X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good Merlin.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
      The planet texture on that one is 2500x1200... the latest version is 5120x2560...

Something unrelated... .

Spoiler:
      indded larger texture better results the ones on my planet are 4k something so they work well even close up.

Nice so you wre able to get enough resin? or did you get more for this new version?
      yes i occasionally lurk the stunner thread

Comment

The problem was the silicone... I needed more than I thought I would But I bought some more and that seemed to solve the problem...

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
          The problem was the silicone... I needed more than I thought I would But I bought some more and that seemed to solve the problem...
          o sry not resin but silicone

ok it def looks great so will you be painting it and give it a weathered used look?

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
            o sry not resin but silicone

ok it def looks great so will you be painting it and give it a weathered used look?
            I have to join it together first... but that's the plan

Comment

good job on the wraithy pistols PH, I like em

This was a painting I did in January this year it was very humid and the oils were giving me a streaking problem, so I changed the feel to make it look like speed and cumulous cloud.
              Spoiler:
              My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
              sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

In the words of Mick Dundee - "Thats not a knife.... this.. this is a knife" (insert heavy aussie accent)
                (thats not a planet this is a planet)

Spoiler:

made by following a tutorial for lightwave 6*
                3 spheres 1 surface+bump+spec, 1 cloud spec+trans, 1 3 color gradient for the atmos.
                Looking good tho semmer def getting there add an atmosphere and it'll look sweet
                I knew you'd beat me Alx. Adding atmospheres is my next goal. I got a nice tutorial in 3DS to guide me through. Maybe then I'd be a bit closer to your results.

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
                  good job on the wraithy pistols PH, I like em

This was a painting I did in January this year it was very humid and the oils were giving me a streaking problem, so I changed the feel to make it look like speed and cumulous cloud.
                  Spoiler:
                  Awesome stuff Ray!
                  Originally posted by Semmer View Post
                  I knew you'd beat me Alx. Adding atmospheres is my next goal. I got a nice tutorial in 3DS to guide me through. Maybe then I'd be a bit closer to your results.
                  Ah cool cool looking forward to your results

what was the software you used to make the planet textures?

Comment

Awesome stuff Ray!

It's called Fractal Terrains. A nice program capable of producing and editing a terrain bitmap. Best of it's kind I've found yet.

There's a demo version aviable at Profantasy and a Pro version can be... found...

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
                      It's called Fractal Terrains. A nice program capable of producing and editing a terrain bitmap. Best of it's kind I've found yet.

There's a demo version aviable at Profantasy and a Pro version can be... found...
                      ok kool bookmarked so ill check it out
                      and lol i get your...

Comment

Awesome stuff Ray!

Thanx Alex, I'm re-doing an old painting from a few years ago, it's a little different I'll post here soon
                        My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                        sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

^^Awesome stuff PJ and I love your new Avi, Mk8 Spits?

Thanks to Commander PJOZ for the siggy

Comment

The ships name is the Lantea
                            The ship looks identicle to Anubis' mothership except it is as bip as our galaxy.
                            Power supply:Unlimited(literaly ∞ infinate ZPM's)
                            Main weapon:Universe dirprupter at full power destroys 50 universes at once
                            Secondary weaponroject arcturas weapon.
                            tertiary weaponrones
                            Last edited by Aegis; 21 July 2010, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
                              The ships name is the Lantea
                              The ship looks identicle to Anubis' mothership except it is as bip as our galaxy.
                              Power supply:Unlimited(literaly ∞ infinate ZPM's)
                              Main weapon:Universe dirprupter at full power destroys 50 universes at once
                              Secondary weaponroject arcturas weapon.
                              tertiary weaponrones

If I can't take this as a joke...
                              If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                              Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                              If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                              Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Well... here's one that is definitely not a joke

Re-jigged the Gatejumper design a bit mostly at the rear, making the rear access hatch wider and slimming down the thrusters

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Working...
                                X