X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alx View Post
    @saquist

i think it captured the romulan styling quite well but i def se the cylon resemblence in the nose.

and the serraphim looks really good to me!
    It has a long way to go to get to Enigmas level of detail but I'm still searching for the right tools to make this stuff easier. I couldn't imagine doing the level of detail you do on your models on CAD. I neither have the power nor the programing for it.

But thanks...I guess it's just wishful thinking right now.

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
    As i said before..... not really a fan of the ST designs.... But i do like your work Saquist

Couple of updates....

Back when i blocked out the Enyalius, i blocked out the Quarters just to get the layout right... since then i've been slicing and dicing it into a possible working set of quarters for the crews on the ships i've been throwing out recently.

The above image is of the corridor outside the room.

just added a few details to this....though i'm still not happy about the large empty flat area just forward of the Bridge.... Finally picked up a name for this. Nodens- Celtic Deity of Healing, the Sea, Hunting and Dogs.

Trying my hand at a large version of the ST-820 i designed for an old GWMCT entry. colours and textures are placeholders atm
    You know when I looked at the thumb nail I thought those cycles were the landing gear. It looked really cool like a tough version of the space shuttle for the Daedalus or Prometheus.

Comment

saquist the reason it looks Cylon is simple. the "head" has this line thingey which makes it look like the trademark Cylon "eye".

ALX: i see. you changed the nose "flaps " to be longer. and the hangar side armor is longer. mm... makes for a very strange, stretched design. then again, the most miraculous aspect of the 304 was the view: one moment, it looked armored. the next, it looks thin. the most awesome pose ever is in The Siege, where the Deadaalus hovers over those 12 hives and you see the nose and the neck and it just provides an awesome sight. i love bulky and armored.

good job. can't wait.

Comment

indeed the only thing missign would be gray paint and a red light thing going from side to side.
        but i do like the look. and the skill that went into it design wise but ST ships always look ridiculous to me.

Comment

here is the slow HD 360 view of the "turtle"
          enjoy killman!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKxUjgBHayE

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
            here is the slow HD 360 view of the "turtle"
            enjoy killman!
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKxUjgBHayE
            the DETAIL is crazy...it could probably go right on the show.

Comment

awesome

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                awesome
                thanks!!

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                saquist the reason it looks Cylon is simple. the "head" has this line thingey which makes it look like the trademark Cylon "eye".

ALX: i see. you changed the nose "flaps " to be longer. and the hangar side armor is longer. mm... makes for a very strange, stretched design. then again, the most miraculous aspect of the 304 was the view: one moment, it looked armored. the next, it looks thin. the most awesome pose ever is in The Siege, where the Deadaalus hovers over those 12 hives and you see the nose and the neck and it just provides an awesome sight. i love bulky and armored.

good job. can't wait.
                yeah it is stretched i admit and it might be something i intend to fiddle with when i have gotten further i kept it as is as i was considdering the dorsal look and i didnt want the neck to look stumped but its another werk i intend to adress. oh yes i love that about the 304 beuteful design but i admit i hated it when i first saw it but it def grew on me.
                yeah that shot in the siege is one of my favorite views aswell and im also quite fond of the landing shot on atlantis the front side view is superb IMO

here is my favorite view of the 304 design

here is the same angle on the "turtle" its also the reason i call it turtle

and there will be more of this one
                Last edited by Alx; 29 December 2009, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Warglide's Side View

Spoiler:

Enigma's Secondary Hull
                  (Sensor)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

If I could figure out how to do this in sketchup or blender (ugh) I would detail these bad boy's to NO end but ALX just makes it look easy.

Comment

I just found a copy of Enigma on my BACKUP!!!
                    this is sweet...It's not everything I had done but it's all the HARD STUFF!
                    OMG I don't have to start over all again!

Comment

i really like the nacelles very unique design!
                      lucky you found a backup

Comment

Ugh....Trying to load up a copy of 3D Max on my laptop..... damn activation screen isn't taking the product key i have for it

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

with the help of my personal peanut gallery i have completed my puddle jumper in flight mode. i am posting 3 pics here enjoy.
                          Last edited by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei; 14 January 2010, 09:45 PM.
                          sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

buuuteefull! looks real good bud!

Comment

a new super high rez of the turtle
                              few more reebles added.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post
                                with the help of my personal peanut gallery i have completed my puddle jumper in flight mode. i am posting 3 pics here enjoy.
                                Very nice.
                                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                                Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                                If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                                Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Working...
                                X