• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arsageo View Post
    http://http://i202.photobucket.com/a...g?t=1274714293

Name: Veronan Royal Star Ship (VRSS) Dreadnought Type 3
    Class: Venus Heavy Battleship
    Captain: Captain Gerard C. Yucari
    Commander: Lt. Commander Sir. Cyrus A. De Verona (Later captain of the Dreadnought)
    Overseer: Admiral Richard M. Kyo
    Min. Crew size: 478
    Max Crew Size: 1,560
    Armament:
    - 5 (3 forward, 2 rear) 1,000mm Dual Quad Artilery Hybrid Turrets (later replaced with 1,000mm Dual Quad Rail Guns)
    - 8 Ship-to-Ship Plasma Turrets
    - 8 101mm Anti-Fighter/Anti-MechS Energy Flak Turrets
    - 5 Cruise missile/Torpedo tubes
    - 1 Radiation Telemitry System (RTS or Hadron) Cannon (before end of service)
    Electronic Warfare Systems (before end of service)
    - Radar Jamming
    - Warp Scrambling
    - Cap Drain
    - Inertial Webbing
    Propelsion:
    - 4 Mamoth Thrusters
    Fuel Systems:
    - 16 Plasma Coils (Start of service)
    - 4 Plasma Reactors
    - 16 Mana Coil
    - 4 Mana Reactors (End of Service)
    Generator:
    - 6 V20 Diesel Generators
    Payload:
    - 15 Short Range Star Fighters
    - 30 M9 MechS
    - 30 M15 MechS
    Its nice to see another new member on gateworld, even better that your interested in ship design...however your ship design is way too over gunned.

sigpic

Comment

Had to do something else than the Rex today... ended up overhauling the Belatu-Cadros frigate... It's slightly longer and wider than the MkI... but the reach changes are to the hangers... the fighter bay is now in the nose & is able to carry 3 of my new Fighters (Instead of the F-303).... the rear now holds a Spear Transport hanger, and the Jumper hanger has been tweaked so it can carry a Rapier...

That was as far as i got in between watching the Chuck season finale... and the 24 Series finale... and trying to get news on a friend from a different forum who's in hospital atm in a coma... and it's touch and go if she'll survive

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
        Its nice to see another new member on gateworld, even better that your interested in ship design...however your ship design is way too over gunned.
        Its ment to be. Its ment to protect two carriers with only 5 cruisers as detail

Comment

except that half the ship is a gun. the structural stresses alone, and where does it even store the ammo?

Comment

I think what they're trying to say is, if you're gonna have that many guns, you're gonna need a bigger ship. The way it is now, it just wouldn't work. There wouldn't be enough ammo on the ship to recharge all the weapons even once.
            sigpic

Spoiler:
            Originally posted by IMDB
            Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
            Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              except that half the ship is a gun. the structural stresses alone, and where does it even store the ammo?
              I forgot that i changed the deck guns with 24inch instead of 1000mm. As for material, the ship is made of a metal i call Tridanium, made from the denses element, triadine. The ship is so heavy, most tractor beams overload when towing it an it can only dock at three spaceports. As for the shells, i was thinking they could be teleported from a near by carrier

Comment

And please oh please don't say they are energy weapons. 1% speed of light is silly for deisel (<Spelling monster!) engines. something travelling at the 1% the speed of light classed as a gauss projectile. :geek:

(I'm normally nice, but fanwank makes me Evil)
                Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                sigpic

Comment

This is the First Ship I'm taking on.
                  The TCS (Terran Confederacy) Mega Carrier Midway
                  Wing Commander Prophecy

Spoiler:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This has been more difficult than I would have thought in the 2D plans.
                  Many views of the ship are not shown and I had to review the You Tube missions and take my own snap shots of the ship. Even harder is that there are more curves in the ship that I originally thought.

I started a Goodle Sketchup of the Fighter launchers and Sensor Booms.
                  Spoiler:

I'll complete the 2D schemes before going to much further on the 3D

Comment

slice and dice

Spoiler:

Comment

So . . . the purpose of these commandos is to get slaughtered?
                      sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                        So . . . the purpose of these commandos is to get slaughtered?
                        They should be wearing red shirts

Comment

i was reading sphere by michael crichton the other day and I became really interested in the ship featured in the novel, i think i might re-engineer it to become a tauri vessel for gas giant research, but im getting sick of uber shields so i think ill add a shield loophole into gas planets, maybe they are only 5% effective, very low yield, when inside the atmosphere. Anyone got any ideas for a scientific loophole? id prefer to have a strong lead shielded ship than a tin can with a forcefield
                          sigpic
                          THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

Comment

Well, here's my first attempt with using SketchUp. I must say it's quite an awesome program for a n00b and I had fun throwing this together. Note, some stuff I haven't added to the model yet (WIP), so I'll just try and describe them.

