions:
                      Length - 89 meters
                      Beam - 36 meters
                      Draft - 18 meters
                      ~Crew: Can be run entirely by computer in planetary-defense role; In manned role only requires two personnel to run. Maximum capacity: 50
                      ~Powerplant: Tollan energy generator
                      ~Engines:
                      Inertialess Drive
                      Asgard Hyperdrive
                      ~Weapons:
                      2 x Tollan Ion Cannons
                      1 x Phase Bomb Launcher
                      ~Defenses:
                      Tollan Phase Device
                      Asgard Shields
                      ~Other Technology:
                      Tollan/Asgard sensors
                      Goa'uld Rings

Technical and Historical Notes

To the best of the SGC's knowledge, the Tollan were wiped out by Anubis in the year 2002 after they failed to honor their agreement to build the Gou'ald advanced weapons for use against the galaxy. However, later information would reveal that the Tollan had indeed survived the assault on their world, in one of the most elaborate deceptions ever conceived by humans.

Tanith would later report to his master, Anubis, that their assault on Tollana had left no survivors, but Narim, as the acting head of the Tollan Nation, had secretly phase-shifted the majority of the population into deep, underground bunkers the Tollan had discovered abandoned on Tollana when they first settled there. The bunkers had been used by some long-dead race, apparently to hide from invaders, and was shielded with high concentrations of lead and other sensor-obscuring minerals. The long-dead race, however, had apparently died because of the lead that protected them, but the Tollan were able to prevent this for their own people while hiding from the Gou'ald.

Narim's final transmissions to the SGC were a nessecary ruse while the Tollan sent up many of their ships on autopilot and had what amounted to a "skeleton population" fighting and dying on the surface. Narim and the last of the defenders appeared to die when the Goa'uld's final blow struck, but they too had descended into the bunkers, before leaving through a secondary Stargate, and remaining hidden for over four years while their world was occupied and ransacked by the Gou'ald.

In this time, on New Tollana, the Tollan began to rebuild their society, hidden from everyone (even their allies, the Tau'ri) until they could mount an effective defense and offense against the Gou'ald, unaware in their isolation that SG-1 had succeeded in defeating them. Finally, in 2006, the Tollan made contact with the Tau'ri once more and renewed their alliance-This time, offering help in enhancing the technology the SGC already had and offering military support, rather than simply smugly telling the Tau'ri they were too primitive for such help.

The Gladius-class cruiser, resembling the sword used by the Romans from whom the Tollan are descended, utilizes the most advanced Tollan technology. While very small ships, the Gladius are able to engage and defeat vessels many times their size. Able to phase-shift through an enemy vessel's shields and hull, the Gladius can deploy a single high-yield bomb and phase shift again to escape destruction. With it's twin, second-generation Tollan ion cannons, the Gladius can destroy late-model Goa'uld motherships with several shots, and easily escape destruction with either it's phase-shift technology or Asgard shields.

The ships can be set to run completely automated, and several in this mode form New Tollana's first line of defense. However, a number of these ships, manned by a full crew, have been assisting the Tau'ri and the Free Jaffa Nation against the Ori, giving the allies a badly needed boost against the onslaught of these extra-galactic invaders.

Serenity Class Cruiser by Andrew Joshua Talon
                      Spoiler:
                      Serenity-class cruiser
                      ~Type: Medium hyperspace capable warship
                      ~Technology Base: Tau'ri/Asgard
                      ~Length: 220 meters
                      ~Beam: 60 meters
                      ~Draft: 88 meters
                      ~Decks: 12
                      ~Displacement: 9,496 tons (normal Earth gravity)
                      ~Construction: Trinium/composite hull.
                      ~Crew: 96 (Maximum Capacity: 200)
                      ~Powerplant: Two Mk. III naquada reactors
                      ~Propulsion:
                      Two advanced hyperspace window generators
                      ~Weapons:
                      100 x PVLS variable ordnance missile launchers
                      1 x 155mm coil gun cannon x 500 rounds.
                      2 x 105mm coil gun cannons x 1,000 rounds each
                      4 x 500 MW point defense laser pulse cannons
                      2 x Puddlejumpers/Tel'tacs
                      ~Defenses:
                      Asgard shields
                      Cloaking device
                      Reactive hull armor
                      Inert naquada armor in key areas
                      ~Other technology:
                      Asgard transporter and sensor technology
                      Gou'ald Rings

Technical and Historical Notes

Designed as a large, fast attack vessel, the Serenity-class cruiser
                      was first commissioned a month after the devastating Battle of the
                      Supergate. Built quickly and simply, the Serenity is nevertheless a
                      powerful and revolutionary starship.

Firstly, the Serenity has her anti-gravity wave generators integrated throughout her aircraft-like hull, making the cruiser far faster
                      and more manueverable, as well as much harder to disable. Secondly,
                      to save money her main armament of coil guns were integrated into the
                      hull as well, but made their firing rates twice as fast without having to
                      send ordnance through a turret. Thirdly, inert naquada armor was bult
                      around her vital areas from the start of her construction, not tacked on
                      after the fact. And fourthly, her use of two main reactors instead of
                      one gave her much more reserve power for use in combat.

