This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZakeD View Post
    This isn't the right place to post this..but oh well.

Was just screwing around in sketchup with the new Ha'tak and made this. I know it wouldn't cause teh ship to explode..but oh well.

What happens when a Ha'tak attempts to land on a pyramid:

Pimp!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Extrenix View Post
      Pimp!!!
      i like ur five ships. They look like ancient desgin.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
        That justifys fanwank, using alternate reality is just so cheating..i mean i know i did the shield storyline but that was actually really good IMHO but using alternate reality to retro engineer tollan and Anceint technology just sets a new bar.
        You might as well say that the Ori are good in this reality and gave us weapons and shield technology and the Asurians offered us unlimited ZPM's..
        Err...no. Theres no pointin having it in this reality because my stories would eventually be contridicted by the show. If you dont understand this you're even more stupid than I thought.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
          Err...no. Theres no pointin having it in this reality because my stories would eventually be contridicted by the show. If you dont understand this you're even more stupid than I thought.
          No need for name calling, how hard is it to keep it civil (although i myself admit that i have been less than a pefect gentleman at times)

you can set it in an alternet reality and still keep to the same guidelines as we do, having it in an alternet reality doesn't change the fact that it's fanwank...applying your logic about alternet realities would mean that i could design any conceivable ship and just set it in another reality
          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

The show isnt goign to contradict anything, its over for the most part and the technology you are using in those ships are already cannon, so whiching to another reality does nothing but weaken the credibility of your specs.
            I have been designing for a while and i havent ever said " this is in naother reality just because i dont want the show to say i cant do this", i dont care if the show contradicts me, they are designs that i have come up with that a usually based on things that have been adapted from the show. This is all uncannon, but just because the show could contradict you doesnt mean you should think that your designs are in need of a reality shift..
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

Well my stories are set during the Ori invasion of Earth. If I didnt have an alternate reality for this people would complain after they get destroyed in the show. (The good guys always win ) Also I can keep writing even after the show is gone

Spoiler:

Carter?

I... haven't left yet

Comment

or you could have set it after or during the ori conflict, im not going to stop doing ship design or the gateworld fleet's as soon as SG1 ends..so why should you? And people are complaining because your using tollan technology that didnt really work to begin with and Ancient technology that we have no idea how it works, for all we know the drone could be a living creature implanted with weapons technology; trying retro engineering that and you might find it a little tricky..
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                11000! green me

Comment

I've explained how I got tollan tech. From a hidden tollan database in a small outpost that the Goa'uld missed

Spoiler:

Carter?

I... haven't left yet

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
                    I've explained how I got tollan tech. From a hidden tollan database in a small outpost that the Goa'uld missed
                    if thats the case then why not set it our reality? it would have more credability
                    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Boy, this thread is stone cold dead.

Comment

I know ive never seen it this dead, there like there is no designs left to post...we need new blood
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

Hello

You're not too wrong. This thread seems to have gone down..so let me introduce some new blood....I've designed some vessels which go with my fan fiction(s) that I'm currently writing (Asgard conundrum at Scifi meshes writing forum if you are interested).
                          Now please take into account that as i cannot really draw in 3d, I'm not too good at 2d either...they are just basic sketches that i put together...
                          tell me what you think

the links are:
                          http://www.thelordofeternaldarkness.com/astrum.jpg
                          http://www.thelordofeternaldarkness....starjumper.jpg

I'm currently taking lessons in using Maya 8, which isn't very easy to understand at the best of times...but once I'm done, I will attempt to put my ships into some kind of 3d shape..though it may take a little while..

Satnam
                          strength must be balanced with sweetness of temperament

Comment

Use sketchup and maybe some specs would be cool Also if you want ill read the fanfiction, just post a link
                            sigpic
                            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                              I know ive never seen it this dead, there like there is no designs left to post...we need new blood
                              *que dramatic music*

so enters me

I've been a fan of Stargate for a while now and have been lurking this site for a few months now. Finally joining to show off some of my "stuff".

Be kind but fair about my ship. I usually have alot of ideas concerning ships, and I currently am attending college for animation and 3D modeling so I can get relativley what I want if I model it out. But it doesnt always hurt to get some help right?

Tell me what you think.

