This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
    Thought y'all would like to see Alx's latest magnificence on my CG340 Iwo Jima cruiser

Spoiler:
    That is soooo cool dad, Alx did well on that, a bit busy with guns and stuff, but uber nice

wonderful sig by my little sister Mel, kind of reminds me of the missus and me

Comment

Just popping in to ask a question, a ZPM was able to cloak a Daedelus ship, sorry don't know the proper terminology. Just a theory question, say if it were powered by two ZPM's. Could they somehow build a holographic device to project a picture of a ship but have the actual ship a little distance away and cloaked? Like a diversionary hologram.

Comment

you should be able to do that with one...but your zpm wont last years. with the beams and cloak you dont need to divert anyone...remember a zpm boosts shields too!

sigpic

Comment

Yes, but the shields won't be taxed when they're too busy firing at the hologram, they won't sustain as much damage, escape if their own weapons don't work would be easier, just overall lots of benefits when the enemy ship is busy firing at a straw dummy. Less repairs, heck the zpm would last longer because it wouldn't be so taxed when it's shields aren't as taxed.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
            Yes, but the shields won't be taxed when they're too busy firing at the hologram, they won't sustain as much damage, escape if their own weapons don't work would be easier, just overall lots of benefits when the enemy ship is busy firing at a straw dummy. Less repairs, heck the zpm would last longer because it wouldn't be so taxed when it's shields aren't as taxed.
            Wouldn't they detect that there's no actual mass where the Hologram was? It's not like they're just looking out a window and going "SHOOT!"
            Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
            Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
            Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

If they can send waves to disturb the bonds between individual nannites, then I think they can send a wave to feign mass. Besides they'd be sort of right next to the ship itself so maybe.

Comment

started another destiny with slight more detail then my last one...

WARNING highrez!!

Comment

Looks like a mix between a Beliskner and a 304. Cool concept, but i really don't like the "bristling" with guns theme. Takes away from the sleekness of the ship.

Also what's with the Multi APBW array? There's fanwank (which admittedly all this is) and then there's stuff like that. That's just a pet peeve of mine.
                  *singingly * jumping to conclusions

1: it's based off the BC from StarCraft
                  2: it does not have an APBW array. it has 6 large particle beam cannons. which run all the way through the neck. yes they're powerful. yes they're big. so what? size matters.
                  3: yes its bristling with guns. they're railguns. also, i believe the 304 has more railguns than that. maybe a notch smaller, but if my calcs are correct, this thing is 500 meters long, and each gun has a 5 meter barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    *singingly * jumping to conclusions

1: it's based off the BC from StarCraft
                    2: it does not have an APBW array. it has 6 large particle beam cannons. which run all the way through the neck. yes they're powerful. yes they're big. so what? size matters.
                    3: yes its bristling with guns. they're railguns. also, i believe the 304 has more railguns than that. maybe a notch smaller, but if my calcs are correct, this thing is 500 meters long, and each gun has a 5 meter barrel.
                    And you can't make the guns smaller because...?

As it stands, it's basically a weapons platform with an engine attached. Okay that's fine, but that's nothing new or original.
                    Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                    Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                    Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

and your ships are hugely original because?

most stuff has been done. the purpose of that ship was to try and make something like the Starcraft BC, simply because it's awesome. instead of a yamato cannon i added 6 particle beam cannons. also, it has some 60-80 missile tubes. they're in the hammerhead and each tube is approx. 2-3 meters in diameter, perfect for an ICBM type missile

Comment

I really like the way this thread has evolved.. it's so welcoming and friendly these days...

Comment

I agree
                          sigpic
                          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

we need less arguments and in fights and more models!

We need to provide help to new members so they can improve, like we were helped when we started!

sigpic

Comment

we can see how posting something different worked for me..

ALX shouldn't jump to conclusions so fast. it's better for ya heart and brain. and health in general

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                                we can see how posting something different worked for me..

ALX shouldn't jump to conclusions so fast. it's better for ya heart and brain. and health in general
                                i havent even posted on this thread page nor have i commented on your so called "ship" and yet you single me out? wow!!

aint it past your bedtime?

Comment

Working...
                                X