Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks sweet, i like the drone launchers.
    Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
    sigpic

Comment

Just a little something i started fiddling with yesterday while working on my stealth ship..... (Brothers computer enables me to work on 2 different 3D max windows at once...which is useful)

Spoiler:

Not sure what class to put this in.... thinking frigate atm.

Don't really have anything else to put here about this one yet.......

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

looks awesome with those colours SDL

Nice overall design and i like to two side thingies.
        sigpic

Comment

i have an obsession with the ori mother ship and the odyssey so mines a combo of them a bit

~Name:
          E.D.C Barclay's (Earth Defense Command)

~Class:
          Barclay's Class Defense Ship

~Technology Base:
          Tau'ri/Asgard

~Length:
          3km

~Decks:

~Weight:
          100,500 tons

~Construction:
          Trinium reinforced high-tensile steel hull.

~Crew:
          4000 (maximum capacity 25,000)

~Power Plant:
          multiple large NIG
          multiple medium NIG (reserve)

~Propulsion:
          4 Asgard hyperspace window generators
          10 Asgard ion-based sunlight drives
          Anti-gravity wave generators

~Weapons:
          750 x Mk. 42 Vertical Missile Launch Quad-Packs.
          1000 x Mk. VIII naquada enhanced tactical ship-to-ship missiles
          150 x twin-barrel 5.5 inch rail gun cannons x 10,000 rounds each gun.
          150 x single-barrel 6 inch rail gun cannons x 5,000 rounds each
          10 x Anti-Ori beam weapons

~Defenses:
          Asgard shields( plus reserve for failure of primary)
          Cloaking device (only be used for small amounts at a time and need s a 5 hour recharge)
          Auto hyperspace jump if certain amount of damage is taken (75% damage can only be overridden by commander
          has 4 bays which hold 25 F-307 space fighter(new)

~Other technology:
          Asgard transporter (no beacons)
          Rings
          sensors (can detect pretty much anything
          earth weapons to work in Hyper space (only kinetic weapons)

~ A Brife history
          The Barclay's is the flag ship of Earth, and was construed 10 years after the downfall of the loyal Ori. The ship was made to be the greatest ship ever made by the Tau-ri, which can better an Aurora-class battle cruiser with taken minimal damage, mining it can take on a fleet of Auroras with out taken a subliminal amount of damage.

The ship is mainly based on Asgard and Ori technology, but the ship design is mainly Ancient making it look like an Aurora class. with the massive size of the Barclay's the ship is the newly formed HQ of the SGC and SGCEDF(Star Gate Command Earth Defense Force), the SGC has been released to the public. There are 2 Star gates on earth. There is 3 on the Barclay's all used for different purposes. The commander of the SGC and SGCEDF is Gen Marti the commander of the Barclay for 5 years and then commander of SGC and SGCEDF.

With the SGCEDF based on the Barclay's the ships is always in orbit of earth, but can reach the edge of the galaxy in matter of days. meaning there is no resistance if the milky way. The last up rising was of the Gareth a, Technology advanced race who thought they were the true god of the universe. The Barclay's was Sent in with at least 20k EDF Troops not one troop was sent down as as the Barclay's boomed the the planets so much it hit the planets cor,e destroying the planet crushing all hope of another up rising. All know Resistance is based in the Achilles galaxy but the Barclay's is under strict orders never to leave the milky way.

There is 4 More Barclay's-Class Ships under construed, but on smaller class and to be based on the Pegasus and the Achilles galaxy's, but will have better hyper drive and more Sunlight engines.

