Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha ha, I like the flying brick design and that we are selling it to the Alliance members[what is the monetary exchange gold, naquadah, platinum].The bottom line is the writers on this should be looking on forum like these for ideas to expand earths fleet realistically the posted Destroyers and especially the Ranger Support Ship are very good ideas... You have the Ranger as 160m but its almost as long as the Daedalus in the comparison..

Comment

Originally posted by deadman
      (Battle Ship) BS-101
      Dimensions
      -length: 250 meters
      -width: 150 metes
      -decks: 20 (3 meters each)

Power
      -First Generation Tauri Ion Reactor

Hull
      -Double Triquadium Alloy (Trinium + Titanium + inert Naquada)
      -1/2' Carbon Fiber Plating (adds level of stealth)

Shields
      -Upgraded Asgard Ion Shielding

Propulsion
      -Asgard Hyperdrive Window Generator (2 Thrusters)
      -Ion Sublight Drive (4 Thrusters)
      -Anti-Gravity Wave Generator

Offensive Weapons
      -Twin Frontal 50 meter Coil Guns (10 Naquada enhanced nukes each)
      -Reverse Engineered Ion Cannons (originally Anubis')
      -20 Nuke Silos (2 rows of 10 lining ship's neck like Daedalus')
      -Nuclear Missile Torpedo Bays
      -Coil Guns
      ok your starting to get the point, it doesn't have to be a GOD SHIP just able to holds its own...

Comment

Originally posted by Milleniumlance
        Ha ha, I like the flying brick design and that we are selling it to the Alliance members[what is the monetary exchange gold, naquadah, platinum].The bottom line is the writers on this should be looking on forum like these for ideas to expand earths fleet realistically the posted Destroyers and especially the Ranger Support Ship are very good ideas... You have the Ranger as 160m but its almost as long as the Daedalus in the comparison..
        The exchange is naquadah and natural resources, as we don't have a common currency for exchange besides that. Well, the Daedalus is about 200 meters long, so the Ranger isn't much shorter than her.

Now then: I have a challenge! Devise the history, dimensions, and tech specs of this design of ship:

It is a post-System Lords (Season 8) design of pyramid ship, built with Gou'ald technology. Other than that, it's entirely up to you guys as to what it is, does, and who uses it!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Joshua Talon
          The exchange is naquadah and natural resources, as we don't have a common currency for exchange besides that. Well, the Daedalus is about 200 meters long, so the Ranger isn't much shorter than her.
          I thought that the Daedalus was over 400 meters long. Was I mistaken in this?

Comment

I thought it was more like 250-300m...Wikipedia says 335m that may be a little to long...

Comment

I'm not sure, I think 335 is right.
              http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
              The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Since wiki is all fan input you should also take it at that. There have been scalings from 200m up to 400m. IIRC the 303 has been scaled to over 800m in some CGI shots while 200m in others

Comment

SV-1
                  Dimensions
                  -length: 100 meters
                  -width: 50 metters
                  -decks: 8 (3 meters ech)

-crew: 50

Power
                  -First Generation Tauri Ion Reactor

Shields
                  -Newer Asgard Shielding

Design
                  -Triquadium Alloy
                  -Carbon Fiber Armour
                  -Stealthy Design

Propulsion
                  -Asgard Hyperdrive Window Generator
                  -Ion Sublight Drive
                  -Anti-Gravity Window Generator

Weapons
                  -none

Tech
                  -Asgard Beaming
                  -Deep Space Scanners
                  -Subspace Communication Array
                  -Deep Space Scanner Jammer
                  The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                    Since wiki is all fan input you should also take it at that. There have been scalings from 200m up to 400m. IIRC the 303 has been scaled to over 800m in some CGI shots while 200m in others
                    Well... Let's just say that the Ranger is certainly big, but not quite as big as a Daedalus.

So... Anyone up for my challenge?

Comment

The best scaling of the D i have seen puts it at 450 in length.
                      And a Ha'Tak at 667m diameter.

Comment

Well... To be appearing in a fanfic near you...