Her ion drives are a new, advanced design developed by Lockheed
                      Martin, and feature thrust vectoring, making her very agile.

Serenity's hyperdrives are also new, incorporating some of the
                      Ancient knowledge that then-Colonel Jack O'Neill of SG-1 used to
                      modify a Tel'tak. While the uprated Tel'tac was destroyed, the data on
                      it's modifications remained and was finally introduced (on a much
                      smaller scale) to the Serenity. Still, even this minor application
                      makes Serenity twice as fast as a Daedalus-class starship in
                      hyperspace, and gives her a much longer range.

However, while the Serenity is indeed a powerful starship, she is
                      not built to slug it out with enemy vessels in melee action, as her
                      construction is nearly 50% composite. Interceptions, swift strikes,
                      patrols, surprise attacks, and fleet support are her intended roles. Her
                      cargo space is very limited, making her less than ideal for supply runs
                      to the Pegasus Galaxy despite her speed. And most of her internal
                      space is taken up by her weapon, engine, and sensor systems, leaving
                      many of her crew in relatively cramped quarters. Still, Serenity's
                      merits are obvious and more than make up for her minor flaws. She is
                      a fighting ship, meant for high-speed manuevers, death-defying
                      strikes, and gutwrenching missions. And above all, meant to bring her
                      crew home safely.

Helios class cruiser by Wraith Scientist
                      Spoiler:
                      ]Helios-Class Cruiser

Shaped like a hexagonal prism - simple to build and narrow profile head-on

Unshielded. Usually the magnetic cannon will disable enemy ships before they come into firing range, and extended missile bombardment is lethal. Also, the ships are resistant to fragmentation and can survive quite a bit of damage (ie. they don't act like they've been packed with dynamite like most sci-fi ships) or at least enough damage until the crew can get to the lifepods (on the underside).

Designed for maximum durability. Heavily armoured with isolated compartments to reduce risk of depressurisation. Structurally sound with honeycombed hull reinforcement.

Powered by deuterium fusion reactor.

The bridge is burried deep inside the ship behind thick reinforced armour and hull, rather than vunerably exposed.

Missile pods down the sides. Each missile pod carries hundreds of missiles. The ship is capable of unleashing a rapid barrage of missiles when turned side-on to an enemy ship/battle group which can quickly rip all but the most heavily armoured/shielded ship to pieces.

Missile pods reinforced and covered by heavy doors on the surface of the ship to prevent accidental detonation of missile payload.

Heavy magnetic cannon (linear coilgun/railgun hybrid) runs parallel to the fusion reactor. Slow rate of fire but fires devastating ferrous-tungsten projectiles capable of severely damaging enemy ships and overloading shields. Can fire in short, fast bursts of up to three rounds at reduced power.

When firing the main cannon, the engines flare to compensate for the recoil.

No unnecessarily advanced equipment. Standard engines and hyperdrive. No asgard teleporters etc.

Able to be mass produced quickly at low cost

Best Stargate quote:
                      Green is your friend.

Comment

Destroyers
                        Andrew Joshua Talon's Abydos Class Destroyer
                        Spoiler:
                        Abydos-class Starship

Type: Small long-range hyperspace capable warship
                        Technology base: Earth/Asgard
                        User/s: United States Navy, United States Air Force, Royal Navy/Air Force, Russian Space Service
                        Naval Classification: Destroyer/Light Cruiser
                        Dimensions:
                        ~Length: 124m (406 feet)
                        ~Width: 36m (118 feet)
                        ~Height: 42m (137 feet)
                        Displacement: 1,800 tons
                        Crew: 29
                        ~Troops: 60
                        ~Craft: Two Tel'tac cargo/scout ships or two Puddlejumpers.
                        ~Vehicles: 6 (four Humvees, two LAVs)
                        Powerplant: Mk. III Naquada Reactor
                        Engines:
                        ~Six ion-based sublight drives
                        ~Three hyperspace window generators
                        ~Antigravity wave generator network
                        Weapons:
                        ~Ten Mk. II six-cell retractable missile clips
                        ~Eight Point Defense Pulse Laser cannons
                        ~One 155mm coilgun
                        Defenses:
                        ~Asgard shields
                        ~Cloaking Device
                        ~Reactive armor plating
                        Other Technology:
                        ~Asgard transporters
                        ~Asgard sensors
                        ~Gou'ald Rings

Technical and Historical Notes:

After the launch of the BC-304 Daedalus, the United States military issued a requirement (top secret) for a smaller starship class to supplement the new battlecruisers that would begin coming off the assembly line. The vessel would have to be smaller, cheaper, and more maneuverable than the Daedalus, but be able to deploy near-equal firepower against threat ships and installations.

The United States Navy, already involved in constructing the BC-304 and teaching the Air Force how to run ships, immediately recalled Commander R. Doyle Gillespie back from retirement. He had been involved in designing the next-generation of United States attack submarine, and with his unique background in mathmatics and command, was perfect to run such a program.

With the threat of the Goa'uld largely eliminated, Commander Gillespie believed that now was a good time for the development and testing of new technologies in the new ship class (codenamed X-305), as there was no rush to get more ships into the air with what they had. Drawing up a design based on current Navy vessels in development, the vessel would only use trinium in 60% of it's construction, cutting it's cost considerably. The project, now codenamed "Abydos", was approved by the Senate Appropriations Committee and began work in a secure drydock near the old submarine base in Charleston, South Carolina.