My Ship The Poseidon
                              Spoiler:
                              Name: The Poseidon

Registry: BC-404

Type: Deep-space Battle Cruiser

Technology base: Tauri / Asgard / Goa’uld

Operators: Mostly tauri personnel, 2 Asgard, various jaffa

Naval Classification: USAF BC-404

Hull: Trinium Hull

Decks : Bridge, briefing room, engineering room, infirmary, officers mess, armory

Dimensions: I don’t know the exact dimension, but it should be the same size if not slightly larger than the Daedalus.

Crew: 150 - 200 total personnel on the ship, 2 Asgard configuring the shield power and hyperdrives, tauri scientists, tauri special forces for troops combined with some various Jaffa soldiers

~Maximum Personnel: at most this ship can carry up to 500 people due to low supply of food rations and recycled air.

~Troops: When in battle the ship is able to hold 200 people. It can take more as the time goes, but it will need time to stop on planets with air to re-supply with new fresh air.

Craft: This ship is mainly a battle cruiser, meaning it is there for firepower. It is fast enough to outrun a hatak mothership, defensive enough to hold against anything thrown at it and powerful enough to put a decent fight in battle.

Vehicles: 3 retro fitted hummers, 10 F-302’s, and 10 ATV’s. (retrofitted, made for recon missions and have weapons attached)

Power plant: Mark IX Generators. They utilized the “stargate buster” bomb into an experimental generator that can generate new levels of power not seen in the previous ships of the tauri.

Engines:
                              Sublight Engines - Ion Particle Engines (faster and stronger than normal sublight engines)

Hyperdrive Engines - Standard Asgard hyper drive that extend out of the main body (like the puddle jumper) when the hyper drive is engaged. ((Note no ancient technology is used on this ship, other than the transport rings))

Armament/Weapons:
                              Weapons Specifications

1. Two main plasma canons fitted to front of the ship. These were off the designs of the Tauri after the study of Goa’uld plasma canons and Tolan ion canons.

2. The secondary weapon system is a Missle system consisteng of forward facing tubes and two aft tubes(30). The payload is comparable to a nuke. This system is used to hold off the enemy while the primary weapon recharges.

3. 15 rail guns all around the ship for anti-fighter protection. They drop in and out of the outer hull when given the order.

4. Main Rail gun battery. This is the new design for the rail gun. Packing more of a punch than all 15 of the other smaller rail guns combined. Perfect for depleting shields, this giant rail gun basically shoots batterys laced in naq. So when the ammo hits shields, it creates secondary explosions causing the shields to be stressed out. Combined with other weapons and it pierces through the shield.

Defences:
                              Advanced Asgard Shields. Toss out those standard shields used on previous ships, this one is made for the O’Neill class warships. Being powered by the MarkIX this makes the most powerful shields the Tauri has ever had. But just because they’re powerful doesn’t make them invincible. The increased power leaves it open to overload.

Other Technology:
                              1. Multiple Signal Generators
                              2. Advanced Jamming system
                              3. Deep space Scanners
                              4. Ring Transport
                              5. Beaming technology

The multiple signal generators are unique. They cause the enemies radar to show multiple targets. So unless they can physically see us they will have a hard time targeting us. This technology is useless against the wraith since they can sense where we are.

The advanced jamming systems stop the enemy from communicating with each other, also useless against the wraith.

Deep space scanners are advanced Asgard scanners from the help of good ol’ Tauri ideas. Asgard created satellites that are sent from the ship and are able to scan further ahead incase there is a hidden enemy.

Rings and beaming are standard as always.

Short Story about the Poseidon
                              Spoiler:
                              Technical and Historical Notes: As the Ori invades the Milky Way galaxy Earth began “Project Poseidon” which is from the combined mines of all of Earth’s Alliance (USA, Canada, Russian, China, etc), Top Asgard Scientists and Jaffa warriors in an attempt to create the next model of Battle Cruiser. Designed by modern Russian/American Submarine engineers, run by the most qualified personnel available from different galaxies, this ship like the Prometheus is experimental.

