Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I said they were the most popular theories, not that I subscribed to them.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
      I said they were the most popular theories, not that I subscribed to them.
      oh I know, I was sorta talking to myself...

on the forum
      Long live the Asgard

Long live my buddy Thor

Comment

I think the Season ten or eleven (if there is one, and i hope there is 0would be the perfect tiem to introduce the Furlings. With the new threat in our galaxy, i think the old alliance should be reformed, the Asgard, Nox and Furlings teaming up with the good ol dhumans of earth to try and defeat the Ori. TIs about time the Nox did something and the Furlings, well we have only seen one piece of technology from them in 9 seasons, whats that about!!!!

As for episode 200 if they introduce the Furlings then great but they need to play a part in the rest of the series, jsut like the Asgard have becuase the Asgard are awesome but when they introduced the Nox that was it they have faded out, they never added anything to us....i also want to see the Tolan back, well just Narim actually i think he could be of great help, plus he was cool. The main reason im looking forward to the 200 ep is that Richard is back....admit it, stargate hasnt been the same since Jack left, and might i say the same can be said for Janet and Hammond and even Jacob....miss them all!!!
        Those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust.

sigpic

Comment

Of course we miss them all. The writers did such a great job with all their characters that it kind of left a lump in your throat when they either died or had to leave. I don't think SG-1 will ever be quite the same, but I think that it can be just as good. Especially if they do do the Renewed Alliance thing. That would be kinda cool.
          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I was thinking about some of the unfinished story arcs in SG1 today, crystal skull etc and it got me thinking about the Furlings. Have we already seen them in SG1?

The ship from that episode Grace. Could that be a Furling ship? Seemed pretty advanced so perhaps...

That weird energy like being called Quetlezcoat from the episode Crystal skull, a strong candidate I think, would be cool if it was a Furling tho

The Foothold aliens from the episode Foothold, doubt these guys are Furlings but we haven't seen them since either.

Any opinions?

Comment

TPTB have already stated that we've not seen the Furlings already.

But, if not, The Crystal Skull Aliens would be good canidates.

Spoiler:
              Also, Rumour has it that we're going to see the Furlings in the Upcoming episode 200, but they could be Martin Lloyd "Rip-offs" of Furlings, akin to how Teal'c Was an Android, Jack was a Womaniser, Daniel was a Glasses Wearing Nerd, Sam was a Tom-Boy & the Jaffa were Cannon-Fodder. So, they might be called "Fuzzlings" as someone else on Gateworld has said.

Comment

They were talking about doing a furling episode for big 200 but they pulled the willie garson story outta their @$$e$. I think they might try to introduce Martin Loyd's race as the furlings.

Also, at the time of Ripple Effect, it was stated that thor and Heimdall were off on an important mission. I think it might be to seek the aid of the furlings.

Best Stargate quote:
                Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
                  TPTB have already stated that we've not seen the Furlings already.

But, if not, The Crystal Skull Aliens would be good canidates.

Spoiler:
                  Also, Rumour has it that we're going to see the Furlings in the Upcoming episode 200, but they could be Martin Lloyd "Rip-offs" of Furlings, akin to how Teal'c Was an Android, Jack was a Womaniser, Daniel was a Glasses Wearing Nerd, Sam was a Tom-Boy & the Jaffa were Cannon-Fodder. So, they might be called "Fuzzlings" as someone else on Gateworld has said.
                  When Executive Producer Robert C. Cooper was asked "Will we ever meet the Furlings?", his answer was "Who says we haven't?"

Comment

Yeah...but before that... ermm... THEY KEEP CHANGING THINGS!... Anyway... I think it'd be those naked Fungus People in False Step... they seemed "Deep," so to speak, like the Nox, Asgard or Ancients... Maybe they became Retarded due to the effecs of something? Maybe the planet SG-1 visited was the Mental Institution of the Furlings, where they sent the "Mentally Handicapped" Furlings to live... (?) Maybe...

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                      They were talking about doing a furling episode for big 200 but they pulled the willie garson story outta their @$$e$. I think they might try to introduce Martin Loyd's race as the furlings.

Also, at the time of Ripple Effect, it was stated that thor and Heimdall were off on an important mission. I think it might be to seek the aid of the furlings.
                      martin loyds race was destoryed that would make for some crapy technologly avanced furlings...the guauld suk!
                      Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                      Anime signature in spoiler tag
                      Spoiler:
                      Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

It would fit the Stargate story perfectly!!!

Reasons...

The writers probably choose the name Asgard because in Norse Mythology Thor killed the Midgard Serpent (aka The World Serpent). It just so happens that the leader of the Asgard people in Stargate is Thor and he is against the Goauld, who are snake like.

