• Show
Clear All

Just wondering how any of you would go making Ripley's CAT loader

Spoiler:
    My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
    sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
      I too am a trek fan, but I think not all should be good stuff only. Dark eras like DS9 had would be needed to keep me sane
      remember that in the 80s the borg in TNG were scary; then voyager came along (VOY is prob my fav series) and made the borg like any other race. DS9 and VOY brought some great ships with them ie defiant, steamrunner, akira, prometheus, nova, dauntless

sigpic

Comment

defiants my fav

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
          remember that in the 80s the borg in TNG were scary; then voyager came along (VOY is prob my fav series) and made the borg like any other race. DS9 and VOY brought some great ships with them ie defiant, steamrunner, akira, prometheus, nova, dauntless
          Eugh, i HATED what Voyager did to the Borg. Totally nerfed what before was utterly ****ing terrifying.

That said, Yes, Akira, Steamrunner and Prometheus were awesome Can't agree with Dauntless or Defiant though

I actually think Star Trek did decent with its designs. I mean... it's basically a flying saucer with engines attached That makes sense ot me.
          Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
          Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
          Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

prefer BSG: a show where ships actually can take a few hits.

a show that makes stuff from steel and such, not explodium (looking at you, stargate)

the Galactica jumped into the atmosphere, fell several kilometers, withstood the friction, launched all fighters, then jumped into orbit and took on 4 Basestars. it's been nuked more than a dozen times, has gone through incredible damage, has served for over 40 years, saw 2 wars, and survived to crash into the biggest ship ever, survived that, battled near a black hole within an accretion disc, then pulled out the big ship and jumped away.

the deadalus is nearly destroyed when it takes 3 plasma bolts to the hull....

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post

a show that makes stuff from steel and such, not explodium (looking at you, stargate)

the Galactica jumped into the atmosphere, fell several kilometers, withstood the friction, launched all fighters, then jumped into orbit and took on 4 Basestars. it's been nuked more than a dozen times, has gone through incredible damage, has served for over 40 years, saw 2 wars, and survived to crash into the biggest ship ever, survived that, battled near a black hole within an accretion disc, then pulled out the big ship and jumped away.

Totally love that

Personally i adore heavily armored ships. There's just this intensity when there's no clean 'shielding' that you can't get with shields.
              Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
              Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
              Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post

Galactica is one of the best ships ever. FACT

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                Totally love that

Personally i adore heavily armored ships. There's just this intensity when there's no clean 'shielding' that you can't get with shields.
                Agreed

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                  Addendum...
                  OMG Alx! Stunning! It reminds me that I should install the MODO I downloaded and try it out. Maybe then I'll dare to post something here.

But anyways.. During few days of internetless world due to a lightning I've been working with a plotship. And a cargoship. A cargoplotsh.. Great.. now I'm confused..

Spoiler:

What's the idea.. Right.. An idea.. Yes.. Well as you know dialing between galaxies is power consuming in the insane scale... And black holes can provide plenty of it.

So, here we have a ship with a mobile SGC inside it and the ship is parked at a safe distance from a singularity. The ship is still vunerable from attacks as its sensors are affected by the black hole. That problem can be solved by sensorydrones futher away communicating with the ship.
                  Best scenario, however, for operation is to sit outside a black hole and then move in closer to perform 8th cheveron dial.

Destiny could not be dialed as the power input to the gate must be exact. Controlling the energyflow from a black hole is not yet known.. I recon that's the reason they needed a naquadriah planet instead of a black hole.

The cargoship itself can ferry 29000m3 of cargo, which is roughly 27m by 16m by 67m of space. It equals to 300 12m long sea containers.

The dimensions of the cargoship are in the range of 170mL, 52mW, 35mH.

Detailing is still heavily in progress.
                  Last edited by Semmer; 14 July 2010, 03:27 AM.

Comment

fighter drop manoeuvre ...that is the best scene in all of BSG IMO.

the nova and dauntless are great ships, however there have been some really great fan ships; that in some circumstances out shine those from television, film and game!

sigpic

Comment

for me SG always trumps BSG.... but the ships they had in BSG are awesome, and the attack on New Caprica sequence is one of the best i've seen around...

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

i think BSG trumps stargate. unfortunately BSG lasted 10 years shorter.

i LOVE and ADORE Caprica.

BSG has the most awesome technology EVER.

and the Galactica's guns. my god they're massive.

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post

Spoiler:

Its finally come to me where I have seen a ship like this...starwars lancer class frigate
                          http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lancer-class_frigate

sigpic

Comment

fighter drop manoeuvre ...that is the best scene in all of BSG IMO.
                            Best scene in sci-fi (or atleast very high up their)

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

that manoeuvre is indeed AWESOME! But I have to say nBSG Galactica is just AWESOME! I would actually like to have an nBSG Colonies of Kobal like race in 4.0, but I doubt others would accept such a thing lolz. I think though that I will have to work on designing one.

www.darkarmada.nl
                              www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Its finally come to me where I have seen a ship like this...starwars lancer class frigate
                                http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lancer-class_frigate
                                Indeed, I see some design similarity. Damn.. I must really go through the Starwars ships.

Comment

Working...
                                X