THE ADVANCED SPACE COMBATANT PROGRAM

Each of these vessels, submitted by Kaiphantom Fleet Systems and Electric Boat, has been completed and finished their initial test trials. Now comes the hard part. Determining which vessel will make the grade and go into mass-production for the Tau'ri armed forces. The loser will still keep their ship in service, as we need every combat vessel we can get, and may be renewed for production when more resources are available.

May the best ship and crew win!

Innnnn THIS CORNER! A plucky, 1,800 tons, a length of 150 meters, and mounting the latest in missile and kinetic energy weapons technology, theeeee ABYDOS-CLASS DESTROYER!

Annndd in THIS CORNER! Weighing in at 2,200 tons, with a length of 146 meters and packing Earth's first practical heavy directed energy weapon, the one, the only, VORTEX-CLASS DESTROYER!

LLLLLET'S GET READY TO RUMMMMBLE!
                        Last edited by Andrew Joshua Talon; 14 March 2006, 06:29 PM.

Comment

how do you make those?
                          The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by deadman
                            how do you make those?
                            It's all in the wrist, my friend.

Comment

Here's my renovation of Andrew Jashua Talon's first Abydos destroyer design. I call it the Spirit Class destroyer and yes I realize it could indeed be considered a fanwank ship(whatever that actually means).

Spirit-class Destroyer

Type: Small hyperspace capable warship

Technology Base: Tau'ri/Asgard/Goa’uld

Length: 120 meters

Height: 54 meters

Width: 38 meters

Decks: 8.5(the linear beam cannon takes up a lot of room)

Displacement: 18,497 tons

Construction: trinium/titanium reinforced hull.

Crew: 40 (maximum capacity 242)

Power plant: Three Mk. III naquada reactors****, charge accumulator***, scaled down Asgard Ion Generator.

Propulsion: hyperspace window generator

Two ion drives for sub-light speeds

Inertial dampeners

Weapons: 10 x Mk. CCII horizontal “Wild Weasel” Launched Missile Quad-Packs. 60 x naquada enhanced ship-to-ship-to-ground missiles. 3x twin-barrel Felger D.E.W.’s* (on the top). 3x retractable single barrel Felgers (on the bottom). 1x plasma/ion based Linear Beam Cannon**.

Defenses:
                              Asgard shields
                              Armor: Reactive hull plating with trinium/titanium reinforcement

Other technology:
                              Asgard transporter/sensor technology

Historical and Technical Notes

Designed and built by the Rogue NID faction known as “The Trust” it incorporates many weapons and design specs that the design team for the 301's, 302's, 303's, and 304's did not have access too. It was seized three days prior to its planned launch by sections of the Department for Home-world Defense as well as the NID. The technology that was gained by its discovery, while not a match for the Ori’s fleet, is a serious step in the right direction. It was deployed at first with General Jack O’Neill commanding. But he quickly decided that commanding a starship wasn’t for him (after he had to tell his crew to raise shields during a Lucian Alliance bombardment).
                              Its new commander is Lieutenant Colonel Marcie Emerson, an experienced pilot and very well versed in three dimensional tactics (at least as far as earth commanders are). It has fought numerous engagements with the minor threats our galaxy has but is mainly used in a support role for our deep space carriers.

*Directed Energy Weapon

**It takes thirty seconds to charge it in battle situations (i.e. maneuvering with shields up and Felgers firing) and half that under nominal conditions. Its accumulators also can only hold a charge for thirty minutes before too much energy is lost to actually fire the weapon.

***It is situated near the front of the ship and is used to accumulate and store energy because of the massive energy requirements the Linear Beam Cannon has.

**** It is used for propulsion (outside of hyperspace), weapons, and life support.

(Please note, this is a knock-off of Andrew Joshua Talons first Abydos-class destroyer design any additions made to it will belong to Daryl Froggy. Everything else is his including the picture even though I tampered with it...)
                              (*) I took out the picture because I was tired of seeing it around.
                              Last edited by Daryl Froggy; 12 May 2006, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Joshua Talon
                                It's all in the wrist, my friend.
                                seriously, I want to know, just paint?
                                The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X