This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Note:

i'm kind of missing the point on what it can actually DO.

it has a shield, but how much can it take? it has batteries, but what kind? how powerful? What are those plasma lances like? how powerful are those?

Also, i don't see why these craft have to be Hybrids. this thing is much smaller than an F-35 lightning (Joint Strike Fighter). You need to carry oxygen, have lifesupport and all. i'm not even sure if the stuff you're suggesting can fit inside such a small craft, especially since i doubt it's gonna be box-like.

Another problem: you put stealth on a sensor probe. I think a ton of active sensors (which any good probe HAS) will completely nullify stealth capacity. Plus, it kind of depends whether your ship faces Goauld or Asgard sensors. so any statement on stealth needs to be specified.

Why you put a solar cell on this kind of craft is beyond me as well. I mean, first of all it nullifies stealth (which you don't have in space anyway), secondly it is only effective near a star. if you are around Pluto, the amount of sunlight can barely power your Iphone.

Define Nano Armor.

I just read an interesting article on Spider Silk. For example, you can make a pure silk bullet-proof vest, but the bullet will be stopped 10cm behind your body. It needs to be reinforced.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      A Note:

i'm kind of missing the point on what it can actually DO.

it has a shield, but how much can it take? it has batteries, but what kind? how powerful? What are those plasma lances like? how powerful are those?
      All information that I can post at some point, and these craft will be in stories later which I think will help the design process.

Also, i don't see why these craft have to be Hybrids. this thing is much smaller than an F-35 lightning (Joint Strike Fighter). You need to carry oxygen, have lifesupport and all. i'm not even sure if the stuff you're suggesting can fit inside such a small craft, especially since i doubt it's gonna be box-like.
      A point I already was considering, I may increase the size.

Another problem: you put stealth on a sensor probe. I think a ton of active sensors (which any good probe HAS) will completely nullify stealth capacity. Plus, it kind of depends whether your ship faces Goauld or Asgard sensors. so any statement on stealth needs to be specified.
      I know that, the active sensors are not on all the time, and its was its passive grid that was given the most work. I suppose I could remove many of the active sensors.

Its stealth grid would be effective against both Houjin and Goa'uld sensors. The Houjin have a few captured Ha'tak class vessels, so among other things they have a good idea of how Goa'uld type sensors work.

Asgard sensors make the Tau'ri to hard to sneak by. Not impossible, just difficult.

Why you put a solar cell on this kind of craft is beyond me as well. I mean, first of all it nullifies stealth (which you don't have in space anyway), secondly it is only effective near a star. if you are around Pluto, the amount of sunlight can barely power your Iphone.
      Passive solar collectors that can be deployed in an emergency situation? Like say, the reactor had to be ejected, if the batteries are running out the solar collector could provide some support juice. I suppose I could get rid of them if you feel them unwise to possess.

Define Nano Armor.
      Nano engineered plating made from an allotrope of carbon.

I just read an interesting article on Spider Silk. For example, you can make a pure silk bullet-proof vest, but the bullet will be stopped 10cm behind your body. It needs to be reinforced.
      Makes sense. I hate walking into spider webs out in the woods. Hard to get off my lenses....
      sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

I know that, the active sensors are not on all the time, and its was its passive grid that was given the most work. I suppose I could remove many of the active sensors.
        then it won't be a good sensor probe anymore.

Asgard sensors make the Tau'ri to hard to sneak by. Not impossible, just difficult.
        a fact you have to live with.

Nano engineered plating made from an allotrope of carbon.
        what KIND of plating? simple ultra-long single-wall nanotubes? multi-walled? graphene composite?

NOTE:

Stealth doesn't really work in space. actually, not at all. It's just that Stargate sensors are rigged to somehow detect the energy fields associated with Naquahdah Generators. Probably some easy to detect subspace particle. powering down really is the only trick that works.
        (IE: what Sheppard did in Enemy At the Gate to the Superhive).

the moment anyone figures out you're using that trick, infrared sensors will be installed and all "stealth" will be gone.

Comment

what KIND of plating? simple ultra-long single-wall nanotubes? multi-walled? graphene composite?
          An advanced multi-walled nano armor, so not only is it very strong, but it is made to be extremely heat resistant and electrically conductive.