The design of the X-305 was based heavily upon the RV Triton, and the Arleigh Burke-class guided missile destroyer. A tri-hull configuration, already used to good effect by the Daedalus, would also form the foundation for the X-305. Taking the engines, shields, powerplant, and basic systems from the BC-304 program, the X-305's true innovations were in weaponry, versatility, and overall performance.

Rather than using vertical-launch tubes for it's missiles, the X-305 used new technology intended for future attack submarine-Retractable weapons clips on the sides of the vessel. Essentially "swing-out" launchers, the clips were housed inside the outer edge of the hull, and with a simple release mechanism would turn outwards, exposing it's six missiles in their individual cells for launch. The clips would launch the missiles at a slight angle away from the hull, and properly spaced, a ship could launch it's entire payload without difficulty. The weapon of choice would be the new Mk. VIIb naquada-enhanced missile system, which featured a modest, cheap inertial dampening unit that greatly improved the missile's acceleration and maneuverability. The X-305 could also carry modified AMRAAM, Sea Sparrow, and Harpoon missiles in it's clips. This gave the small ship a total of 60 weapons, a very heavy armament. However, unlike the BC-304, the X-305 would be forced to return to base to reload after expending it's missiles from it's tubes. Reloading them from within the ship is impractical.

Along with new, short-range pulse laser cannons (the BC-304s stuck with reliable rail guns) for defense, the X-305 was given the first practical coil gun (or mass driver), built with help from the Asgard. Capable of firing naquada-tipped, depleted uranium shells at a million meters a second, the coil gun would be the weapon of choice against the X-305's intended prey-Al'kesh and other small threat force starships. Each shot would equal roughly a kiloton of explosive force in kinetic energy alone, and with the modest naquada enhancement, the coil gun could do some damage even against Ha'tak-class motherships.

To save money, the X-305's hull was plated in reactive armor, instead of trinium. The armor explodes outward when struck by weapon's fire, disappating up to 60% of the energy of the hit. With key areas of the vessel reinforced with trinium, and the use of Asgard shields and a cloaking device, the X-305 (christened Abydos) would prove a formidable weapon.

Now designated SDD-305 (Space Destroyer), the Abydos-class starship will soon enter full-scale production, largely under the management of the US Navy (though the USAF has requested a few). The Russian Space Service and the Royal Air Force/Navy have expressed interest in the design as well, and may soon begin production of their own SDD-305s.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...n/abydos3a.jpg
                        http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...abydos3b_a.jpg

Milleniumlance's DDX-306 /Unity-class Advanced Destroyer
                        Spoiler:
                        DDX-306 /Unity-class Advanced Destroyer

Type: Small medium-range hyperspace capable warship
                        Technology base: Earth/Asgard
                        Nations: United States Navy, United States Air Force, Royal Navy/Air Force, Russian Space Service, Canadian Air Force
                        Naval Classification: Advanced Destroyer /Light Cruiser
                        Hull: Titanium/Steel, Carbon composites, Trinium in areas of importance[bridge,engineering etc]
                        Decks: Nine
                        Dimensions:
                        ~Length: 150m
                        ~Width: 45m
                        ~Height: 50m
                        Displacement: 2,800 tons
                        Crew: 35
                        ~SG Teams: 1
                        ~Troops: 40
                        ~Craft: Six Tel'tac cargo ships, Puddlejumpers or F-302As
                        ~Vehicles: 4 Humvees, 8 UGV mobile defense platforms
                        Powerplant: Mk. III Naquadah Reactor/ Mk. II Naquadah Generator backup
                        Engines:
                        ~Five ion-based sublight drives
                        ~Two hyperspace window generators
                        ~Antigravity Wave Generator
                        Weapons:
                        ~Ten Mk. II 15mm Point Defense Railguns/ 6000 rounds each
                        ~One 40 round retractable turreted MRM Pod/ Reloadable Naquidah enhanced missiles
                        ~Three triple barrel 180mm Heavy railguns/ Experimental Potassium/Naquidah Explosive rounds
                        ~One VLS/ Firing 4 Mk. IX Gatebuster/Anti-Ori Nuclear Missiles-/can be transported outside enemy shields
                        Defenses:
                        ~Asgard shields/ remodulated for directed energy weapons-Unity can take two direct hits before failure
                        ~Reactive Armor
                        Other Technology:
                        ~Asgard transporters
                        ~Asgard sensors
                        ~Gou'ald Rings/ New security protocol to prevent unauthorized transports

The Unity Class Advanced Destroyer is designed to be a low cost, hard hitting escort for the more expensive and difficult to produce BC-304 Daedalus class. The ship class name Unity was chosen because this would be the first Earth vessel to be untilized by all members of the Stargate Treaty. Its small size and use of earth made alloys and composite materials makes it ideal for large scale production globally. Six vessels are expected to be ready by the end of 2007 and Nine by the end of 2008. At a pricetag of roughly 4 billion dollars the Unity class is far more affordable than the venerable Daedalus Class...

