X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tollan - No secret on my thoughts there
    Nox - Would be nice but I couldn't think of a good reason either
    Aschen - I believe that they're currently being pulled through the gate of whatever planet they tried dialling the blackhole planet from. They likely have a presence on the planets of their confederation but I'm guessing these are farming wolrds like the one we saw in 2001 and the vast majority of them are on their homeworld.
    Furlings - As long as they aren't friggin Ewoks! Vile little things only fit for soiling an At-ST's feet.
    Hey, if you'd been listening, you'd know that Nintendo's pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by mahram
      Hi I have a gain comment for the producers, or the powers that be in the Sg world, or just plain fans, why don't the producers, story writers start finishing off the Tollan or ashen story arcs, its been a couple of years now, and I think its time to finish it off, we last left the Tollan as their world was about tobe destroyed but a few escaped, we last left the Nox a few years ago, nothing more was told but they were really interesting to their connection with the ancient alliance, the Furlings, only brief story connections nothing else, and the Ashen as we doubled cross them, this is possibly the last year of Stargate sg1 and they should definately start wrapping up some threads, come on guys, we need to wrap stuff up!!
      We didn't double cross the Aschen. We just beat them to the punch. As for the rest; hopefully they're saving it for movie material.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
        We didn't double cross the Aschen. We just beat them to the punch. As for the rest; hopefully they're saving it for movie material.
        Exactly, given that they were intending to kill us, it seems odd to call it 'double crossing'.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
          Thats fandom speculation.
          isn't most of what goes no here?

isn't that the fun part anyway?

<i retreat to my hovel to speculate on thing that i probably should not>

<and then i contemplate my navel>
          Thanks!
          Jordan

my page
          My LJ
          From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I swear to God that the Furlings belong to the Furby family.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

The nox called SG1 young, i believe when carter was a captian, i mean a lot has changed. y couldnt we contact the nox, it was bc they buried their gate, o wait, we have a space ship, o wait we have muplie ships, o yeah we could fly to there world, lets see them call us young when we land on that floatin island! The Asgard respect earth at least sg1 , y wouldnt the nox now? season 8 is totall scripted already but when season 9 comes along, these stories should be explored, unless the wrath attack the nox??? so many possiblies

Comment

Originally posted by shw77
                The nox called SG1 young, i believe when carter was a captian, i mean a lot has changed. y couldnt we contact the nox, it was bc they buried their gate, o wait, we have a space ship, o wait we have muplie ships, o yeah we could fly to there world, lets see them call us young when we land on that floatin island! The Asgard respect earth at least sg1 , y wouldnt the nox now? season 8 is totall scripted already but when season 9 comes along, these stories should be explored, unless the wrath attack the nox??? so many possiblies
                The Nox are a waste of plot/TV time and more importantly MY time. The Nox are done unless they want to contact us.
                When you give me a negative reputation posting, usually because you disagree with my OPINION, sign your work!

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                  If they bring them in it should definitely be against type. The Furlings sound cute and furry - make them ugly and devious. I've always pictured them as similar to the Ferengi.
                  I don't think the Asgard, Nox and Ancients would associate themselves with a devious race. If the Furlings were to be brought into the story, they should probably offer something special that the other three races in the great alliance haven't already. I can't imagine what that would be so for now I'd prefer that they remain an unsolved mystery.

Originally posted by DeLancey
                  Aschen - I believe that they're currently being pulled through the gate of whatever planet they tried dialling the blackhole planet from.
                  Even our own puny Tau'ri scientists were able to deduce a way to close the wormhole to black hole planet. Surely the far more advanced Aschen would be able to do the same. I also never got the impression that they posed much of a direct military threat to Earth. They subjugated others through subterfuge.
                  END OF LINE

Comment

Well, "stupid plans" have worked before. Its not always the race that is the most intelligent who wins. ie, Sam helping the Asgard's replicator problem, SG1 figuring out the Aschen's master plan, SG1 defeating the Goa'uld on countless occassions. Most of these advanced races don't even use explosives anymore because it is primitive, but that is the only way to shut down the Gate.

" I also never got the impression that they [Aschen] posed much of a direct military threat to Earth. They subjugated others through subterfuge."- Uncle Dick

Try watching 2001, at the end the Aschen were going to put a glowing ball of Bio Weapons through the Stargate to Earth. Kill the planet in a matter of days they said? Direct Military Threat??? I would think so.

