This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freyr's mother
    Can someone whip up a design for this *cough* cooky because your designs kick serious @$$:
    I'll see what I can come up with. It's not all that dissimilar to a large carrier I've had kicking around in my head for a while, but the design (in my head) still needs some work before I start modelling. The advantage of having a mindless job, lots of time to think up stuff.

Also, I'm going to try and finish my 302 design once i get through the changes to the Millenial Pride. My computer is on the old side and its having trouble with the work load, keeps crashing on me.

Originally posted by immhotep
    at some point in the future, near future i might need some help with a Genesis project, and if anyone who has good modelling skills would like to help design a ship it would be really reallt sweet, if your interested then add me on MSN or PM me. Cant post the design up cos its top secret for the mo but..yeah id love a model but im totally devoid of artistic skills.
    I may be interested, in helping you out here. I'm still pretty new to 3d moddelling, but I rather enjoy it.

By the way, whats the Genesis project?

Comment

Originally posted by cooky
      I'll see what I can come up with. It's not all that dissimilar to a large carrier I've had kicking around in my head for a while, but the design (in my head) still needs some work before I start modelling. The advantage of having a mindless job, lots of time to think up stuff.

Also, I'm going to try and finish my 302 design once i get through the changes to the Millenial Pride. My computer is on the old side and its having trouble with the work load, keeps crashing on me.

I may be interested, in helping you out here. I'm still pretty new to 3d moddelling, but I rather enjoy it.

Sweet, thanks a lot. Take your time, theres no rush.

I have no idea what the genesis project is. I think Immhotep knows.

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

david, david....no f-304, there is already a dsc(deap space carrier) 304....deady class lol, they wouldnt use same number, nor do i think they can....just say f-302 and variants

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

Ok, part 2 of my Millenial Pride story. See post #360 for part 1 before reading this. FYI, its long.

The Millenial Pride. A ship of grandeur. A ship of power. A ship of hope. She was the first of her class, equiped with the greatest technologies, and luxuries known to the nations of the Grand Alliance. A work of art, as much as a warship.

Completed more than a month before the Millenial Cerimonies durring which she and the first of her sister ships would be commissioned, she flew through her shakedown cruise with resounding success. With three weeks left, she returned to Tuurian Prime, considered the capital of the Alliance by many. There she was opened to public viewing until the start of the cerimonies.

The problem with one thousand years of peace, is complacancy. One week into the public viewings, the last tour of the day would bring a terrible suprise. Just as the Tuurian security forces noticed the tour was running late, the Pride's guns opened up on the shipping berth she was moored to.

Moments later, the shipping berth in ruins, fires burning, the Pride lifted from the ground and made for orbit. Her Ancestor designed shields would've protected her from any attempt to stop her escape, but the Tuurian fleet was in shock, and not one shot would be fired at the Pride that day.

Five days later, all doubt as to the identities of those behind the theft would be laid to rest, the Pride was in the hands of the most notorious pirate in galactic history, Cor Don Alz. His small fleet, now led by the renamed Millenial Plunder, attacked a Tuurian colony.

The Millenial Plunder at the height of its pirate career

Alz used his new flagship to great effect. For many years, its powerfull guns and nearly inpenetrable shields would make his fleet all but unstoppable. Already considered the greatest threat to galactic peace, his theft of the Pride would seal his legend for generations to come.

Then came the Wraith.

Alz was a pirate, but he was also a brilliant strategist. Rarelly, even before aquiring the Pride had he ever had to resort to massive force to get what he wanted. And as the worlds he'd plundered fell one by one to the Wraith onlsaught, he knew that soon, there would be nothing left for him but shattered remains of once strong, rich worlds. Following the defeat of the Alliance fleet sent to Atlantis, Alz was forced to enter the war. He contacted the Combined Alliance command, and in exchange for a pledge that he'd never again attack an Alliance world, he was allowed to keep his fleet, and given a full pardon for all his crimes. He must also do one thing for the Alliance.

His task would be to do what the Alliance had failed to do, contact the Ancestors on Atlantis. His small, ragtag fleet was able to slip past the Wraith lines and make it to the outskirts of the Lantian solar system undedected. The massive Wraith fleet was evidence of the Ancestors continued pressance, but they could not be contacted, so he ordered his ships to make for Lantia's atmosphere with all speed.

