Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes as i said people are jumping to conclusions. besides it's precisely the same thing as i said before.

Comment

To repeat Bob:

STOP IT GODDAMMIT!

Nice work Bob :thumb: you gonna post that in LS-A?
      Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
      sigpic

Comment

Experiment: yeah, I'm about to swim 5 km but it'll be up later tonight.
        sigpic
        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
          Stop it goddammit!

On a lighter subject.

Real Life Model

Astraeus
          Spoiler:
          Astraeus is a joint venture by the United Nations to harvest Helium 3 from the atmosphere of Jupiter.

With the dwindling reserves of Uranium on Earth it became precedent to all to find alternative energy sources. It has been known that Helium 3 has been available on the Moon for decades but recent explorations of Jupiter have determined that Jupiter has far more He3 and it in far greater concentrations. This Helium 3 is needed for nuclear fusion and has since become the most valuable element.

Call signs Astraeus 1, 2, 3, and 4 these four helium 3 transportation vessels move He3 from Jupiter to Earth on 20 year cycles, two at a time. Every 19 years and 10 months Jupiter and Saturn line up with the Sun. Using this, the Astraeus Trains leave Earth and deploy a solar sail and accelerate to a speed of .20 the speed of light or 63 km/s before they start to decelerate. When leaving Jupiter they head towards Saturn, slingshot around it, and use the gained speed from the gravity to reach Earth in two years reaching a max speed of .45 the speed of light or 142 km/s.

More to come, I have it in my head I just need to put it in writing.

There are multiple cars but only two in this render with the "locomotive". Not even close to being done, more to come. 800,000 Polygons.
          sweet bob! 800k?? where are those polys situated?

Comment

Mainly in the trusses and geodesant spheres.
            sigpic
            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Mainly in the trusses and geodesant spheres.
              went all out on the segments then?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                yes as i said people are jumping to conclusions. besides it's precisely the same thing as i said before.
                it is a virtual enviroment meaning anything can be changed to your own specifications including particles etc in lightwave the default size for particles are 1x1m but this can easily be changed to 1000x1000m. my point is in a virtual inviroment scale is uneccesary it it has no impact on anything as anything can just as esasy be changed to fit with your specs.

Comment

Well, it was really for ascetics and had nothing really to do with the segments. Once I build the sail and rest of the locomotive that component will probably be the largest
                  sigpic
                  ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Well, it was really for ascetics and had nothing really to do with the segments. Once I build the sail and rest of the locomotive that component will probably be the largest
                    i get ya something smooth is allways preferable its looking good

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                      i get ya something smooth is allways preferable its looking good
                      I need to smooth my Wraith Stunner before I join the two sides together... if only I had a set smooth button I have to use lighter fluid and a paintbrush

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                        I need to smooth my Wraith Stunner before I join the two sides together... if only I had a set smooth button I have to use lighter fluid and a paintbrush
                        oh i hear ya real life can be so annoying in that way ive found myself wishing for a mirror function in RL myself
                        also copy and paste would be sweet as id be rich

Comment

oh i hear ya real life can be so annoying in that way ive found myself wishing for a mirror function in RL myself
                          also copy and paste would be sweet as id be rich
                          A mirror function would save a lot of time ...But then major health scares slow everything down too I could have finished the Stunner weeks ago I've managed to go one whole day without having to call or see a doctor

Comment

A mirror function would save a lot of time ...But then major health scares slow everything down too I could have finished the Stunner weeks ago I've managed to go one whole day without having to call or see a doctor
                            indeed it would id mirror everything

oh helth scares eh? you doing ok?
                            a whole day well thats something atleast

Comment

indeed it would id mirror everything

oh helth scares eh? you doing ok?
                              a whole day well thats something atleast
                              I'm ok for now.. But now the kidney stones have caused a new problem that is somehow even more painful

Comment

I'm ok for now.. But now the kidney stones have caused a new problem that is somehow even more painful
                                good to know. oh god kidney stones that something im def not looking forward to.. i still remeber my dad screaming when he passed some a few years back and all i can say is OOOOUCH.

sorry to hear that you are in pain tho.

Comment

Working...
                                X