Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lets see some animation with it with it shootin stuff and ftl and flying threw a star and other snazy stuff

Comment

Originally posted by colbmista View Post
      lets see some animation with it with it shootin stuff and ftl and flying threw a star and other snazy stuff
      From what Alx has told me, he's tried, but his computer dies of teh mega uberawesomeness I think he'll be trying again soon, he's been tweaking his computer so it doesn't die anymore when trying to render high poly count anims.
      Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
      Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
      Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

his destiny is substantably lower in poly then his original as he used texture for most of the paneling on this one its still quite high poly of a mesh but yeah

Comment

Originally posted by colbmista View Post
          his destiny is substantably lower in poly then his original as he used texture for most of the paneling on this one its still quite high poly of a mesh but yeah
          actually this one is substantially higher poly then the first one, this one tops out at 2million polys with 3 shuttles the reason for this is Sketchup only lets me eport the mesh in triangulated faces and as such all that geometry (mostly unnecesary) is a bit of a strain on my computer..

anyway im animating something now so it should be up once its finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post
            updates on the 501

We'll just nick name that ship the Levi's

Comment

USS TITAN

Comment

Animation time

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                  USS TITAN
                  Spoiler:
                  Damned bloody fabulous Alx, and the vid of the Destiny is great
                  My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                  sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Is that the one we were talking about Alx?

And nice on Destiny, though from what you told me i was honestly expecting more
                    Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
                      Just a quick update before I go to school.

Does it look better with
                      Spoiler:

Or without the Textures?
                      Spoiler:
                      DB, so far though you have a way to go, you are learning. But your design currently resembles the front section of a much larger ship, I'll post a pic of the 340 later to show what I mean
                      My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                      sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Spoiler:

New render of an old ship..

I'm thinking of adding some more detail to it Now that I know what I'm doing with Blender

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
                          Damned bloody fabulous Alx, and the vid of the Destiny is great
                          thanks mate
                          Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                          Is that the one we were talking about Alx?

And nice on Destiny, though from what you told me i was honestly expecting more
                          it is,
                          and yeah thanks but keep in mind this is very low rez settings and 400 frames which took me 4h to render the original and the one i spoke of was 3 times the res and overall quality.

Last edited by Alx; 11 March 2010, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                            thanks mate

it is,
                            and yeah thanks but keep in mind this is very low rez settings and 400 frames which took me 4h to render the original and the one i spoke of was 3 times the res and overall quality.

i getcha, i was actually thinking of the FTl effect. When we talked earlier i was thinking you mean Destony ENTERING FTL, not alreayd in it

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                              i getcha, i was actually thinking of the FTl effect. When we talked earlier i was thinking you mean Destony ENTERING FTL, not alreayd in it
                              ah ok

Comment

Re-Textured the 304 Mesh.

Comment

Working...
                                X