X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alx View Post
    what that wee thing is tapping your puter? hmm
    turn off the shading and it might read much easier also the more components you use the easier the read. also layering will help the read imensly
    Those are some good tips.
    My computer only has a gig of RAM but a dedicated card of 512. The graphics are great but the speed butt-sucks.
    It's Hewlit Packard.

Those are great tips...turning off the shade might do the trick.

Comment

Also:

camera>perspective helps.

I had an old gateway with 1gb of ram, made a tank that was about 17mb I think. Did take a while to render though.
      Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
        Those are some good tips.
        My computer only has a gig of RAM but a dedicated card of 512. The graphics are great but the speed butt-sucks.
        It's Hewlit Packard.

Those are great tips...turning off the shade might do the trick.
        There are a few tricks you can do to boost your PC. Stuff like defragging, CCleaner, getting rid of any background programs like iTunes or w/e, and adding virtual memory in "System".

If you're on Vista or 7, you can even hook up a solid state flash drive (Any SD variant will do) and use a feature called "Readyboost" to use it as virtual memory for caching and such. My laptop (IBM Thinkpad X41 - before Lenovo) has a 4 gig card that's boosting it and it can run 7 quite decently despite the age.

Actually, you should do that too Alx if you haven't already. Forgot to mention it when we talked about it a awhile back.
        Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
        Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
        Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Also, I forgot to add:

600!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post

Actually, you should do that too Alx if you haven't already. Forgot to mention it when we talked about it a awhile back.
            no need as with the virtual memory boosting this one and me now having switched to modo instead of SU i have 0 issues. for example the ironman suit is subdivided to 5million polys and modo reads it flawlessly

Comment

Meanwhile I'm stuck with an empty bank account and non-pro SU. Started work on the orbital defence weapon

Spoiler:

More on LS-A when I post there
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Experiment 442 View Post
                Meanwhile I'm stuck with an empty bank account and non-pro SU. Started work on the orbital defence weapon

Spoiler:

nice gun

www.darkarmada.nl
                www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Spoiler:
                  http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/2550/201006071957542m56s.jpg[/IMG]

That's a pretty slick looking satellite! APBW? Or a kinetic weapon? (I *heart* railguns)
                  Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                  Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                  Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Its a railgun. I don't know why there aren't people making huge ones and just shoving them onto the sides of ships. They're awesome!
                    sigpic

Comment

Hi all. I'm back posting on SG forums after a while. Anyway, for my fanfic on the Furlings, I'm trying to imagine an incredibly potent Furling powers source used to generate massive amounts of energy for an extremely long duration of time in Furling technological structures sucha s starships. This device would generate comparable ouput to an Ancient ZPM or an Asgard Neutrino-Ion Generator. I'm thinking of having the device generate its immense power by manipulating sub-sub-atomic particles such as leptons.

I can't speculate on the particle physics involved to allow this since my background isn't in any subfield of physics. Would appreciate it greatly if an OSDT thread user who comprehends more than I do could help out.
                      If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                      [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                        There are a few tricks you can do to boost your PC. Stuff like defragging, CCleaner, getting rid of any background programs like iTunes or w/e, and adding virtual memory in "System".

If you're on Vista or 7, you can even hook up a solid state flash drive (Any SD variant will do) and use a feature called "Readyboost" to use it as virtual memory for caching and such. My laptop (IBM Thinkpad X41 - before Lenovo) has a 4 gig card that's boosting it and it can run 7 quite decently despite the age.

AWESOME...

Thank very much...I never knew about the memory boost.

Comment

nice start there mate. i love the design

Comment

Spoiler:

That is one SWEET gun, well done!

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

I don't know why there aren't people making huge ones and just shoving them onto the sides of ships.
                              because they will plasmafy themselves.

but nice sattelite anyway

Comment

Oh... :L

Update:
                                Spoiler:
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X