Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i like the back and the engines not to sure about the fron tho.. too saucer-ish for me.
    so podium? which version?

Comment

give critique plz

Its a Tauri Intergalactic Cargo and Military Supply ship
      the 2 smaller dark areas are fighter launch bays the larger one is the recovery bay
      Last edited by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei; 16 December 2009, 12:16 PM.
      sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post
        give critique plz

the 2 smaller dark areas are fighter launch bays the larger one is the recovery bay
        Nice, it has promise

wonderful sig by my little sister Mel, kind of reminds me of the missus and me

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post
          give critique plz

Hey, how you doing?
          This looks interesting. It gives the sensation of a carge or supply vessel from the Tauri... I'd say continue working on the structural design but not everyone chooses to do these types of ships. I'm glad someone is.

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
            i like the back and the engines not to sure about the fron tho.. too saucer-ish for me.
            so podium? which version?
            1.7 free... just downloaded it to reinstall yesterday, the old one wouldn't render anymore had i bit of trouble with kerky too, but i managed to work it out with a simple restart.

as for the ship, i hear ya i might narrow it down a bit, give a sleaker feel to it.

EDIT: Did a whole bunch of renders after a few changes, would have liked to do more to the front, but since some of the angles are off by just a few centimeters, that would mean rebuilding the entire ship from scratch... sounds like fun, right?

Spoiler:

Last edited by tjoflojt; 15 December 2009, 07:41 AM.
            sigpic

Spoiler:
            Originally posted by IMDB
            Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
            Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by benoz777 View Post
              Nice, it has promise

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
              Hey, how you doing?
              This looks interesting. It gives the sensation of a carge or supply vessel from the Tauri... I'd say continue working on the structural design but not everyone chooses to do these types of ships. I'm glad someone is.

Thanx to both of ya. and i understand why not too many people want to do ship like this. Damn thing took me 3 seperate builds to get it the way i wanted it. and even with this one there are a few things that need to be worked out.
              sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

Anyone know where i can get a good space backdrop? hit the point with the midget and Enyalius designs that i can try my hand at some scenes..... but the only space images i have are rubbish....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

there are some great hubble pics out there...

@setsuna nice design possibly your best yet.

new stuff made another character. managed to make myself some hands this time

modeled in sketchup.
                  Last edited by Alx; 15 December 2009, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Depends on what you're looking for... if you want to use planets you could use a sphere with a texture map against a starfield background..

Google 'texture map [name of planet]'

Or Nasa is usually a good starting point for space scenes.. or again you could use google if you have a particular image in mind.

Comment

I just re-realised something: i'm horrible at greebling anyone know a good guide, or have any tips?

and while i'm at it, when i did textures for Locutes, a long, long time ago, TKM told me how to change the backround to black... i'm not even gonna start looking for those posts, so i wondered if anyone could give me a quick reminder?
                      sigpic

Spoiler:
                      Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                      Hehe

Comment

either use styles, and turn the background color to black *but leaves no light*, or just turn the background to white, sky to white, and put a face with a black texture behind it *does leave light)

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                          either use styles, and turn the background color to black *but leaves no light*, or just turn the background to white, sky to white, and put a face with a black texture behind it *does leave light)
                          Thanks! However, i can't seem to find the menus... menues... whatever, in which to do so... ^^
                          sigpic

Spoiler:
                          Hehe

Comment

f there isn a style that fits your desires just make one!
                            and i recomend running SU in the "enginering" style i think its great for modeling purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                              f there isn a style that fits your desires just make one!
                              and i recomend running SU in the "enginering" style i think its great for modeling purposes.
                              The modeling part isn't the issue, it's rendering some of the parts are hardly visible in the current background...
                              sigpic

Spoiler:
                              Hehe

Comment

well try and change the color of the ship to gray instead of white.

Comment

Working...
                                X