X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh so he finally re-did it eh.

took him long enough.

just kidding
    Last edited by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei; 29 December 2010, 08:05 AM.
    sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

Spoiler:

After I got the containers made, I had to make a cargoship.. Now I can't descide whether to make the crew comfortable or not. There's also the fact that the 200% scaled version has 12 times the cargo capacity of the smaller one, along with more space for crew.

On the other hand, the smaller ship is more versatible for smaller bases. And I like it more.

Comments?

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post
        oh so he finally re-did it eh.

took him long enough
        no that was the first one he made

Comment

actually no it isnt its the one he made with modo and since he made one previously with SU the modo one is technically a remake

Comment

couldn't do a 3d render of this as its over 5 million polys and my compy just cant render that much

Comment

couldn't do a 3d render of this as its over 5 million polys and my compy just cant render that much
              How is it over 5 million? There doesn't seem to be enough there to get anywhere near that many I would struggle to get a model like that up to 10,000 polys.. Can you post some close-ups of the mesh? I'm curious about what's going on...

Spoiler:

A video of a design I'm working on... it still needs some work.. and it's based around a TV valve that I have (actually I have a collection of valves from the 1940s up to the 1970s) I plan to build a real version of the model once I finish the design
              Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 03 January 2011, 06:00 PM.

Comment

In agreement....5 million is alot. Are they components?

sigpic

Comment

yes they are components

and its @ 5 million

there are several things you cant see in the mesh

there are 8 of my carriers
                  512 309 mk3's
                  192mk3 heavies
                  64 401 military
                  64 401 medical
                  many of the polys come from pipes and windows that are hard to see in the model
                  i wil try to set up some more shopts but just moving through the model is a pain
                  Last edited by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei; 05 January 2011, 07:04 PM.

Comment

hey who did that one? i have to admit it looks better than the one i did.(possibly cuz PJOZ sucks at 2 dimesional drawings) Just kidding
                    He does not

Originally posted by colbmista View Post
                    omni aka alx did it
                    Yes he did, but I think it was about the third one really. I remember dad showing me two at least before that one. He did start on another but never finished cos well......

Comment

yes they are components

and its @ 5 million

there are several things you cant see in the mesh

there are 8 of my carriers
                      512 309 mk3's
                      192 401's half are military and half are the medical version
                      many of the polys come from pipes and windows that are hard to see in the model
                      i wil try to set up some more shopts but just moving through the model is a pain
                      Still seems a lot even with all that..

The wires in my model ^^ I'm guessing are made in the same way as your pipes and the highest poly wire is only 700 polys... and windows.. unless they're extremely elaborate shapes could be 16/32 polys?

*doesn't mention anything about advanced Sketchup modelling being more of a pain and more complicated than simple Blender modelling*
                      Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 05 January 2011, 08:54 AM.

Comment

oki a quick run down of the polys from ships alone

309 mk3 512x3,791=1,940,992

309 mk3 heavy 192x4,743=910,656

401 miltary 64x26,409=1,667,136

401 medical(i dont have them all in yet) 8x24,981=199,848

Carrier 8x36,338=290,704

ok lets total all of that now

1,940,992+910,656+1,667,136+199,848+290,704=5,009,336 polys

and thats just the ships and nothing else

and if i would have left the drones on both types of 309's the polly count would have been epically higher

and if anyone doesnt believe me pm me with your email address and i will email the model to you.

@PH in SU any flat surface is considered a poly all of my curves are only 12 or 24 sided so even that has been minimizes since i usually use 24,48, or 60 sided curves
                        Last edited by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei; 05 January 2011, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Made a "quick" scene featuring my cargoship. Rendering took only 6 hours.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
                            Made a "quick" scene featuring my cargoship. Rendering took only 6 hours.
                            What did you use to render? You can borrow my old 133Mhz Pentium I computer if that will help speed things up

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                              What did you use to render? You can borrow my old 133Mhz Pentium I computer if that will help speed things up
                              Just good old Vue 8.5. It really requires no effort at all to produce decent shots. Only thing it requires is patience to wait for a good quality render.

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
                                Just good old Vue 8.5. It really requires no effort at all to produce decent shots. Only thing it requires is patience to wait for a good quality render.
                                Blender requires even less effort... I just have to press F12 and then wait a few minutes..

< Click for bigger image

This render took 12 minutes.. I added a few after effects such as a slight depth of field and glare As well as a sub-surface scattering effect to every texture which really slowed the render down
                                Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 06 January 2011, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X