This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alx View Post
    ok what is "odd" spcificly? the weist is thin yes what else?
    also it will be my take on a body as im not using "makehuman" or any other "cheaty" human making apps also i have not used any refrences to make these 2 "suits" and keep in mind im worjing with sketchup.

anyway,

something more, made a blade and a gun to go with the character.

Enjoy.
    A lot taller?
    ...sorry.

Comment

I'm staying out of this and not saying anything.

sigpic

Comment

i'll say this again.

It is not a human body it is a "suit" that a human wears the suit itself excerts presure on certain areas to either protect that region or boost its efficiancy very similar to what the theoretic "Exoskeleton" concept is.

@saquist
        so you are basing your critique on that it "looks" taller then a normal "human" even tho i havnt provided anything that it could be scaled against?
        personally i wouldve written it off to be "artistic flare" as many many many people do this, manga, anime, video games movies etc. and modeling for me is about expanding my own horizons mainly my imagination and developing my own unique style aswell as learning to make these things animate them etc.

so basicly i intentionally added my "styling" to it to try and add a certain alien/future/modern look and feel to it.

and no need to be "sorry" i was just defending my work and in no way attacking your oppinion

@KM
        yes setting up a character mesh so it looks and works correctly is a real "p.i.t.a" im currently working with weight mapping so i can make the mesh bend and compress in a realistic way and trust me thats even worse then rigging a char with "bones".

@Merlin there is no "argument" persay to involve yourself in the fault is mine for not accuratly explaining my model/mesh/invention.
        however as a fellow sketchup user i would def like to hear your thoughts.

Comment

update on ship.

Began Detailing process.

section in front under long antenna is a supplementary bay for ships like corvettes, light destroyers, light missile cruisers, rescue ships, and cargo haulers.
          Last edited by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei; 16 December 2009, 10:49 PM.
          sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

@Merlin there is no "argument" persay to involve yourself in the fault is mine for not accuratly explaining my model/mesh/invention.
            however as a fellow sketchup user i would def like to hear your thoughts.
            I like the use of curves to express humanoid muscle masses.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
              thats pretty much what this "project" has been about testing how far i could potentially take it with Sketchup, and after the "relative" success i've had with organics in a software that gives off the impression that it hates organics, butnow im almost convinced that sketchup is a topnotch software and there isnt really anything that is "impossible" to do with it and its basicly all about the modeler and the familiarity with the user interface, hower the lack of a built in renderer worth a damn is a slight drawback but SU combined with LW max or maya is a sure win IMO.

@setsuna

looks good nice to see you started doing some greeble-ing!
              your modeling "skills" seem to be progressing at a good speed
              keep it up!

Comment

so what do you think of the new front end(semi split bow)?

and how can i get LW(light wave i assume)?

Comment

buy it.

re: powercore. what about a singularity power core?

Comment

well the new bow sure has that Tau'ri flare to it and the greebles on the front/s sure add some much needed detail and i must say i am partial to the name you have chosen for it.
                    im still not overly excited about the side and top shape tho.. its "original-ish" i'll give you that but it doesnt really "float my boat"

Lightwave is a high end Modeling/animation software that you can buy on Newtek's homepage.
                    the file itself is very small but the package it delivers is outstanding when it comes to 3d and animation. the new 9.6 version is well expensive to say the least there is however a "trail" version that can be downloaded from Newtek.
                    the drawbacks of these "high end" products is the price and the steep learning curve it is very very diffrent from Sketchup and even i havnt figured out the modeling tools yet so im still making my meshes in SU and exporting either a .3DS or .OBJ. file i import into LW so i can animate or render it.

btw i recomend that you Download SU Podium its a built in renderer for SU (it sucks A55 when using it for anything more then "clay" renders) and there is a free trial version thats work exactly the same as the pay version, the only diff being that you cant make renders with very high rez.
                    Last edited by Alx; 16 December 2009, 01:06 PM.

Comment

problem with a singularity power core is that if the field containing the massive gravitational and temporal forces disappears(battle damage) the singularity would rip apart the ship and every vessel and or planet with in reach of the gravity tide.

why dont you like the idea of a Ori powersource? im not actually saying that an Ori is powering the ship im talking about the powersource from one of their battlerships.