Some of the history bit makes no sense i know, and as far as i know i haven't went over bored with the stuff on the ship.
          Last edited by SGC Earth's Defense Commander; 03 July 2009, 08:16 AM. Reason: change it so it less fanwank its more earth and asgard
          i draw StarGate ships I'm not perfect at them, then nothing's perfect well StarGate is

I will do request cause I'm nice, i have an obsession with drawing Ori Mother Ships don't know why

Spoiler:
          i'm writing my own Stagate series, its called star gate Achilles its a a galaxy based with the highly technology advanced replicator-humans with atlanten and Asgards technology 2 of the most power ships and a fleet of C-305's are in bound to find out if there is an live this galaxy but what will heppen will be massive shock to the tau-ri

x-304 line art
          Spoiler:

done by me took hours then forgot to add weapons so its not finished

feel free to use I'd love to see colored in version

Comment

Take of the Ori power source and beams and you have a decent ship. Replace with APBW's and a TNIG power source and its not bad atall.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

if you don't mind what is are APBW's and a TNIG i know there power source but like what are they used in for i haven't made spec for a battle cruiser before most of my info I've gotten of season 5-10 and The Daedalus
              i draw StarGate ships I'm not perfect at them, then nothing's perfect well StarGate is

I will do request cause I'm nice, i have an obsession with drawing Ori Mother Ships don't know why

Spoiler:
              i'm writing my own Stagate series, its called star gate Achilles its a a galaxy based with the highly technology advanced replicator-humans with atlanten and Asgards technology 2 of the most power ships and a fleet of C-305's are in bound to find out if there is an live this galaxy but what will heppen will be massive shock to the tau-ri

x-304 line art
              Spoiler:

Comment

I'm not too keen on ori tech, we don't know that much about it. If you go along with tep, then the ship has a lot of potential.

Also: At the moment the ship is considered fanwank because of all its ties.
                sigpic

Comment

i've taken out all of the ori stuff and replaced it with semething that either Tau-ri or Asgard did i get the generator's right

Spoiler:

x-304 line art
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Not really.

What mark is it for? Because NIGs are much more effective than nahquidah generators (at least i think) and NIG stands for nutrino ion generator. A NIG can come in small Medium or large. A TNIG is a tur'ri made NIG, They use them in the Gate World Virtual Fleet 3.0. APBWs stands for Asgard Plasma Beam Weapons, so i'm guessing anti-ori wepaons are APBWs?

It would also be better not to have a chair in the ship, with all the crew on board, i doubt anything would try and take the ship. Just have a normal control room.

And no way 15 gates would be on earth, one is enough, asgard teleports would be fine to get from one place to another, and transports would also be fine.
                    sigpic

Comment

from one fan's idea, to another's:

Just something i'm working on for a race in 2.0 of CSVF. Finished a few specs for ships as well.

Spoiler:
                      Technology Sheet for the Tridon Empire

Power generation:

Sub space tap. The device is like a ZPM, but much less powerful. The equivalent of a mark I is a small NIG. Comes in four different marks:

Mark I: Equivalent of a small NIG. Used for powering small ships of the Tridon empire. No where near as powerful as a ZPM, but requires no fuel. It is large, but produces unlimited power but in low amounts. (16mL, 5mW and 3mH)

Mark II: Equivalent of a medium NIG. Used for powering most ships in the Tridon empire. No where near as powerful as a ZPM, but requires no fuel. Four times larger than the mark I, it produces much more amounts of power. (63mL, 20mW and 12mH)

Mark III: Equivalent of a large NIG. Used for powering large ships in the Tridon empire. No where near as powerful as a ZPM, but requires no fuel. Four times larger than the Mark II, it produces much larger amounts of power. (250mL, 80mH and 48mH)

Mark IV: No tau’ri equivalent. Used on the capital ships of the Tridon empire and cities. Closer to the power generation of a ZPM than any other generator in the Tridon empire, still no where near as powerful. It is huge at nearly one kilometre in length. It produces the most power of any of the taps and two are used on the flagship Olympian II. It would take nearly seven years running on full power to make a ZPM. (1000mL, 320mW and 192mH)

Mark V: The original sub space tap. The mark V is beyond repair of the Tridon Empire’s engineers as well as Fiona. All sub space taps were ‘reverse engineered’ by Fiona from this one. The most powerful sub space tap in the Tridon Empire located on their home planet for investigation. Found on an ancient base that had severe damage from wraith plasma weaponry.