Uncle Dick, its a really good episode, you should watch it sometime.
                    When you give me a negative reputation posting, usually because you disagree with my OPINION, sign your work!

Comment

Originally posted by RUhunter
                      Well, "stupid plans" have worked before. Its not always the race that is the most intelligent who wins. SG1 figuring out the Aschen's master plan
                      They only figured it out thanks to some time travel shenanigans and the information provided in the newspaper found in the underground city. There wasn't a whole lot SG-1 did to directly deduce the true colors of the Aschen.

Most of these advanced races don't even use explosives anymore because it is primitive, but that is the only way to shut down the Gate.
                      How do you know it's the only way? It's certainly the only way humans have figured out; humans with a jury-rigged dialling computer and limited knowledge of gate technology. I have confidence in the Aschen (although I don't really want to see them again).

Try watching 2001, at the end the Aschen were going to put a glowing ball of Bio Weapons through the Stargate to Earth. Kill the planet in a matter of days they said? Direct Military Threat??? I would think so.
                      Earth does have an iris, you know. And the Aschen ships aren't fast enough to reach our dear blue planet anytime this millenium. I'd say we're safe.

Uncle Dick, its a really good episode, you should watch it sometime.
                      There's no need to be rude, now. I didn't think it was a particularly great episode. Keep serving 'em up, RUhunter. I love a good game of "whack-a-troll".
                      END OF LINE

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dick
                        Earth does have an iris, you know. And the Aschen ships aren't fast enough to reach our dear blue planet anytime this millenium. I'd say we're safe.
                        We don't know anything about the Aschen's ships to say that.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                          We don't know anything about the Aschen's ships to say that.
                          We do know that they "only travel within their own Confederation" and that their knowledge of the stargate system is limited. While not conclusive, that does indicate to me a certain limitation as far as their engine design is concerned. I figure that by now, the Aschen have cut their losses on Earth and have moved to softer targets closer to their homeworld.
                          END OF LINE

Comment

Or, on the flip side, they could be REALLY really mad. But given the spoilers for the rest of the season, I can't see them coming back, and unless there is another season up their sleeves, I think we've seen the last of them.

Comment

A. the Iris may have let the biological agent onto earth.
                              B. just because they dont go out of their Confederation area, doesnt mean they dont have ships capable of it. look at the Nox sticking to a single place.
                              And whos to say the Aschen didnt go to other places by ship and not tell us. They did wipe out the Goa'uld in 2010.
                              C. Their stargate system isn't limited, they can always try and dial, if they arent stuck in a black hole.
                              D. Stupid plans also worked agaist replicators to save the Asgard.

And how can you say that SG1 didnt deduce the "true colors of the Aschen". Daniel searched a planet, found evidence that the Aschen had caused trouble and Sam got the Aschen to translate the word into Sterilization. Thats pretty good detective work.

Comment

Originally posted by RUhunter
                                A. the Iris may have let the biological agent onto earth.
                                Unlikely, unless it used Tollan phasing technology or some other iris-defeating mechanism (in which case, Earth would have been toast long ago).

B. just because they dont go out of their Confederation area, doesnt mean they dont have ships capable of it. look at the Nox sticking to a single place.
                                The Nox were not conquerors. The Aschen, on the other hand, seemed very keen on expanding their domain. Their defeat of the Gou'ald by 2010 (1) didn't actually happen in this timeline and (2) could have easily been carried out through the stargate system using those massive bioweapons (i.e. Endgame) since the Gou'ald still haven't figured out how to weld an iris to their stargates.

D. Stupid plans also worked agaist replicators to save the Asgard.
                                I don't see how that disqualifies "smart" plans from also working, especially against a nonintuitive foe like a black hole.

And how can you say that SG1 didnt deduce the "true colors of the Aschen". Daniel searched a planet, found evidence that the Aschen had caused trouble and Sam got the Aschen to translate the word into Sterilization. Thats pretty good detective work.
                                They wouldn't have been suspicious of the Aschen in the first place if a message hadn't been sent back from the future AFTER the Aschen had already conquered Earth. The poor folks on P3A-194 figured out the sterility thing all by themselves, AFTER it was already too late for them. SG-1 barely managed to put two and two together at the last minute at the expense of Carter's alt-future husband's life.

But again, I don't see how the fact that SG-1's "stupid plans" always seem to come together at the last minute disqualifies the Aschen from formulating non-stupid plans that work, especially with regard to the black hole conundrum.
                                END OF LINE

Comment

Working...
                                X