Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You didn't need to put your name in the thread of the title. The only one I've seen doing that is Martin Gero & his post actually mattered.

Besides if you posted this a year ago then, why drag it up at all if you've already put it down before. If you must have then why not put in in one of the other 1000's of similar Furling Threads that have been started since you originally posted it.

Comment

But dragons don't have furI think a more appropriate race to represent the furlings would be Bigfoot's/Sasquatch's/Yeti's. I don't have a backstory but we need some kind of explanation for the Sasquatch sightings
      My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer
        so i think this is Theory 1001 but it does seem cool
        Thank you. Yes I expect to bring my contribution on the subject about once a year.

I accept the theme that they cannot really fly... except I would still like them to be able to float above the ground. To be discussed. Maybe floating when appearing in dreams.

I accept them hiding in forests, but only in the uncannily beautiful spots in forests. I would like them to be at the origin of the myth of the paradise, i.e. a better than natural garden. Reference to episode stargate sg1 Paradise Lost.

As far as their gate practices are concerned I still have no clue. Maybe they would try and communicate with the Gaia of each new planet, and regret leaving any of them. A dislike for travelling mixed with a fascination of new landscapes... Landscapes are good for sci-fi aren't they? Why not butterflies bidding them farewell or smthg each time they leave... If consistent with the plotline of course.

One of my points is that their natural eloquence would open interesting opportunities for skilled writers. The confrontation of a Furling talking like a mixture of the donkey in Shrek and a professor of classical literature on the one hand and Teal'c 's "Indeed" on the other hand could be interesting. Or dialogues like Gandalf answering to the hobbit at the beginning of Bilbo... Or "General! I need you to listen to my new verses!"...
        No rep points, I'm out of the Karma now. No title would be perfect.
        I apologize for not having time to read everything, and missing relevant contributions.
        Please don't read my posts as important about real life issues, and don't reply as such.

Comment

Originally posted by Chevron_nine
          But dragons don't have fur
          Well "Furlings" would come from proto-Asgaard "fyr - Lingas" and would mean "talk-too-much", because the Asgaard want to be scientific and rational, and don't get Furling poetics and words plays.

Originally posted by Chevron_nine
          I think a more appropriate race to represent the furlings would be Bigfoot's/Sasquatch's/Yeti's. I don't have a backstory but we need some kind of explanation for the Sasquatch sightings
          I remember an episode from The Sixth Million Dollar Man where Steve Austin meets a Sasquatch and in fact it's a robot working for aliens who have a lab in some cave.
          No rep points, I'm out of the Karma now. No title would be perfect.
          I apologize for not having time to read everything, and missing relevant contributions.
          Please don't read my posts as important about real life issues, and don't reply as such.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
            You didn't need to put your name in the thread of the title. The only one I've seen doing that is Martin Gero & his post actually mattered.

Besides if you posted this a year ago then, why drag it up at all if you've already put it down before. If you must have then why not put in in one of the other 1000's of similar Furling Threads that have been started since you originally posted it.
            Dude chill out.

Comment

The furlings have already been found.

a time to mourn

Comment

Nice but I don't think they are rats ..

I love both, Sam and Elizabeth. I'm just looking forward for the fourth season.
                IT'S GONNA BE HUGE!

Comment

Originally posted by chyron
                  SG-42, a secret black ops intel unit, recently obtained this photograph of a Furling. It was discovered, by accident, that the Priors are allergic to them and that the all-powerful Orii fear them as much as a candymaker fears a dentist...

(Note: Unfortunately, I cannot give propert credit to the member of SG-42 who obtained this photograph so please don't give me any rep points for the pix - I have no desire to suddenly disappear.)
                  I just have to quote again for the fans that don't go a page back. They realy needto see this pic. Everybody, give some green. It wont let me anymore.
                  *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                  *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                  *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                  *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                  *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                  *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                  *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

