This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maf.e.u
    I thought i'd have a go for a bit of fun, I'm not going to try drawing it. i'd have no idea how.

Also i added the Ha'tak weapons as there probably not going to be amazingly diffoicult to procure and they are generally probably more powerfull then rail guns.
    This needs more specs work but looks promising, would you be able to configure this ship's specs so it matches that of a Frigate? Then may we use it in Earth's virtual fleet thing going on in the Earth Battleship Design Thread?

If you are going to take it down to a Frigate, I suggest you loose the 20 F-302's and the second hyperspace window generator.

Otherwise, nice job. No it's not fanwank.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by cooky
      Henry H. Arnold Class Cruiser
      __-308 cruiser

Length 149m
      Width 90m
      Hight 28m

FTL: 304 class hyperdrive/main generator.
      Defenses: Modified 304 class defense shield.
      Capital ship weapons: 18 vertical launch missle silos. 3 main rail guns (same as 304's main guns)
      Point defense weapons: 10 anti-fighter rail guns. 2 RAM launcher systems each armed with 21 block 2 space capable missles.
      Crew: 52

The 308 class cruiser was designed in '08-'09. Intended primarilly to serve as an anti-fighter gunship, the 308 class vessels were the first capital star ships to incorporate a modified AEGIS class weapons control system, specially designed for use in space warfare. This gives the 308 class cruiser a powerfull anti-fighter capability. The addition of 3 large calibure rail guns equivilant to a 304's main guns and 18 vert. launch missile silos give the 308 a potent anti-capital ship capability as well.

The first 308, named after Air Force General Henry H. Arnold was comission in January 2010. It first saw combat two months later when it engaged two wraith hive ships in the Pegasus Galaxy along with the Daedalus class ship Enceladus. Post battle analysis of the sensor records credited the Arnold with 1 wraith cruiser kill, 36 Dart kills, and 7 partial kills. It was deamed a tremendous success and the Air Force requested they go into full production immedeatly. Future ships in the class would be named for other Airforce Generals, giving the 308's the nickname "The General's Ships."

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...tills/308b.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...erspective.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1.../marsfleet.jpgBig picture. Click to see.
      I think it's way too big to be a gunship, in just about every repsect, but other then that it's pretty good.

edit: w00t 500 posts
      Last edited by TameFarrar; 06 July 2006, 09:02 PM.
      Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
      The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
      I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
      A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
      That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
      Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
      Caboose: They could be worse?
      Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

I agree. I looks like a Destroyer or a Frigate...
        This poster has a Superiority Complex. Apologies in advance.

Comment

X-296c Interceptor Class Scout "Reaper"

X-296c Specifications
          Hull: Tritanium Alloy frame with tungsten reinforced whelds.
          Armour: Tungsten, Titanium mixture alloy
          Shield: N/A
          Sublight Engines: 2x Asgard Sublight engines
          Thrusters: 4x Aurora Bomber Class Subsonic Thrusters / Initially designed for
          the aurora bombers on earth, these subsonic engines were
          grafted onto the "Reaper" for extra speed increase.
          Power: 2x Mk 2 Naqueda Reactors
          Crew: 1 Pilot
          Cargo: Sacrificed for hyperdrive generator.
          Added Tech: Internal inertia system, tok'ra sensors.

X-296c Weapons
          1x 50mm multibarreled chain gun (Front)
          2x 150mm Railguns (Either side)

Backstory
          The X-296c "Reaper" Class ship was first stumbled upon when designing new fightercraft for earth, with research Tauri scientists realised with the sacrifice of weapons / wings & cargo they could add more speed and a hyperdrive to a small ship giving it an amazing abilitie for long range recon, the ship was put through rigorus training and passed all tests 100/100. The ship itself however cannot jump large distances like the X304 class battlecruisers but enough to gain the information needed.