Weapons:

Pulse plasma cannons. These are the rail guns of the energy weapon world in a way. They fire low power plasma bolts at a very high rate of fire and velocity. They do over heat but are very effective against fighters and small ships.

-Mark I: dual barrel and quad barrel, they can also come in point defence. Very low powered but highly effective against fighters and missiles. They are mostly used on small ships in the Tridon Empire to tackle fighters and fixed positioned dual barrelled are used on fighters themselves.
                      --Damage = 1 KT per shot.
                      --Rate of fire = 3 shots per second.
                      --Time to overheat on full power = twenty seconds, then cools in ten seconds.
                      --Speed of pulse = mach 4.

-Mark II: Single and dual barrel. Low powered and highly effective against small ships. They are used on most ships to tackle fighters and other small ships.
                      --Damage = 1 MT
                      --Rate of fire = 1 shot per second
                      --Time to overheat on full power = ten seconds, then cools in eight seconds.
                      --Speed of pulse = mach 3

-Mark III: Single and dual barrel. Medium powered and moderately effective against most ship’s shields. They are used on nearly all ships in the Tridon Empire to wear down shields and to damage thinly armoured ships.
                      --Damage = 5 MT
                      --Rate of fire = 1 shot every 3 seconds
                      --Time to overheat on full power = 60 seconds, then cools in two minutes.
                      --Speed of pulse = mach 5

Plasma cannons. Much more powerful than the PPC. The most powerful cannons can rip holes in most wraith ships.

-Mark I: dual barrel. Medium power and very effective against ship’s hulls. They are used on most small ships in use of the Tridon Empire to destroy the hulls of ships.
                      --Damage = 500 MT
                      --Rate of fire = 1 shot every 1 second
                      --Time to overheat on full power = five seconds, then cools in ten.
                      --Speed of pulse = mach 2

-Mark II: dual barrel. High power and very effective against thick armour. Are on cruisers, destroyers and other large ships.
                      --Damage = 1 GT
                      --Rate of fire = 1 shot every 2 seconds
                      --Time to overheat on full power = ten seconds then cools in thirty.
                      --Speed of pulse = mach 1

-Mark III: Single barrel. Very high power and extremely effective against thick armour and protective plating. Used on the larger ships in the Tridon Empire. Used mainly on the space stations and defence turrets.
                      --Damage = 5 GT
                      --Rate of fire = 1 shot every 5 seconds
                      --Time to overheat on full power = twenty five seconds, then cools in one minute.

Mark IV: Single barrel. Huge amounts of power and the most effective against hulls, armour, plating and super dense material. The mark IV was designed to destroy wraith ships in one shot, the super hive is the only real competitor with the Mark IV. Only on ships powered by mark IV sub space taps!
                      --Damage = 10 GT
                      --Rate of fire = 1 shot every two minutes.
                      --Time to overheat on full power = instantly after first shot, then cools in two minutes.
                      --mach 0.5

Missiles are used by the Tridon Empire and are very effective against unshielded ships. The main missile used is an energy charge missile.

-Mark I: The most common missile on small craft.
                      It is small, agile and fast. The perfect weapon for mass weak point targeting. It is harder intercept because of random movements before impact.
                      --Damage = 1 GT
                      --Speed of missile = mach 2
                      --Explosion orb = 50m
                      --Resulting shockwave = 400m

-Mark II: Most common of all missiles in use in the Tridon fleet. Perfect for destruction of wraith ships it disintegrates hull with a powerful orb of energy. But is easy to intercept.
                      --Damage = 5 GT
                      --Speed of missile = mach 1
                      --Explosion orb = 250m
                      --Resulting shockwave = 2km

-Mark III: Used on destroyers and large battle ships. Designed to penetrate hull and explode on the inside. Not as agile as the mark I or II, but defiantly the most destructive. It is hard to intercept and is only used if needed.
                      --Damage = 20 GT
                      --Speed of missile = mach 9
                      --Explosion orb = 1km
                      --Resulting shockwave = 8km

Defences:

Tridon shielding is stronger than most shielding because of Fiona’s interference with the Tridon Empire’s technology. The shields on a frigate would match those found on a cruiser by tau’ri terms. But the strength of the shields comes at a price of power from the generator.

