This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do most people use on here?
    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

dont need your advice! already know how to use this software!
      Also it was just a peek as i only started building it today so detail will be added when i've spent more time on it
      and yes its big diameter of 15000m so the 304 is the right size!
      atlantis in comparison is barely the size of the central city deck.

Comment

Don't loose your underware mate. Just handing out advice.
        Its a good start alright, just don't go crazy on people when you hear them say stuff like that.
        As i stated in my EDIT: I only realised, put the name outside the SPOILERS next time, easier to see
        Just calm down, take a chill pill, and relax mate.
        Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
          What do most people use on here?
          The big ones that are free are Google SketchUp and Blender.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Experiement 442 View Post
            The big ones that are free are Google SketchUp and Blender.
            Ahkay. I just was wondering. I have Lightwave.
            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

Don't loose your underware mate. Just handing out advice.
              Its a good start alright, just don't go crazy on people when you hear them say stuff like that.
              As i stated in my EDIT: I only realised, put the name outside the SPOILERS next time, easier to see
              Just calm down, take a chill pill, and relax mate.
              Im not in the habbit of takin advise from 14yr olds as yourself!
              Also i do not think you are a very good designer so your so called "Advice" isnt worth that much to me. i dont mean to come of as an a** just stating facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                Also i do not think you are a very good designer so your so called "Advice" isnt worth that much to me. i dont mean to come of as an a** just stating facts.
                Well, you did.

sigpic

Comment

true certain details were interesting but i've seen far better designs

Comment

Oh great, another stereotypical person who thinks fourteen year olds don't have the slightest clue about anything.

On designs:

Show me your best work and i'll show you mine.
                    sigpic

Comment

AHHHHH!

people read what everybody says.

he worked on that for a few HOURS. its a WIP. also, Experiment talked about atlantis, so clearly he hadnt seen the city of sparta stuff.

so much trouble that can be solved by proper reading.

anyway i am interested at the next step. how big is the influence of atlantis? cause it does look alot like atlantis!

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                        Oh great, another stereotypical person who thinks fourteen year olds don't have the slightest clue about anything.

On designs:

Show me your best work and i'll show you mine.
                        Can we stick to ship design and keep the personal disputes in PM or away from the forum. Please?

Comment

Sorry but the internet doesnt accept age as a valid count of experience nor qualification in these matters. Unless you have a degree in Engineering and Aerodynamic or Astrophysics your advise and his are equally valid. I was 15 when i started posting on GW and i was 17 when i wrote the guide that people still look at when designing ships. Age isnt a factor when determining weather or not you should take advice and this forum is still based on equal principles. If you dont want his advice, thats fine but he is trying to help. From the image shown i would have assumed it was a model of Atlantis WIP and if that was the case the deadalus or city would need to be significantly resized. A deadalus is 750m long so even at 15000m the scaling is still wrong.
                          sigpic
                          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                          Stargate : Genesis |
                          Original Starship DesignThread
                          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                          11000! green me

Comment

I'm about 2 weeks away from finishing a Master's degree which involved quite a lot of engineering/robotics...

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                              I'm about 2 weeks away from finishing a Master's degree which involved quite a lot of engineering/robotics...
                              Don't brag. J.K.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                                Don't brag. J.K.
                                But I didn't even mention my Undergraduate degree in Model design and Special Effects..

Comment

Working...
                                X