Though alot was sacrificed Tauri scientists still managed to graft weapons onto the "Reaper", with its high speed and agility the "Reaper" can fall back into fleet dutys as a light scout fighter, the X-296c has shown to the unforgiving it is a force to be recond with. In recent wargames the "Reaper" was put up against the old class X-302 hybrid, the wargame lasted 38seconds and the simulation shown the "reaper" as the victor.

To production knoledge only 5 of these scouts have been produced.
          Last edited by Jonas Quiinn; 06 July 2006, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas Quiinn
            X-296c Interceptor Class Scout "Reaper"

X-296c Specifications
            Hull: Tritanium Alloy frame with tungsten reinforced whelds.
            Armour: Tungsten, Titanium mixture alloy
            Shield: N/A
            Sublight Engines: 2x Asgard Sublight engines
            Thrusters: 4x Aurora Bomber Class Subsonic Thrusters / Initially designed for
            the aurora bombers on earth, these subsonic engines were
            grafted onto the "Reaper" for extra speed increase.
            Power: 2x Mk 2 Naqueda Reactors
            Crew: 1 Pilot
            Cargo: Sacrificed for hyperdrive generator.
            Added Tech: Internal inertia system, tok'ra sensors.

X-296c Weapons
            1x 50mm multibarreled chain gun (Front)
            2x 150mm Railguns (Either side)

Backstory
            The X-296c "Reaper" Class ship was first stumbled upon when designing new fightercraft for earth, with research Tauri scientists realised with the sacrifice of weapons / wings & cargo they could add more speed and a hyperdrive to a small ship giving it an amazing abilitie for long range recon, the ship was put through rigorus training and passed all tests 100/100. The ship itself however cannot jump large distances like the X304 class battlecruisers but enough to gain the information needed.

Though alot was sacrificed Tauri scientists still managed to graft weapons onto the "Reaper", with its high speed and agility the "Reaper" can fall back into fleet dutys as a light scout fighter, the X-296c has shown to the unforgiving it is a force to be recond with. In recent wargames the "Reaper" was put up against the old class X-302 hybrid, the wargame lasted 38seconds and the simulation shown the "reaper" as the victor.

To production knoledge only 5 of these scouts have been produced.
            Interesting ship. How big is it?

Comment

idea:

jonas quinn is no longer alowed in the ship design threads

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

I personally don't think the Daedalus is quite the failure most people do. Remember, it was designed to fight Ha'tak's, not hive ships, and no Daedalus class ship has never had a significant engagement with ha'taks. The one in off the grid was not a major fight or a good test of Odyssey's capabilities. Even then, the Odyssey's rail guns were able to damage the ha'taks. Throw in missles and some good tactics, and I think a Daedalus class ship could easilly handle 3 or 4 ha'taks at a time. Hive ships are many times larger than ha'taks. If a single ha'tak went up against a lone hive, I don't think it would do to well, despite the advantage of shields.

i now agree that the daedalus class ships are powerful, i first though they had only the fron 4 rail guns, thought it was pretty pathetic, but they do indeed have at least 4 in the back part of the ship, dont ask how i know, i just remember seeing several rail guns firing from the back

and the goa'uld hat'ak would'nt have a chance, the sheild of the hatack are so more weaker then that of the daedalus class vessels, at least 3 times weaker(seeing as the hat'ak cant even take one shot from the ori toilet classes and even get completly obliterated by the secondary weapons but the daedalus can take a few shots from the ori class ships and i dont knwo about their secondary guns)

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

Actually I would stick with the shape of the deadelus but with the following changes:
                  -2km(Accomidations for a much larger crew and more soldiers)
                  -Ancient Shielding Technology
                  -Drone Weapons
                  -Multiple Goa'uld Ring Transporters
                  -Doubble the ammount of F-302's or more
                  -Puddle jumper or two(Cloaked for reconnisance and to interface cloaking with the sheild like in Seige Pt.3 to cloak the ship)

Comment

Originally posted by mburrows
                    idea:

jonas quinn is no longer alowed in the ship design threads
                    You dont have the right to say that. I don't think anyone does.
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    Stargate : Genesis |
                    Original Starship DesignThread
                    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                      You dont have the right to say that. I don't think anyone does.
                      That's true. Blaming someone for something and banning them from a particular type of thread just because they made one wrongdoing are two different things. The second of which is too harsh.