After the failure to stop the Ori's second beachhead and the destruction of several Free Jaffa Nation and Tauri capital ships by the Ori's Directed Energy Beams it was sermised that a smaller, faster vessel that could stay out of the main weapons firing arc would be able to "overwhelm" the Ori vessels shields with heavy volleys of fire. The tactic for fighting is hit and run move in against firing arcs and firing heavy guns and MRMs while the 304s fight the enemy head on.

DCV-507 Destroyer Class Vessel by deadman
                        Spoiler:
                        DCV-507 Destroyer Class Vessel
                        Dimensions
                        -length: 350 meters
                        -width: 125 meters
                        -hieght: 90 meters
                        -decks: 30

Power
                        -Asgard Design Reactor

Propulsion
                        -Interstellar Hyperdrive
                        -Ion Sublight Drive

Main Battery
                        -Dual Frontal 200 meter Coil Guns with Naquada Enhanced Warhead Rounds
                        -5 rounds per gun
                        -Goa'uld Design Energy Cannon (reversed engineered at Area 51 after 6 yrs)

Other Weapons
                        -Rail Guns (Tank Shell Rounds)
                        -Nuclear Missiles
                        -Anti Aircraft Missiles

Technology
                        -Deep Space Scanners
                        -Subspace Communications
                        -Asgard Transport

Best Stargate quote:
                        Green is your friend.

Comment

Frigates
                          Henry H. Arnold Class Cruiser __-308 cruiser by cooky
                          Spoiler:
                          Henry H. Arnold Class Cruiser
                          __-308 cruiser

Length 149m
                          Width 90m
                          Hight 28m

FTL: 304 class hyperdrive/main generator.
                          Defenses: Modified 304 class defense shield.
                          Capital ship weapons: 18 vertical launch missle silos. 3 main rail guns (same as 304's main guns)
                          Point defense weapons: 10 anti-fighter rail guns. 2 RAM launcher systems each armed with 21 block 2 space capable missles.
                          Crew: 52

The 308 class cruiser was designed in '08-'09. Intended primarilly to serve as an anti-fighter gunship, the 308 class vessels were the first capital star ships to incorporate a modified AEGIS class weapons control system, specially designed for use in space warfare. This gives the 308 class cruiser a powerfull anti-fighter capability. The addition of 3 large calibure rail guns equivilant to a 304's main guns and 18 vert. launch missile silos give the 308 a potent anti-capital ship capability as well.

The first 308, named after Air Force General Henry H. Arnold was comission in January 2010. It first saw combat two months later when it engaged two wraith hive ships in the Pegasus Galaxy along with the Daedalus class ship Enceladus. Post battle analysis of the sensor records credited the Arnold with 1 wraith cruiser kill, 36 Dart kills, and 7 partial kills. It was deamed a tremendous success and the Air Force requested they go into full production immedeatly. Future ships in the class would be named for other Airforce Generals, giving the 308's the nickname "The General's Ships."

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...rsfleet.jpgBig picture. Click to see.

Gunships
                          The X-305c by Jonas Quiinn
                          Spoiler:

X-305c Specifications
                          Hull / Armour: Tritanium / tungsten alloy.
                          Sheild: DSC Class Asgard sheilds.
                          Power: 1x Asgard Neutrino Generator / 2x Mk 1 Naqueda Generators.
                          Sublight Engines: 4x DSC Class Asgard sublight engines.
                          Hyperdrive: 1x Asgard Hyperdrive system
                          Added Technologies: Ring transport device, Asgard sensors
                          Asgard beaming device.

X-305c Weapons
                          Rail Guns: 10x 200mm front facing turrets/ 4x 150mm Rear facing turrets.
                          Missle Bays: 25x Front facing bays / 12x Rear facing bays.

Background History
                          Designed as a new line of defence the X-305c was designed with state of the art weaponry and asgard technology donated for the DSC Class ships. The "Vampire" was rushed from production to aid in the fight against the Ori.

The F-307 Constrictor Class
                          Spoiler:
                          F 307 Constrictor class:

Type: gun ship/light drop ship
                          Dimensions:
                          -Length: 25m
                          -Width: 15m
                          -Height: 5m
                          Crew: gun ship=6 Drop ship=6 with capacity for 20 passengers
                          Powerplant: Naquadah Generator
                          Engines:
                          ion-based sublight drives
                          Weapons:
                          -4 remote controled light coil guns (gunship=1000 rounds each drop ship=200 rounds each)
                          -2 fixed foward fireing light coil guns 1000 rounds each
                          -Gunship= 20 sidewinder air to air missles. dropship= 4 hellfire bunker buster missles
                          Defenses:
                          -Asgard designed shields

This ship was designed to give consderable support to the F 302 in air to air combat. due to the advanced and complex tech that it uses there are only a fue 307s that came of eh production line .It was also designed to carry out the roles of a drop ship. In the drop ship version many of the amunition boxes and missles are removed to allow more room for people. Also there are 4 hellfire missles added to help clear out landing zones. the 307 does feature a shielding device however it is considerably week, it also uses small ion drives alowing it to perform verticle take off and landing, using the shield and verticle take of and landing function is a considerable drain on power. The 307 is very manueverable but cannot match up to the smaller F 302. 1 pilot flyes the ship and has controlle of the 2 fixed coil guns and missles. Another person controlles secondary systems and 4 others control the remote coil guns.

