Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"" They have really slow ships. That's why all of the Aschen planets are close together. If they were smart, they probably tried to access the stargate on another planet, however, it seems illogical because they barely had any other addresses. Once one planet is sucked, near bye planets get effected too. They have slow ships, they're not gonna get anywhere. ""

In the episode "2010", the Ashen wiped out the Goa'uld. Yes, the Tauri had a hand in helping to bring the Goa'uld to their knees, but can you seriously believe that the Ashen could have done this without possessing fast, powerful ships of their own? Get real! You also have to throw in Annubis as another Goa'uld that got what was coming to him in this timeline.
    As a race possessing massive, agricultural harvesting ships that can also whip up a bio-bomb in short notice, not to mention superior teleportation tech that doesn't require rings, and computers that can be used for time travel, the Ashen are definitely a handful.
    Fast, powerful ships with advanced teleportation tech won't have any problems in dumping a stargate in a place where the sun doesn't shine. A forcefield and an antigraviton field will supress the effects of a black hole-linked gate, giving the Ashen plenty of time to deal with this problem.
    And who knows? There is a very real possiblilty the Ashen could have already reversed-engineered the stargate.

Comment

The Aschen would have no problem taking care of the Goa'uld in one way.

Open the gate, throw in a biological weapon, close gate. Dial next goa'uld planet.

If they came in ships... that would be a problem. Unless the Aschen just happens to have some überweapon.

Comment

Originally posted by Devil_U_Know
        Not necessarily, Mio. We all know it's possible for a human being to live for thousands of years. Just look at all the hosts for the Goa'uld, for example. The system lords Yu, Apophis, Ra, as well as Hathor inhabit human bodies that have been kept in good condition due to Goa'uld sarcophagus technology.
        With the Ashen's advanced knowledge in biological sciences and other technologies, I wouldn't be surprised to find out if they also take "coffin" breaks to rejuvenate themselves. We already know that repeated use of the Goa'uld sarcophagus tech on a human mind and body is bad for you. If the Ashen are using this technology also, they could very well be suffering from the same effects as well.

It would certainly explain a lot about the Ashen's dull and boring nature.

Then again, they might also be employing cloning technology that is similar to what the Asgard use. They can xerox a guy but they left out the personality and a sense of humor.
        By Sarcophagus tech, not thousands. See 'Need' for details on THAT.

I think the sarc, since derived from Ancient healing tech, would be more advanced than the Aschen medical stuff....esp since their technology couldn't ressurect Hammond in 2010.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
          1. Aschen: They are assumed to be weak currently. Seriously, Earth almost perished when they activated to a blackhole. As someone said, the Aschen depend on patient. They have really slow ships. That's why all of the Aschen planets are close together. If they were smart, they probably tried to access the stargate on another planet, however, it seems illogical because they barely had any other addresses. Once one planet is sucked, near bye planets get effected too. They have slow ships, they're not gonna get anywhere.

Spoilers:

Hmmm... I must have missed something in the Ashen story line. I remember 2001 when they thwart the Ashen's atempt to send the bio-bomb through the gate, by Sam dropping from the ship and through stargate to warn SGC to close the iris. However, how did the Ashen gate to a blackhole? I must have forgotten somthing.

Comment

They were given a list of gates, as a goodwill-gesture. Goa'uld strongholds, back hole and that kind of nice planets.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
              At least in the cases of Hathor and the Tollan, they are not "unfinished business". They have met their ends, the reluctance of some fans to accept that won't change it.
              I agree... I don't think they are coming back. I would like to see the Achen arc be wrapped up though.

Comment

Hathor, we all saw her death due to the hands of Jack, i don't know how anyone can say she didn't die. And the Tollans, they can easily just be called 'a dead race', unless they actually do another episode about them being alive, but i think they have met their end.
                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

How come weve seein 3 out of the 4 rases that the Asgrad spoke. Nox, Asgard, anchints wich we will in Atlantis but weve only vagely herd of
                  the furlings. I think sens this might be the last sesun of sg.1 we should
                  see them soon.

