X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aroura-Gate
    So what does every one think of my new ship
    In a smiley: Look at the BSG fleet. Their salvage and repair ship is small and mostly thin. In Halo their flying shipyard is a giant plate with engines on it. What you seem to be describing is a like that, but chock full of unnecessary features.
    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
    The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
    I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
    A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
    That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
    Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
    Caboose: They could be worse?
    Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

The basic internal layout of the Aegis-class carrier. You can see she's a through-deck carrier, meaning that her flight bay runs the length of the ship. This allows the carrier to run flight operations along the lines of the pit at a car race-The fighters land, are quickly rearmed and refueled, and are sent back out again on the same deck. The two port and starboard flight bays are for quick-launch alert fighters and special ops vessels, to keep them apart from the main flight deck operations and therefore unaffected.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master
        In a smiley: Look at the BSG fleet. Their salvage and repair ship is small and mostly thin. In Halo their flying shipyard is a giant plate with engines on it. What you seem to be describing is a like that, but chock full of unnecessary features.
        A.J. Talon, I think that the Aegis's interior is interesting but I also think that it needs more explanation. Other than that it looks fine. Do you think that you could do an over view of the decks?
        Last edited by Daryl Froggy; 25 July 2006, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy
          Um okay but what features are you saying are necessary for this ship? Also do you think that it would be better if it were "taller?"

The main reason I posted the specs on this thread is to get the reactoins and suggestions of the other designers here.

A.J. Talon, I think that the Aegis's interior is interesting but I also think that it needs more explanation. Other than that it looks fine. Do you think that you could do an over view of the decks?
          Er, well, in truth I haven't assigned what each deck is for, eh heh. Truthfully though, the Aegis is designed to have a very flexible and modular layout. The island (the top four decks on the starboard side) are for the main CIC, bridge, some of the ship officer quarters, observation lounge, officer's mess, and several meeting and planning rooms. In the rest of the starboard hull's case, the various decks have rooms that can be outfitted to the commander's wishes. Most of the crew quarters are concentrated in the upper decks, to allow the ship's crew to get to their stations quickly. The pilots and flight deck crew quarters are concentrated in the lower levels. Mess halls, sick bays, offices, rec rooms, storage rooms, armories, and laboratories are placed where the ship's officers decide they should be, with the rooms being outfitted per their roles. A security-card reader and an armored door to modify a room into an armory, for instance. What each deck and room is for is updated in the ship's computers so that a crewperson only needs to check a computer access console (over a hundred placed around the ship) to find out where they are and need to be. Heads (bathrooms) are rooms modified with modular showers, toilets, and sinks that are essentially "plugged into" access points to the ship's sewage and water pipe networks.

It all depends upon the ship's mission that determines what kind of outfitting she'll have. And the commander's preference. In essence, you can "Pimp your Aegis".

Comment

description - v/stol troop transport/dropship/gunship
            name - Valkyrie
            designation - DC-97

lenght - 14.9m
            wingspan - 15.63m
            height - 4.98m
            hull width - 5m

propulsion - 4 general electric J-199 multi purpose thrusters.
            transport capicty - vtol- 30 troops / 15 litters or 5,000kg cargo
            v/stol- 30 troops / 15 litters or 8,000kg cargo
            weapons - 30mm chaingun in nose turret, 12.7mm miniguns X 3 in both door ways and on the assult ramp , up to 3,000kg disposable ordance on 6 underwing pylons [ usualy 16 hellfire missiles and 2 sidwinder missiles]
            crew - pilot, co-pilot , gunner/loadmaster.
            notable fetures - twin boom tail . 2 engines on top of main cabin , 2 above wing roots , swept down wings forms flattened m shape when looked on from front, 2 doors one on each side , large rear assult ramp.slab sided, boxy with heavily chined nose.
            sensors - longbow radar, flir, daylight/ir camerers , laser rangefinder/designator

V/stol capability - .the tecnology is based on the system that made the harrier jump jets so sucessful . this is achived by diverting main engine thrust through reinforced ducts to 4 nossels in each wing tips . the thrust from the nosseles allows the craft to act like a helocopter for a short period of time until the ducts burn out.the thust from 2 engines will hold the crafts weight for all intents and purposes. a series of 15 gas puffer jets around the crafts fuselarge act as control surfaces.

opperational status - . the craft were introducen into operations on may 5 2007 .the craft are stationed 3 to a dadelus class carrier, 9 at atlantis and 2 on the trident class cruisers. in total there are 30 dc-97's in operation. the valkyrie can also be used for medi-vac, electronic warfare , pilot recovery , mid air / deep space fighter refueling
            Last edited by hotshotalpha1; 24 July 2006, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet
              Ladies and Gentlemen on the Original Ship design Thread. I am proud to unveil the design for the Battlecarrier class ship in the virtual fleet thread.
              Please raise a glass or staff weapon which ever you prefer for the Prestige BC-312. (Also my first time properly trying to make a 3d model).

