This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chyron
    By jove he's got it! I've figured it out! I know who the Furlings are! They didn't leave the universe long ago, but they have been watching us and monitoring our development. And YES the are a superior species, achieveing something that others have not -not even the goa'uld - total world domination, without making their rule apparent, but completely accepted. The FURLINGS are all around us they are the
    Spoiler:
    CATS
    ! FURRY and SMALL like you said.
    Somebody find KipCatheyFurlingsAreCats in here NOW! Or for those who have seen The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy,
    Spoiler:
    mice!

Comment

Its the FUR(lings) baby its the FUR(lings)!
      O-K-AY. Hehe.

Comment

I don't prefer the overseeing the galaxy bit - raises too many issues. Like the idea that they are just powerful enough to be immune to the power of the Prior's and the Orii.
        And they are going to help Earth to defeat the Orii's.

Comment

Originally posted by Indum'kra
          Well tigers are furry
          Sorry I just think they should b elike tigers or wolverines, deadly (furry) creatures.
          A lot of people think that, but won't it be funny if they turn out to be scaly (sp?)

Comment

By jove he's got it! I've figured it out! I know who the Furlings are! They didn't leave the universe long ago, but they have been watching us and monitoring our development. And YES the are a superior species, achieveing something that others have not -not even the goa'uld - total world domination, without making their rule apparent, but completely accepted. The FURLINGS are all around us they are the
            Spoiler:
            CATS
            ! FURRY and SMALL like you said.
            Now that I can live with. Because
            Spoiler:
            CATS
            do rule our lives.

Comment

Originally posted by gatelover12
              Somebody find KipCatheyFurlingsAreCats in here NOW! Or for those who have seen The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy,
              Spoiler:
              mice!
              Like the
              Spoiler:
              cat
              theory more. Mice are like

Comment

Originally posted by gatelover12
                Spoiler:
                mice!
                Shhhh! The fate of the universe will be decided in a final battle between the Furlings and the hyper-intelligent pan-dimensional beings. If the Furlings win, we'll be subject to an eternity of serving them without realizing that they've enslaved us. If the hyper-intelligent pan-dimensional beings win, we'll be subject to an eternity of running around in virtual exercise wheels and virtual mazes in a seamingly state of dellusion.
                "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Shhhh! The fate of the universe will be decided in a final battle between the Furlings and the hyper-intelligent pan-dimensional beings. If the Furlings win, we'll be subject to an eternity of serving them without realizing that they've enslaved us. If the hyper-intelligent pan-dimensional beings win, we'll be subject to an eternity of running around in virtual exercise wheels and virtual mazes in a seamingly state of dellusion.

That is until it is revealed that the Furlings are carnivous in nature and have a bad history with the hyper-intelligent pan-dimensional beings whereby they used to ate all their young. And for that reason these beings have sworn a blood vengeance against all the descendents of the furlings.

Comment

I Have to agree....I'm going to laugh lots and lots when the Furlings happen to be all fleshy and alien-like. or maybe insectoid.

Heck so far we have not at all seen a alien race that is all furry, the Nox had those roots growing in their hair and I think they were the closest to an alien species that had any type of fur.

Comment

Originally posted by drronin112
                      I Have to agree....I'm going to laugh lots and lots when the Furlings happen to be all fleshy and alien-like. or maybe insectoid.

Heck so far we have not at all seen a alien race that is all furry, the Nox had those roots growing in their hair and I think they were the closest to an alien species that had any type of fur.
                      You know if the Star Wars and Stargate universes were to collide, you might just end up with Wookies as the latest allies of the Taur'i. (See STARGATE WARS thread)
                      "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

This is an update of a possible new race, from a post of mine in 2004.

Furlings explain the Tori myth of dragons, as this myth as not been explored yet.

Furlings are human size dragons, and they can fly. Their appearance is halfway between red demons and angels.

Their throwing flames through the mouth is metaphoric. It is more the "pearl of the dragon" of Chinese lore, i.e. authority through the voice. Furlings can command with their speech like Jedis.

Furlings are overly talkative and spend their time asking about fiction plots, riddles, stories... They give TPTB excellent opportunities for eloquence feats.

Furlings are not ascended but they can appear in dreams, and account for inspired writers like Dante, Shakespeare.... They live partly in dreams and visions.

Furlings have petty disagreements with Asgaards, because they are not logical and not scientific. Furlings "guess" their own advanced technology. Energy flows from their fingers towards ship pannels and this kind of style. They can also be useful against Priors' staffs, which they can swith off and on at first contact, and smile at as children toys.

Furlings are the greatest medics of the galaxy, which will be useful against the Ori. They rely especially on natural food and a lot of forbidden food. They can also make small ecosystems look better, because they are the fairies in prairies and woods. They didn't ascend like the Ancients because they wanted to stay close to ecosystems, especially air and water like Chinese dragons.

Furlings can with their voice make humans believe they have human appearance. In that sense they also account for the Tori myth of wizards, half real wizards, half charlatans with their talkative talents.
                        Last edited by Furling God; 24 August 2005, 05:28 AM.
                        No rep points, I'm out of the Karma now. No title would be perfect.
                        I apologize for not having time to read everything, and missing relevant contributions.
                        Please don't read my posts as important about real life issues, and don't reply as such.

Comment

they impoved upon the ancient technology of stargates and can move to anywhere in the galaxy without one.

they have wings "but" cannot fly since they have evolved without the need to do so with their advanced technology, much like humans have hair but dont really need it its slowly dissapearing.
                          For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

heres a theory,maybe the furlings have been all around us and have been studying our movements over the past 9 years. And they can do this because there forest dwellers and they use camouflage like the predator does, and this could be plausible since 90 % of the worlds we go have forest on them Lol

Comment

Wow i heard a lot of theories about them but this is one of the possible one ... I think that about these dragons characters...
                              But good is yours either.Furlings are forests?

I love both, Sam and Elizabeth. I'm just looking forward for the fourth season.
                              IT'S GONNA BE HUGE!

Comment

so i think this is Theory 1001 but it does seem cool
                                Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X