X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NG.1
    Like your idea.

Especially the one about them overseeing the galaxy in cloacked ships. Also I have the same idea that they may have been the most advance race in the alliance, or more.

Now...if they had the technology of the Nox for hiding away...then they could definitely be overseeing the galaxy in cloaked ships.
    I don't prefer the overseeing the galaxy bit - raises too many issues. Like the idea that they are just powerful enough to be immune to the power of the Prior's and the Orii.
    "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
      I don't really care about the Furlings but it would be nice for someone to mention them like "they passed from this region of space along time ago" nice and ambiguous."
      Or maybe the saw the direction that humanity was going (complete with Jenny Jones & Jerry Springer) and chose to instead de-evolve until humanity was worth of them.?
      "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Originally posted by eoin
        it would be kinda cool though if they just mentioned the furlings or found a bit of fury tech
        Fury tech - such as scissors & moouse?

Comment

TPTB are just leaving some stuff open on purpose other wise the fans wouldn't have anything to speculate about. just think how many Threads this one little plot hole has sparked this leaves the Fans interested and always wanting more
          Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NG.1
            Interesting idea, but why do you picture them like that.
            Sorry, not trying to be sarcastic or anything, just geniune interested in hearing other people's opinions.
            Well tigers are furry
            Sorry I just think they should b elike tigers or wolverines, deadly (furry) creatures.
            You go ahead, I'll be right behind you (In an F-302)
            And now for a completely unconnected series of random smilies:

Comment

another petition? its not gonna happen folks. if we ever see the furlings or learn anything more about them it will be when TPTB are good and ready. they have said several times that they have wanted to revisit them but cant do it in a one episode deal. it would have to be an Arc on the level of the ancients or the Jaffa rebellion and they have too many other arcs they are already juggling and have a specific vision for the direction the show is going and at this point in time the furlings do not fit in to it. maybe by season 12 or 13, but not anytime soon.

Comment

Actually I was told in another thread that TPTB would never bring the furlings back, which is a pity as I think they would fit in with SGA quite well. That way the ancients wouldn't be the only good advanced race that existed long ago, it'll make it more interesting.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
                  Actually I was told in another thread that TPTB would never bring the furlings back, which is a pity as I think they would fit in with SGA quite well. That way the ancients wouldn't be the only good advanced race that existed long ago, it'll make it more interesting.
                  i believe TPTB have made the decision for SG-1 that we would never see the furlings, but i dont think they have closed the book for SGA, or at least i havent seen that said anywhere. so they might do them for SGA.

Comment

Yeah, I also read that they would not bring them back. I guess they will be the show's little mystery, like the State where the Simpson live, or Fez's home country in That 70's Show. It's our job, as fan, to fill the Furlings blank.

- Ra'akedg

O’NEILL: Oh I don’t know, I just can’t imagine cute little furry things making big powerful weapons, that’s all.
                    JONAS: I don’t even know what they look like.
                    O’NEILL: Furling. Sounds cute and fuzzy to me.

Comment

maybe the furlings will be they key to defeating the ori , TPTB could make that work
                      The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by eoin
                        maybe the furlings will be they key to defeating the ori , TPTB could make that work
                        And possibly the wraith, but then if they could they wouldn't have probably helped the ancients.
                        sigpic

Comment

Good Idea.
                          But it should be addressed to Brad Wright & Robert C. Cooper, and the last time I looked, Jonathan Glassner was no longer part of the series.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
                            And possibly the wraith, but then if they could they wouldn't have probably helped the ancients.
                            the furlings were erm... on holidays during the ancients war with the wraith , so its possible the furlings could save the day , in another 7 or 8 years anyway
                            The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Well the dictonary I found defined the suffix "-ling" to mean "small ones" as in spiderlings "having the charicteristics of" as in darkling and "like or relating to" as in hatchlings, so unless "Fur" is an alien prefix/root word they must be furry or be "like" fur in some way.

Comment

Originally posted by gatelover12
                                Well the dictonary I found defined the suffix "-ling" to mean "small ones" as in spiderlings "having the charicteristics of" as in darkling and "like or relating to" as in hatchlings, so unless "Fur" is an alien prefix/root word they must be furry or be "like" fur in some way.
                                By jove he's got it! I've figured it out! I know who the Furlings are! They didn't leave the universe long ago, but they have been watching us and monitoring our development. And YES the are a superior species, achieveing something that others have not -not even the goa'uld - total world domination, without making their rule apparent, but completely accepted. The FURLINGS are all around us they are the
                                Spoiler:
                                CATS
                                ! FURRY and SMALL like you said.

Comment

Working...
                                X