Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the asgard probably know where they live, but would you go up to them and ask where they live? that would be like me asking where your friends live. maybe the furlings dont have a stargate, so we cant gate there. or they dont like unexpected visitors, or have a planetary defence in place so flying in wont be the best idea.
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

i think the furlings look like werewolfs because the wraith are like the vampires and the werewolfs are ther enemys
      http://sword.myminicity.com/

Comment

if it looks like a wookie then we are feeling distortion between the star wars and stargate universes
        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

In the six minute preview they mentioned that they are indeed, and also showed a peculiar artwork in the beginning:

Furling??

Comment

Since they are only going to show us the Furlings in episode 200. I don't think we can actually take what they show us on screen as real.
            Spoiler:
            In episode 200, it's all about the team giving Martin Llyod suggestions on what to make his Wormhole X-treme movie about. Most likely SG-1 will probably say "Hey do the movie about the Furlings"... and the scene will cut to show us the Furlings with SG-1.
            But in all likely hood, the Furlings that they show us will just be what SG-1 imagines the Furlings to be. Like Jack said... he imagines cute and furry.

So I don't think that what they show us will have any basis in fact

Ace
            "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
              they never asked the asgard
              Where in my post did i say they did?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
                Yeah almost 10 years and yet nothing, you've gotta love TPTB for throwing this in to season 10, I mean a whole mass of rumours has surrounded the Furlings and now in its last season (probably due to ratings and no season 11 has been confirmed) the mystery surrounding these guys is revealed, If they turn out to be humans then I'm off the show and aint comming back
                I don't think this will be SG-1's last season. This season sounds very promising, and personally, I think we'll get at least a few more. As for the Furlings, better late than never, right? Personally, I'm one that didn't care if we ever saw them. I kind of enjoyed the mystery surrounding them. Afterall, it is a big universe.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

they said in the six minute preview that they will show the furlings heres a link for you's who have not seen it, but the said the reason for season 10's ori story line is to put us back to the begginning meaning i think we are going to get our ass's kicked

heres the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b8YP...%20Season%2010
                  by the way Sauron18 nice pickup on the possiblities on the furlings image.

Comment

Originally posted by aussie
                    they said in the six minute preview that they will show the furlings heres a link for you's who have not seen it, but the said the reason for season 10's ori story line is to put us back to the begginning meaning i think we are going to get our ass's kicked
                    Getting our a**** kicked is an understatement. And it's refreshing to see, isn't it?
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i'd like to see the asgard create an alliance with the furlings and some other powerful races we have'nt seen yet and arrive at earth to fight off the ori fleet and save the day its a cliche i know but it would be cool

Comment

That would be amazing if they came.

Comment

I think that the furlings really just sold out and did some comercials for quiznoe's subs a couple years back and played the singing rats. Now thor is off at Quiznoe's headquarters trying to convince the furlings to stop appearing on tv and get their butts out here and fight the Ori i mean anythings possible and the producers and writers tend not to do what the fans think they will (i'm jokeing right now so if this was taken seriously i'm sorry but u deserved it)
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lonewolf
                            hes what i posted a while a go...

Re: we've already seen the furlings

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a thought on the Furlings, which I have not read this idea on any of furling forums over the years, and it may not be popular…. But it’s a new thought

What we know:

1. There is going to be a new enemy in the new season and the Furlings will be in the season also.
                            2. We do know that the Furlings were wiped out on one planet, by gou'ld in episode SG-1 - SEASON SIX (PARADISE LOST) and there is little info on them.
                            3. Asgard & Nox, Won’t tell us about them?
                            4. Little information on the Furlings, in the big universe.
                            5. Ancients got the plague

So Idea’s

What if the Furlings were actually bad or caused the plague? (on purpose or some accident) and were banished or destroyed by the alliance? What if they are the New Bad Guy’s in season ten?
                            Don’t you think that the Asgard a member of the alliance would give us some info on them…? Or even tell us saying that they are gone, or left, died or something? Same for the Nox not to mentioning anything. I know they all hate telling us stuff.

But what if the Furling were the originators of the plague by accident, or tried to take the other three in the alliance using the plaque.

That may be why the remaining races are reluctant to share information, also why it’s hard to find them or information on the Furlings It may be a sore spot on the Asgard and Nox . It could have been a power struggle the Furlings were planning to take over and forming the alliance was a ruse, they almost killed all the ancients and after what happened the Asgard felt they had to protect some planets, and Nox became Passive.

What ya think.
                            The new enemy was one person, and that was Adria. On some interview of the celebration of the 200 episode, Robert Cooper and TPTB said the Furlings were going to be ewy ewy and theyre probably be cute and cudly. So I know they arent because the ancients were part of the great alliance. Besides, Its basically proven by Daniel that the Ori caused the plague.
                            Last edited by Cameron Mitchel; 29 June 2006, 04:40 PM.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
                              The Archway device was golden in colour and similar to Mayan design so could the Furlings be the originators of the Mayan mythology?
                              No, Goauld. Goauld werent only in Egyptian mythology. Cronus was Greek. Telchak was a Gouald in the areas near South America and Central America, it was probably Goauld that influenced Mayan Mythology.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

my personal opinion is that the furlings are a proud and powerful race, not evil, if they were you could probably of counted on the acneints / asgard wiping them from exsistance, evidence sujests that the 4 races were all goods and met at that castle on the planet were ernist was to discuss aliance problems and exchange information, i'd think that the alliance worked side by side creating technologies to help each other from other foes, ancient foes. I have no evidence to back this but it makes sense,

it makes no sense a alliance of big hitters like ancients (known to be good), nox (known to be good) & asgard (known to be / baby sitters) that the furlings would be evil, it would go against the other 3 races and what they were trying to do. as the asgard said we were on our way to becoming the "5th race" but we were still young. are we evil? in the reality of stargate the tauri / humans are good. see the pattern?

As for the furlings returning in season ten, i think the assended are behind it, they aided us once against the ori by sending "Orlin" in child form to create a cure for the ori plague. So now they've realised that if the ori take this galaxy they will destroy the assended ancients. So thus they recruit the furlings back to aid in the war. as for the asgard i still think we hav'nt seen all whats to be expected. I should also think that the nox will be recruited once more also in aid of technologies to help against the ori, because their butt's are on the line now just as much as ours.

In my opinion i should think towards the end of season ten we will see a new alliance reborn.
                                Tauri / asgard / furlings / nox / jaffa (maybe even ancients if the war rages enough)

the Orii are an extremly powerful enemy and far more than we and the asgard can handle alone WE NEED help, the Ori have assendent knoledge which the knoledge of everything in the universe, our tech or the tech of the asgard combined with jaffa is not enough.

my own person opinion but look at the fleet battle in "Camelot" we had over 40 ships - jaffa / tauri / asgard (only one) but combined fire power didnt even scratch the sheilds of one of the ori ships and at the start they were 4, how many more do you think they will send 20+? if so all the ships in our universe arnt enough. 4 vs 40 and they won with ease... it was like throwing paper at fire.

Comment

Working...
                                X