This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZakeD
    Good job on the ships. I don't think I saw the first pictures of the carrier, but there's something about the current version that I like. I think it's awesome.

As for the Paradigm, good job doing all the other views. The section on the top is a little weird, but it's a good drawing. Do you have a backstory on how the Germans got a ship?

Oh..and did you make pictures for the Tegalus? If so..where could I find those? o_o
    Here is the previous version of the Carrier:
    Spoiler:

I changed it for two main reasons. The first was Because several people had commented on how stupid it was just to have one giant entrance/exit and second because I wanted to resize it to allow for a size comparison with the Paradigm.

I don't know how the germans built the ship, just that they did. They are really good at keeping secrets you know. What did you find odd about the top view? Maybe I could improve it with your help.

Yeah I made pictures for the Tegalus. I'll post them here, I hope it is up to your expectations
    Spoiler:

P.S. did you know that the top view of the Paradigm was the first view that I actually made for it. That was several months ago before I ever had a name or spec sheet for it written up.

Comment

Here is the previous version of the Carrier:
      Spoiler:

I changed it for two main reasons. The first was Because several people had commented on how stupid it was just to have one giant entrance/exit and second because I wanted to resize it to allow for a size comparison with the Paradigm.
      Yeah..the new one is way better. That pictures a little too small. And I like revisions you did in the new version.

I don't know how the germans built the ship, just that they did. They are really good at keeping secrets you know. What did you find odd about the top view? Maybe I could improve it with your help.
      I found the section at the top, the one that has the four big guns on it, strange for some reason. Not quite sure why. It's not something that needs improvement though.

Yeah I made pictures for the Tegalus. I'll post them here, I hope it is up to your expectations
      Spoiler:
      Looks good to me. What are those things at the tips of the wings? I assumed they're some sort of weapon. I'm not sure if I like the greenish coloring though.

Comment

Yeah..the new one is way better. That pictures a little too small. And I like revisions you did in the new version.
        Thank you very much I too like the new version better.

I found the section at the top, the one that has the four big guns on it, strange for some reason. Not quite sure why. It's not something that needs improvement though.
        I was originally planning on putting the missile lanchers up there but I decided against it. Maybe it needs some sort of structure up there to fill in the blank spot.

Looks good to me. What are those things at the tips of the wings? I assumed they're some sort of weapon. I'm not sure if I like the greenish coloring though.
        The things at the end of the "wings" are semi-linear Plasma weapons. They give the Tegalus it's added punch while also taking up a great deal of interior room. Which is the reason it only has four Coil guns instead of six or eight.

The green thing is a fluke. Just imagine that the green is a darker grey, that's what it is supposed to be.

P.S. Nice saucer. What is the race that made it's name? Also do you have dimensions and specs for the saucer yet, or is it just a joke ship?
        Last edited by Daryl Froggy; 24 August 2006, 12:37 PM.

Comment

I did a few updates on my stuff.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...69/a1new-1.png
          http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...umbia55444.png
          And I now have two versions of Thor. This one and the one in my sig.
          http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...69/athoruv.png
          The only difference is that in the new one the paneling looks the same on both sides. Couldn't figure out if I liked it better or not.

Edit: Didn't mean to put the insert image tags.
          Last edited by ZakeD; 21 August 2006, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Thank you very much I too like the new version better.

I was originally planning on putting the missile lanchers up there but I decided against it. Maybe it needs some sor of structure up there to fill in the blank spot.
            Yeah..the launchers are better where you have them now. I just make a bunch of boxes a call it paneling when I need to fill in blank spots.

The things at the end of the "wings" are semi-linear Plasma weapons. They give the Tegalus it's added punch while also taking up a great deal of interior room. Which is the reason it only has four Coil guns instead of six or eight.
            I have no idea what semi-linear means..but I was thinking they were some sort of laser or plasma weapon.

P.S. Nice saucer. What is the race that made it's name? Also do you have dimensions and specs for the saucer yet, or is it just a joke ship?
            Thanks. And I don't know. >> I wanted to have them be named after some religion that was around before the Goa'uld came to Earth. But I know nothing about religion so..they're nameless right now. And I don't have dimensions..but I assume I could make some or something. And it's not a joke ship.

Comment

Nice,all your ships that I can remember have been nice. How can I compare the sizes of your ships together?

By the way semi-linear means that they can target straight ahead of the ship and in a small cone type area that overlaps each other which allow's the two plasma weapons to fire at the exact same spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy
                Nice,all your ships that I can remember have been nice. How can I compare the sizes of your ships together?