The rest of his fleet would die that day, providing a distraction and drawing off enough Wraith forces for the Millenial Plunder to make her move. Alz was able to penetrate the Wraith fleet, skirt the waters of Lantia and finally contact the Ancestors, hidden away beneath the waves. Their message was short, and grim. They were far to outnumbered, had few ships available, and they could lend no aid. The Alliance was on its own.

Twelve years later, the Alliance would fall, another ninety, and the Ancestors would finally give up and flee Pegasus for good. Alz and the Millenial Plunder would, at first watch from the sidelines. With much of his crew, and Alz himself, origionally from Alliance worlds, bitterness over the wraith's conquest would change the pirates. They began a gorilla war against the wraith. Collecting the scattered handfull of Alliance ships that had survived, they would fight back for more than twenty years under Alz's command, claiming credit for the destruction of more than two dozen hive ships. Rumor's of their war would carry to the far corners of the galaxy, turning Alz's reputation to one of fame, rather than infamy.

Not even his death would end it. His second in command, a former Alliance Admiral would take the reigns of the fleet, and Alz's name. He would continue on for another decade before his own death in battle. The tradition would continue for more than two hundred years, with each succeeding leader taking Alz's name, and furthering the reputation of him and his exploits.

Finally, only the Millenial Plunder, badly damaged from her many battles would remain from the fleet Alz had once assembled. The undermaned crew, no longer able to repair the damage would leave her on an uninhabitad world and retire from their war. The Plunder would sit there for more than 9500 years, till she would be discovered by a small band of refugees from a world destroyed by the wraith.

Alz's legend had survived to their time, and they instantly recognized the Millenial Plunder. In her computer files they would find the location of the Alliance fleet that had tried to reach atlantis. The refugees, knowledgable in many advanced sciences, would use parts salvaged from the wreckage there to get the Plunder and five other alliance ships form that fleet operational again.

The legend was reborn. For forty years they would continue the tradition Alz and his pirates had begun. Collecting volunteer crew from many worlds, and waging a gorilla war against the Wraith, with a man named Alz in command. Later, they would add to their fleet, capturing a number of wraith darts, and 2 cruisers. Their success did not go unnoticed, and the wraith, eager to finally end the Plunder's campaigns, would send a large fleet to finally destroy the ship. Barelly a month after capturing their second cruiser, ambushed by part of the wraith fleet, a strange new ship would come to their aid. Daedalus.

The Millenial Plunder when first encountered by the Daedalus

The Atlantis expedition would begin to help in repairing and upgrading the Millenial Plunder, but her damage was great, and her time had come. A month later, while testing some of the repairs done on the Plunder and other salvaged Alliance ships, the fleet would again be ambushed by the Wraith fleet hunting them.

Seven hive ships and more than a dozen cruisers was more than the fleet could handle. Surrounded, the five smaller, weaker Alliance ships were the first to perish. The crew of the Plunder would sacrifice the great vessel, ramming a hive ship, allowing the Daedalus and captured wraith cruisers to escape.

The destruction of the Millenial Plunder was a terrible loss to the small fleet that had flown with her, the captured wraith ships were all that remained. The survivors would form the foundation for the Pegasus Volunteer Corps. The Corps would be trained in U.S. millitary techniques, and serve with distinction as part of Operation Bulls Eye under Air Force General John Hickman. To honour the tradition of the Millenial Plunder, the flagship of the Corps would take the name Cor Don Alz.
          Last edited by cooky; 14 April 2006, 08:12 PM.

Comment

I've posted this picture once before as a dedicated carrier and now I have some technical specs for it. What do you think?

DSC-312 Carter-class

Type: Deep Space Carrier
            Technology Base: Earth/Asgard/Goauld
            Hull: Titanium/trinium Alloy with ceramic composites interwoven
            Dimensions:
            -Length: 346m
            -Width: 181m
            -Height: 72m
            Crew: 100
            Pilots: 157
            Weapons: 8x point defense coilguns
            Support Craft: 75 F-302b's, 1 Jitterbug-class cargo ship(capable of carrying two more if need be).
            Powerplant(s): 6x Mk. IX Naquadah Generator, 1x Medium Asgard Neutrino Ion Generator
            Engines:
            Hyperspace window generator
            4x Earth built Ion Drives
            Anti gravity wave generators
            Defenses:
            -Ceramic Composites(energy/heat dispersion)
            -Advanced Asgard designed shields
            Other tech:
            -Asgard sensor tech
            -Asgard Beaming tech
            Ships of the line
            Carter
            Gilgamish(under construction)
            History(reason for existence):
            While the need for Fighters seem to be diminishing with the recent coming of the Ori’s massive warships. But the need for a large number of fighters in a small area is still a concern for several people involved with the stargate program.