Tentatively named 'Agincourt' Class Destroyer. This is meant to be primarily a long range fire support vessel for a fleet group, but its pod dock does greatly increase the range of missions it can fulfill.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Length: 200 m (I'm still unsure about the actual measurements but I feel happy with the ratios in the model)
                            Crew: 45?
                            Propulsion: Gravity drive and two ion thrusters
                            Reactor: ?
                            Hyperdrive: Hatak-based
                            Armament:
                            3 Dual mode anti-ship 'Longbow' plasma cannons mounted in 3 turrets
                            2 Dorsal launchers armed with either tactical nuclear missiles or subspace comm. and surveillance probe
                            16 short-mid range AA missiles launched from 8 lateral tubes (4 each side)
                            8 short range AA plasma cannons mounted in 4 turrets (2 upper port-starboard, 2 lower fore-aft)

ECM suite:
                            Active stealth
                            Holographic projectors to disrupt long range optical targeting
                            Broad-beam lasers to disrupt close range optical and thermal targeting

Additional Features:
                            Cruiser and Battery power modes - in cruiser, 'longbow' cannons have conventional range and power, full maneuvering. In battery, 'longbow' cannons have greatly enhanced range and a beam-like firing profile, ship has partial maneuvering power and asymmetrical shield strength.

Shaped hull - to mitigate kinetic weapon damage.

Enhanced lateral maneuvering power - makes up for limited power available in battery mode by allowing the ship to achieve high lateral velocity (90% of forward velocity in cruiser mode without ion drive assistance)

Multi-role pod dock - a load bearing dock on the forward 'keel'. Allows function pods to dock with the ship and extend its capabilities. Pods: Cannon pod (two additional 'Longbow' cannons with azimuth only coverage turrets), AA pod (32 additional vertically launched AA missiles), Special Ops pod (contains accommodation and ops facilities for special ops soldiers. Can also be used to carry additional marines), Support pod (contains cargo bay, salvage add-on and more advanced medical facility), Science pod (contains a generic lab module which can be retrofitted depending on the research to be undertaken).

Aft launch bay - sealed via bay doors. Runs lengthwise in the ship with vertical docks. Contains 1 shuttle/recon vessel and one empty salvage bay.

Those are all the specs I can think of at the moment. I wanted this to be something that could fit in with the Fleet thread but depending on what tech is finally settled upon, some stuff listed above might change.

Comment

Originally posted by blackluster View Post
                              Well, here's my first attempt with using SketchUp. I must say it's quite an awesome program for a n00b and I had fun throwing this together. Note, some stuff I haven't added to the model yet (WIP), so I'll just try and describe them.

Tentatively named 'Agincourt' Class Destroyer. This is meant to be primarily a long range fire support vessel for a fleet group, but its pod dock does greatly increase the range of missions it can fulfill.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Length: 200 m (I'm still unsure about the actual measurements but I feel happy with the ratios in the model)
                              Crew: 45?
                              Propulsion: Gravity drive and two ion thrusters
                              Reactor: ?
                              Hyperdrive: Hatak-based
                              Armament:
                              3 Dual mode anti-ship 'Longbow' plasma cannons mounted in 3 turrets
                              2 Dorsal launchers armed with either tactical nuclear missiles or subspace comm. and surveillance probe
                              16 short-mid range AA missiles launched from 8 lateral tubes (4 each side)
                              8 short range AA plasma cannons mounted in 4 turrets (2 upper port-starboard, 2 lower fore-aft)

ECM suite:
                              Active stealth
                              Holographic projectors to disrupt long range optical targeting
                              Broad-beam lasers to disrupt close range optical and thermal targeting

Additional Features:
                              Cruiser and Battery power modes - in cruiser, 'longbow' cannons have conventional range and power, full maneuvering. In battery, 'longbow' cannons have greatly enhanced range and a beam-like firing profile, ship has partial maneuvering power and asymmetrical shield strength.

Shaped hull - to mitigate kinetic weapon damage.

Enhanced lateral maneuvering power - makes up for limited power available in battery mode by allowing the ship to achieve high lateral velocity (90% of forward velocity in cruiser mode without ion drive assistance)

Multi-role pod dock - a load bearing dock on the forward 'keel'. Allows function pods to dock with the ship and extend its capabilities. Pods: Cannon pod (two additional 'Longbow' cannons with azimuth only coverage turrets), AA pod (32 additional vertically launched AA missiles), Special Ops pod (contains accommodation and ops facilities for special ops soldiers. Can also be used to carry additional marines), Support pod (contains cargo bay, salvage add-on and more advanced medical facility), Science pod (contains a generic lab module which can be retrofitted depending on the research to be undertaken).

Aft launch bay - sealed via bay doors. Runs lengthwise in the ship with vertical docks. Contains 1 shuttle/recon vessel and one empty salvage bay.

Those are all the specs I can think of at the moment. I wanted this to be something that could fit in with the Fleet thread but depending on what tech is finally settled upon, some stuff listed above might change.

I know sketchup is SO awesome...

Well this looks okay especially for a first attempt. THis isn't really a destroyer....it more like a tender or patrol at this size.
                              Stargate has established a good size for those ship but it depends if you think that the Daedalus is 600 or 300 meters long. Id like to see the creators thoughts on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Experiment 442 View Post
                                And please oh please don't say they are energy weapons. 1% speed of light is silly for deisel (<Spelling monster!) engines. something travelling at the 1% the speed of light classed as a gauss projectile. :geek:

(I'm normally nice, but fanwank makes me Evil)
                                If you read the details, youll understand

Comment

Working...
                                X