Its first experience in battle was taking on 2 Wraith Hive ships. With the new plasma canons and new rail gun now online, the first ship was easily taken out. The second wraith hive ship jumped away in hyperspace as its sister ship was easily taken down. Its second mission was to investigate an anomaly in our galaxy. It turns out the Lucian Alliance mistakenly came into our space and was on their way to Earth to give a surprise attack on its enemy. What it didn’t expect was the new earth ship Poseidon lying in wait for them. So the face off was set in stone and a major victory for the Tauri, not only advancing them as the main power in the Milky Way but also causing the Lucian Alliance to call for surrender. 8 upgraded Hatak Class motherships against one Earth vessel. The Lucian Alliance expected an easy win. They started to worry as 2 of their ships were taken out minutes into the battle. In the end with minimal damage, the Poseidon came back to Earth basking in their glorious win. Little did they know they were also going to face their first loss as a relatively new ship. While on recon in the Pegasus galaxy helping the Daedalus with some new ancient warship found floating in space, they were both attacked. The Poseidon’s hyperdrive was inoperable as 3 Wraith Hive ships and 6 cruisers attacked out of nowhere. The Daedalus powered with a ZPM was still the weaker off the two ships, in terms of firepower, began in the twin assault on the ships. Taking damage, the Daedalus was told to distract a few hive ships as it gets its hyperdrive online. 1 Wraith Hive ship and 2 Cruisers attacked the Daedalus as the limping Poseidon attacks the remaining Wraith ships. With the new plasma weapons, upgraded rail guns and new missiles the wraith cruisers were easily taken out and one of the wraith hive ships was taken down. Daedalus shields were about to fail so they were given the order to jump back to Atlantis. They get the hyperdrive back online as their shields suddenly fail. Explosions occur all around the ship as the entire wraith shots hit the hull. A few lucky hits a section of the ship causing a hull breach and many casualties. The Poseidon jumps away before anymore damage can be done.

Some pics of is that I have modeled out so far. I suck at texturing so dont flame me about it lol.
                              Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                              Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by Hierakonpolis View Post
                                *que dramatic music*

so enters me

I've been a fan of Stargate for a while now and have been lurking this site for a few months now. Finally joining to show off some of my "stuff".

Be kind but fair about my ship. I usually have alot of ideas concerning ships, and I currently am attending college for animation and 3D modeling so I can get relativley what I want if I model it out. But it doesnt always hurt to get some help right?

Tell me what you think.

My Ship The Poseidon
                                Spoiler:
                                Name: The Poseidon

Registry: BC-404

Type: Deep-space Battle Cruiser

Technology base: Tauri / Asgard / Goa’uld

Operators: Mostly tauri personnel, 2 Asgard, various jaffa

Naval Classification: USAF BC-404

Hull: Trinium Hull

Decks : Bridge, briefing room, engineering room, infirmary, officers mess, armory

Dimensions: I don’t know the exact dimension, but it should be the same size if not slightly larger than the Daedalus.

Crew: 150 - 200 total personnel on the ship, 2 Asgard configuring the shield power and hyperdrives, tauri scientists, tauri special forces for troops combined with some various Jaffa soldiers

~Maximum Personnel: at most this ship can carry up to 500 people due to low supply of food rations and recycled air.

~Troops: When in battle the ship is able to hold 200 people. It can take more as the time goes, but it will need time to stop on planets with air to re-supply with new fresh air.

Craft: This ship is mainly a battle cruiser, meaning it is there for firepower. It is fast enough to outrun a hatak mothership, defensive enough to hold against anything thrown at it and powerful enough to put a decent fight in battle.

Vehicles: 3 retro fitted hummers, 10 F-302’s, and 10 ATV’s. (retrofitted, made for recon missions and have weapons attached)

Power plant: Mark IX Generators. They utilized the “stargate buster” bomb into an experimental generator that can generate new levels of power not seen in the previous ships of the tauri.

Engines:
                                Sublight Engines - Ion Particle Engines (faster and stronger than normal sublight engines)

Hyperdrive Engines - Standard Asgard hyper drive that extend out of the main body (like the puddle jumper) when the hyper drive is engaged. ((Note no ancient technology is used on this ship, other than the transport rings))

Armament/Weapons:
                                Weapons Specifications

1. Two main plasma canons fitted to front of the ship. These were off the designs of the Tauri after the study of Goa’uld plasma canons and Tolan ion canons.

2. The secondary weapon system is a Missle system consisteng of forward facing tubes and two aft tubes(30). The payload is comparable to a nuke. This system is used to hold off the enemy while the primary weapon recharges.