But where is the legendary all knowing Odin...aka Thor's father???

Odin in Norse Mythology gave up 1 eye for wisdom. Odin was eventually killed in Ragnarok (final war) while battling Fenrir. Fenrir was a giant wolf.

You can't have Thor without Odin...

Maybe......

The Furlings betrayed the Alliance which forced the Ancients/Nox/Asgard to take action.

End results.....

1. The Asgard can no longer reproduce and are forced to clone new bodies. Odin is killed battling Fenrir...probably the leader of the Furlings.
                        2. The Nox decide not to interact with any other species because they may have felt partly to blame for the war. This could be the main reason why they choose to hide all the time.
                        3. The Ancients, also feel that it is their fault for interfering with matters which led to the war. That is why...as ascended beings...they will only watch.
                        4. Furlings either ran or were wiped out but so far none of their technology has been found in the MW. Well...except in 'Paradise Lost'.
                        5. Alliance is gone. Just because the Ancients left you still have 3 powerful allies remaining that can keep the Alliance going....unless there was a powerful enemy...aka The Furlings.
                        6. Since everyone is gone or is severely weakened because of the Great War....Goauld take over.
                        7. Why were there so many drones on Earth? They were there before the Goauld came to power. Did the Ancients think the Wraith might make it to Earth? Or was there another threat?????????????????????????????????

We've met the Asgard and even the Nox. We've seen countless Ancient cities and technology. But where are the Furlings? I'm sure they were a highly advanced species or they would not have been a part of the Alliance.
                        Last edited by j619pinoy; 15 April 2006, 07:57 PM.

Comment

I disagree... simply because we haven't really been given any indication of what the Furlings were like... and if anything, they must've been very peaceful, much like the Nox, if their paradise moon is anything to go by.

The Ancients on the other hand ;-)

Comment

Um, according to myth, raganorok will be the end of the world/universe so a new one can be created, that hasn't happened yet.

Comment

Originally posted by j619pinoy

Reasons...

The writers probably choose the name Asgard because in Norse Mythology Thor killed the Midgard Serpent (aka The World Serpent). It just so happens that the leader of the Asgard people in Stargate is Thor and he is against the Goauld, who are snake like.

Odin in Norse Mythology gave up 1 eye for wisdom. Odin was eventually killed in Ragnarok (final war) while battling Fenrir. Fenrir was a giant wolf.

Maybe......

The Furlings betrayed the Alliance which forced the Ancients/Nox/Asgard to take action.

End results.....

1. The Asgard can no longer reproduce and are forced to clone new bodies. Odin is killed battling Fenrir...probably the leader of the Furlings.
                              2. The Nox decide not to interact with any other species because they may have felt partly to blame for the war. This could be the main reason why they choose to hide all the time.
                              3. The Ancients, also feel that it is their fault for interfering with matters which led to the war. That is why...as ascended beings...they will only watch.
                              4. Furlings either ran or were wiped out but so far none of their technology has been found in the MW. Well...except in 'Paradise Lost'.
                              5. Alliance is gone. Just because the Ancients left you still have 3 powerful allies remaining that can keep the Alliance going....unless there was a powerful enemy...aka The Furlings.
                              6. Since everyone is gone or is severely weakened because of the Great War....Goauld take over.
                              7. Why were there so many drones on Earth? They were there before the Goauld came to power. Did the Ancients think the Wraith might make it to Earth? Or was there another threat?????????????????????????????????

We've met the Asgard and even the Nox. We've seen countless Ancient cities and technology. But where are the Furlings? I'm sure they were a highly advanced species or they would not have been a part of the Alliance.
                              the furlings are probaly gonna be our freinds not our enamys..i meam the ori are bad enough enamys
                              Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                              Anime signature in spoiler tag
                              Spoiler:
                              Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701
                                In the ‘crystal skull’ the 'giant aliens spoke to Jackson in Mayan. In the episode when Jack and Mayborne are transported to the furling moon Mayan text was used. The Mayans built huge pyramids and strange alters maybe the idea and construction techniques were given to them by the Furlings, later adopted by the Gould. To bolster this idea i recently came across this pic from some museum. Ship like?
                                Even more proof that the ship in ep 7.13 "Grace" was a Furling Ship! It looks just like the ship!

Originally posted by j619pinoy

Reasons...

Maybe......

End results.....

Dude, No! No Dude!

If that was the case, in ep 2.15 "The Fift Race" when the Asgard mention them (The Furlings) they would have said something like "And the Traderuss Furlings!". Also Thor died at Ragnarok too!
                                Last edited by JedI Master of the Gate; 16 April 2006, 06:20 AM.
                                The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
                                Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

Comment

Working...
                                X