Amour comes in the form of high impact plating. One meter can survive 250MTs of force before giving way. Layering the armour gives it much more strength, but is only on large ships with power generation over the Mark III sub space tap. It sends out a shock of electricity catching the energy directed at it and relieving the blow. Each impact does make damage, but it is softened. When armour is breached, armour stops for fear of feedback loop.

Propulsion:

Ion engines are the main engines on Tridon ships. Most are available for commercial use in transports and other civilian ships. They come in five types:

-Mark I: very low powered but is very efficient. Provides thrust for very small ships in the Tridon Empire. They are used on fighters and other very small craft.

-Mark II: low powered but is very efficient. Provides thrust for small ships in the Tridon Empire. They are used on frigates and other small ships.

-Mark III: medium power but is very efficient. Provides thrust for medium sized ships in the Tridon Empire. They are used on cruisers and other medium sized ships.

-Mark IV: Large power but is very efficient. Provides thrust for large ships in the Tridon Empire. They are used on carriers and other large ships.

-Mark V: Huge power requirements but is very efficient. Provides thrust for capital ships in the Tridon Empire. They are used on the capital ships only.

Chemical thrusters are used as manoeuvring or as boost thrusters for ships.

-Mark I: used on very small ships as boosts for fighters and as sharp manoeuvring thrusters.
                      --Time it takes to overheat on full burn = ten seconds, then cools in five seconds.

-Mark II: used on small ships as boosts and manoeuvring thrusters.
                      --Time it takes to overheat on full burn = twenty seconds, then cools in ten seconds.

-Mark III: used on cruisers and ships the same size as manoeuvring thrusters and boosts.
                      --Time it takes to overheat on full burn = thirty seconds, then cools in fifteen seconds.

-Mark IV: used on destroyers and other large ships as manoeuvring thrusters and boosts.
                      --Time it takes to overheat on full burn = one minute, then cools in five minutes.

-Mark V: used on the capital ships only as manoeuvring thrusters and boost.
                      --Time it takes to overheat on full burn = two minutes, then cools in seven minutes.

Hyper-drives are new to the Tridon Empire. They were made so efficient by Fiona in 2011 that the design has not changed at all. They are fast enough for travel around the Pegasus galaxy but cannot go to other galaxies.

Production:

Production for the Tridon Empire was set back because of a sudden rush in technological advances. They did have a fleet of near one hundred year on the 6th of October 2011. In the siege of the fifth planet, half their ships were lost to the five battle cruisers and their escorts. Now in the year 2021 they have rebuilt to nearly one hundred ships from nearly twenty off world construction facilities. The tau’ri merely thinks of this as a precaution for other attacks from the wraith. Standard production has increased ten fold by help of massive construction facilities. They have been approached by the tau’ri but decided to cut relations.

If they were to make a 304 it would take nearly one year of use from a standard construction facility. It depends entirely on the resources available. For instance, a generalised five star ranked planet would make a 304 in nearly six months. A one star planet would make a 304 in probably two years and six months.

Resource ranking of the twenty construction facilities is as follows:

5 star systems = 2 = seven months to make a 304
                      4 star systems = 6 = one year two moths to make a 304
                      3 star systems = 3 = one year and eight months to make a 304
                      2 star systems = 4 = two years three months to make a 304
                      1 star systems = 5 = two years ten months to make a 304

Tridon star systems:

Tridon star systems come in various forms. Twenty systems are mainly used as ship production facilities. Nine are systems for the main populace of the Tridon Empire. On production systems resources should be easy to come by unless overused. (Hence the 1 star planets) Once all resources are used in a system, the system is still in use, but as an outpost or a trading post and can also become a new populace system.

Sensors:

Tridon sensors are very good. They can repel other sensors to read only things they want read. They are also powerful. The thirty systems in use of the Tridon Empire are all ‘cloaked’ by these sensors. They are also advanced enough to tell if an incoming ship is wraith, then as soon as the wraith ship exits hyperspace the defences of the system are ready to fire.