By the way semi-linear means that they can target straight ahead of the ship and in a small cone type area that overlaps each other which allow's the two plasma weapons to fire at the exact same spot.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...on35299999.png

Comment

Thanks maybe I'll get around to doing that with all of my ships. To bad I don't have a Prometheus or Daedalus picture made up for comparison perposes.

I really need to get around to making a picture for the Charon class Heavy Cruiser.

Comment

Thanks maybe I'll get around to doing that with all of my ships. To bad I don't have a Prometheus or Daedalus picture made up for comparison perposes.
                    That thing isn't completely accurate. And here's where I got the Prometheus and Daedalus. http://wolfsshipyard.mystarship.com/Misc.html

I really need to get around to making a picture for the Charon class Heavy Cruiser.
                    Don't remember seeing the stats for that one.

Comment

That thing isn't completely accurate. And here's where I got the Prometheus and Daedalus. http://wolfsshipyard.mystarship.com/Misc.html

Don't remember seeing the stats for that one.
                      It's on page 58 of this thread.

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Unnamed-class

-Type: Medium hyperspace capable starship
                        -Users: United States Air Force/Navy.
                        -Technology Base: Tau'ri/Asgard/Goa'uld
                        -Length: 245 meters
                        -Beam: 190 meters
                        -Draft: 65 meters
                        -Displacement: 244335 metric tonnes (1 gee)
                        -Capacity:
                        ~Crew: 125
                        ~Troops: 80
                        ~Maximum Capacity: 300
                        -Powerplant: Two Mk. III Naquada reactors
                        -Propulsion:
                        Two x large sublight ion drives
                        Two x hyperspace window generators
                        Anti-gravity wave generator network
                        -Armament:
                        ~Two x 16" (406mm) coil guns x 500 rounds each
                        ~Two x Mk. 42 VMLS x 40 missile cells each
                        ~Two x RAM-116S defensive missile launchers x 21 rounds each
                        ~Nine x 6.8" (155mm) Rail Guns x 5,000
                        rounds each
                        -Defenses:
                        Asgard-designed shields
                        Trinium-based armor plating
                        Reactive armor plating
                        -Additional Technology:
                        Goa'uld Rings
                        Asgard transporter
                        Asgard sensors
                        -Support Craft:
                        ~Twelve F-302 multi-role strike fighters

What should role of this ship be based on the armament? It's that one I made with the long wings. >>

Comment

Im scraping the Odyesses AC project for the new USS Valor Class the new capital ship ill have a design ready soon so if any one can help me with a back story that would be great

Comment

Here is the U.S.S. Valor class capitall ship the ship is scalled down and the details are not finshed
                            Last edited by Aroura-Gate; 05 September 2006, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Unnamed-class

-Type: Medium hyperspace capable starship
                              -Users: United States Air Force/Navy.
                              -Technology Base: Tau'ri/Asgard/Goa'uld
                              -Length: 245 meters
                              -Beam: 190 meters
                              -Draft: 65 meters
                              -Displacement: 244335 metric tonnes (1 gee)
                              -Capacity:
                              ~Crew: 125
                              ~Troops: 80
                              ~Maximum Capacity: 300
                              -Powerplant: Two Mk. III Naquada reactors
                              -Propulsion:
                              Two x large sublight ion drives
                              Two x hyperspace window generators
                              Anti-gravity wave generator network
                              -Armament:
                              ~Two x 16" (406mm) coil guns x 500 rounds each
                              ~Two x Mk. 42 VMLS x 40 missile cells each
                              ~Two x RAM-116S defensive missile launchers x 21 rounds each
                              ~Nine x 6.8" (155mm) Rail Guns x 5,000
                              rounds each
                              -Defenses:
                              Asgard-designed shields
                              Trinium-based armor plating
                              Reactive armor plating
                              -Additional Technology:
                              Goa'uld Rings
                              Asgard transporter
                              Asgard sensors
                              -Support Craft:
                              ~Twelve F-302 multi-role strike fighters

What should role of this ship be based on the armament? It's that one I made with the long wings. >>
                              I'm guessing it will either be a Missile cruiser or a Battleship but I'm not very skilled at determining this sort of thing.
                              Originally posted by Aroura-Gate
                              Here is the U.S.S. Valor class capitall ship the ship is scalled down and the details are not finshed
                              It looks interesting, if a little bit red. Why did you scrap the Odysseus design?

Edit: I'm still working on the Paradigm's top view but so far no luck with making it look better.
                              Last edited by Daryl Froggy; 21 August 2006, 04:21 PM.

Comment

to big and unwelide to work with

Comment

Working...
                                X