Comment

Although this topic was already discussed in previous threads i dont think we will see the Furlings, but since it maybe the last season, i have a slighty higher hopes.
                    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

If the Furlings are not shown in season eight of SG-1, there's always Atlantis.
                      Maybe the Furlings left our galaxy to keep an eye on the Wraith....
                      sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Apophis used the Goa'uld hand bracelet to surround himself with a forcefield when surrounded by replicators on the bridge of Cronus' former flagship in the 5th season episode "Enemies"

Replicators could clearly be seen crawling all over the forcefield but were unable to make contact with Apophis. The forcefield couldn't save him however from smashing into his new base.

Hathor also possessed and used a Goa'uld hand bracelet. By projecting a forcefield of her own, she would have easily survived the plunge into that ultra-cold liquid nitrogen. SG-1 never bothered to check to make certain that Hathor had indeed "check out" permanently. You would think they would at least be more thorough, especially since Hathor is a Goa'uld queen capable of bredding many thousands of troublemaking Goa'uld larvae.

Comment

Hathor also possessed and used a Goa'uld hand bracelet. By projecting a forcefield of her own, she would have easily survived the plunge into that ultra-cold liquid nitrogen. SG-1 never bothered to check to make certain that Hathor had indeed "check out" permanently. You would think they would at least be more thorough, especially since Hathor is a Goa'uld queen capable of bredding many thousands of troublemaking Goa'uld larvae.
                          Ah but does the forcefield trap air around the subject, no, they would only have enough air for a couple minutes. The shield won't be able to protect the user from temperature. even if air was trapped inised, the temperature would still drop. No, i believe that's the last we've seen of Hathor. (but I've been known to be wrong before)

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
                            Ah but does the forcefield trap air around the subject, no, they would only have enough air for a couple minutes. The shield won't be able to protect the user from temperature. even if air was trapped inised, the temperature would still drop. No, i believe that's the last we've seen of Hathor. (but I've been known to be wrong before)

We also know and have seen the Goa'uld hand bracelet used in such a way as to project an invisible repulsive field. Every member of SG-1 has been on the receiving end of this repulsive blast. I don't see why Hathor couldn't have just projected a uniformed repulsive blast all around her that would have cleared out all of the liquid nitrogen.

It's also been noted that Hathor, like Niirti, possessed and used stealth/invisibility technology. This is yet another reason why you just can not assume that Hathor is dead and buried.

Comment

Originally posted by Devil_U_Know
                              We also know and have seen the Goa'uld hand bracelet used in such a way as to project an invisible repulsive field. Every member of SG-1 has been on the receiving end of this repulsive blast. I don't see why Hathor couldn't have just projected a uniformed repulsive blast all around her that would have cleared out all of the liquid nitrogen.

It's also been noted that Hathor, like Niirti, possessed and used stealth/invisibility technology. This is yet another reason why you just can not assume that Hathor is dead and buried.
                              The ribbon device has never demonstrated the ability to project a displacement wave radially about a goa'uld; that is, waves have only been emitted in a direction outward from the red crystal in the palm of the device. Even if Hathor was able to radially emit a displacement wave, I doubt it would have been powerful enough to get rid of ALL of the cryogenic liquid - more would have rushed in around her in its place.

In all instances of the forceshield being used, the shield was stationary and had a base from which to establish itself (the floor). It's unlikely, in my opinion, that a forceshield would have been able to completely encapsulate Hathor and keep her protected indefinitely, even when the HUGE reactor in her compound was blown to bits.
                              "So are we taking your car or mine, or am I just gonna follow you?"
                              Daniel Jackson - "Affinity"

Comment

Dudes,

Will the Furling issue be adressed in Season 8????

Comment

Working...
                                X