NOTE:
          Stealth doesn't really work in space. actually, not at all. It's just that Stargate sensors are rigged to somehow detect the energy fields associated with Naquahdah Generators. Probably some easy to detect subspace particle. powering down really is the only trick that works.
          (IE: what Sheppard did in Enemy At the Gate to the Superhive).
          the moment anyone figures out you're using that trick, infrared sensors will be installed and all "stealth" will be gone.
          Not sure I agree with that entirely. Perhaps you could build insulative plating or design some sort of physical shielding meant to keep the E5 energy from leaking.

Then again, there are always cloaks.

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

Originally posted by Gormagon View Post
            Then again, there are always cloaks.
            and if you recall the daedy with asgard sensors can detect the emissions from a cloaking device,

and to be truly stealthy what you need is a thermal optical camoflage system that is the skin of the ship. if you are going to use it for recon or spying this is the best way to go as it can be run off of batteries.

stay with the passive sensors as they can be used if an enemy ship passes nearby. all you have to do is saturate enemy space with the stealth ships and you are good to go.just make sure that the passive sensors can also detect subspace transmissions and subspace fields(formed when a ship enters or exits hyperspace.)

@ the killman a probe with passive senors is just as capable as one with active sensors.

modern submarines only use active sensors when attemptng to get a targeting solution. and yet their passive systems are what picks up the enemy.
            Last edited by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei; 03 May 2012, 03:18 PM.
            sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

Ragnarok class warship.
              Type: Warship

Role: Anti capitol ship

Size
              2000m long
              900 meters wide

Powerplant
              -Experimental subspace tap
              -Five mach VI Neutrino-ion generators

Propulsion
              -Asgard high power innertialess repulsor array
              -Asgard intergalactic hyperdrive

Defenses
              -Multiple layer advanced Asgard force shield grid
              -2.5m NTC high energy dispersion plating reinforced with neutronium
              -Ion point defense turret array or miniaturized APBW array.
              -E.M systems
              -Enhanced explosive suppression system
              -Interior anti personal defense system
              -Interior anti Prior device array
              -Asgard cloaking system
              Weapons
              -14 hard points for ether Ion cannons or APBW's.
              -Four Asgard W.O.M.D launching tubes.
              -Many bombs
              Carrying capacity
              -80 Asgard drone bombers
              -Optional, other assorted craft
              -Carries a cargo hold of anti prior devices and energy dampening devices for countering Priors and Ori hand held weapons
              Other
              -10 long range high power transporter arrays
              -12 secondary transporter arrays
              -20 long range ring transporters
              -Top quality Asgard sensors
              Crew capacity
              1 needed, space for around 8000 RisarRisar
              Design: With the Ori threat looming, the Asgard started designing all new technologies to counter act the impressively powerful Ori forces, including shields, weapons, attempts to enhance hyperspeed, and the blueprints of a new class of warship. Well the O'Neill was powerful in its own right, fighting the Ori was not what it was meant to do. Its computer systems were designed to be Replicator resistant, its alloys strengthened, its shields resistant to Replicator block attack and its ion cannons well adjustable were specialized for far more kinetic impact energy then previous cannons. The O'Neill was sophisticated. But it was not meant to fight an Ori incursion. The Ragnarok is.

The Ragnarok was designed after the battle of the Chapa'ko, when the sensor data of an O'Neill that escaped into hyperspace could be analyzed by Asgard scientists and engineers. Blueprints were drawn up. A prototype was approved. However certain events kept it from being mass produced.

Combat:Well larger then an O'Neill class ship, it has superior maneuverability due to its high energy innertialess system. This allows it to avoid for the most part anyway, Ori main cannon fire. It has an extensive long range transporter system keyed into the fluctuation of Ori shields as they fire their main weapons for deploying its Risar combat drones onto Ori mother ships, or for deploying Asgard bombs. The Risar battle groups all have an anti Prior device and an energy dampening device. The E.D.D does not effect Risar weapons, but it only partially effects Ori crusader weapons.

Its shields are designed to better handle Ori energy weaponry. It has 14 hard points for the most advanced energy weapons available to the Asgard, these 14 points are arranged on the ship so that as it is maneuvering around the Ori mother ships they can keep firing and keep firing. Its PD system can counter Ori fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Gormagon View Post
                Ragnarok class warship.
                Type: Warship

Role: Anti capitol ship

Size
                2000m long
                900 meters wide

Powerplant
                -Experimental subspace tap
                -Five mach VI Neutrino-ion generators

Propulsion
                -Asgard high power innertialess repulsor array
                -Asgard intergalactic hyperdrive