DSG-312 Tegalus-class Gunship by Daryl Froggy
                          Spoiler:
                          DSG-312 Tegalus-class

Type: Deep Space Gunship
                          Hull: Titanium/trinium Alloy with ceramic composites interwoven
                          Dimensions:
                          -Length: 130m
                          -Width: 70m
                          -Height: 10m
                          Crew: 8
                          Weapons: 4x coilguns, 2x Felgers
                          Powerplant(s): 4x Mk. X Naquadah Generator
                          Engines:
                          Hyperspace window generator
                          2x Earth built Ion Drives
                          Anti gravity wave generators
                          Defenses:
                          -Ceramic Composites(energy/heat dispersion)
                          Other tech:
                          -Asgard sensor tech
                          -Goa'uld Cloaking tech
                          Ships of the line
                          Tegalus
                          History(reason for existence):
                          [under construction will be added at a later date

Various Fighters
                          F-302A Raven by Milleniumlance
                          Spoiler:

F-302A /Raven

Type: Heavy Superiority Fighter/Bomber
                          Technology base: Earth/Asgard/Goauld
                          Nations: United States Navy, United States Air Force, Royal Navy/Air Force, Russian Space Service, Canadian Air Force, China PR space Service
                          Hull: Titanium/Steel Alloy, Carbon composites, Trinium-frame and high stress areas
                          Dimensions:
                          ~Length: 10m
                          ~Width: 12m
                          ~Height: 3m
                          Crew: 2- Pilot, Navigator
                          Powerplant: Mk. I Naquadah Generator
                          Engines:
                          ~Two ion-based thrusters-
                          ~One short range hyperspace window generator Mk II
                          ~Mk II Inertial Dampners
                          Weapons:-Multiple Weapon configurations depending upon the mission

**Standard~Two Mk. II 5mm Railguns/ 1000 rounds each
                          ~Four Retractable Side Launching SRM

*Fighter
                          ~One 12 round retractable SRM Pod/ Standard or Naquadah Enhanced Missiles
                          ~Four Modified AMRAAM/ Medium Range Air to Air Missiles

*Bomber
                          ~Four Titan Class/ Experimental shaped charge Naquadah enhanced Missiles
                          ~Two Mk. IX Gatebuster/Anti-Ori Nuclear Missiles-/ Magnetic Cuplings allow the bombs to attach to Ori ships after the fighter performs shield bypass.

Defenses:
                          ~Inert Naquadah Plating-around vital areas| Engines, Cockpit and Inertial Dampners
                          ~Reactive Armor-placed along fuselage

After the failure to stop the Ori's second beachhead and the destruction of several Free Jaffa Nation and Tauri capital ships by the Ori's Directed Energy Beams it was sermised that a small, fast fighter class that could stay out of the main weapons firing arc would be able to bypass the Ori vessels shields with hyperspace jumps deploy Mk IX Tacticals and escape.

A new variant on the F-302 was needed to fill this task, the airframe is basically the same but hull expansion and additional internal space was needed. The Aerospike and Booster Rocket were removed for internal space and replace with modified Hebridian Ion Engines that allow for VTOL and atmospheric flight The tactic for fighting is hit and run. The space that was used for the Rocket Booster and its fuel was replaced with a retractable weapons pod for anti-
                          fighter application(requested by DSC-Daedalus' Wing commander) firing 12 modified Sidewinder SRM or Drop bay for 2 Mk IX Gatebusters with Powerful Electro-Magnetic Couplings(Requested after the Destuction of the Alliance Taskforces, and the ambush of DSC-Daedalus by then allied Wraith). The Raven also carries the Experimental Titan Anti-Ship Missile, the missiles reverse-cone shaped warhead is made of neutronium/Trinium alloy to resist the intense shock of the micro second impact and explosion, although expensive and difficult to produce the Titan delivers up to 85% of the nuclear explosion into a 1.5 meter impact point devastating Goauld shields..
                          Last edited by freyr's mother; 06 July 2006, 03:39 PM.

Best Stargate quote:
                          Green is your friend.

Comment

F-303 by Immhotep
                            Spoiler:
                            The F-303:

The F-303 is a considerable upgrade on the F302, firstly it relies on a new kind of propulsion making it much faster and longer lasting than the old engines, the power requirements for these engines are also less than the old chemical engine.

Experts successfully shrank the Ion Drives to fit the small F-303 resulting in a much better engine system overall.

Since the F-302 the hyper-drive technology has been refined with help from the Asgard and other races and can now travel between star systems, but is not a patch on the BC-303's engines, it also takes longer than the Athena vessels, and the distance is limited because of life support only lasting 8 days, to get to the hebriden world in an F-303 would not be possible, it would take over 3 weeks so practically it still limits the engines. But for the moment we as a race should be contented that every ship in our fleet is now capable of interstellar travel, something no other race, including the ancients has accomplished.

The F-303 is equipped with a modified Goa’uld shield retro-engineered from a teltak (cargo) ship and reduced using naqadria to provide power, making it small enough and powerful enough to be worthwhile in combat, it can handle many glider attacks for nearly 10 minutes continuously, which is outstanding for such a basic shield in such a primitive ship. The F-303 is also fitted with advanced rail cannons, slightly more powerful than the standard mach 5 NTS rail gun, able to take out squadrons of gliders in a few shots and alkesh after a few minutes, the weapons are changing the balance of power, the speed and power is difficult for the Goa’uld or their ships to combat.

