This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZakeD
    I guess I could, but why would you want me too? I think your drawing of the Abydos is better than anything I could come up with. Very good/original design. And if I did It would pretty much be the same as what you did, though I would probably do different hull paneling stuff, because theres not really anything on yours I would want to change.
    Well, I have trouble deciding on what is to be the definitive design of the Abydos. I keep changing it at least once a month, heh. I guess if you did it, it would seem more permanent. She'd be a member of our fleet, essentially.

Comment

Well, how many versions have you posted on this thread? I Gotta go looking for them. xD From the ones I saw though, I liked the last one.

Comment

Well, here are all of the versions I've created, from newest to oldest:

Comment

Holy crap. o_0

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD
            Holy crap. o_0
            Well... Yeah.

Comment

Uhm..so anway, I started drawing it and stuff. Won't be done for a while though.

Comment

... Great Scott... at least that would be what I would say but I was here for all of those incarnations so I'm still impressed but not overly awed... I'm sure you'll do that with another design later.

Also I have my second Green Jello Block!

Comment

Is it okay if I change the design some?

Comment

Go for it, ZakeD! I want to see your interpretation of the ship. Not a copy of what I've already done.

Congrats, DF! Way to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet
                      Im sure you can dial the supergate in our galaxy to the spacegate round the blackhole in pegasus. Otherwise it'll have to be 2 spacegates in the milky way with a zpm. Coming back is easy, just use the gate
                      Spoiler:
                      in the pegasus project
                      , it's just getting to the pegasus. If you are able to use the supergate, the transport can fly at whatever speed into it, so you can get all the transports through.
                      I would of said beaming tech, but weren't sure if it would pick up 600,000 people and split them on 2 levels.
                      That was the enitre point of PP, you cant disconnect it. THe ori wont be able to dial in, and we definitly cant dial out. So it two space gates and a ZPM...or the bridge thingy.
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      Stargate : Genesis |
                      Original Starship DesignThread
                      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                        That was the enitre point of PP, you cant disconnect it. THe ori wont be able to dial in, and we definitly cant dial out. So it two space gates and a ZPM...or the bridge thingy.
                        Indeed. Isn't this the subject of another thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Joshua Talon
                          Indeed. Isn't this the subject of another thread?
                          Yeah but these kind of subjects have a habit of drifting into other threads, they leave far faster when the host thread has nothing at all to do with the insergent subject.

Comment

This wasnt about the other PP thread it was about Davidtouney's planetary evac vessel, thats on topic.
                            sigpic
                            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                            Stargate : Genesis |
                            Original Starship DesignThread
                            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                            11000! green me

Comment

This wasnt about the other PP thread it was about Davidtouney's planetary evac vessel, thats on topic.
                              Oh ok, gotcha!

Ok since I'm feeling a little dumb and a little lazy I'm going to give out a new contract.

Design an orbital military starship construction/dock facility with the technology that is currently in use by the SGC and Area-51. I won't accept anything over three miles long wide or high unless you use an asteroid or something to build the base on. It has to be able to move from a lower orbit to a higher orbit and visa versa on it's own power, defend itself and all ships currently at rest in its docks, handle at least three Daedalus class ships at a time.

Have fun with this, after all it is sci-fi.

Comment

The intergalatic bridge seems the more realistic approach, since it doesn't seem we're be getting a zpm any time soon. 30 minutes to pegasus and 30 minutes back so its losing 1 hour per trip in galatic travel, unless they come back via the spacegate connected to the supergate. That way the evac is continuous. So i'll cut it down to 3 trips a day per transport. Of course if we do stop the ori, then these ships can be used as mass supply ships

Comment

Working...
                                X