No announcement yet.

GateWorld Virtual Fleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'd agree there cooky, but im sure together we could come up with a space defensive station? i'll sketch a few up and see what i can do this end. I'll look more on Tauri & Asgard design see what sort of station would be created if those minds came together.

i did the same with the uber-mothership also

Comment

Originally posted by cooky
      I'd suggest using the Daedalus class in place of the ubership. It is a good multi-role vessel that doesn't really fit into any of the other categories anyway, and would make a good flag ship for the fleet.

As for stations, I've been trying to come up with a design for an earth-built defense station for months with no luck. I'd love to see your idea. For fleet servicing, I think ground based locations would work better. Or better yet, a moon base. If a Daedalus class ship can land on a planet surface, any of the other designs, which are likelly to be equal or smaller in size, should be able to as well. I've been experimenting with terrain design latelly and want to try my hand at a moon base. I plan to include room for anything upto the size of a 304 to land at the base.
      We could always get rid of the ubership altogether. Why don't we do that?

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

Check out this page for a great post (P.163) on ship class's.
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=25173&page=9
        Also on the note of space stations/bases i have some designs for these type things, http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=18023 - the SDP-X01 (2nd post).
        mburrows, can you be nice just once and dont use the word n00b.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas Quiinn
          i'd agree there cooky, but im sure together we could come up with a space defensive station? i'll sketch a few up and see what i can do this end. I'll look more on Tauri & Asgard design see what sort of station would be created if those minds came together.

{Mod Snip}
          Look forward to it. I wouldn't use to much asgard influence though. I think we probly got as much tech from them as we're going to get. From here on out, they'll just teach us how to use, build and repair it so we don't have to come cralling to them everytime it breaks.

In every respect save our weapons, our ships are already supperior to Wraith/Gua'uld craft. And unfortunatelly, our weapons aren't likelly to be improved by our allies.
          Last edited by TameFarrar; 07 July 2006, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
            Check out this page for a great post (P.163) on ship class's.
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=25173&page=9
            Also on the note of space stations/bases i have some designs for these type things, http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=18023 - the SDP-X01 (2nd post).
            mburrows, can you be nice just once and dont use the word n00b.
            Wow, I totally forgot about the other thread.

Some designs I thought looked pretty good were:

-Andrew Joshua Talon's Abydos Class Destroyer
            -Andrew Joshua Talon's Gladius Class Cruiser

I'm gonna try to find as many good ships as possible and then we'd begin a poll to determine which ship is best for each desired role.

Best Stargate quote:
            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
            Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
              We could always get rid of the ubership altogether. Why don't we do that?
              Dang, fast moving thread.

Thats what I meant pretty much, use the Daedalus instead of creating an ubership.

As cool as the Odeadakus (did I spell that right?) hull design is, the ships specs are fanwank.

Comment

Originally posted by cooky
                Dang, fast moving thread.

Thats what I meant pretty much, use the Daedalus instead of creating an ubership.

As cool as the Odeadakus (did I spell that right?) hull design is, the ships specs are fanwank.

yeah if you just this tauri building it

but remember the story, the ship was made with the FULL COMBINED efforts of the asgard, remaining tokra, jaffa, and tauri, that is some kick ass resources, the asgard alone could probaly make the ship

anywho indeed daedalus being the flagship would probaly be nice, just because it is obsolete to the newer ships i dont beleive it would be in the back, i beleive the beliskner was still the flagship even when teh far more superior oniel classes came out

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

I have found two more contenders for the Destroyer role:

-Milleniumlance's DDX-306 /Unity-class Advanced Destroyer

-deadman's DCV-507 Destroyer Class Vessel

Best Stargate quote:
                  Green is your friend.

Comment

Some more contenders for different roles:

-The BS-101 (Battleship) by deadman(needs a little work, but it's got potential)

-DSBC-401 By me

-The Deep Space Battle Carrier by Me (the only thing that need's to be changed are the wraith energy weapon turrets to Goa'uld hatak energy cannons)

-Serenity Class Cruiser by Andrew Joshua Talon

-BS-365 Telemakhos Class Battleship by deadman (needs some work)

Fighters
                    -F-302A Raven by Milleniumlance
                    -F-302B by Me(w/the rotating cylinder system)
                    -F-303 by Immhotep
                    Last edited by freyr's mother; 04 July 2006, 11:35 AM.

Best Stargate quote:
                    Green is your friend.

Comment

Ok i have whipped up a quick shortlist of the ships that MAY be in the fleet, they are only names of ships, ill provide quotes for specs or link to them + images when i get a final list. This is not complete but are general ideas.

Station/city ship: Atlantis ( 3ZPM powered, in orbit around lantia)
                      Warship: Oniels anvil
                      Destroyer: the Leviathon
                      Carrier: (there is still no definitive 'its the perfect' carrier ship on GW)
                      Battlecarrier: the Odin
                      Battleship: The athena - this ship has the odeadakus/raik image but with much better specs (its been around along time too)
                      Battlecruiser: Deadalus class
                      Cruiser: abydos class
                      Frigate: Serpent class
                      Gunship: F-307 constrictor class
                      Scout ship: enigma class
                      Squadren leader/Lead bomber: cooky's widespan design that hasnt got a name but i really like!
                      F-303b: (need help, there are alot of of fighters.)
                      Last edited by immhotep; 04 July 2006, 10:05 AM.
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                        Ok i have whipped up a quick shortlist of the ships that MAY be in the fleet, they are only names of ships, ill provide quotes for specs or link to them + images when i get a final list. This is not complete but are general ideas.

Station/city ship: Atlantis ( 3ZPM powered, in orbit around lantia)
                        Warship: Oniels anvil
                        Destroyer: the Leviathon
                        Carrier: (there is still no definitive 'its the perfect' carrier ship on GW)
                        Battlecarrier: the Odin
                        Battleship: The athena - this ship has the odeadakus/raik image but with much better specs (its been around along time too)
                        Battlecruiser: Deadalus class
                        Cruiser: abydos class
                        Frigate: Serpent class
                        Gunship: F-307 constrictor class
                        Scout ship: enigma class
                        Squadren leader/Lead bomber: cooky's widespan design that hasnt got a name but i really like!
                        F-303b: (need help, there are alot of of fighters.)
                        Whoa man. We need to vote on them. And we can only do that once we have all of the possible designs.

More contenders:

-BC-305 'Serpant' class by JRPR

Best Stargate quote:
                        Green is your friend.

Comment

the 305: serpant class is currently in the frigate role
                          I love it, i really really do, and in your honour i shall make my 4000th post, THAT RIGHT! my posting of the specifications that im going to start work on right now...partly because i cant post again until i do them after this...
                          sigpic
                          11000! green me

Comment

{Mod Snip}
                            Specifications Awiated By mburrows / and anyone else willing to fill in the blanks.

Shield, power source, hull & armour, weapons, bays, cargo ect.

what you think?
                            Last edited by TameFarrar; 22 August 2006, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                              Whoa man. We need to vote on them. And we can only do that once we have all of the possible designs.
                              I doubt we'll ever see an end to new designs. Least, I certainly hope not. Then again, this kind of thing should be fluid, changing as new technologies or new designs for existing technogies come into play.

Comment

More ships:

-Millenial Pride Class Command Cruiser by Cooky (nice job BTW)
                                -DSC 308 longsword by JRPR

-DSG-312 Tegalus-class Gunship by Daryl Froggy

-F-302 Heavy Variant by mburrows
                                -F-322 Starfire by Seastallion

Best Stargate quote:
                                Green is your friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X