Overall the F-303 is a great ship and each BC carries up to 8 of them and due to the F-303 FTL capabilities the hull structure can withstand hyperspace therefore allowing fro squadrons to be towed through hyperspace using the larger engines of the BC's. This fighter is a whole new breed of weapon for our enemies to combat and will be used to its full potential.

F-302 Heavy Variant by mburrows
                            Spoiler:
                            F-302 Heavy Variant

size: a lil bigger then regular f-302

prulposion: standard f-302 engines and rocket booster with a few modifications that are ment to make it faster and more manuverable

Weapons: 2 "photon torpedo" energy weapons, one standard rail gun for fast moving targets with 2000 rounds

defences: standard f-302 ecm and eccm, advanced sensors, reverse engineered cloak device from tel'tak vessels(much smaller and can only be engaged for about 30 minutes), one fighter class sheild generator built specifically for this ship that can withstand a beating from goa'uld death gliders, al'kesh(although barely), wraith darts, and other small energy blasts/projectile shots

other: heavily advanced intertial dampeners
                            small fighter class hyperdrive also ment for this variant of the 302

backstory: after careful examination of the attack by anubis when an x-302 had to take a stargate and take it out of earth, the united states military had decided to put in a lil more research into inertial dampeners to fit the f-302 with to carry more cargo/weapons/ etc...the result was the F-302 Heavy Variant...these are now replacing the regular f-302 fighters, their advanced inertial dampeners allow it to carry bigger load if needed, but in most cases, more weaponry and defences, first off, it now has a sheild that is most useful in combat situations, the photon torpedo weapons design by doctor felgar, and one standard rail gun with 2000 rounds for hyper manuverable ships such as wraith darts...at first, the united states was worried about the money put into the project, thinking that it wasnt worth it and they should focus on better fighter designs...when the first fleet of these fighters was maybe however, they proved the government wrong, there were reports that 5 wraith ships were massing above abydos for no apparant reason, so, with the new equipped hyper-drives, the fleet of f-302 heavies set off to see what was going on as the current capital ships were un available, the fleet arrived and it turns out it was a trap, the wraith jammed the cloaking ability on the fighters and sent many many darts after the fleet, covered by the hiveships, also, 1 more hiveship apeared from hyperspace releasing many more darts, the expertise of the pilots, the sheilds, and extra weapons equipped onto the 302s maybe all the difference, destroying all but 1 hive ship and about 90% of the darts, the firefight was intence, loosing 5 fighters amazingly, the government decided the money was definatly worth it, its next display of worthyness was a very fast needed evacuation, small air tight cargo holds with life cupport and furniture in them, as well as a small supply of food was strapped onto bottom of the 302s(about 20 of them) and once arriving to the planet, they brought a total of 200 survivers to earth to be relocated to another world...this again proved it heavily valuable for the alpha, beta, and charlie sites incase of evacuation and the stargate was not available, this has yet to happen, but there are 20 f302 with cargo bays on standby at each of the offworld bases, 10 for small outposts, more and more of these fighters are being produced, and with the help of the free jaffa nation, letting the tauri have one of their glider manufacturing facilities, they are coming off the racks quite fast and are starting to become out first line of defence and offence in the pegasus galaxy(and milky way if the wraith are there) with their continued success against wraith, although wraith are becoming better, the tauri keep winning, little sucess has been made against the ori ships, when the ships come tauri are usually run first, ask questions later(lol), as the ori are to powerful to penetrate their defences, let alone damage their sheilds.currently about 5000 of these ships are in service, each usually only using 1 pilot, but when escorting capital ships like the abydos classes(im sorry i use that a lot, but it just pwnz lol) it uses 2 pilots just incase one either comes distracted or unable to fulfill their duties.

F/B-307 by cooky
                            Spoiler:
                            F/B-307
                            Class: Space capable Fighter/Bomber
                            SL Propulsion: Twin Sabre mk2 engines for primary propulsion. 2 Japanese designed aerospike rocket motors for speed assist/emergency thrust.
                            FTL: 302 class hyper drive window generator. Jump capacitor system to boost total hyperspace travel time to 1.6 minute duration when fully charged.
                            Weapons: twin 20mm cannons. 8 external hard mounts for 10,200lbs of weapons, aux. fuel tanks or special equipment.
                            Crew: 2. pilot/gunner, spotter/radar/com. officer.

Well, I think that's all of them! Get voting. The polls for the fighter design eliminations close tomorrow at the end of the day tomorrow.
                            Last edited by freyr's mother; 06 July 2006, 03:38 PM.

Best Stargate quote:
                            Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                              Frigates
                              We still need some frigates! Actually, frak the frigates, we don't need them.
                              Move my 308 cruiser to this class, it fits better here. I'll edit the specs tomorrow to reflect this. Also, I'd pull the Millenial Pride, its not an earth design and I think we should keep this limited to earth's fleet.