I think I'm starting to get sick of these Furling ideas, but there might be some of you still out there who don't get tired of them, so I figured I wouldn't let this idea go to waste. Okay, there was a thread awhile ago asking for ideas on how to put the Valkrie of Norse Mythology into Sg-1. So here is two posts that I figured I would doctor up and re-post in this Ultimate Furling thread. LOL, maybe you’ll enjoy another Furling idea. This isn't how I would want the Furlings to be introduced into the show. However, the question was asked, so I gave my answer. Oh, and sorry if you have already read this, just don’t read it again I guess. (the first thread it was in wasn't looked at very much)
                    *re-post edit* This was my first post *edit*
                    As for how you could stick some more mythology into SG-1? (one of the many reasons that I like SG1 is for the real world mythology)Well, to be honest the first thing that popped into my mind was (Oh no! not another furling idea!) about the furlings. Maybe the ancients were not the only beings who knew how to ascend, maybe the furlings and the ancients both figured out how to ascend together. Keeping that in mind, the furlings believed that they should help others ascend much more than the ancients did. But instead of ascending people just because they were good not evil like Oma does they wanted to reward honor and courage on the battlefield. They respected good warriors that had fought and died in battle either because they were like that and identified with warriors or because they wanted to be great warriors but couldn’t, and looked up to that line of work. The Asgard used gods that their people were already familiar with to explain what was happening to warriors when they ascended. So they gave Odin the credit for ascending warriors and said the men had been taken to live in Valhalla, Odin’s hall, forever. How would you work that into an episode of Sg-1? Good question.

*re-post edit* this is my second post *edit*

If I had to put it into Sg-1 this is how I think it would go. I just hope it gives you something to think about Voric, since it took way too long to write. I figured if nobody else is going to answer this thread I would. I like mythology. *re-post edit* This is just like a quick outline of the story to create your own imagination *edit*
                    Maybe Sg-1 goes on a world under Asgard care that is being taken over by the Orii as a base. The people are not receptive to the prior’s message because Thor has been good to them and he is their god, therefore the priors turn hostile and a battle ensues. The Norse men are fighting a losing battle and getting thrown back. However, someone is ascending them as they die. Sg-1 wonders who is ascending these men and they want to fight against their common enemy, so they stay on the planet, not to mention they are blocked from the gate by the prior encampment. Daniel inquires the villagers about what’s happening to the warriors. They show him a book where it talks about the Valkyrie. Thor comes to help just as the last wave of attacks is going to start by the Norse warriors but finds the Orii's power is too strong for him. His ship is overcome and destroyed, but not until he beams out among Sg-1 and sends a distress signal. Another Asgard ship arrives soon after and beams up Thor and Sg-1. The ship starts preparing to beam the Nordic army up to save them from their certain deaths. Two ascended furlings appear before the priors and command them to leave. Daniel says “wait, look at this, who’s that” etc. while looking down from the Asgard ship. You have done enough damage to this world, the furlings say, leave and never come back. The priors refuse and say they will die in the name of the Orii before they leave. Charging men pour into the camp of the Priors, but the prior’s defenses and weapons are no longer effective. The priors are overwhelmed, but one prior manages to stab a Cimmerian with his staff before he is killed. One of the furlings ascends him just as Sg-1 and Thor beam down. The Cimmerians are amazed, Daniel asks the ascended beings if they are the ones called the Valkyrie, “Yes, we are known to these people as the Valkrie, but you know us as Furlings, we give to these people what the Asgard cannot” They vanish through the gate, and Thor explains the cover story that was made for these furlings, and adds that he did not imagine that he would ever see furlings again. He explains the furlings left the great alliance because they feared that some of the ancients might use ascension to their benefit unjustly. They thought the other ancients would not step in and correct or if need be destroy their own kind. They left the alliance out of disapproval; but they help where they can. I fear they were right about the ancients, says Thor. Later, a prior that had been seen earlier escaping through the gate questions (highlight for words that are possible spoilers)
                    a Doci in the city of the gods about the other ascended beings he had seen and says the book of Origin says the evil ones did not share enlightenment but these ones did, why is this so? Speak of it no more, says the Doci.
                    Last edited by !Dorentus!; 28 August 2005, 05:36 PM.
                    Things I've learned about the Stargate Universe:
                    1. Don't kiss a goa'uld.
                    2. Don't shake hands with a Wraith.
                    3. Whacko! are the Ori. It's their way or the hot way.

Comment

I'm sorry, but I've been wondering this for the longest time. Why does every one think the Furlings were furry? Where is the evidence, besides their names, which even then is a lose thread of proof? I don't mean to be rude but I've been wondering this and I want to know if other think the same or if there is a reason for thinking they are furry.
                      'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                        ... 'Fur'... lings...
                        yep, thats what Im thinking.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

because of FUR in their name but i think they are Dolphins
                          Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                          sigpic

Comment

... 'Fur'... lings...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Because that's how Jack O'neill describes them.

Comment

Dude, time-warp!

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                                Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Working...
                                X