Actually im thinking about calling it an ARC Reactor. uses a liquid naquadah sphere trapped in a force field. the outer ring is a octo-polar mag ring that causes the sphere of liquid naquadah to spin at 1.5million rev/s. thereby causing the naquadah to enter a hyperexcited state pumping out extreme amounts of energy.

well the new bow sure has that Tau'ri flare to it and the greebles on the front/s sure add some much needed detail and i must say i am partial to the name you have chosen for it.
                      Thanx for the support

im still not overly excited about the side and top shape tho.. its "original-ish" i'll give you that but it doesnt really "float my boat"
                      to each their own.

I think that i will supplement the ARC Reactor with 6 subspace taps.
                      Last edited by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei; 16 December 2009, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post
                        ok this ship is a Tauri ship with a reverse engineered ORI power core.

Brief Description:

Class: CVN-312
                        Name: U.S.S. BRATAC

Dimensions:
                        Length: 5600ft
                        Width: 2932ft
                        Height: 925ft

Main Power Core: Reverse Engineered Ori Power Core

Four Launch Bays(lower sections)
                        Two Recovery Bays(upper sections)

and im still working on the rest
                        One question Setsuna, is this a carrier? Or a battlewagon, as in the 304's.
                        CVN, designates a nuclear powered aircraft carrier, the 304's use BC as in Battle Cruiser (which is entirely sci-fi) otherwise nice, but for the majority of us can you put your measurements in metres, it's a lot easier to relate
                        My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                        sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                          I did like that too and thought it was was quite interesting.
                          The placement had to have been just right to get that effect.

@saquist
                          so you are basing your critique on that it "looks" taller then a normal "human" even tho i havnt provided anything that it could be scaled against?
                          personally i wouldve written it off to be "artistic flare" as many many many people do this, manga, anime, video games movies etc. and modeling for me is about expanding my own horizons mainly my imagination and developing my own unique style aswell as learning to make these things animate them etc.

so basicly i intentionally added my "styling" to it to try and add a certain alien/future/modern look and feel to it.

and no need to be "sorry" i was just defending my work and in no way attacking your oppinion
                          I thought that was the case...Nevertheless I should have asked more questions.

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
                            One question Setsuna, is this a carrier? Or a battlewagon, as in the 304's.
                            CVN, designates a nuclear powered aircraft carrier, the 304's use BC as in Battle Cruiser (which is entirely sci-fi) otherwise nice, but for the majority of us can you put your measurements in metres, it's a lot easier to relate

I Used the CVN designation because the vessel is what the CVN stands for.

and sorry about the measurements trying to find a ft to m converter.

ANd by the way thats two questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post
                              I Used the CVN designation because the vessel is what the CVN stands for.

and sorry about the measurements trying to find a ft to m converter.

ANd by the way thats two questions.
                              Indeed it is, so it is to be an Earth ship, or US sovriegn only, I notice you're still using the USS tag and to convert feet to metres, multiply Ft * 0.3937
                              My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                              sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

a singularity powercore with a mass of 1 million tonnes is the perfect powersource. the smaller the black hole, the greater the hawking radiation. a 1 million tonne black hole emits enough for 100 years of high energy.

it's probably our only option in RL to achieve fast interstellar travel.

an arcticle on the thing:
                                here

i myself was an immense sceptic until i read this.

a micro black hole can be made and can be used as a powersource.

also, it's the size of a nucleus.

could you give me the distance from the core's gravity center to the nearest piece of actual "ship". then i'll calculate the gravitational force. remember, it's an exponential falloff for gravity. double the distance is a quarter of the strenght. a Liquid Neutronium droplet would generate a 2000 newton force at a distance of 1 meter on a human. or about 22 m/s accelleration. at 10 meters, that has dropped to 20 neutron, or twice earth's gravity.

a neutron droplet would have a mass of 480 000 000 000 tonnes. so about 480 000 times that of the black hole. so it's safe to say that the gravitational effects are not that bad, the artificial gravity is worse.

lastly, "gravity waves" generated by a black hole will be minimal too. we can barely detect those things, and we have a supermassive black hole at the centre of the milky way. wait, we've never detected them at all.

if the ship explodes, then the explosion will exert a greater force on matter than the micro black hole. at worst, the explosion is inward and forces matter into the black hole (which is impressive, as it's the size of an atom, or smaller), then it grows in size, but still, it won't do that much harm.

so it's far less harmful than you think. a massive naquahdah generator is far more dangerous. also, a black hole can not explode.

Comment

Working...
                                X