A secondary reason for building this dedicated Carrier is to help support the Atlantis team in Pegasus along with the three Jitterbug transports sent two years earlier.
            Last edited by Daryl Froggy; 28 November 2009, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cooky
              you have a 302 design? How about an F303 design? ive had a design for the next generation of fighter for over a year now, on Gw and its pretty sweet, maybe you could model that insteads of another model of the current F302?

Stargaate: Genesis, The newest Virtal series, weve just release our first episode and we would really like some help with a model of the ship in the series, it would mean tons. Check out our section on SG:U, in the fanfic section or the links in my sig for more info, or just PM me.
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by mburrows
                david, david....no f-304, there is already a dsc(deap space carrier) 304....deady class lol, they wouldnt use same number, nor do i think they can....just say f-302 and variants
                Oh yeah good point in fact i had a new idea:
                FIX-403 (Fighter Prototype) forgive my poor drawing skills (maybe someone could do a bit better with it)

dimensions:
                length: 8m
                wingspan: 4m
                height: 2m

Material:
                Reinforced-Trinium-Aluminium (RTA)

Engines:
                1x Tel'tak hyperdrive
                1x Ion sublight engine
                1 Fusion Thruster
                1 Manouvering Thruster

Defensive weapons:
                2 laser cannons

Offensive weapons
                32 heat-seeking mark VII naquada enhanced nuclear torpedoes

Shields:
                1 small asgard shield generator

Armour:
                2m ionised RTA hull armour

Power:
                1 mark III naquadah generator

sensors:
                Asgard sensors

History of the FIX-403
                New ships need new fighters, so this is the new fighters for the utopia and slayer class warships. As with previous fighters, the hyperdrive isn't very reliable even though it's an Gaould designed hyperdrive. It can however travel 10ly on its own.
                Armed with 16 launchers on each side (in a sam-site formation).
                This is a complete international design, with every country involved in the stargate, involved in this project.

Another note about all the ships
                Many in the international community are feeling that the time is nearly upon them where the stargate program will have to go public.
                While only the G8 countries and afford the slayer-class and the G20 can afford the utopia class. Every developed country in the world can afford at least 3 FIX-403s.

Costs of ships:
                Slayer-class (X-401) - £350million - £500million ($612.5million - $875million)
                Utopia-class (FRX-402) - £75million - £125million ($131.25million - $218.75m)
                FIX-403 - £1million - £3million ($1.75million - $5.25million)

The public are beginning to get suspicious of where their money is going.
                Last edited by Davidtourniquet; 15 April 2006, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Great back story Cooky too bad it will never air on TV(at least not on either of the series running now). Also an awsome ship, just one question, why do the guns appear so large?

Comment

I want the guns to be massive. Though I think I might shrink them a little. The MP class ships were designed by a society that hadn't known real war in a millenia, and the design is meant to reflect that. They are meant to serve as warships, but they were designed to be symbols of the thousand year peace, as well as the GA's grandeur. The elegent design of the hull, combined with the massivelly oversized weapons are symbols.

Lots of sci fi series, stargate included, design space ships with looks in mind first, and military capabilities second. This is actually a good thing story wise in my opinion. Compare the 302 and 304 designs with the other ships in the stargate universe. They are crude, have no arcitecture or artistry to them. And their weapons may leave something to be desired, but they are true warships, were Gua'uld craft are part warship, part symbol of the Gua'uld's power. The designs are meant to inspire fear in the Gua'uld's subjects, and this diminishes the ships military cababilities.

Wraith darts are not fighters, but fast, maneuverable one man harvesters with a weapon mounted on them to help manage their heards of human cattle. They can be employed as a fighter and troop transport, but a 302 is a far superiour fighter craft, as evedinced by the brief encounter we saw in Allies. Hive ships aren't capital warships either, they're the wraith's home. Their size and large number of weapons make them a formidable military craft, but if you took the military hardware out and designed a pure warship around them, it'd be far different. Smaller, faster, more maneuverale and far deadlier. Wraith cruisers are likelly the only wraith ship designed primarilly for combat.

I like seeing the differences in the designs between the different races, and want my ships to reflect that. Look at my 305 transport earlier in this thread, its ugly, and crude. And it should be. Another good series to see this kind of difference between earth built warships and alien built ships that are more "artistic" is babylon 5.