Originally posted by spiff
                      Actually I would stick with the shape of the deadelus but with the following changes:
                      -2km(Accomidations for a much larger crew and more soldiers)
                      -Ancient Shielding Technology
                      -Drone Weapons
                      WANK!

Best Stargate quote:
                      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                      Green is your friend.

Comment

/shrug as a few people pointed out, using other's 3d artwork, or artwork in general is very pathetic
                        Last edited by mburrows; 07 July 2006, 10:50 PM.

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

While researching specs for my carrier, I got an idea for a ship class that hasn't been touched upon yet. Ironically, I already had most of it moddled, so I took a detour from the carrier and made this. It's just the basic mesh with no details yet. Hope you like.

Planetary Assault Cruiser AVS-304
                          Daedalus Class Varient

Dimensions: Same as stantard 304 class.
                          Weapons: 4 Main Rail Guns, 6 Auxiliary Small Cal. Rail Guns. 4 Space RAM launchers.
                          Transport capacity.
                          Ground: Batalion strength combat equipment/vehicles, up to 1000 personel.
                          Air/space: variable fixed wing or rotary wing aircraft based on mission objectives.

Despite 8 years of gate travel, most of it spent in combat against one threat or another, Earth had yet to fight a full scale war on a galactic scale. Then came the Ori invasion. Following the defeat at P3Y-229 (the supergate) the Ori forces began a planet-hopping campaign of conquest. While helping these planets fend off the Ori invaders, Earth learned a valuable lesson, no matter how powerfull your spaceship is, only ground forces can conquer a planet.

Following this realization, Earth began to covertly mobilize its conventional ground forces for war with the Ori. And while planning for possible combat scenarios, America's military leadership realized they may need a means of deploying ground forces to another world. To meet this need, designs for a modified version of the Daedalus class cruiser capable of transporting and deploying up to a batallion strength ground force and a limited amount of ground attack aircraft. As the designs were drawn up, the obvious choice for the inspiration was the Navy's amphibious assault ship designed to deploy Marine Air-Ground Task Forces (MAGTF).

The smaller, auxilliary hangerbays were removed and the larger bays expanded to meet the main fuselage. They were also modified to carry and deploy up to a batallions strength armored infantry division. The missile silos were removed and converted into living space, while the enginering section in the rear of the main fuselage was moved forward, making room for a side opening hanger bay. A 230 meter long launch/recovery platform was placed above the port assault bay. A single catapult and standard recovery systems allow for deployment of any carrier aircraft in America's arsenal. Addition living space was added above the Starboard Assault bay to provide the support room needed for a full batallion of troops.

The modified design retains the 304 class's ability to touch down on either dry land or water and the designs of the Assault bay allow for deployment of troops and vehicles from either land or water, making the AVS-304 the largest amphibious assault ship in military history. The transportation technology standard on all Daedalus class ships gives the AVS varient an addition option for deploying forces into the field without even having to enter a planetary atmosphere.

Currently the 5th and 7th 304 class ships slated for construction will be the AVS varient. The first, Aeacus, is scheduled for deployment in mid 2007, the second, Medea, in mid-late '08.

Comment

very nice cooky, i love it

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

I really like it cooky, well done, your slowly getting your own fleet together there! great design, description and initative too, the class asnt there but you have put it forward great, hopefully that ship can be used as a backdrop for some Fanfic- fleet style
                              sigpic
                              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                              Stargate : Genesis |
                              Original Starship DesignThread
                              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                              11000! green me

Comment

Cooky, nice job, but why are the two bays different? Could you work on a carrier/Battlecarrier, or battlecruiser?

Best Stargate quote:
                                Green is your friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X