Comment

Wow Freya You got all of them, except three, or maybe two. illj ust post them to see if they are credible:
                                BC-304: - Earth Mothership - Athena:
                                Spoiler:
                                BC-304: - Earth Mothership

The Prometheus, the most advanced human vehicle ever built. Built as a partnership between the Asgard and the tauri to consolidate friendship the BC (battle cruisers) are equipped with superior shield weapons and engines of Asgard design, and therefore are able to out gun and out manoeuvre Goa’uld hatak vessel, the once greatest threat to earth. The Asgard over a period of 3 years slowly advanced the prototype (the X-303), the Prometheus, adding technology to it bit by bit and testing it capabilities to handle the technology. After 3 years the Asgard accepted our competency with their superior technology and helped construct a complete ship of hybrid design not only incorporating Asgard and tauri system but also upgrading a few, to that end the BC-304, the Athena, is born.

The Athena is equipped with 2 new engines, hebriden ion drive sub-light engines and an Asgard intergalactic hyper-drive. The Ion drive uses liquid nitrogen. The gas is given an electrical charge, which ionises the nitrogen. It is then electrically accelerated to a speed of about 30 km/second. When the ions are emitted at such high speed as exhaust from a spacecraft, they push the spacecraft in the opposite direction. Theoretically the spacecraft would continue to gain speed the further the craft travels using these engines simply because there is no resistance in the deep space experienced in an atmosphere. At high sub-slight speeds, particles impacting the hull will cause lots of damage so a shielding or deflection device is needed. In addition, inertia dampeners would have to be used to accelerate very fast without killing the crew or tearing apart the ship. Another capability of the sub-light systems allows the ship to ascend vertically at take off or to remain at hover status at a location. The drive systems can be controlled from the main bridge controls or the engine room. Landing-Struts are used in ground landing; this gives the ship the ability for not only space assault but close ground assaults as well.

The Hyper-drive, the main drive system of the X303, it allows the generation of a Hyperspace Window, a way of entering another space/time configuration (Subspace/Hyperspace). This is a point-to-point way of travel meaning that you can't turn and change course in mid-flight, you have to exit hyperspace to change direction. By using hyperspace, we can travel faster than light without travelling at faster than light speeds. In order to stay in hyperspace you need to create a continuous distortion field or you will re-emerge into regular space/time (real space). The BC-303 now has Asgard designed engines. It is unknown the range of the engines but since they are Asgard designed, they should be Intergalactic speeds. But due to our power limitations we might be limited to high innergalactic speeds.

The Athena is also equipped with advanced weapon batteries of both tauri and Asgard construction, rail Gun batteries that fire naquada enhanced trinium shell at speed of mach 6 at a rate of 1 shell per second; the rail guns are capable of destroying a death gliders in one shot or small goa’uld vessel (such as a teltak or troop carrier) in a few shots.

There are also Asgard energy cannons that fire bolts of highly charged plasma at ships at high speed, these weapons are very effective and are capable of giving any Goa’uld ship a beating and eventually taking it down.

The Athena is also equipped with advanced shielding, which although advanced is not terrible effective when not powered by Asgard generators, a technology that the Asgard did not provide because they felt it was unsuitable for all their technology to be revealed as quickly. Currently a naqadria reactor powers the hyper-drive and mark 3 naquada generators (6 of them) power all other systems, mark three naquada reactors provide a minimum of 800% energy output of a conventual naquada reactor and can provide a sustained output at 400% for many years on limited naquada, which may be a consideration for long journeys.

Crystal technology is used on all systems because of it efficiency, its considerable larger storage and processing capacity, and because of its reliability.

Secondary systems on the Athena and other BC-303's in the line are:
                                *Asgard beaming technology and scanners, restricted use only. (No stealing alien technology with it)
                                *Ring platform and activators
                                *Medical, storage, containment and preservation labs
                                *Docking stations and hangers, and ability to tow small craft long distances if at full power; for several small to medium ships including alkesh (only one if the ship is empty of all other support craft), cargo ships (can hold 3), gliders or fighter craft (8 per ship in storage +2 in the docking bay).
                                *Artificial Gravity Generators provides gravity for the ship, but the ship is designed for non-gravity use in case of complete loss of gravity. The halls have handholds and the chairs have seat belts.
                                *inertial dampeners designed by hebriden scientist in conjunction with the ion drives.

Pyrus/Immhotep ship:
                                Spoiler:
                                Name: Oneils Anvil
                                Race: Tauri-Asgard Allience
                                Class: T-A-A Warship: TAW-1

Hull: Carbon(Diamond??) -Trinium - Titanium, Naquadah armour plating

Propulsion:
                                *Ion propulsion thrusters,
                                * Inertial/gravition mobility drive,
                                *Alteran- Asgard dual hyperdrive system ( asgard inter-galactic, alteran inter-steller)

Power:
                                *Single Asgard neutrino ion generator

Defence:
                                *Asgard bubble shield
                                *11 100mm Point defence rail guns
                                *point defence AA implacements

Offencive:
                                * Asgard energy canon system - 10 "ripple effect" cannons within twin rotating turret housings
                                *4 primary forward 500mm Rail gun, Naquadriah tripped Trinum shot
                                * 1 alteran laser weapon ( lance/satalite weapon)

