This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Weir
    Huh?!!!!!!! There are no giants in the SG universe.

Remember Daniel's grampa, and the crystal skull? And the giants in the cave?(they seemed more like holograms)

If they are furlings maybe they just fazed out, and are just watching everyone! (the bones in that ep with Maybourne prove nothing, as the paradise was meant for everyone!)
    Understanding is a three-edged sword.

Comment

Yah, those Giat beings looked pretty gieant to me.
      *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
      *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
      *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
      *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
      *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
      *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
      *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by valha'lla
        well since alot of things in stargate tye into mytholigy such as gods Goddess and Vamphires etc the only thing on this plannet that i can think of the top of my head that is fury in these areas is the whole bigfoot,yety kind of thing. Might explain why no ones caught them they have telopoters
        I was thinking more like the watchers from marvel comics but that could be It would be neat.
        Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

You would think that Daniel would want to know what happened to his grampa! But i guess he fell in a plothole!
          Understanding is a three-edged sword.

Comment

Originally posted by Blend
            i thought those giant aliens were furlings.
            cool! ive never thought of that!..........hm...................good theory

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

Tell me what ya'll think about this idea. Build on it if you like.

What if the Furlings were angels. Many different religions have angels. Jews, Christians, Muslims, and i think Hindus (not sure put i think so maybe wrong). So maybe that was there interaction with man kind. That might also help explain the paridise lost, which might have been inspired by the idea of heaven. The one gould did recreate the idea of hell into a real place so maybe the furling tried to create a heaven like place.
              Religion and science are the same both explain Gods work.

Comment

Originally posted by jash
                Tell me what ya'll think about this idea. Build on it if you like.

What if the Furlings were angels. Many different religions have angels. Jews, Christians, Muslims, and i think Hindus (not sure put i think so maybe wrong). So maybe that was there interaction with man kind. That might also help explain the paridise lost, which might have been inspired by the idea of heaven. The one gould did recreate the idea of hell into a real place so maybe the furling tried to create a heaven like place.
                There's nothing to build on. What is this obsession with Furlings???? They DO NOT exist, except in the fevered brain of a writer..........
                On fighting:
                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I find it hard to believe that the ancients would make an alliance with angels.
                  sigpic

Comment

I think Furlings are Dogs. Thats why dogs are mans best friend. I mean cats are so clearly minor Goa'ulds so it makes since that we would have some offworld allies helping us against the Flood of goa'ulded cats.
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

the furrlings were caught tampering with time travel that ultimately led to the uprise of the goa'uld thousands of years ago and why they no longer exist, with the alliance since been split for some time the goa'uld took the throne and coquered the galaxy using the ancient and furrling technology.
                      the ancients learnt that time travel is dangerus much like col carter has since found out (it can lead to you future self having bad hair and big geeky glasses, basicly the worst parts of frumpyness if thats even a word), but yeah the furrlings had to draw the short straw when it came to one of the memebrs of the great alliance being destroyed. the ancients had too much invested in earth and their little plague that killed off most human life, the nox did't give a s**t what happened but promissed thay would never get caught in the same trap as their esteemed alien neigbours so developed invisible cities and so on, the asgard though damn we better sort our act out so worked feverishly to be technologically powerfull unfortunately for them mother nature most probably oma desala punished them for their cowardly retreat to the galaxy of othalla so made their entire race unable to reproduce and made it look like it was the asgards fault, then sg1 came along representing human interests in space travel and ultimately pissed on the chips of countless alien races most notably the goa'uld who did't see humans the second evolution of ancients kicking their ass' to the swamps from which the snakey soulless idiots came from after they bumped the furrlings out of the galactic picture and took their technology as their own.
                      so to cap this little history lesson off humans became the powerfull people they hoped to become much like many sci fi films independance day star trek etc, at the expense of all other alien people but and this was a huge smake in the face and will prove to be the eternal brain freeze that humans get from mcdonalds milkshkes for the remainder of season 9 the orii these nasty buggers although not at all bug like had watched the ensuing defeat of the major players in this galaxy and after the events played themselves out the orri seized the opportunity to take it for themselves but a glimmer of hope remained the much despised and tired goa'uld that had slayed the furrlings all those years ago forgot one little thing ascension and the orri beliveing they are all knowing amoungst other strnage bizzzare things fogot this to, and in their woefull attempt of galactic domination during 2005 never realised they are being watched by others and their dastardly deeds to sway the religious belifes of earth (which in itself is more of a brain hemorage than a brain freeze given that all modern wars all come back to religion such as terrorists and so on) so un be known to humans of earth the constant internet discussions that erupted since the name furrlings was muttered they did not simply fade into nothing nor did they betray the asgard ancients and the nox by allowing the goa'uld to rise to power unintentionally, they simply choose not to show their true nature untill that was the orrii took the game to the next level with a plague on earth that in itself will provoke the furrlings into conflict as a way to try and pay the galaxy back for their accident.

ok its all a load of balls in a pool but hey i love to theorise about the furrlings what do yo think?
                      For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

I think it would be neat if SG-1 met the furlings but we didn't see them ourselves, like a POV shot.

Sam, Daniel, and Teal'C would be looking directly at the camera, trying to hide their disgust. Mitchell would be off in the background.

Mitchell: Guys, what's going on?
                        Daniel: It's a furling.
                        Mitchell: Awesome!

Mitchell comes running up from behind the others, then looks directly at the camera.

Mitchell: Whoa! Uhmm! (Lurches off-screen.)

*Sound of vomitting.*

Teal'C takes a short breath and raises an eyebrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                          I think it would be neat if SG-1 met the furlings but we didn't see them ourselves, like a POV shot.

Sam, Daniel, and Teal'C would be looking directly at the camera, trying to hide their disgust. Mitchell would be off in the background.

Mitchell: Guys, what's going on?
                          Daniel: It's a furling.
                          Mitchell: Awesome!

Mitchell comes running up from behind the others, then looks directly at the camera.

Mitchell: Whoa! Uhmm! (Lurches off-screen.)

*Sound of vomitting.*

Teal'C takes a short breath and raises an eyebrow.
                          Lol that would be so funny!!! So much for them being angels!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
                            Lol that would be so funny!!! So much for them being angels!!
                            Then for the rest of the episode, we could have POV shots of the characters trying to politely avoid looking directly at the camera.

Daniel: Oh, that's very...nice of you, but I'm really not...hungry.

Comment

Angels are sorta covered in a way by the ascended ancients (and further tied, to a certain degree, by the firey Ori).

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                                There's nothing to build on. What is this obsession with Furlings???? They DO NOT exist, except in the fevered brain of a writer..........

Well said, I once was on the Furling bandwagon, but watching thread after thread about it The word Furling sounds like something that was made up on the flye.
                                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                                Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Working...
                                X