Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some help. I want to create a hospital ship but I have no idea about specs and stuff. I can sort of do some like little ships and the like, but if it's big I'm lost. My basic idea is for a ship to have at least the following

* Patient Capacity:
    Intensive care wards: 80 beds
    Recovery wards: 20 beds
    Intermediate care wards: 280 beds
    Light care wards: 120 beds
    Limited care wards: 500 beds
    Total Patient Capacity: 1000 beds
    Operating Rooms: 12
    Departments and Facilities:
    Casualty reception
    Radiological services
    Main laboratory plus satellite lab
    Central sterile receiving
    Medical supply/pharmacy
    Physical therapy and burn care
    Intensive Care Unit
    Dental services
    Optometry/lens lab
    Morgue
    Laundry
    Oxygen producing plants (two)

Operating crew (Military)

60+

Mecdical Crew

approx 900-1100

Three auxillary craft like the AC401 carried internally in a single docking bay and cargo bay

Lead Ship name the Marie Curie

Comment

First off, are the oxygen plants required for plot purposes? If not, them I'd split it up into something like 60 Bosch reactors for redundancy.

Aside from that, I think your best bet is a Borg cube. Engines at the bottom, landing pads/hangars on top, medical stuff in the middle. You could make it a flattened square to increase carrier deck space if you'd like.
      Either way, it can physically land and become a hospital in order to provide on site assistance in case of disaster relief.

Comment

The oxygen plants are required for patient and surgical uses over and above the ships atmosphere production. Yes I think it should have landing capability in that respect. I'd be extremely grateful if someone could do a model even a rough one. I'd ask dad but he's like so busy, he can't even do stuff for himself atm

Comment

Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post
          I need some help. I want to create a hospital ship but I have no idea about specs and stuff. I can sort of do some like little ships and the like, but if it's big I'm lost. My basic idea is for a ship to have at least the following

* Patient Capacity:
          Intensive care wards: 80 beds
          Recovery wards: 20 beds
          Intermediate care wards: 280 beds
          Light care wards: 120 beds
          Limited care wards: 500 beds
          Total Patient Capacity: 1000 beds
          Operating Rooms: 12
          Departments and Facilities:
          Casualty reception
          Radiological services
          Main laboratory plus satellite lab
          Central sterile receiving
          Medical supply/pharmacy
          Physical therapy and burn care
          Intensive Care Unit
          Dental services
          Optometry/lens lab
          Morgue
          Laundry
          Oxygen producing plants (two)

Operating crew (Military)

60+

Mecdical Crew

approx 900-1100

Three auxillary craft like the AC401 carried internally in a single docking bay and cargo bay

Lead Ship name the Marie Curie
          so you want this thing to hold at least 2200 people (crew/patiants)? thats a lil over kill a actual hospital doesnt hold that much

Comment

No not really Colby, Mel copied those stats from the USNS Mercy, so it's not out of doable. And Mel, yes I would do it for you if time permits sweetheart, how long can you wait.

My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
            sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

combining humanity's fast hyperdrives with a hospital ship, you can pick up patients in an entire sector and then drop off as needed. add a stargate for longer distances

Comment

That would probably be the most awesom ambulance trip evar!

(Living it up in cornwall!)
                Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                sigpic

Comment

no kidding. ambo trips would easily go 10 times faster not to mention the injury rate would probably plumet
                  Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

The Sulaco from Alien2 would be good start to designing that type of ship

Thanks to Commander PJOZ for the siggy

Comment

^hmmm, the Sulaco doesn't have enough bays, plus contrary to the current suggestions, it can't touch down. Ironically, I think a retrofitted ha'tak would be super ideal.

Comment

How would the SGC justify using a Goa'uld based ship? They'd have to either steal it or get one from the FJN. Point being, I think they'd rather build their own from scratch. Most Naval hospital ships are re-fitted commercial ships anyway, so maybe a dedicated and stretched 304 design might do. I only mentioned the Sulaco as a basic design anyway, it would of course have to be modified. I've seen one in the SU download models, maybe someone could nick it and play around with it.

Thanks to Commander PJOZ for the siggy

Comment

Any naval hospital ship will be a new design. They don't have the spare ships to just use for this sort of provisional purpose.

Comment

I started a hospital ship and medical transport a while back...when the medical ship thread was about.

Spoiler:

atm im still woking on my cargo ship and rebuilding my first ever attempt at modelling...my helios class.

sigpic

Comment

The helios was awesome! Can we haz render?
                              Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                                I started a hospital ship and medical transport a while back...when the medical ship thread was about.

atm im still woking on my cargo ship and rebuilding my first ever attempt at modelling...my helios class.
                                cool hospital ship. really looks like a hospital ship
                                Last edited by jasminaGo; 31 October 2010, 11:42 PM. Reason: removing IMG tags

Comment

Working...
                                X