Defenses
                -Multiple layer advanced Asgard force shield grid
                -2.5m NTC high energy dispersion plating reinforced with neutronium
                -Ion point defense turret array or miniaturized APBW array.
                -E.M systems
                -Enhanced explosive suppression system
                -Interior anti personal defense system
                -Interior anti Prior device array
                -Asgard cloaking system
                Weapons
                -14 hard points for ether Ion cannons or APBW's.
                -Four Asgard W.O.M.D launching tubes.
                -Many bombs
                Carrying capacity
                -80 Asgard drone bombers
                -Optional, other assorted craft
                -Carries a cargo hold of anti prior devices and energy dampening devices for countering Priors and Ori hand held weapons
                Other
                -10 long range high power transporter arrays
                -12 secondary transporter arrays
                -20 long range ring transporters
                -Top quality Asgard sensors
                Crew capacity
                1 needed, space for around 8000 RisarRisar
                Design: With the Ori threat looming, the Asgard started designing all new technologies to counter act the impressively powerful Ori forces, including shields, weapons, attempts to enhance hyperspeed, and the blueprints of a new class of warship. Well the O'Neill was powerful in its own right, fighting the Ori was not what it was meant to do. Its computer systems were designed to be Replicator resistant, its alloys strengthened, its shields resistant to Replicator block attack and its ion cannons well adjustable were specialized for far more kinetic impact energy then previous cannons. The O'Neill was sophisticated. But it was not meant to fight an Ori incursion. The Ragnarok is.

The Ragnarok was designed after the battle of the Chapa'ko, when the sensor data of an O'Neill that escaped into hyperspace could be analyzed by Asgard scientists and engineers. Blueprints were drawn up. A prototype was approved. However certain events kept it from being mass produced.

Combat:Well larger then an O'Neill class ship, it has superior maneuverability due to its high energy innertialess system. This allows it to avoid for the most part anyway, Ori main cannon fire. It has an extensive long range transporter system keyed into the fluctuation of Ori shields as they fire their main weapons for deploying its Risar combat drones onto Ori mother ships, or for deploying Asgard bombs. The Risar battle groups all have an anti Prior device and an energy dampening device. The E.D.D does not effect Risar weapons, but it only partially effects Ori crusader weapons.

Its shields are designed to better handle Ori energy weaponry. It has 14 hard points for the most advanced energy weapons available to the Asgard, these 14 points are arranged on the ship so that as it is maneuvering around the Ori mother ships they can keep firing and keep firing. Its PD system can counter Ori fighters.

Nice! I like you continuing to build on what the Asgard already do well. Can only imagine what an Asgard WOMD can do. They're usually hesitant to employ any WOMDs, though one exception is when they black-holed the replicators.

Did they design the bombs in order to vertically release them to descend on the enemy? I always interpret bombs as doing that lol. How powerful are these bombs btw?
                If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

I suppose the could drop bombs onto Ori motherships, but the launch tubes are really advanced EM projection devices, so the bombs can be launched at hyper sonic speed.

As for power, it depends on the bombs. Some Asgard W.O.M.D's (At least how I figure it.) use hyper dense capacitor technology to release an explosion of ion energy. Another type relies on enriched naquadah or standard naquadria fission. One of the most advanced works by using a destabilized subspace tap to release a massive amount of energy. Then of course there is the collapsar device designed by the Asgard Fenrir.(Black hole weapon.)

Comment

something new that i have been working on. no specs as of yet. only class and designation

Type: Carrier
                    Class:Heracles
                    Designation: UE-DSC-220 Iphicles

http://setsuna-f-seyei.deviantart.co...cles-301314097

Comment

I can't post the ship I'm working on.. So here are some robots

Comment

This is a newer version of the Ancient class Battle-Carrier i have posted previously. Hopefully it is a bit more realistic.I may have to post certain details in a second post.

Ancient Class Battle-Carrier
                        Length-760 meters
                        width-
                        height-
                        crew-
                        tonnage-

Passive Defenses
                        -triple layer 25.4 cm .001% neutronium/49.4995% titanium/ 35.4995% trinium/ 10% armour grade naquadah/5% crystal form naquadah alloy armor(commonly called terran armour alloy, very dark grey in color) plating with 36.9 cm vaccuum baffle system in between each layer
                        -structural supports, made out of .001% neutronium/43.4995% steel/ 45.4995% trinium/ 11% armour grade naquadah alloy(commonly called terran hull alloy) in between each armour layer, and throughout hull
                        -multiple plasma window generators in between armour layers, each powered by two dedicated mark two naquada generators, and connected to main control center using pairs of quantum entangled photons, they activate to temporrily seal hull breaches
                        - standard blast-doors made out of terran hull alloy placed throughout hull
                        -heavy blast-doors (three times as thick as standard blast-doors) between each hull section
                        -blast-shields placed every five meters in all corridors, and at all hallway intersections
                        - hull split into seven sections, longitudinally, with each hanger, and the control tower being grouped as their own additional sections