3. 15 rail guns all around the ship for anti-fighter protection. They drop in and out of the outer hull when given the order.

4. Main Rail gun battery. This is the new design for the rail gun. Packing more of a punch than all 15 of the other smaller rail guns combined. Perfect for depleting shields, this giant rail gun basically shoots batterys laced in naq. So when the ammo hits shields, it creates secondary explosions causing the shields to be stressed out. Combined with other weapons and it pierces through the shield.

Defences:
                                Advanced Asgard Shields. Toss out those standard shields used on previous ships, this one is made for the O’Neill class warships. Being powered by the MarkIX this makes the most powerful shields the Tauri has ever had. But just because they’re powerful doesn’t make them invincible. The increased power leaves it open to overload.

Other Technology:
                                1. Multiple Signal Generators
                                2. Advanced Jamming system
                                3. Deep space Scanners
                                4. Ring Transport
                                5. Beaming technology

The multiple signal generators are unique. They cause the enemies radar to show multiple targets. So unless they can physically see us they will have a hard time targeting us. This technology is useless against the wraith since they can sense where we are.

The advanced jamming systems stop the enemy from communicating with each other, also useless against the wraith.

Deep space scanners are advanced Asgard scanners from the help of good ol’ Tauri ideas. Asgard created satellites that are sent from the ship and are able to scan further ahead incase there is a hidden enemy.

Rings and beaming are standard as always.

Short Story about the Poseidon
                                Spoiler:
                                Technical and Historical Notes: As the Ori invades the Milky Way galaxy Earth began “Project Poseidon” which is from the combined mines of all of Earth’s Alliance (USA, Canada, Russian, China, etc), Top Asgard Scientists and Jaffa warriors in an attempt to create the next model of Battle Cruiser. Designed by modern Russian/American Submarine engineers, run by the most qualified personnel available from different galaxies, this ship like the Prometheus is experimental.

Its first experience in battle was taking on 2 Wraith Hive ships. With the new plasma canons and new rail gun now online, the first ship was easily taken out. The second wraith hive ship jumped away in hyperspace as its sister ship was easily taken down. Its second mission was to investigate an anomaly in our galaxy. It turns out the Lucian Alliance mistakenly came into our space and was on their way to Earth to give a surprise attack on its enemy. What it didn’t expect was the new earth ship Poseidon lying in wait for them. So the face off was set in stone and a major victory for the Tauri, not only advancing them as the main power in the Milky Way but also causing the Lucian Alliance to call for surrender. 8 upgraded Hatak Class motherships against one Earth vessel. The Lucian Alliance expected an easy win. They started to worry as 2 of their ships were taken out minutes into the battle. In the end with minimal damage, the Poseidon came back to Earth basking in their glorious win. Little did they know they were also going to face their first loss as a relatively new ship. While on recon in the Pegasus galaxy helping the Daedalus with some new ancient warship found floating in space, they were both attacked. The Poseidon’s hyperdrive was inoperable as 3 Wraith Hive ships and 6 cruisers attacked out of nowhere. The Daedalus powered with a ZPM was still the weaker off the two ships, in terms of firepower, began in the twin assault on the ships. Taking damage, the Daedalus was told to distract a few hive ships as it gets its hyperdrive online. 1 Wraith Hive ship and 2 Cruisers attacked the Daedalus as the limping Poseidon attacks the remaining Wraith ships. With the new plasma weapons, upgraded rail guns and new missiles the wraith cruisers were easily taken out and one of the wraith hive ships was taken down. Daedalus shields were about to fail so they were given the order to jump back to Atlantis. They get the hyperdrive back online as their shields suddenly fail. Explosions occur all around the ship as the entire wraith shots hit the hull. A few lucky hits a section of the ship causing a hull breach and many casualties. The Poseidon jumps away before anymore damage can be done.

Some pics of is that I have modeled out so far. I suck at texturing so dont flame me about it lol.
                                Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                                wow! i really really like this ship! it's a great design and the model is amazing prepare to recieve green

it's a great ship normally i'd complain and say the Wraith hive ships would not be so easy to take out but this is such a great ship i'm not going to bother...shame you didn't post this a few days earlier we could have put it in the Gateworld virtual fleet...

Comment

Working...
                                X