Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you see every ep? I mean, you need to have at least seen Citizen Joe or fifth race
    Spoiler:
    Before you met me I was a fairy princess
    I caught frogs and called them prince
    And made myself a queen
    Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
    I slept in castles and fell in love
    Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
    To capture tinkerbell
    They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
    But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
    And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
    And anything I can to get by
    And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_W
      What is a furling. Still have no clue. I have missed 2 episodes this year, but I guess I am just a little dense.

heres my expliantion of the furling any one feel free to corect me if im wrong. the furlings where one of the 4 great races that formed an alliance the first time we find out about this is in the torment of tatalas where they find the meetinng place. the members of the alliance were the ancients furlings asgard and the nox we have seen them all but the furlings (if you dont count 200) we find out there name in the fifth race when they download the ancient repository from jacks mind and the asgard call them the furlings and they say you will know them when you see them thats my expliantions correct it if you wish

thanks to www.savecarsonbeckett.com and leelakin for the pretty sig.

Comment

What if the Ori are ascended Furlings?

Comment

I think the Ori have been fairly well explained through season 9. They and the Ancients share a common past. Both were originally Alterans. They had a phyilosophical difference of opinion - one side science, the other religious. It got ugly and the science half left, coming to the Milkyway and becoming known as the Ancients. Both learned how to ascend and the religious group founded the religion of Ori (Origin) to feed off the worship of those in the lower planes. The Ancients find that repulsive and refuse to interfere with the lower planes. The difference of opinion still festers and the Ori see the Ancients as evil for refusing Origin and not using all mere humans as they should be used - to feed them greater power - and so they want to destroy them.

We also know the Furlings, the Nox, the Asgard and the Ancients made up the Alliance of Four Great Races - Given all this, I can't see anyway that the Ori could possibly be ascended Furlings. Sorry!

Comment

Just tossing around ideas. I do hope we get to see one soon or find out more about the Furlings before the Series Finale.

Comment

I just came across something and had an appiphany. It has been said about the Furlings "Who says we haven't seen them yet?" by one of the Producers or someone in the Crew. It has bee said on this board that the Furlings are thought to be Giants of some kind. I did a dictionary/thesaraus search on the word Furl and came up with this:

Furl has to do with rolling up a sail or a flag, sails and flags deal with wind.

So I did some searching and found this picture from The Crystal Skull.
              http://www.rdanderson.com/stargate/c...3/65skul30.jpg

To me that is a Giant wind alien and quite possibly a Furling, something we have already seen. Thoughts?

Comment

its says i dont have permission to see it so srry can comment

Comment

But anywho, that's Quetzlcoatl, who, by the way, we already determined was not a Furling.
                  Spoiler:
                  And made myself a queen

To capture tinkerbell
                  But I could always tell

And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

Originally posted by ur uncle urgo
                    ...and the asgard call them the furlings and they say you will know them when you see them thats my expliantions correct it if you wish
                    When did the Asgard say "you will know them when you see them"?
                    sigpic

Comment

i think it would be hilarious if Thor just made the whole thing up to see if we were incredibly gullible and in fact there was just 3 races

Comment

Was it just a rumor or is there some fact that they were goning to come back in season 10???

Comment

"They" were in 200.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                            "They" were in 200.
                            They were also killed off in said episode.
                            sigpic
                            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabusa
                              i think it would be hilarious if Thor just made the whole thing up to see if we were incredibly gullible and in fact there was just 3 races
                              I've heard that before, but would Thor go through so much to make it look like there were furlings, up to making a moon into a set?
                              Spoiler:
                              And made myself a queen

To capture tinkerbell
                              But I could always tell

And fireflies...

Comment

Originally posted by unknown.entity
                                When did the Asgard say "you will know them when you see them"?

srry my bad i said correct me thats my mistake i could have sworn that he said it in the fifth race but im wrong

Comment

Working...
                                X