Comment

I would separate the hull sections lattitudinally only because it would be easier to vent the sections that way if neccessary

Comment

it was designed based upon Earth's knowledge and limited experience. They learned a lot from the 303 in terms of design, but simply too many modifications were made. IE, the Asgard modified the structure, that goauld (Conrad?) modified the hyperdrive, and the Naquahdriah hyperdrive was ejected and replaced by a Goauld one.

Afterwards, the Asgard gave us shield and hyperdrive technology, which once again threw a wrench in the 303's design.

I consider it extremely likely that when the 304 was designed, at least 1 Asgard sat along the design table to ensure the asgard side of the technologies would be properly installed and designed into the ship.

Also, it's clear that the military wasn't 100% happy with the design, as the 304 features more guns and bigger and better hangars.
                            I agree. The idea is that it would look like a 303 but would have major alterations while in the design stage. My idea is that the Russians did not want to build a 304 as it would be too large but a 303 sized ship would acceptable. They would have the final design after the all the refits the Prometheus had on top of further advancements. They use that to heavily modify the existing design as well as add their own spin.

I am still fiddling around with the existing schematic I have of the 303. So far a modified superstructure, a longer and wider hanger with small engines (like the 304) in the rear of it, reverse engineered Russian built Gouald staff weapons in turret form. The large rocket looking engines from the 303 would be replaced by three smaller, but more powerful engines similar to the 304s.

That sort of thing. It would not compete with a 304 but would be a match for a Ha'tak. The Russians would also sell the design to the Chinese and European Union so they can build their own.

In my own little universe, the Russians become a major developer next to the US in developing new technologies reverse engineered from other alien technology.

The ships would operate under a new branch of SGC for the sole purpose of defending Earth but under the control of a joint country command.

Also I think it's about time the 302s should have foldable wings. That sort of feature has been around for nearly 80 years on aircraft. It would certainly allow let's say the 304 to carry more than 16 but like 24 for example. You call them the F-302C (A being the prototype(s) and the B being the production version).
                            Hi There!

Comment

usually in military designations for aircraft is as follows

A - Ground Attack [1962-today]
                              B - Bomber [1962-today]
                              C - Transport [1962-today]
                              E - Special Electronic Mission [1962-today]
                              F - Fighter [1962-today]
                              K - Tanker [1962-1977/85]
                              L - Laser-Equipped [1997-today]
                              O - Observation [1962-today]
                              P - Maritime Patrol [1962-today]
                              R - Reconnaissance [1962-today]
                              S - Antisubmarine Warfare [1962-today]
                              T - Trainer [1962-today]
                              U - Utility [1962-today]
                              X - Special Research [1962-today]

which is why the original designations for tauri space craft were

x301 (death glider hybrid)
                              x302 (blown up with gate strapped to its underbelly)
                              F302 space superiority fighter
                              X303 Prometheus
                              F304 Daedelus (which actually should have been DSC-304 USS Daedelus)(DSC for deep space carrier and the USS because it was a United States ship)

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post
                                usually in military designations for aircraft is as follows

A - Ground Attack [1962-today]
                                B - Bomber [1962-today]
                                C - Transport [1962-today]
                                E - Special Electronic Mission [1962-today]
                                F - Fighter [1962-today]
                                K - Tanker [1962-1977/85]
                                L - Laser-Equipped [1997-today]
                                O - Observation [1962-today]
                                P - Maritime Patrol [1962-today]
                                R - Reconnaissance [1962-today]
                                S - Antisubmarine Warfare [1962-today]
                                T - Trainer [1962-today]
                                U - Utility [1962-today]
                                X - Special Research [1962-today]

which is why the original designations for tauri space craft were

x301 (death glider hybrid)
                                x302 (blown up with gate strapped to its underbelly)
                                F302 space superiority fighter
                                X303 Prometheus
                                F304 Daedelus (which actually should have been DSC-304 USS Daedelus)(DSC for deep space carrier and the USS because it was a United States ship)
                                thanks for leaving this helpful systematic info; does it apply to military craft of all countries whose official language is English?
                                If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                                [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Working...
                                X