There is one problem. Once a sensor relay is destroyed, all defence turrets must be controlled manually, whereas if the sensors were up, the turrets would automatically open fire on hostile ships. If an unknown ship is about to enter the system the human authorities are warned of it and when it does exit hyperspace it is scanned then hailed. If it is found to be hostile, the ship’s signature is painted red by all defences in the Tridon Empire.

What do people think?
                      Last edited by Experiment 442; 03 July 2009, 08:19 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

i've edited it again i've give it some Large NIG and medium NIGs

engines and generator and that stuff aren't my strong point

Spoiler:

x-304 line art
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Just put large/medium NIGs. People will know what you mean.

You get the hang of it after a while. Its a trial and error thing.
                          sigpic

Comment

other than editing what i have what else could i add make it better if i can

Spoiler:

x-304 line art
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Experiment.

tell me the size increase ( how many times it gets bigger) of the ST's, the size/power ratio and the relative power. so if a NIG, purely for estimations, had a power of a trillion joules, what do you define as "medium", "Small" and "large" NIG, what is the power of the original ST?

i estimate the NIG to be between 10^18 and 10^20 joules per second,
                              an ST to be near 10^25 per second (Deadalus Variations),
                              and a ZPM to be near 10^28 to 10^30.

so please tell me what the power would be.

Comment

-Mark II: Single and dual barrel. Low powered and highly effective against small ships. They are used on most ships to tackle fighters and other small ships.
                                --Damage = 1 MT
                                --Rate of fire = 1 shot per second
                                --Time to overheat on full power = ten seconds, then cools in eight seconds.
                                --Speed of pulse = mach 3

-Mark III: Single and dual barrel. Medium powered and moderately effective against most ship’s shields. They are used on nearly all ships in the Tridon Empire to wear down shields and to damage thinly armoured ships.
                                --Damage = 5 MT
                                --Rate of fire = 1 shot every 3 seconds
                                --Time to overheat on full power = 60 seconds, then cools in two minutes.
                                --Speed of pulse = mach 5
                                thats redundant. the mark II does 3 MT of damage per 3 seconds, the mark III 5 MT. thats unnessecary. its better to spam weaker bolts than to fire few slightly more powerfull bolts.

in 18 seconds, the mark II does 10 MT damage
                                in 3 minutes, the mark II does 100 MT damage.

18 seconds times 10 is 180 seconds, is 3 minutes, and does 100 MT in the same time. only, the mark II continues to spam, the mark III can fire only for 1 minute

Mark I: dual barrel. Medium power and very effective against ship’s hulls. They are used on most small ships in use of the Tridon Empire to destroy the hulls of ships.
                                --Damage = 500 MT
                                --Rate of fire = 1 shot every 1 second
                                --Time to overheat on full power = five seconds, then cools in ten.
                                --Speed of pulse = mach 2

-Mark II: dual barrel. High power and very effective against thick armour. Are on cruisers, destroyers and other large ships.
                                --Damage = 1 GT
                                --Rate of fire = 1 shot every 2 seconds
                                --Time to overheat on full power = ten seconds then cools in thirty.
                                same Damage per second.

in 15 seconds the mark I does 2.5 GT damage
                                in 40 seconds the mark II does 5GT damage.

thats less damage, in more time.

Mark IV: Single barrel. Huge amounts of power and the most effective against hulls, armour, plating and super dense material. The mark IV was designed to destroy wraith ships in one shot, the super hive is the only real competitor with the Mark IV. Only on ships powered by mark IV sub space taps!
                                --Damage = 10 GT
                                --Rate of fire = 1 shot every two minutes.
                                --Time to overheat on full power = instantly after first shot, then cools in two minutes.
                                --mach 0.5
                                all other guns do more damage in the same time.

also, your bolts are VERY easy to evade at such speeds. dont measure in Mach. measure in PSL. (percentage Light Speed). 10PSL would be acceptable ( putting it at 30 000 KM/s or Mach 30 000)
                                Last edited by thekillman; 03 July 2009, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X