WOW! Great drawing!!

Staff weapon raised!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Bumpity bump.

Comment

It's taken a lot longer then I thought it would, but I should have my ship up later. I just have a question. My 304 class ship has 30 rail guns and the hangers have been turned into a missile hanger. It carry's no aircraft. What would it classify as?
                  Last edited by Sam fisher; 26 July 2006, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Well I have no idea what your ship would be classified as, sorry.

But anyway I have a contract of sorts for everyone.

Design a ship for interplanetary exploration and cargo hauling that uses only the Tech that Earth has a good handle on. This ship will be used by NASA and other such groups through-out the world so design it accordingly.

Here's my meager contribution:

Spoiler:

Icarus

Purpose: Planetary explorer and cargo vessel

Height: 100ft.

Length: 493 ft.

Width: 100 ft.

Crew: 7-9

Cargo capacity: 139,675 metric tonnes

Propulsion:

6x small Area-51 standard propulsion drives

Gravity-wave generators

Defenses:

Light Energy Shield

Titanium Armour

Design requested by the IOA for exploration and cargo hauling within this star system. It was given a back seat by the Pentagon due to the rising Ori threat, but one was produced and by some unlucky twist of fate was named Icarus.
                    Last edited by Daryl Froggy; 28 November 2009, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam fisher
                      It's taken a lot longer then I thought it would, but I should have my ship up later. I just have a question. My 304 class ship has 30 rail guns and the hangers have been turned into a missile hanger. It carry's no aircraft. What would it classify as?
                      Sounds like Frigate, Destroyer, Battleship, or Cruiser. I'd go with Destroyer if I had to guess.
                      This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

Right well this was a model I made some time ago only just started working on it again (forgive the hull its just a basic bump texture)... Started it just after I watched ethon...

I call her the Pendergast

I havent exactly worked out all the specs yet altho very similar to BC-303's
                        McKay - "We need the Zed P M to power the gate!"
                        O'Neill - "What?"
                        Jackson - "Zee P M... He's um... He's Canadian"
                        O'Neill - "I'm sorry"

Comment

Zomg u named a ship after that fool. Meh I supposes its not his fault the writers dont know anything about combat-he was an alright guy...just shouldnt have had command.
                          Semper Vigilans!

Play www.stargatewars.com
                          +
                          Join the Adeptus Astartes

Comment

Originally posted by Aroura-Gate
                            Heres my new ship HEPHAESTUS

Here’s my Orbital and Deep Space Refit and Repair ship I need a good name for it so if any body can think of one that would be helpful

Crew: A crew big enough to build to ships engineers, workers, technicians and the materials to restock and rebuild the ships

Armor: Active Battle Armor system that polarizes the hull of the ship when in coming plasma blasts are detected.

Shielding: Standard Asgard shields from a 304

Sub light: 4 Standard Engines from a 304 and 5 small thruster

Hyper Drive: Standard Hyper Drive from a 304

Weapons: 12 large Rail guns, 24 vertical missile lunch tubes

Scanners: Asgard Sensor array 2 Advanced Search and Recovery arrays

Description: Large Square Plate like Ship big enough to dock with two human starships. 50 decks in total, 40 in between the refit bays to hold all supplies for refit and for on ship use, crew quarters are also located here. The other 10 decks are used in the bridge tower. The docking Clamps are 5 decks tall to ensure proper and secure docking. Weapons are not intended for offensive use, but to defend it’s self if it comes under fire, not made for a prolonged firefight so in order to avoid such a situation, the ship is to fire and open a hyper space window and jump through. This ship is the largest human starship ever made to allow for docking with every type of human made starship.

Can you say HALO rip off....or can you have ripped off the Cradle ship from the HAlO books any more.... one has to wander. I suppose in my original post I should have warned against rip offs. Its a great ship..but its not ur idea.
                            Semper Vigilans!

+

Comment

Originally posted by Publius Aemilius Aper
                              Zomg u named a ship after that fool. Meh I supposes its not his fault the writers dont know anything about combat-he was an alright guy...just shouldnt have had command.
                              Pendergast was a victim of drama. Any real military commander would have launched missiles imediatly after reverting from hyperspace, as was the mission profile. But that wouldn't make for good story telling. Pendergast deserves a reprieve for that, in my opinion.

Comment

YEha thats what I meant
                                Semper Vigilans!

+

Comment

Working...
                                X