This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
    From the image shown i would have assumed it was a model of Atlantis WIP and if that was the case the deadalus or city would need to be significantly resized. A deadalus is 750m long so even at 15000m the scaling is still wrong.
    I your oppinoin yes but not in mine the buldings are far larger then the ones on atlantis.

thekillman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AHHHHH!

people read what everybody says.

he worked on that for a few HOURS. its a WIP. also, Experiment talked about atlantis, so clearly he hadnt seen the city of sparta stuff.

so much trouble that can be solved by proper reading.
    Couldnt agree more!

anyway i am interested at the next step. how big is the influence of atlantis? cause it does look alot like atlantis
    Next steps are further detailng and expanding the city with an assortment of buildings the influence is very much of atlantis design but the city is far larger and was intended for many more inhabitants and i invision it being closer to the original concepts of atlantis that were scrapped with my own design twist on it!

Comment

If you think thats anal you should have seen AJT!
      NIICE.

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
      Don't brag. J.K.
      LOL...

Originally posted by Experiement 442 View Post
      Just like any top hit show/film.
      I guess.
      I thought Stargate was different. I like the organization here in the design area. They should hire you guys.

Originally posted by Alx View Post
      so did i but it has been proven time and time again that stargate is riddled with holes....
      REally...I thought it had less than more.

Experiment and Alx
      Let's breathe little....think light and airy. I see nothing wrong with either one of you. I see only different progresses in talent.

Comment

Just had a chill. (eg dinner and a drink.) So i'm good again.

Really? Wow, is it an alright course?
        Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
        sigpic

Comment

double post

www.darkarmada.nl
          www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Gosh...442 I think your Aria is a nice ship!

Alx, the quality of modelling is not defined by a persons age but their experience and their portfolio of work. Please remember everyone who use's this thread and this section can give advice; how you take the advice is up to you but don't go on the offensive just defend your model while respecting the other forum user.

For example I disagree with tep that the daedalus is not 750m, I would put it at 630m.

Give us some information on your city so we can understand why it is 15KM wide...by giving readers a glimpse into your design by telling us what the city is, a little history and why it is so much bigger than Atlantis. (I think Atlantis is 3km wide, any ideas tep?)

On the otherside what is your computer...running a 15km wide station. powerful?

sigpic

Comment

Aria is a great annihilator

www.darkarmada.nl
              www.runescape.com

Comment

Contrats to everyone, pharaoh you just got the 9k post!!!!! Its been ages since there was a "k" to celebrate!
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
                  double post
                  Running a render of the Halen Weapon for SFM and tep, then it started to freeze up and so I did what anybody would have done in my situation if they're impatient: I turned it off and on again.

Sorted now though.

Ah, yes, the Aria. You know I've redone her as a Flagship Was about to run a render of it after the Halen Weapon, but alas, my comp lost the work I did Got to do the work on the Halen Weapon as well

At least I didn't loose the work on the Fan-Fic. I should take these things one at a time. I'm no multi-tasker!

Grats!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Experiement 442 View Post
                    Just had a chill. (eg dinner and a drink.) So i'm good again.

Really? Wow, is it an alright course?
                    But it's a lot of work.. which is why I've been so busy lately.. trying to create a groundbreaking, never seen before engineering based educational toy that is on the cutting edge of design technology.. but based around 15th-19th century mechanical engineering principles..

Comment

then I have to post more

I'm going to start to try to make some real progress on my current project, a Bird inspired ship, meant as a carrier capable of going head on if facing a 304.

www.darkarmada.nl
                      www.runescape.com

Comment

I have not done any drawing for nearly a week. we had the 3d episode of Chuck in the UK so me and the missis sat down to that also been busy with work stuff.

sigpic

Comment

Contrats to everyone, pharaoh you just got the 9k post!!!!! Its been ages since there was a "k" to celebrate!
                          *is known as PH*

I did? I would like to thank all the little people who helped me achieve the 9k post.. but the truth is I did it all by myself

Now... where's the cake?

And to stay on topic.. A ship I crashed made over a year ago

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...er1024x768.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                            And to stay on topic.. A ship I crashed made over a year ago

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...er1024x768.jpg
                            sigpic

Comment

Usually for advice on modeling, you only are looking for it when you ask for it. But when someone gives it, don't be rude about it.

Good advice can come from the highest and lowest of places.
                              Visit my Website

Comment

Mike: Are you doing the modelling challenge, if so: can we have a look see?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X