This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats Awesome.....

And i echo Semmer's comments about CASF.... i've got a few more designs up there than here....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

looks great semmer, goes with the look of the drones you are making.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
        Odd how?

Thanks
        Last time someone ask me that, about 3 people jumped down my throat for being honest.

But I think you're doing good work.
        I love the effort and I wish that I could follow all of you but time doesn't permit.

Comment

I'll post some of my former work.

First:
          Enigma Class U.S.S. Epic

Length: 508m
          Crew: 360

Two Warp Cores Feeding Four Nacelles.
          Max Safe Cruising Speed: Warp 9.991
          Dash Speed: Warp 9.9929

IMF: 6 Units

Active Stealth: Peripheral Subspace Masking
          Phasers: 13 Arrays
          Tubes: 6 forward 4 aft

These are the original model before my attempts at a solid model.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Comment

Not much of a Trek design fan..... but that is cool...

Comment

and the greebleing continues..

Comment

The Romulan Gunship War Glide

The War Glide
                This ship is the Romulan response to the Defiant Class.

Length:233
                Crew: 120

Max Warp Speed 9.2

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Comment

i dont mean to be mean squist but that romulan design looks kind gay.
                  it looks wayyyyyyyyy too edgy to be romulan. and other than that it looks like a warbird that has had its bottom half chopped off
                  sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

looks more like a cylon design to me.

ALX, please make a SLOW rotation animation. HD preferably.

also people, click that image and take a few moments. there is a trillion times more detail when you zoom in max and take a look to enjoy it.

lemme see if i can green you ALX

Comment

thanks Killman im glad you like it and noticed my obsessive detailing
                      here is a 300frame 10sec animation (in 720p HD) not very "slow" but i need the puter for more then rendering atm so this will have to do for now.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCnMYLzmZoM

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post
                        i dont mean to be mean squist but that romulan design looks kind gay.
                        it looks wayyyyyyyyy too edgy to be romulan. and other than that it looks like a warbird that has had its bottom half chopped off
                        First rule of art: Have a thick skin.

One of effects of Auto CAD is that it tends to make very very sharp edges.
                        Now to be honest...most of the sharp edge work on this one is mine. All the pictures you've seen are results of a certain type of modeling called "surface Modeling".

In Sketchup it's 3D Modeling. It's easier to smooth objects. AutoCAD can do "Solid Modeling" too but unfortunately I learned the surface modeling first.

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        looks more like a cylon design to me.
                        Now that's what I normally get when sci fi fans see the Warglide. It happens almost every single time and the funny thing is that I developed this a year before the cylon raider or at the same time but I didn't have cable so I never knew what they looked like.

The Warglide's wings spread like the digits of your fingers spread to jump to warp. It maintains the tradition of the Romulan design lineage in a far more angular translation than the smooth D'Derridix Class Warbird but maintains it's dominating size over ships of it's own class.

Seraphim Class

Length: 366 meters
                        Crew:125

Maximum Safe Cruising Speed Warp 9.9
                        Dash Speed Warp 9.925

Named after a class of angel, this design's purpose was to be a patrol and Star Base Tender.

This Design is highly unfinished:
                        Yet with the help of a friend we attempted to go in a different direction who was stuck on the "Sovereign Class" style.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

This was a perfect example of surface modeling. Surfaces are made between two lines so every one these has a complex web of wires so it takes some time and visual skill.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                          DUDE what do you use...I was going to but the pro version of sketchup....
                          I use Blender for modelling, for rendering I use Blender Internal renderer, Yafaray or LuxRender

Comment

@saquist

i think it captured the romulan styling quite well but i def se the cylon resemblence in the nose.

and the serraphim looks really good to me!

Comment

I've got Blender on the computer but....
                              It is not easy to work in at all.

I was amazed how EASY Sketch up was. It works just like AutoCAD but with a click instead of commands...Most excellent. Maybe I should give it another go because I love reflective surfaces on your design...It's different.

Comment

As i said before..... not really a fan of the ST designs.... But i do like your work Saquist

Couple of updates....

Back when i blocked out the Enyalius, i blocked out the Quarters just to get the layout right... since then i've been slicing and dicing it into a possible working set of quarters for the crews on the ships i've been throwing out recently.

The above image is of the corridor outside the room.

just added a few details to this....though i'm still not happy about the large empty flat area just forward of the Bridge.... Finally picked up a name for this. Nodens- Celtic Deity of Healing, the Sea, Hunting and Dogs.

Trying my hand at a large version of the ST-820 i designed for an old GWMCT entry. colours and textures are placeholders atm

Comment

Working...
                                X