This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by colbmista View Post
    insane detail dude ur gunan go nuts doing teh bottom... lol it sprob gunan tripple ur poly count... lol
    thanks and indeed ive gone slightly detail crazy on this one.
    and well that depens IF i greeble the bottom or not as currently i NEEED polys

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
    Oh well pardon me. Good Job. But seriously the CGI guys messed up with the whole really advanced race stepping back and using rivets.

and yeah they did and it isnt the only thing they messed up on destiny ive seen some pretty weird akward things during my screencapping and ref viewings specially texture wise as its all over the place.

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post

viewin back pages here
    this is cool, qiute original--what size would this vessel be? fighter-shaped, but bigger than a fighter
    old ugly desing of mine that has been loong abandoned but fighter size i guess...

Comment

started experimenting with textures.

note that these are early texture wips

Comment

I'm not sure how often I will be able to participate in my own concpet but...

Would anyone want to design fleets of new ship concepts for the alien species in the Triangulum galaxy? Assuming that no member of the great alliance ever went there.

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
          I'm not sure how often I will be able to participate in my own concpet but...

Would anyone want to design fleets of new ship concepts for the alien species in the Triangulum galaxy? Assuming that no member of the great alliance ever went there.
          i have no idea what you are talking about..... and really? you ant people to build you ENTIRE fleets? and "fleets" plural? youd better be ready to fork up some dough in that case.

Comment

No, not for me, I just thought it would be an interesting idea to build fleets for races that are not directly connected with the mythos we have from the show but are connected, at least in concept, with that universe. I wanted to see what it would be like to make up new aliens for the Stargate universe that are not dependant on the Ancient's cast-off technologies for their inspiration for advancement.

Much like the Gateworld Virtual fleets but having nothing to do with the Ancient's history.

However if most people look on my idea as you just have I will not crowd up this sub-forum and make a thread for it.

Comment

No, not for me, I just thought it would be an interesting idea to build fleets for races that are not directly connected with the mythos we have from the show but are connected, at least in concept, with that universe. I wanted to see what it would be like to make up new aliens for the Stargate universe that are not dependant on the Ancient's cast-off technologies for their inspiration for advancement.

Much like the Gateworld Virtual fleets but having nothing to do with the Ancient's history.

However if most people look on my idea as you just have I will not crowd up this sub-forum and make a thread for it.
              Can I make my own aliens to go with the ships?

Comment

Yes, that is part of what I intend. Though I don't want any Ancient, Asgard, Furling, Nox, or Human offshoots. If you want to make a humanoid species that is fine with me but they can have no genetic ancestry with the aformentioned species.

Comment

Yes, that is part of what I intend. Though I don't want any Ancient, Asgard, Furling, Nox, or Human offshoots. If you want to make a humanoid species that is fine with me but they can have no genetic ancestry with the aformentioned species.
                  Something like this ?
                  Spoiler:

But well you would rather design the ships that they use, right? I think you should create a seperate thread because you're going to get many ideas and sketches.
                  La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
                  L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

That is fine. I really do not care how alien you want to make a species, so long as they have some form of space vehicle to design.

Oh, I am planning on making another thread, called Fleets of the Triangulum Galaxy, but I wanted to make sure that there would be people who wanted to do this before I went and cluttered up the Gateworld Forum.

Comment

old ugly desing of mine that has been loong abandoned but fighter size i guess...[/QUOTE]

I think it's not too bad; viewing from the side I noticed the shaping to be similar to an Ancient Aurora-class vessel's.
                      If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                      [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Destiny almost final.

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                          Destiny almost final.

Tasty it really does look like a Cardassian ship doesn' it?

Awesome work man!
                          Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
                          Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
                          Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

looks noting like a cardassian ship...

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                              Tasty it really does look like a Cardassian ship doesn' it?

Awesome work man!
                              thanks man!

scenery

Comment

Originally posted by colbmista View Post
                                looks noting like a cardassian ship...
                                ohh yea it does! Only if it were a cardy ship the front would be the back

www.darkarmada.nl
                                www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Working...
                                X