Support craft:
                                2x Hangers - 24 Next generation fighter craft. also able to service and dock PJ's, death gliders and up for 6 cargo ships or 1 alkesh each (when empty of other craft)

Other systems:
                                *Computers - alteran, upgraded Tauri (fully crystel based), Asgard
                                *Beaming technology
                                *Asgard scanners
                                *Alteran type medical bay ( atlantis style )
                                ( all the usual bits and bobs)

*****craft history and description to come********
                                Name: Oneils Anvil
                                Race: Tauri-Asgard Allience
                                Class: T-A-A Warship: TAW-1

Hull: Carbon(Diamond??) -Trinium - Titanium, Naquadah armour plating

Propulsion:
                                *Ion propulsion thrusters,
                                * Inertial/gravition mobility drive,
                                *Alteran- Asgard dual hyperdrive system ( asgard inter-galactic, alteran inter-steller)

Power:
                                *Single Asgard neutrino ion generator

Defence:
                                *Asgard bubble shield
                                *11 100mm Point defence rail guns
                                *point defence AA implacements

Offencive:
                                * Asgard energy canon system - 10 "ripple effect" cannons within twin rotating turret housings
                                *4 primary forward 500mm Rail gun, Naquadriah tripped Trinum shot
                                * 1 alteran laser weapon ( lance/satalite weapon)

Support craft:
                                2x Hangers - 24 Next generation fighter craft. also able to service and dock PJ's, death gliders and up for 6 cargo ships or 1 alkesh each (when empty of other craft)

Other systems:
                                *Computers - alteran, upgraded Tauri (fully crystel based), Asgard
                                *Beaming technology
                                *Asgard scanners
                                *Alteran type medical bay ( atlantis style )
                                ( all the usual bits and bobs)

*****craft history and description to come********

http://forum.gateworld.net/attachmen...0&d=1149630841

Spoiler:
                                Name: Leviathon
                                Place of construction: Lantia, Pegasus galaxy
                                Type: Warship

Hull: trinium-titanium-steel alloy, reinforced with Anti-plasma ceramic plates

Power:
                                1 x mark III naquadah Generator
                                5 x mark II naquadah Generators
                                18 mark I Naquadah Generators + 1 for each main rail gun emplacement

Engines:
                                *2 Asgard interGalactic hyperdrive, installed as two ventral fins, capable of atlantis to earth trip in 8 days.
                                *12 Hebridan ion proppulsion engine
                                *8 alteran sublight drive pods, retroengineered and fitted from the orion

Shielding:
                                *1 X asgard/alteran hybrid ship class bubble shield
                                *1 X Goauld internal dampening field

Weaponry:
                                *6 wraith ship to ship plasma cannon
                                *12 secondary missile launch silos, each having 8 mark X Naqadriah enhanced warheads with Ion propulsion technolgy, extreamyly fast, agile and deadly.
                                *36 main rail gun, each powered by an individual Mark I maquadah reactor - for main ship to ship
                                *144 secondary rail guns ( along the neck of of the ship ) - for fighters and bombers
                                *144 tertiary rail guns on the underside of the ship - for fighter and ground troops

Other craft:
                                64 - F302 fighter craft
                                8 Lantian puddle jumpers

Secondary systems:
                                *all standard asgard and goauld technolgy: beams, scanners, computers, translators and the like.
                                *transporter closets
                                *internal anti prior sonic devices, implanted in to the ship, always on. This prevents prior from opperating on board our ships.

Sevice Histroy and Background:
                                The Leviathon class ship is the first earth ship to be designed entire from the work done in the Pegasus galaxy.
                                The Orion, the first battle cruiser of the ancient to under possesion by our kind was immediatly studied, for some time the sceintist on atlantis had worked on upgraded, or more accuratly interfacing asgard and alteran technologies. the first success came when the asgard interface thier shield emitors with those on the orion, this created the best shield either race had yet came up with and will now be used by both the asgard and human races.

After the success of combining shield technolgy another system was goign to be studied, the energy cannons from the hive ships, a hive ship had recently been captured and studied by the atlnatis expedition and they had retroengineed the main artillary cannon on the ship, thus giving earth its first energy weapon from the wraith.

These two technolgical improvements would end the current deadalus class production line. A new class of ships was commissioned, to be built in the Pegasus galaxy at the site of a new land base on Lantia, the Leviathon, the mythic gaurdian, was heralded as the protector and savior of the Pegasus galaxy from the wraith, and of earth from the ori. Armed with supperior sheilds to any that have came before it, faster than any of our craft have ever been and in command of the latest and most powerfull weaponry we have this ship has been used to strike back at the wraith for its first time and won, the forth siege of atlantis ended with this craft, the deadalus and the orion holding back a combined fleet of 14 hive ships, these three ships taking down 9 of them before an asgard oniel class came in and destroy the other 5 ships in orbit. commanders are confindent this ship will turn the tide in the war with the wraith and are putting all thier work with the deadalus in to the new Leviathon class ship.

Ok there it is, my first ship in months. I have no images but just think of the deadalus with the traditional |-| asgard engines between two new triple layered hanger bays. - alot liek the Rail'k image on the last page.

Immhotep
                                sigpic
                                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                                Stargate : Genesis |
                                Original Starship DesignThread
                                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X