Comment

question: any new things on the abydos?or is it finished?

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

My apologies freyr's mother
                        Last edited by Aotearoa; 15 April 2006, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Someone post some gunship designs.

Best Stargate quote:
                          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                          Green is your friend.

Comment

If there are any problems with this design please inform me and I'll look into them. This ship is to be built in three to six years.

DSG-312 Tegalus-class

Type: Deep Space Gunship
                            Technology Base: Earth/Asgard/Goauld
                            Hull: Titanium/trinium Alloy with ceramic composites interwoven
                            Dimensions:
                            -Length: 130m
                            -Width: 70m
                            -Height: 10m
                            Crew: 8
                            Weapons: 4x coilguns, 2x Felgers
                            Powerplant(s): 4x Mk. X Naquadah Generator
                            Engines:
                            Hyperspace window generator
                            2x Earth built Ion Drives
                            Anti gravity wave generators
                            Defenses:
                            -Ceramic Composites(energy/heat dispersion)
                            -Advanced Asgard designed shields
                            Other tech:
                            -Asgard sensor tech
                            -Goa'uld Cloaking tech
                            Ships of the line
                            Tegalus
                            History(reason for existence):
                            [under construction will be added at a later date]

Comment

OK ive done it. Its not exact like last time but its fairly close. Hope you enjoy it.

By the way heres my attempt at a hatak

Last edited by LightAmp; 15 April 2006, 09:36 AM.
                              It's all for naught though, because Merlin's bling-bling is gonna be what saves the day for us in SG-1

Comment

/Start Transmission/

United Nations Naval Office Priority Transmission
                                058672LN-094

Encryption Code:Red
                                UNN Shipyard Cradle-P3X-4015(code name Troy)

To: Vice Admiral John Shepperd
                                Comander of UNN Exepditionary force,
                                Pegasus Galaxy
                                Lantean system

Subject: New Capital Ship design.
                                Date: November 20, 2010
                                /start file/

Hi, John, I've sent you the specs for our new "Marathon" class ship. I wanted you to use your field experience to help us get rid of the bugs so to speak-You know us nerds rarely get out of the lab anymore. Enjoy:

"Marathon" Class Dreadnaught

Power Plant: 1 Mark III Naquadria Reactor
                                2 Supplement Mark II Naquadria Reactors
                                12 Auxilliary Mark IV Naquadah Generators
                                ZPM interface available(ZPM sadly is not)

Propuslion: Ion Thrusters
                                Mark II Intergalactic Hyperdrive
                                Manuevering thrusters
                                Emergency Thrusters

Defensive
                                Capabilities: Asgard Mark IX Standard Grade warship shield
                                Back up Tau'ri Cold Plasma surface shield
                                Inert Naquadah Outer Armour(2 meters)
                                Energy dispersing ceramic coating(starship grade)
                                Trinium/carbon/Naquadah alloy Hull
                                Point defence Rail Gun system
                                Point defence Missile system

Offensive
                                Capabilities: Forward Heavy Duty Beam Plasma Cannon
                                x50 Missile launch tubes(x10 Sharpshooter II Missiles each)
                                x2 Supplement Heavy Coil Guns(foreward)
                                x10 Missile launch tubes(aft) (x10 Sharpshooter II's each)

Other
                                Equipment: Asgard Transporters
                                Asgard Long Range sensors
                                Tau'ri Hyperspace capable Sensor probes
                                Alteran Ring transportes
                                Internal elevator system

Facilities: x5 Armouries
                                Gym
                                Sick Bay
                                x2 Mess Halls

Extra
                                Personel: x100 Marines(standard)

I won't bore you with all the details You might be interested in the ship's main weapon, however.

We used downloaded knowledge from the subconcious of a Baal clone to modify standard Goa'uld ship cannons into something similar to those damn Ori beams. We used some of the Ancient and Ori blueprints as well. Hopefully this should be able to get through Ori shields. For all our sakes. On your front this weapon should be able to gut a Hive ship from stern to stern.

Relay your comments and suggestions to me as soon as possible.
                                Oh I almost forgot-you should be recieving 3 DSC-304's within the next 2 weeks to bolster your forces-it's too bad about the Atlas and the Midway-at least their crews got out all right.

/End file/

/End Transmission/
                                Last edited by Publius Aemilius Aper; 15 April 2006, 01:40 PM.
                                Semper Vigilans!

Play www.stargatewars.com
                                +
                                Join the Adeptus Astartes

Comment

Working...
                                X